Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

on call sending people to the ER

sup

Y'all do good work.

IV bags are pretty sweet, ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Speaking of IV bags, my son is sitting in the ER and got a full bag since he was so sick the last two days he became dehydrated. He seems better now for sure, so yes I agree with them being pretty sweet.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol fiz there's a peepaw with a gumball sized lung mets in the right parietal and the family is trying to drag his rear end out the ed AMA.

Brain tumor and family pulling him out against medical advice?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Imagine if we stopped using saline which is actually bad for you but that's what we've always used so the inertia to change is enormous and instead use beautiful Tom Brady tier lactated ringers.

Anyway peppep is currently laying on my table, too confused to hold still because of a loving brain tumor and thus I can't get the surgical robot scan. Playing phone tag with hospitalists and neurosurgery to get some sort of sedation so I can get the scan and they can robot his brain. I hate doctors they make my job so incredibly difficult because they do not understand what it means when we say patients have to hold perfectly still. Honest to God it's like I need to start a mandatory hospital education program to teach them the hold still like a statue toddler thing. Anyway go birds I think we gotta go with minshew at this point to see what we got, I'll take the answer off the air.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Brain tumor and family pulling him out against medical advice?

Depending on how old peepaw is, they need to start making the most of every second.

Asproigerosis posted:

Imagine if we stopped using saline which is actually bad for you but that's what we've always used so the inertia to change is enormous and instead use beautiful Tom Brady tier lactated ringers.

We've pretty much dropped saline other than liter bags in our trauma kits. We carry 500cc LR almost exclusively now, but we aren't really slamming fluids prehospital anymore.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also I'm having to go in and put the pep pep pecker in a urinal every 5 minutes so he can violently tremor to squeeze out 10mL of urine. All around a good night.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I'm also going to brag on my son for a moment just because I think he's pretty cool. So my son is 14 and makes his own hip hop beats, has released a couple of albums on streaming platforms and has sold a few beats to rappers online but they haven't been released yet. But he even had a guy rap on one of his songs on the last album he released. Whether anything comes of it or not I think it's super cool that he's that creative and wish I was that creative even at 36 much less when I was 14. I support him in anything he does and he also does great in school.

He's big into vinyls as well so he hits me up for different hip hop albums which I of course buy him and I try to broaden his horizons by saying hey check this band out as I normally listen to rock music and such. Well the one band that he's really been impressed with is Every Time I Die. So while he was getting fluids here in the ER he goes hey dad can you buy their new album that comes out tomorrow on Vinyl and we can listen to it together. I was getting it digitally anyway because it is going to be amazing but of course I was super pumped and bought it as quick as my fingers could make it happen.

Sorry I know that was long but I wanted to share about him because he does some cool stuff and I know there are some people in here that probably will love seeing a kid get into Every Time I Die.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I caught "drag his rear end".

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Honest to God it's like I need to start a mandatory hospital education program to teach them the hold still like a statue toddler thing.

Yesterday in the MRI about 40 minutes into a 50 minute scan, I had to squeeze the bulb and tell the dude my rear end was itching like crazy. He said "pretend the magnet is scratching it" and I'll be goddamned, it got me through it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

GD_American posted:

Yesterday in the MRI about 40 minutes into a 50 minute scan, I had to squeeze the bulb and tell the dude my rear end was itching like crazy. He said "pretend the magnet is scratching it" and I'll be goddamned, it got me through it.

mri works by using a really strong magnet to force the protons in your body to align a certain way, then using a radio frequency or something to gently caress with the protons. they scramble a bit before falling back in line with the magnetic field, and by analyzing that realignment process we can create an image of the various tissues.

technically the mri was scratching your rear end at a molecular level

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 22, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Better get your orders in quick they’re gonna sell fast.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1451368103305224194

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Man, I probably never would have bought myself an immersion circulator but that thing has done work since I got it for Christmas a few years ago. I cooked a pork loin roast with it tonight, seared the roast in my cast iron afterwards, then made a pan sauce with the rendered fat and all of the juice left in the vac bag and it’s just :discourse: . You really get perfectly moist and tender pork every time using that thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol fiz there's a peepaw with a gumball sized lung mets in the right parietal and the family is trying to drag his rear end out the ed AMA.

He’s got the right to die of status epilepticus.

Also dune is….fine

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SundayMoney posted:

I'm also going to brag on my son for a moment just because I think he's pretty cool. So my son is 14 and makes his own hip hop beats, has released a couple of albums on streaming platforms and has sold a few beats to rappers online but they haven't been released yet. But he even had a guy rap on one of his songs on the last album he released. Whether anything comes of it or not I think it's super cool that he's that creative and wish I was that creative even at 36 much less when I was 14. I support him in anything he does and he also does great in school.

He's big into vinyls as well so he hits me up for different hip hop albums which I of course buy him and I try to broaden his horizons by saying hey check this band out as I normally listen to rock music and such. Well the one band that he's really been impressed with is Every Time I Die. So while he was getting fluids here in the ER he goes hey dad can you buy their new album that comes out tomorrow on Vinyl and we can listen to it together. I was getting it digitally anyway because it is going to be amazing but of course I was super pumped and bought it as quick as my fingers could make it happen.

