Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Bunny is the actual Tribal Chief. https://twitter.com/robinlundberg/status/1451284564161269776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Did Nick Khan get this guy his job too?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Their hugest money matches in the history of money matches, Reigns/Cena and Reigns/Lesnar, have been...........fine. They're fine. I watched them once, and I don't need to watch them again.

I dunno man, I'd figure the tribal chief of the entire wrestling industry would have a product I'd be excited to see over and over again?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah yes, short matches where one person looks like a loser nerd are way better than long matches where everyone comes out looking good.

Green, 10-year rookie Zelena Vega just needs to learn to hard cam

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zelina's been wrestling for 11 years :psyduck:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The bad wrestling matches, actually, are good

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Heel version of a face version of Ken Shamrock.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

Zelina's been wrestling for 11 years :psyduck:

She's been wrestling since before Skyrim came out...

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

mooseinfants posted:

Heel version of a face version of Ken Shamrock.

Not gonna lie here. This isn't a bad way to describe Shayna.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

D.N. Nation posted:

Their hugest money matches in the history of money matches, Reigns/Cena and Reigns/Lesnar, have been...........fine. They're fine. I watched them once, and I don't need to watch them again.

I dunno man, I'd figure the tribal chief of the entire wrestling industry would have a product I'd be excited to see over and over again?

"3.75-Star Bout Machine" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shayna Baszler is the English Google translated version of the Chinese Google translated version of the German Google translated version of Ken Shamrock

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Cultural differences. It's the rules there in Saudi Arabia. They wouldn't let them out there to begin with. While I understand it's ridiculous from a different perspective in a country where it's no big deal, that's their culture.

This is like anyone mad at women wearing a hijab while living in the US. That's their religion and that's how they choose to follow it.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

sticklefifer posted:

Surely we will see the triumphant return of *checks notes* Dan Matha.

Did Hiroki Sumi make an appearance??

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1451292928362496008?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I like how the article headline implies that the statement itself is "unchecked", like a [citation needed] source.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
has wwe bought off a bunch of supposed sports journalists lately because i swear i never saw this many "roman reigns is the biggest star in wrestling, honest!" even when he was the #1 guy and ratings were higher than they are now.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Access is key for a lot of journalists and that means either playing nice or actively taking marching orders from those that can give access.

Also SI has shifted away from being a curated magazine and into an SBNation style content farm so they'll take anything that can get them engagement and clicks.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Seams posted:

has wwe bought off a bunch of supposed sports journalists lately because i swear i never saw this many "roman reigns is the biggest star in wrestling, honest!" even when he was the #1 guy and ratings were higher than they are now.

testing the waters for when the hit pieces come

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1451379831288049667

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Seams posted:

What do you think

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/1451387548312371207?s=20

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

unironically posting as the bors comic, forever

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
whataboutism intensifies

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

loving hell https://twitter.com/Trixdeee_/status/1451403697590734852

'not supporting Saudi wrestling fans is racist' is such a galaxy brained take that I

gently caress

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

These aren’t even new takes, the ‘people hate blood money because they’re racist against arabs’ tweets pop up every time theres a saudi show.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Well, they are still insanely bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

maruhkati posted:

"3.75-Star Bout Machine" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

More like the 3 Star Bout Machine

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

These aren’t even new takes, the ‘people hate blood money because they’re racist against arabs’ tweets pop up every time theres a saudi show.

It's almost like the Saudi government has invested a lot of money in papering over their crimes and human rights failures and making sure legit criticism of them is painted as racism. Not sure, though. Can we get Mel Mudkiper to weigh in?

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
the worst thing about the saudi “anti-extremism” bot farm in Riyadh is that they don’t even have the Orb there any more

yes, these tweets are coming from the place in that picture

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
COWARD TONY SEIZE THE ORB

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Orb is #AllElite

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

The Orb is #AllElite

alex and thomas are so fuckin old now

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

graph posted:

alex and thomas are so fuckin old now

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

This poo poo is embarrassing. Does this dude get paid to write for SI or what? Reads like a low-effort Medium post.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FRIGHT ISLAND › The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: David David David

The :smug: coming out of that tweet is palpable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

god this is such a pissweak flex. "Sorry, DAVID, I have to go be the guy who pretends to laugh at Ebro Darden's jokes."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh you do your show in San Jose and put it on the internet? Heh, how pedestrian. I'm on the radio. In New York City. :smug:

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
didn't someone imply that rosenberg pays wwe to be on those preshows? when rosenberg was at the same desk at the time?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fart Radio posted:

didn't someone imply that rosenberg pays wwe to be on those preshows? when rosenberg was at the same desk at the time?

Pretty sure someone said this as a joke then Dave vaguely mentioned it or something while saying it wasn't true and Rosenberg got angry. Then I think someone on a preshow said it to him to gently caress around? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it was a rumor that both Dave and Bix have said isn't true and he's flipped out on both of them for mentioning it.