Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Aren't orb gems limited to one active at a time? So hydrosphere and tornado couldn't work together. Or orb of storms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Anyone done Velyna's occultist storm brand before? I haven't played brands and it looks fine but I dunno.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

lamentable dustman posted:

Lmao

Also Bex taking over socials again is good

ggg straight up should double whatever she's making, she's clearly utterly indispensable

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Does anyone have a good fireburst autobomber build? Is it still the elementalist?

That, or Scourge Arrow since haven't played it in a while. This Death oath/Caustic arrow build looks good.

Femur fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 22, 2021

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

What pantheons are y'all thinking now? Do any stand out more than the others, or is it mostly gonna be using them to tailor ailment immunities your build/tree doesn't already have?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Clockwerk posted:

I won’t league start it, but I played a bit of the meme mirror arrow + void shot last league, and wouldn’t mind throwing tornado in the mix this league to see how it goes

Yeah I'm thinking I'll start out as a TR Raider and use that to build wealth until I can switch over without having to level a new character.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am fully prepared to low-life this thing pronto

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The real Path of Exile is this pre patch week where everyone feels like an excited little kid waiting to see if the presents under the tree are going to explode in amazing ways when they get opened up.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

External Organs posted:

The real Path of Exile is this pre patch week where everyone feels like an excited little kid waiting to see if the presents under the tree are going to explode in amazing ways when they get opened up.

I've already secured my name in lights tomorrow in the real endgame.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The mathil vid is up. He recommends Glad/Raider Exsanguinate Ascendant, Poisonous Concoction PF, Spectral Helix Raider, and Staff Shockwave Chieftain again. He says the cyclone one is probably not as good as it used to be, though, so if I go for that maybe I will do duelist instead. The Ascendant one looks really interesting though, cuz of that PDoT wheel right near Scion start you get a lot of damage out of the gate, then snap up the rest on the left half of tree before using path of the ranger to pick up more life and a bunch of spell suppression and evasion. I didn't look at the PoB but it sound ls promising. Exsanguinate is neat.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

The mathil vid is up. He recommends Glad/Raider Exsanguinate Ascendant, Poisonous Concoction PF, Spectral Helix Raider, and Staff Shockwave Chieftain again. He says the cyclone one is probably not as good as it used to be, though, so if I go for that maybe I will do duelist instead. The Ascendant one looks really interesting though, cuz of that PDoT wheel right near Scion start you get a lot of damage out of the gate, then snap up the rest on the left half of tree before using path of the ranger to pick up more life and a bunch of spell suppression and evasion. I didn't look at the PoB but it sound ls promising. Exsanguinate is neat.

I’ll second Spectral Helix Raider as that’s what I started last league and it was A+. Especially if you haven’t played a Raider since the buffs a few leagues back. You’ll never wanna play anything else.

Jungroan released a vid a week or two ago talking about running The Fledgeling on it as well for a nice damage boost which seems like a neat wrinkle to add

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Meh. 5 Gig. That'll take something like 2 days. 25 would be even worse.

For another league that will mean nothing to me. Bleh.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Trash to trash is hilarious and if every nerf was delivered in a great joke they would all be better received.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

von Braun posted:

Its basically the strongest starter especially for SSF and won gauntlet last time. You can go poison (with the coated shrapnel jewel, ideally but not needed) which some people prefer, or crit based. Very fast and fun.
Getting the 5Link for exsang with the shaper gloves Trap support is not hard either.
In last league it was great and it got buffed.

Ziz made a video for it too
PoB in description for Xais build

https://youtu.be/uVZWzXEzUGI

Thanks for this, I really like pob guides that have tons of info and early game/levelling options, and a clear upgrade path. Especially for SSF, it tells me what I should be focusing on.

My brother really wants to do SST this league but the build I followed last league is not gonna update for 3.16, does anyone have any updated builds for SST glad, preferably SSF viable? I can try adapt what I did last league, but despite playing since closed beta, I'm not great at making builds. There are just too many things to optimize, especially with the new tree.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

Trash to trash is hilarious and if every nerf was delivered in a great joke they would all be better received.

