Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Guess I've just been lucky when it comes to towels then. Good on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

BiggerBoat posted:

Guess I've just been lucky when it comes to towels then. Good on me.

Lol imagine being unlucky when it comes to towels.

There goes Ted, just absolutely towelcursed, what a life.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Lol imagine being unlucky when it comes to towels.

There goes Ted, just absolutely towelcursed, what a life.

Beware the towelcursed. You shall know them by their dripping.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SetSliRol posted:

Seems Trump's going to be launching a media company, including social media and streaming. Specifically, it'll specialize in non-woke entertainment.

Here's a slideshow of their company mission and extremely worth your clickthrus.

It's already been compromised:

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1451030745263263745

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1451031457590353922

https://twitter.com/clairenjax/status/1451021497703845892

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Donald J Trump

18 truths

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Donald J Trump

18 truths

2 Truths and a Guy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GIVE ME BACK MY TWEETER JACK. IT WAS A GOOD TWEETER AND I LIKE IT.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also apparently Trump's Truther account wasn't hacked; literally no one had set up an account for him so @donaldjtrump was sitting free and open, so someone grabbed it and used it to post poopy pig balls. @mikepence was also free and has been grabbed by a rando, and there is no verification system in place to keep people from grabbing any celebrity or politician's name or known handle used on other sites and using it as their Truther username.

It's amazing :allears:

E: pro ejemplo, someone is also impersonating @Jack on Truther:

https://twitter.com/clairenjax/status/1451022298824253445

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 22, 2021

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1450965835678457856

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

"The Left's War on the Unvaccinated" - jesus christ. We are never going to pull out of this, are we?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Levantine posted:

"The Left's War on the Unvaccinated" - jesus christ. We are never going to pull out of this, are we?
No, that ship sailed long ago

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Covid's war on the unvaccinated might be our eastern front tbh.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, their eastern front.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

A local lawyer filed and emergency injunction on behalf of a bunch of public employees and said something along the lines of this being a violation of the 'bodily autonomy' that was 'inherited at birth and protected by the Constitution' and the government was 'interfering in decisions' that should be between 'the patient, their doctor and their Heavenly Father.'

And like, I don't get it. No one is kicking their door down. But you don't have a right to work at a job where you're endangering others with your ignorance and abstinence.

The injunction was rejected. I know it's nothing new, but to conservatives your 'rights' mean that you have a complete freedom from consequences if you're in their bubble. That's it. That's all they care about.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The only good part is these Right Wing lawyers keep getting worse and worse because nobody wants to work with these assholes anymore. Almost sounds like they just used their local Sovcit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

A local lawyer filed and emergency injunction on behalf of a bunch of public employees and said something along the lines of this being a violation of the 'bodily autonomy' that was 'inherited at birth' and 'interfering in decisions' that should be between 'the patient, their doctor and their Heavenly Father.'

Wonder how this lawyer and those employees think about "bodily autonomy" in regards to abortion.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Beware the towelcursed. You shall know them by their dripping.

I can fully believe that there is a swath of uptight midwesterners who have been dutifully softening their towels, like it shows on the commercials, and now have nonabsorbent towels and feel betrayed by the government and the left by this.

Obviously, the strong manly right wingers wouldn't have nonabsorbent towels.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Wonder how this lawyer and those employees think about "bodily autonomy" in regards to abortion.

They don't feel any need to be consistent.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Murgos posted:

They don't feel any need to be consistent.

I probably should've clarified that I was being rhetorical, but yeah, exactly.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

BiggerBoat posted:

I wasn't aware that towels could even be defective. Pretty sure every towel I've ever used worked well enough to not motivate me to post bad reviews on one.
Towelchat: I once tried one of those ultrasoft, deeeeluxe towels from Bed, Bath and Beyond, and it sucked. Didn't dry well, and it left a layer of fuzz all over my body.

It's gotten better now that it's been through the wash a few dozen times and the fuzz has worn off.

That's it for today's episode of Towel Talk.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Angry_Ed posted:

They 100% don't and it's totally consistent for them. They only care about the thing in their direct field of view. The only thing consistent about these assholes is how inconsistent they are.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Do these guys not know how replaceable they are?
Joe Walsh was replaced by the guy who would call in to berate him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Do these guys not know how replaceable they are?
Joe Walsh was replaced by the guy who would call in to berate him.

