Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The guy who spoiled the post credit scene works for Variety, so that's pretty legit.

MCU movies now usually do 1 internal franchise post credit, and one wider MCU one. The spoiler is for the former so maybe it's the MCU one they didn't show at the screenings.

Is externals gonna be on Disney plus! Bc I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a tkt for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I recognize that Hulk/Banner's characterization and development has been super inconsistent and whatever the current movie need and thats a fair criticism and all. But I also feel like I'm ok with if any character being a complete and total basket case who has dramatic personality shifts its Hulk/Banner. Like that's a big part of Hulk/Banner, isn't it? That one day he's just grey and a new personality for reasons?

So like they probably could get him to a World War Hulk place through She Hulk and a couple of movies. Like a cousin being threatened or mistreated or his blood/experiments affecting others and that breaking him or making him bitter? I dunno. It seems like at this stage a film in future development could be like 20 or 30 films/tv shows away so anything's possible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shageletic posted:

Is externals gonna be on Disney plus! Bc I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a tkt for it
You would have to wait until I think 60 days post-theatrical release or something

They stopped doing the simultaneous home/theater release

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm really intrigued at the places they could go with a Hulk-focused movie. Even though movie Bruce isn't a fraction of the headcase that comics Bruce is, they've already tapped into the "distinct to the point of being separate individuals" persona thing and it'd be fun to see maybe Maestro and Joe on the big screen.

Hell, with Kang coming around, maybe Maestro could show up for a "Let's team up to beat this guy and then I betray you" ending

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I could see it working with the same model as Age of Ultron where they just grabbed a cool sounding name and used it for something else. Maybe they finally blow the dust off Tim Blake Nelson, give him a foot high forehead, then do the "mind control so the hero thinks everyone is a monster" cliche. Introduce Amadeus Cho as the kid that figures out what's happening and so on.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess with Abomination back they can do some things with that.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

There's no Illuminati in the MCU (yet) and quite a few key players are missing. However maybe they could get away with a smaller bunch: Dr Strange, Reed, and maybe like Queen Ramonda and/or Maria Hill. Then you could lean into a more Hulk vs the Fantastic Four movie. The F4 would should be established by that time and Reed could be the one pushing his "brilliant" no fuss Hulk solution only for it to hilariously backfire. Hulk fighting Dr Strange, F4, and Black Panther sounds fun and plenty enough for a movie.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 21, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Shageletic posted:

it probably will be in January, maybe by the end of December

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, the X-Men haven't even been in the MCU yet, I think we're a ways off from the Externals! :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw the Batman trailer before Dune tonight, and like, the fact it seems to be suggesting the Joker is in it put me off right away. I don't care how good the rest of it looks, if its just another Joker delivery vehicle, like what the gently caress WB? Are you that creatively bankrupt, or are you just afraid of all the chuds who worship the Joker?

I hope i'm just over reacting that the hiding of a prisoners face is just they want to hide what the Riddler looks like, but he's just a nerdy dude with a ? on his coat.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

I saw the Batman trailer before Dune tonight, and like, the fact it seems to be suggesting the Joker is in it put me off right away. I don't care how good the rest of it looks, if its just another Joker delivery vehicle, like what the gently caress WB? Are you that creatively bankrupt, or are you just afraid of all the chuds who worship the Joker?

I hope i'm just over reacting that the hiding of a prisoners face is just they want to hide what the Riddler looks like, but he's just a nerdy dude with a ? on his coat.

this is absolutely an overreaction.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pretty sure if the Joker was in it it would have leaked by now

It’s Penguin and Riddler. I believe Carmine Falcone is also in it if you count him as a villain.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Blockhouse posted:

this is absolutely an overreaction.

Yeah no kidding. What trailer did OP watch?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Where are you getting the Joker suggestion?

I haven't heard anything about the Joker in connection with the film. I think most people are guessing that it involves the Court of Owls in some fashion.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s the gang with the clown make up. I don’t blame anyone for thinking DC can’t invoke the Joker imagery without making a mess of it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i thought the joker gang thing seemed pretty obvious but i didn't see anything that implied the joker himself was there. but it's dc so who knows

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This definitely seems like a Batman who’s been around for a while so I assume the joker gang are in fact Joker’s gang, but that doesn’t mean he’s there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty sure if the Joker was in it it would have leaked by now

It’s Penguin and Riddler. I believe Carmine Falcone is also in it if you count him as a villain.