They should make an actual trash to trash prophecy which just lets you use a chance orb as an ancient orb

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Is there a preferred consecrated path totem chieftain guide? I watched balormages and waggles guides but haven't seen anything updated for the new tree.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
folks. please advise.

poison traps sabo:
+ immune to ailments
+ stupid high DPS
+ high hp
+ multiple layers of defense: max spell suppression, moderate evade, ghost dance, high regen
- annoying on bosses

scion exsang (glad/raider):

++ zoom
+ acceptable DPS
+ high HP
- few layers of defense: max block, max spell suppression
- squishy
- needs some figuring out
- probably more expensive in the long run

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 22, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jinnigan posted:

scion exsang (glad/raider):

++ zoom
+ acceptable DPS
+ high HP
+ multiple layers of defense: max block, max spell suppression, 
- squishy
- needs some figuring out
- probably more expensive in the long run

don't you really only need dual cold iron points for deeps, and a 5/6l chest. those are usually pretty cheap after a while, and you could just craft +1 phys wands to tie you over until you get the currency for league start prices. but since most of your damage is dot, and comes from the tree, juicing it higher IS expensive, but also not super necessary either. also idk if my standards are low or what, but max spell suppression and high block and decent hp IS tanky if you ask me. but you could always max out chaos res and slap in divine flesh w/ the flask trigger poo poo. or I dunno, get a lot of armor and squeeze in defiance banner too. I dunno.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Jinnigan posted:

folks. please advise.

poison traps sabo:
+ immune to ailments
+ stupid high DPS
+ high hp
+ multiple layers of defense: max spell suppression, moderate evade, ghost dance, high regen
- annoying on bosses

Have trapping builds changed drastically? They are usually great at bosses.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Papercut posted:

Yeah and they should have done that in the first place so I don't think anyone is genuinely upset that GGG made a new "semi-chase" unique not totally effortless to get, especially because it's a unique so you don't even need to worry about crafting it (unlike 6L white astrals which are great bases but it didn't skip the whole "actually make a good rare out of this base" step).

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can I get a pre-league guild invite on Ruggan_Bones?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Huh, new Purity of Elements, and Divergent Tempest Shield, seem completely bonkers?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
There's no guild interaction if you're SSF right? Like the new guild hideouts won't be a thing, so there's no point in joining.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zenithe posted:

Have trapping builds changed drastically? They are usually great at bosses.

They are pretty annoying if you don't one shot it with built up traps and it's a fast one. I remember Hunter being really annoying on my trapper. I still killed him fast but the chase stage was really irritating. That one unique boss, the prox shield one that just runs in circles forever, I didn't even bother attempting because I knew it would suck so bad.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Time for the traditional last minute doubts about what build to play.

Currently thinking either TR Raider or the Poison TS Occultist build that Fyregrass put out. The Poison TS build looks way more survivable than I would have thought but I also really, really don't want to get baited into a lovely starter again.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

hello its me still deciding on a build I want to start with despite having picked one couple of hours ago

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I cant decide whether to league start phys traps or generals cry shield rush/crash zerker,, help!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Oh my god I just realised King of The Hill no longer has the knockback on crit mod, thank loving godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Worst loving downside to a notable, I swear

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

I cant decide whether to league start phys traps or generals cry shield rush/crash zerker,, help!

Flip a coin and choose based on the outcome. Then, decide on a completely different build at the last minute. I suggest Animate Weapon Guardian.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

unarmed attack unascended scion

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are there any useful rules of thumb for passive pathing?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What sort of ignite builds would be good I wonder

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

If you're not following a build guide? Follow one.

If you don't want to do that? Screw around with it in Path of Building to see what looks good.

If you don't want to do that? Good luck.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAWjsVoDpm0

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ok i might play this league but not serious... straight chilling... gimme a build that lets me close my eyes and clear the map

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Lpzie posted:

ok i might play this league but not serious... straight chilling... gimme a build that lets me close my eyes and clear the map

Caustic arrow occultist, pick up death's oath once you get to maps. Either that or Champion Toxic Rain, which is ungodly levels of tanky.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

You need 140% life by endgame and preferably more - path to your life nodes firsts, then let that guide where else you go (when planning, not when levelling. DPS while leveling is good).

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
this is the build most people are using to sleepwalk into the endgame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nNguBo4JjQ

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

lightee put the finishing touches on his TR champ POB earlier. this covers the tree, skills and gear for every stage of the build.

https://pastebin.com/YgAscx7X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lock it in, vortex occultist for tomorrow.

Boring and Small.