Sorry I know that was long but I wanted to share about him because he does some cool stuff and I know there are some people in here that probably will love seeing a kid get into Every Time I Die.

This is an :unsmith: story.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Man, I probably never would have bought myself an immersion circulator but that thing has done work since I got it for Christmas a few years ago. I cooked a pork loin roast with it tonight, seared the roast in my cast iron afterwards, then made a pan sauce with the rendered fat and all of the juice left in the vac bag and it’s just :discourse: . You really get perfectly moist and tender pork every time using that thing.

I was never able to cook a steak worth a poo poo before it, and now I literally can't gently caress one up. They're magic to me. We're doing a lamb doners with it Sunday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahhhh gently caress that kid i sent to the hospital has hepatitis

hx of meth and ivdu

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Friend has fever, nausea, body aches, joint pain and has been throwing up most of his food for the last like 4 days. I guess the doctor told him it wasn’t the flu or COVID, but didn’t tell him what it was. Just told him to go home and rest and head to the ER if he’s still sick in a week.

I honk I’d be at the ER already if I had that for four days. Dude is not doing well.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Under normal circumstances sure. I totally get wanting to avoid the ER unless absolutely necessary at the moment.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Under normal circumstances sure. I totally get wanting to avoid the ER unless absolutely necessary at the moment.

People don't understand what "emergency" means, including a lot of healthcare providers.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

GD_American posted:

I was never able to cook a steak worth a poo poo before it, and now I literally can't gently caress one up. They're magic to me. We're doing a lamb doners with it Sunday

Ooh that sounds really good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GD_American posted:

I was never able to cook a steak worth a poo poo
hold my beer

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Ooh that sounds really good.

Yeah- if you get one of the de-boned lamb legs from Costco, they leave the fat cap on. Put that part right under the broiler (or if you have a griddle, down on that), and you get the most amazing, delicious smelling rendered fat. Mix that back in with the meat as you dice it up and it's incredible.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Oh god. I just realized Fiz is probably telling these people to go the hospital and they're probably just calling 911.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I asked for one for Christmas from my folks. Tbh I'm mostly looking forward to using the word moist a lot more.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1451374093542957059

Huh. Define prop gun for me.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Baldwin now officially has more bodies on his name than most of the MAGA vets that hate him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s The Crow all over again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Oh god. I just realized Fiz is probably telling these people to go the hospital and they're probably just calling 911

Nah this guy went in on his own.

I did have a patient need an ems transport across the street though

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Here’s the thing. He shot it twice?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s The Crow all over again.

I have no clue how these fuckups still happen. Brandon Lee died because the dipshits on that crew decided to modify live ammo right there into blanks and hosed it up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gun might have exploded if it's a black powder revolver they overcharged

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah this guy went in on his own.

:hf:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

He’s been trying desperately to get canceled for years, let’s see if this one sticks!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

ahhhh gently caress that kid i sent to the hospital has hepatitis

hx of meth and ivdu

Better order an mrcp, who could possibly know what the cause of his hepatitis is!

Hospital just dropped that elective procedures are cancelled again because there is no staff, everyone left cause the hospital is run by loving morons, and the covid.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Automatic weapon maybe.

People also snatch the trigger on semi autos all the time after firing a round in a panic. He seems like the type.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Dune was good, but it felt like half a movie. Is there a plan tondona sequel or trilogy already? Zendaya is like top billed but is only in the movie for like 10 minutes tops. She does the opening voice over, you see her for a few seconds in dreams/premonitions and then she only has like 6 lines of dialogue in the last ten minutes of the movie.

Also, clean shaven Jason Mamoa has such a baby face lol

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

SundayMoney posted:

I hope when my kids are teenagers they will still want to do things with me, sounds like you're killing it as Good Parent :h:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Asproigerosis posted:

Better order an mrcp, who could possibly know what the cause of his hepatitis is!

Hospital just dropped that elective procedures are cancelled again because there is no staff, everyone left cause the hospital is run by loving morons, and the covid.

I mean, you're bailing for PNW soon so

:haw:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

Dune was good, but it felt like half a movie. Is there a plan tondona sequel or trilogy already? Zendaya is like top billed but is only in the movie for like 10 minutes tops. She does the opening voice over, you see her for a few seconds in dreams/premonitions and then she only has like 6 lines of dialogue in the last ten minutes of the movie.

Also, clean shaven Jason Mamoa has such a baby face lol

From what I've heard of DUNC it's basically the first half of the original Dune novel. I was a little surprised when I heard that they weren't shooting the whole thing at once but it sounds like it's done well enough overseas already that the sequel is probably a go at this point.

In a perfect world, we'd get this movie, DUNC 2, and wrap up the trilogy with an adaptation of Dune Messiah :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Automatic weapon maybe.

People also snatch the trigger on semi autos all the time after firing a round in a panic. He seems like the type.

Its a period western set in 1880 it wasnt an auto