Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Another Fiorina birthday bash! Today it’s Antonio’s day!
Come on by and celebrate a very honky boi who likes blue and aqua exercise stuff!

Dodo in PGS thread!

Hooray, I've got Antonio too, and he looks like he's having a banger!:toot:

Raymond showed up as a camper and wanted to supplant Antonio. That ain't happening on my main man's birthday. I reset and tried a few more times, hoping he'd kick out Pango. No luck on that front, but eventually I got him to replace Beardo. I like Beardo, but I feel like I've run my course with him, so I said yes. Forgive me, my friend.

I've had good luck with popular villagers this week - Raymond today, Marina a few days ago. I like them as they are, but is there any benefit to having popular villagers other than being able to sell them off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I stopped playing last year after telling Moose he could move out, and logged in a year later to find Bob has moved in! Plus all my pumpkin starts are still good. Now I just need to figure out how to complete my landscaping. :shrug:

Also, how do you get the villagers to give you their pictures?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hollylolly posted:

I stopped playing last year after telling Moose he could move out, and logged in a year later to find Bob has moved in! Plus all my pumpkin starts are still good. Now I just need to figure out how to complete my landscaping. :shrug:

Max out your friendship level with them and then give them a gift. I just got Reneigh's a couple days back, which tracks, because she was my first villager.

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Momomo posted:

I didn't see most of the dialogue because they sound passive aggressive after the very first time you talk to them each day, I figured they just didn't want to talk to me. I have to wonder if that was done on purpose, because every villager type sounds like that.

Yeah wait are they not actually annoyed by me? Have I been denying them wanted attention this entire time???
I’ve always found a lot of their initial reactions read as being dismissive and don’t understand why it was wrote this way

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

hollylolly posted:

Someone here told me the way to get photos is to gift the villager a wrapped package of 3 fruit every day. So far it's working perfectly.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Majorian posted:

Hooray, I've got Antonio too, and he looks like he's having a banger!:toot:

Raymond showed up as a camper and wanted to supplant Antonio. That ain't happening on my main man's birthday. I reset and tried a few more times, hoping he'd kick out Pango. No luck on that front, but eventually I got him to replace Beardo. I like Beardo, but I feel like I've run my course with him, so I said yes. Forgive me, my friend.

I've had good luck with popular villagers this week - Raymond today, Marina a few days ago. I like them as they are, but is there any benefit to having popular villagers other than being able to sell them off?

Haha no there's no benefit, they're the same as other villagers. You can feel pleased with yourself if you want. I got Raymond and Marshal both as random campers within a couple of weeks, that was fun.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I got Ankha as a villager from the void early on in the game and honestly didn’t feel like my island was made special in any way for her being on it even though a lot of people visiting from the Big AC Discord Server would freak out that she was there. When she finally moved out, she was snapped up very quickly, like within a minute of me advertising that she was in boxes my inbox was flooding with people begging to take her.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Oct 21, 2021

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Haha no there's no benefit, they're the same as other villagers. You can feel pleased with yourself if you want. I got Raymond and Marshal both as random campers within a couple of weeks, that was fun.

That's what I figured, but good to have it confirmed. Thanks! I'll definitely feel pleased with myself and wallow in my good luck for a minute before I go back to diving for poo poo.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I got Ankha as a villager from the void early on in the game and honestly didn’t feel like my island was made special in any way for her being on it even though a lot of people visiting from the Bug AC Discord Server would freak out that she was there. When she finally moved out, she was snapped up very quickly, like within a minute of me advertising that she was in boxes my inbox was flooding with people begging to take her.
None of the villagers are anything special, unless you personally think they're cute

Zucker is no different from every other bug and dirt obsessed lazy villager, but I keep him around because he's a takoyaki boy and i love him

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah, I have Raymond because he showed up one day and I was like “cool a free Alexander Hamilton” and it was nice for a bit but now he annoys me. I’ll probably move him on next time he asks or I get a cool camper.

Kabuki and Tiffany, on the other hand, are staying forever because I love them and their amazing outfits and quirks.