If they were remotely reasonable then we would not be in as much trouble as we are right now.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1451400934769238016

Pretty sure she means white people though.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 22, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And to allow them the freedom to die from Covid in 100s.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I fully support Candace Owens launching a one woman invasion of Australia

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I fully support Candace Owens launching a one woman invasion of Australia

As revenge for having unleashed Rupert Murdoch upon the world? Like, we give them a bad export in return? :v:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

As revenge for having unleashed Rupert Murdoch upon the world? Like, we give them a bad export in return? :v:
Yes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"You can have our nuclear subs but only if you take Candace Owens too"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Ban Dongino

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Right wing media hit me hard today, gonna take a break from listening to it for a while. Woke up to hear Fox News excited that Youngkin has tied McAuliffe in the polls (well, one poll) and I'm pretty worried he's going to win. Even if it's one poll and they chose it purely because it's favorable to him, the fact that they're able to pull even a single poll now that shows Youngkin tied worries the hell out of me. Everyone always said that the CRT scare wouldn't last, that it would fade away like every other right wing talking point, but I feel like this is proof that it had staying power and worst of all that it worked.

Then Hannity said that apparently Manchin is killing the 3.5 trillion bill because in an argument about it today he said "How about we spend zero" and even though 3.5 trillion isn't enough, losing that is gonna hit hard.

I dunno it just seems like the right is claiming a lot of victories, everything is hosed, and there's nothing good to hope for. Which is why I'm taking a break for a while, because I hate feeling this way, but the worst part is it's still gonna be in the back of my mind. Still, doing other things and not dwelling on it seems like it'll help me.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wing media hit me hard today, gonna take a break from listening to it for a while. Woke up to hear Fox News excited that Youngkin has tied McAuliffe in the polls (well, one poll) and I'm pretty worried he's going to win. Even if it's one poll and they chose it purely because it's favorable to him, the fact that they're able to pull even a single poll now that shows Youngkin tied worries the hell out of me. Everyone always said that the CRT scare wouldn't last, that it would fade away like every other right wing talking point, but I feel like this is proof that it had staying power and worst of all that it worked.

Then Hannity said that apparently Manchin is killing the 3.5 trillion bill because in an argument about it today he said "How about we spend zero" and even though 3.5 trillion isn't enough, losing that is gonna hit hard.

I dunno it just seems like the right is claiming a lot of victories, everything is hosed, and there's nothing good to hope for. Which is why I'm taking a break for a while, because I hate feeling this way, but the worst part is it's still gonna be in the back of my mind. Still, doing other things and not dwelling on it seems like it'll help me.

Stop staring into the abyss what is wrong with you

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

No, that ship sailed long ago

"muh freedumz!"

I wonder if these assholes are mad at their parents for getting them polio and measles vaccines? I swear to god if we fought WW2 right now, not only would we lose but 1/3 of this country would side with the nazis.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We had Jim Crow, the America First movement, and the Amerikadeutscher Volksbund. Between the various rear end in a top hat sets we may have gotten close to 1/3 the first go.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

"muh freedumz!"

I wonder if these assholes are mad at their parents for getting them polio and measles vaccines? I swear to god if we fought WW2 right now, not only would we lose but 1/3 of this country would side with the nazis.
One of the top GOP members of the state house here in FL recently said that we need to ‘take a look at all childhood vaccination mandates’.

They’re going to try and kill other mandates next.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of the top GOP members of the state house here in FL recently said that we need to ‘take a look at all childhood vaccination mandates’.

I keep arguing with conservative teachers about that going "there's already a ton of laws for mandatory vaccinations" and I was worried that was coming.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

We're all going to die because stupid won.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We had Jim Crow, the America First movement, and the Amerikadeutscher Volksbund. Between the various rear end in a top hat sets we may have gotten close to 1/3 the first go.

Was there anyone claiming that Pearl Harbor didn't really happen or was a false flag? Like I know there's theories and arguments that FDR deliberately allowed it to happen so that we would be forced to enter the war, but I don't know how long after the event it was before those theories started popping up, and that's still a lot different from arguing that the victims were crisis actors and/or the planes were American and Japan was innocent.

Because like nowadays, that's what would happen.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Much like pillows, the true science behind towels is rather complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Much like pillows, the true science behind towels is rather complicated.

I have had towels that don't absorb any water, I've had towels that absorb too much water. Creating the perfect towel is an art form.