Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BhzBcdhqg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why are people trying to troll him?

most aren't. just that dumb checkmark

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dune was extremely good (imagine three straight hours of blade runner cinematography) but lol denis villeneuve has no loving idea how to film a fight scene

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i liked watching aquaman toss guys around. iuts cool that future swordfighting is doing mma moves on a guy and then very slowly stabbing them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the tech and worldbuilding and CGI was really great but hoo boy the acting and practical effects left things to be desired. someone itt mentioned they didn't like the worms but i thought they were cool

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
https://twitter.com/TheFilmStage/status/1451370741321060352

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
brandon lee all over again

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

excellent work, 47

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
He killed the cinematographer and hurt the director, definitely the cast and crew members you’d be firing at on a set, so he’s either incredibly stupid or he deliberately fired at them in one of his famous drunken rages

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

how the hell does this even happen

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

He killed the cinematographer and hurt the director, definitely the cast and crew members you’d be firing at on a set, so he’s either incredibly stupid or he deliberately fired at them in one of his famous drunken rages

it sounds like they were doing one of those at camera shots with a gun

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

unless he intentionally loaded the gun this seems like a catastrophic fuckup on the prop manager/firearms expert's part

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Bro Dad posted:

unless he intentionally loaded the gun this seems like a catastrophic fuckup on the prop manager/firearms expert's part

Even if the production was deliberately misusing a blank gun by discharging it straight at the camera / personnel while way too close, the Firearms Knower on-set should've been screaming at them while waving their hands over their head the entire time

Like we should also be hearing about Alec Baldwin treated for wounds resulting from a thrown clipboard

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

sos I started to google this to see what the story was on the soundbite and

uh google are you loving okay

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lmfao Alex Baldwin straight up Brandon Lee'd someone

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Trumps revenge

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Hahahaha

That's a clip of noted football dipshit Joe Buck overreacting like a fuckin dork rear end weenie to Randy Moss mooning the crowd after a touchdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Spb_STNU8

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It wasn't me, it was the prop I swear

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I fell asleep 20 minutes into watching Dune, lol

to be fair to the movie I was incredibly tired last night I just thought it was funny that out of all the movies I watched this is the one it happened in

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

DoombatINC posted:

haha ohh man what a classic moment of the No Fun League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Spb_STNU8

edit: beaten, but i remember laughing so hard at buck being a moron back when it happened

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm gonna watch dune high as fuckin balls tomorrow night as a way to celebrate my final day of work

Followed immediately the next morning with a 300 mile drive to my new house in Providence :rip:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good soup! posted:

I'm gonna watch dune high as fuckin balls tomorrow night as a way to celebrate my final day of work

Followed immediately the next morning with a 300 mile drive to my new house in Providence :rip:

other than the hot dogs and pizza there is no reason to live in providence

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

other than the hot dogs and pizza there is no reason to live in providence

those are pretty good reasons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i lived a block away from this place

https://casertapizzeria.com/

and until via313 opened in austin it was literally the best pizza i've ever had

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1248409669602689033?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

It seems really dumb to load a prop gun with real bullets. I don't know guns but that sounds like a way to cover up a murder by making it seem like a freak accident.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really doubt the gun was loaded with a “real” bullet, probably another Crow situation where something stuck in the barrel + blank = oh poo poo

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god drat i actually feel sorry for alec baldwin what a hosed up situation so sad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel bad for the lady who died personally

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well, she’s not feeling anything at all now. I feel worse for her surviving family and loved ones

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i feel bad for the director who's just terribly behind schedule now

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i feel bad

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

alec baldwin is married to a fake hispanic woman, with whom he has fathered 6 children named Carmen, Rafael, Leonardo, Romeo, Eduardo and Maria

that was the first thought through my head when i read that tragic headline for some reason

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I hate that even I know that Sheldon is a sheltered suburban kid growing up in Texas in the 90s/early 00s

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

This

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I hate that even I know that Sheldon is a sheltered suburban kid growing up in Texas in the 90s/early 00s

Thanks to a friend having married someone who had a few kids already, I have clear evidence that being Texan and even living in a suburb there doesn't automatically make you a moron.

God is the local news awful though, had to once point out that even with teleportation units ISIS could not effectively hope to invade or hold Texas due to having less total armed manpower than a mid sized Texan city even going by the highest manpower estimate by American sources trying to make them look as scary as possible.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Hodgepodge posted:

Thanks to a friend having married someone who had a few kids already, I have clear evidence that being Texan and even living in a suburb there doesn't automatically make you a moron.

God is the local news awful though, had to once point out that even with teleportation units ISIS could not effectively hope to invade or hold Texas due to having less total armed manpower than a mid sized Texan city even going by the highest manpower estimate by American sources trying to make them look as scary as possible.

It really has been a propaganda master stroke that so many Americans are utterly convinced that a force exists that could invade the U.S. Even more so that said force could be like, Iraq, or a group of guys in Toyota’s. Not even a country with an actual military could do it. So many people think COBRA really exists and if we let the libs defund G.I. Joe that America will fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the new red dawn is loving hilarious btw