I think Raymond was just in high demand cause he was new and has Bowie eyes.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have ten million DIYs and will be opening for Timbra's b-day tomorrow!

e: lotsa mats, too

I will be present believe you me

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ChickenDoodle posted:

Yeah, I have Raymond because he showed up one day and I was like “cool a free Alexander Hamilton” and it was nice for a bit but now he annoys me. I’ll probably move him on next time he asks or I get a cool camper.

Kabuki and Tiffany, on the other hand, are staying forever because I love them and their amazing outfits and quirks.

I think Raymond was just in high demand cause he was new and has Bowie eyes.
I got raymond because he was a memecat and i wanted him

i kept raymond because the smug/cranky interactions are great.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Marshal is a better smug villager than Raymond because he's a squirrel and was one of the starting villagers in my New Lead save

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

So I've actually logged into for the first timein over a year... i had all of the character posters in my catalog. Now most are gone. I'm trying to figure out what happened. Don't want to try recollecting them all if i can help it

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

nashona posted:

So I've actually logged into for the first timein over a year... i had all of the character posters in my catalog. Now most are gone. I'm trying to figure out what happened. Don't want to try recollecting them all if i can help it

The ability to catalog and buy posters of animals you didn't invite to Harv's island or whatever amiibo shenanigans was patched out.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Zuzie posted:

The ability to catalog and buy posters of animals you didn't invite to Harv's island or whatever amiibo shenanigans was patched out.

:argh: that stinks! thanks though!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Turnips are selling for 454 Bells on Fiorina. Kicks is here with spoopy tights and wings. Come hang out and draw on the bulletin board and buy and sell and fish and catch and chat and ooh and aah!

Dodo in PGS thread.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 21, 2021

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Someone in the discord was asking for ideas on making a spider bigger than the tarantula model (they eventually put a skull radio on top of a custom pattern for legs, it looked great) and I had some ideas that wildly overshot the scale they were thinking of, so I made this! it's on a baseball diamond because my island is very packed and that's an easy space to clear out for temporary builds.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo :dogstare:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Come on over to Sharkfarts for Timbra's birthday! She likes brown and green, and elegant and gorgeous things. Feel free to pick up a wrapped gift for her in front of her house while supplies last.

There are a TON of DIYs and other freebies on the FreeBeach to the right of the airport. Buy anything in Nook's. Please enjoy yourselves!

closed

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 21, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It just dawned on me, with the addition of the new amiibo cards, I guess people can also create fake RFIDs for all those in-demand new-comers. Granted, it's a bit late now.

November 5th can't come soon enough.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

It just dawned on me, with the addition of the new amiibo cards, I guess people can also create fake RFIDs for all those in-demand new-comers. Granted, it's a bit late now.

November 5th can't come soon enough.

Hahaha, death to the Raymond black market.

Oh no, there is no card for Pascal, I guess they only animated him in his swimming positions. He's one of my favs, watching him cracking his scallop while floating away, but it's such a pain in the rear end to see him.

Checking Pascal's wiki he was voiced by Takashi Miike in the anime!

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
Kiki is in boxes. Pm me here or at the discord if you a black kitty-kitty.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hey AC folks. I have a question. I’m about to get a new Switch console, and plan to sell my old one. Now I know there’s an island transfer app that’s used to move the game’s data from the old one to the new one. But I also understand that doing a system transfer will delete my user data from the old switch and put it on the new one. Where I would then have to re-associate the old switch with my account again to do the whole island moving thing.

My question is this: can’t I just restore my island and data through the in-game island backup service that I have enabled? Like, redownload the game once the new switch is set up and just restore everything that way? Or does it not work like that.

I’d like to avoid having to enable my account on the old switch again once everything is moved over, since I’m planning to sell it.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

man nurse posted:

can’t I just

Unfortunately when you sign up for Nintendo products the answer to this sentiment becomes no, every time.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

PeePot posted:

Hahaha, death to the Raymond black market.

