Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't think Manuel looked shamed. I thought he looked genuinely sad because he and Wendy are friends

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I realized an irony about Gregg today. While his reviews are extremely surface level and his self-described expertise is overblown, he would have made for a good marketer or hype man. He's so excited at the idea of Dune as a franchise more than the movie itself or anything contained within. Dune might be filling the Hobbit Hole left in his heart now that they aren't making any more Middle Earth movies. That might be why James Bond is so appealing, there will always be another James Bond movie.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like that Gregg's tuxedo is more stained this week than last week's. I hope that's a trend.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I didn't think Manuel looked shamed. I thought he looked genuinely sad because he and Wendy are friends

My guess is that he slept with Toni and Tim and Axiom were blacked out / misremembered

Spoiler because I'm definitely correct.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Salt Fish posted:

My guess is that he slept with Toni and Tim and Axiom were blacked out / misremembered

I've been getting that vibe too. Especially from:

https://twitter.com/mattnewman_/status/1448459186086371329

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Salt Fish posted:

yea Manuel's half-hearted defense of Axiom in Ep 2 makes me think that there's more to the story here

kinda doubt they're going in that direction with Wendy Kirby (she's 18!) but I can confidently say something bad is gonna happen to her

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
the fact that they made sure to have her say she's 18 and therefore legal, i think they absolutely will go in that direction. it would be a very Tim thing to do, to leave his new wife for someone (much) younger. they were already hinting he had something with pastor lewis, but i guess something went wrong with the actress? so maybe they redirected the plot onto wendy

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

derp posted:

the fact that they made sure to have her say she's 18 and therefore legal, i think they absolutely will go in that direction. it would be a very Tim thing to do, to leave his new wife for someone (much) younger. they were already hinting he had something with pastor lewis, but i guess something went wrong with the actress? so maybe they redirected the plot onto wendy

They briefly accidentally uploaded a dress rehearsal for this year's Oscar special and Tim mentioned while out of character that the actress who played Lewis refused to get a COVID test so they wrote her out of the special and presumably the show.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Manuel would never do anything wrong

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
oh Tim's definitely gonna be creepy and possessive towards Wendy but I think it's more because he thinks she's gonna be a bona fide star? idk when Tim hits on someone he's not very subtle about it. also they kind of already did that plot with Ayaka right?

the part that confuses me is that apparently "Rock House" is a real place where they live? and not just a show within the show? idk whatever they're doing I'm glad Manuel is getting so much screentime, idk why but his character always cracks me up. maybe because it's not really a character

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tim is a loser who should be jailed. Gregg rocks n deserves time to cover bond!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if the reason Rock House didn't make it past one episode is because something went down with Axiom's actor which doesn't preclude them from writing around him, like an injury of the hand

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm sure the in universe reason has got to be Tim's vanity getting in the way.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
omg i have 70,000 hei points

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MacheteZombie posted:

Tim is a loser who should be jailed. Gregg rocks n deserves time to cover bond!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I don't think it was a setup for the prenup. The character dynamics for the show is two people who are codependent because they are repulsive to everyone else. He's physical with Toni around Gregg (and before that, invited his band to constantly chill on the show) to prove to Gregg that he can be replaced and has been replaced, allowing him to 'win' the friendship. He definitely needs the money, but he craves love. He'll cheat on her and definitely has cheated on her (to get more love from other people), but his move is always to buy love with cash/fame/status/prestige, not the other way around. Toni, OTOH, as fundamentally a pretty normal person, is very quickly tiring of his poo poo and sinking into booze, she has every reason to have what I guarantee will be some kind of threeway or even fourway where Tim was actually there but wasn't totally in to it. Like, Tim has bragged about doing that kind of stuff with the boys before and I have to assume that Axiom has developed some kind of serious feelings for Tim considering he gave him his loving hand in the The Trial.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

oh Tim's definitely gonna be creepy and possessive towards Wendy but I think it's more because he thinks she's gonna be a bona fide star?

I mean, he made sure to comment on her pure, white skin and extremely soft hands, then offered her a drink immediately after

Also I just realized the comedy of him offering her a drink while his wife is in rehab for alcoholism lmao

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm praying for his good health and safe return to Dekkar every day

:pray::pray::pray:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Was really hoping this season would put the focus back on the movies and thus far I've been disappointed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thom and the Heads posted:

Was really hoping this season would put the focus back on the movies and thus far I've been disappointed.

Maybe you should do some kind of boycott

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's Friday and I don't know what movie to see this weekend

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Another Bill posted:

It's Friday and I don't know what movie to see this weekend

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah I know Gregg SAID I should get in on the ground floor of Dune, but he didn't give it a popcorn rating, so I have no idea as to how high of a priority I should make it

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yeah I know Gregg SAID I should get in on the ground floor of Dune, but he didn't give it a popcorn rating, so I have no idea as to how high of a priority I should make it

officially he gave it 5 bags of popcorn and some sand fromm that planet

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

officially he gave it 5 bags of popcorn and some sand fromm that planet

No he didn’t you loving scab

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Joe Knows.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Joe. Knows.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

huh posted:

Joe. Knows.

He's so happy for Gregg. :3:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
can anyone read who signed it in the bottom right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1451689892409331716?t=sjHUL6V4YdBv8ghyn3WJOg&s=19

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Disappointed to find out Bob is not interested in real movie expertise, despite his role in kicking off the Little Women franchise

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

wuggles posted:

Disappointed to find out Bob is not interested in real movie expertise, despite his role in kicking off the Little Women franchise

In France they call it cinemas

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Finally tried sending HEi Points for the first time and :lol:

Please send me points so I can buy tapes to send to the VFA: c1bf43e0c90241c241c4c0150fd881fc

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1452733398007435265

The Axe is Backs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007