Carmine Falcone is an upstanding entrepreneur and pillar of the community

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The trailer I saw had a scene where Batman is talking to someone behind glass, they're wearing a striped prison jumpsuit, chained at the cuffs and collar, and a blind is lifted and stops just before you see the face.

And yea, there's some clown faced goons in it too so

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s the gang with the clown make up. I don’t blame anyone for thinking DC can’t invoke the Joker imagery without making a mess of it.

This is it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Are they clown faced or is it supposed to be bad skull makeup? This is year two Batman so I guess they could be Joker inspired but that would be a stretch.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah I don't get a specific Joker vibe from them. They could be? But I don't think it's a sure thing.

Personally, I don't think the Joker will be involved at all. It would be an odd choice to have the Joker already exist and be already dealt with previous to the film's events. Might as well wait till the Joker is in a film before deciding how he fits in.

If they make a few films with this Batman without Joker and they're really well received, then by film 4 people will be psyched and ready to see Battinson fight the Joker, it would leave enough time for Joker fatigue to dissipate a bit.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 22, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

IUG posted:

My dude/dudette/duder have you seen the best Batman movie, Lego Batman?

Lego Batman loving rocks and is easily the best Batman movie to date.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Are they clown faced or is it supposed to be bad skull makeup?

Yeah, especially since there's only one Joker (Ledger's) they look like. Normally I wouldn't look at big black eyes and think it was the Clown Prince of Crime.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're just juggalos. Batman is beating them up cause he doesn't know deep down they are actually pretty good people

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's not a great screenshot because the trailer is dark and I'm on mobile but it just looks vaguely like skull faces.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Though Twisted does bring up a good point, they aren't showing the Riddler's face. God I hope that isn't because he's got some freakish question mark scar or some other stupid edgelord poo poo.

Just give us creepy Paul Dano, don't over do it. (I mean making the Riddler a duct tape serial killer is already stretching my patience)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I kind of like the idea of him being kind of like the Zodiac killer and just taunting Batman

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm fairly certain he will have a question mark scar. I can't think of any other reason to hide Riddler's face.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

They're hiding it because Jim Carrey is secretly reprising the role.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Glad to hear it. Jim Carrey's Riddler was good I will always maintain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Though Twisted does bring up a good point, they aren't showing the Riddler's face. God I hope that isn't because he's got some freakish question mark scar or some other stupid edgelord poo poo.

Just give us creepy Paul Dano, don't over do it. (I mean making the Riddler a duct tape serial killer is already stretching my patience)

Yea, I hope that's why they've hidden whomever that is in the trailer because the Riddler has some weird facial feature, like he's got a big ? Tattoo on his face or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's probably because they hope you don't know what Dano looks like and he's secretly gonna be a forensics guy with Gordon in scenes or something

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They're just juggalos. Batman is beating them up cause he doesn't know deep down they are actually pretty good people

Whoop Whoop (some rear end)

The runoff from the ACE chemical plant now just funnels into the Faygo bottling plant

Instead of being referred to as a crime syndicate it's a "fam-uh-ly"

In the end the Riddler is defeated by magnets because, despite his brilliance, he doesn't understand how they work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well good news I have no idea what Paul Dano looks like. I imagine he looks like Paul, from The Wonder Years

And another thing... Paul Dano/Paul Dini... COINCIDENCE!?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Well good news I have no idea what Paul Dano looks like. I imagine he looks like Paul, from The Wonder Years

And another thing... Paul Dano/Paul Dini... COINCIDENCE!?
Then you need to go watch There Will Be Blood

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is good advice in general.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I really hope they reveal he's either the barista and this poor guy buying a cup of coffee just got absolutely jammed up or they show the Riddler practicing and loving up his stupid little question mark in the cappuccino move a couple nights in a row before finally getting it right and then calling in the cops on himself.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also Little Miss Sunshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oh poo poo this cover is really neat lmao! Sandman!!! :

And this one not so much. *plays sad trombone*