Oh no, there is no card for Pascal, I guess they only animated him in his swimming positions. He's one of my favs, watching him cracking his scallop while floating away, but it's such a pain in the rear end to see him.

Checking Pascal's wiki he was voiced by Takashi Miike in the anime!

There's a Pascal amiibo card in season 1 I think, that might work with the Roost.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I've got turnips for 467, see PGS

closed!

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 23, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LizzieBorden posted:

There's a Pascal amiibo card in season 1 I think, that might work with the Roost.

Oh poo poo that’s right. I look forward to seeing if he’ll come have coffee with me! :neckbeard:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Pascal is Cheech AND Chong together in one divine otter and he's just the best.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Please explain the amiibo card thing to me as though I am an idiot.

Does Nintendo have any plans to print more of the previous series?

If not, then it seems there are characters in the previous series who will not be reprinted in Series 5, if ever?

And in order to get at least one series of them in the first place you had to show up in person and be one of, like, the first 10 people at a brick and mortar store in the middle of a global loving pandemic?

So in order to take advantage of a game mechanic that they proudly announced to all, one's only options, in this otherwise chill baby game for babies, is to pay outrageous aftermarket prices or to engage in dubious duplication activities.

Just seems like a whole string of unforced errors and a lot of money being left on the table!

(Replies to the effect of "I see you are new to Nintendo's business practices" are appreciated but let's take it as said and get that out of the way. This seems like rather a step beyond their usual practice.)

I tried the trick with my Droid phone a while back and couldn't get it to work.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Pascal is Cheech AND Chong together in one divine otter and he's just the best.

Harv and Pascal

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

And in order to get at least one series of them in the first place you had to show up in person and be one of, like, the first 10 people at a brick and mortar store in the middle of a global loving pandemic?

No, the previous sets were originally sold in The Before Times, 2015-2016.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Oh right, I think I knew that, but "only available for a brief period several years before this game even existed" is not a great pitch for accessibility either.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The new amiibo guys will be immediately replicated and fakes will be available on your favourite selling site for about the same store price. If you just want the villager that works pretty well. There's no benefit to owning the real card unless you really want the real card for some reason.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

eating only apples posted:

The new amiibo guys will be immediately replicated and fakes will be available on your favourite selling site for about the same store price. If you just want the villager that works pretty well. There's no benefit to owning the real card unless you really want the real card for some reason.

I have like a billon of those ones so just ask me and I can prob give you whatever villager you'd want

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for making me rich again after resetting my island.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

eating only apples posted:

unfortunately if you would like the real cards because they look nice, you're poo poo outta luck unless your faves are unpopular

you'd think that nintend would just make more and sell them like the trading cards theyre supposed to be, but lol

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

man nurse posted:

Hey AC folks. I have a question. I’m about to get a new Switch console, and plan to sell my old one. Now I know there’s an island transfer app that’s used to move the game’s data from the old one to the new one. But I also understand that doing a system transfer will delete my user data from the old switch and put it on the new one. Where I would then have to re-associate the old switch with my account again to do the whole island moving thing.

My question is this: can’t I just restore my island and data through the in-game island backup service that I have enabled? Like, redownload the game once the new switch is set up and just restore everything that way? Or does it not work like that.

I’d like to avoid having to enable my account on the old switch again once everything is moved over, since I’m planning to sell it.

I’m not sure what you’re worried about? I did this when selling my old Switch and it was fine. Moving AC to the switch is pretty different from the rest of the games on the Switch but you don’t need to re-sign in on the old system for anything…

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides...nintendo-switch

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

LizzieBorden posted:

I just "bought" his Amiibo card, tested it, and he is fully animated out of the water on Harv's Island! So I'm ready to have coffee with Pascal. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I was excited for farming in a couple weeks so I rearranged my town to make way for a nice (if kind of cramped) farming zone, but there's nothing to plant yet except pumpkins.

So rather than just leave the plots as plain empty dirt for the next couple weeks I decided to create a certain atmosphere:

https://twitter.com/eiba80636022/status/1452024772414480384

It was pretty easy to set up, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.