Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Two Headed Calf posted:

Also what is up with the mortarch kit? I cant seem to find it anywhere besides GWs website.

The little arrow icon in the bottom left means it is only available directly from GW. They do this for a lot of older kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...n-middle-earth/

Next week's preorders are a chunky one with a whole bunch of Stormcast and Grots. Sadly it seems like the dragons have been delayed into December.

What are the rules on running them in other Order armies?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

For Cities of Sigmar except Har Kuron, they’re Coalition units so you can use them as part of your one in four SCE units but can’t be General. Anyone else has to ally them in, which works for…most Order armies, but they can’t take Enhancements or be your General so Krondys doesn’t get a spell, and in Matched Play there’s ally points limits.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpRi1B-ugk

Looks like the video for the new Warcry teaser came up before the article itself. We're getting spiders. Or at least a spider-themed team.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/18/this-new-warcry-fighter-loves-spiders-so-much-he-made-one-into-a-horrifying-mask/
And there's the article.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 18, 2021

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
6 limbs, not a spider.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Desfore posted:

6 limbs, not a spider.

his fleshcowl is modified forelimbs :colbert:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dude is the Broodmaster and gets a Brood to go with him, so we’ll see more. I suspect the Eightfold Watcher might be Bel.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Desfore posted:

6 limbs, not a spider.

7 limbs, if you know what I mean :pervert:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Randalor posted:

7 limbs, if you know what I mean :pervert:

Had to sacrifice his eight one so he could escape.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Randalor posted:

What are the rules on running them in other Order armies?

Actually went and checked, and the only Order armies that cannot ally SCE are Lumineth and Daughters. Your big problem is a 2000 point game has a 400 point limit in Matched Play on allies under the current battlepack, and both dragons cost 600 each. So no go in tournaments. In Path to Glory it’ll be fine to take them as allied units, though they’re hella expensive and can’t be your warlord.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

New Stormcast and Orruk FAQs are finally here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I haven't read the FAQ but social media is telling me that all dragon armies are now completely useless and relictors should be thrown in the bin.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
At least they fixed the Sloggoth!

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

They fixed relictors translocation, so you can't move after teleport (with was obviously intended from the beginning)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

JBP posted:

I haven't read the FAQ but social media is telling me that all dragon armies are now completely useless and relictors should be thrown in the bin.

The command trait that makes monsters better now only works on Behemoths, so if you have dragon Battleline they don’t get it.

E: the old trait was -1 to wound rolls from melee attacks against all SCE Monsters while the general is a Monster and alive, it now references Behemoth battlefield role instead of Monster keyword.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 20, 2021

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

And people will still complain about the dragons until they are nerfed to the ground before even being released.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I honestly need to piss off from facebook aos groups because reading takes from people who can't figure out how to use teleport after bug fix hurts

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I honestly need to piss off from facebook aos groups because reading takes from people who can't figure out how to use teleport after bug fix hurts

It’s weird because it’s very clearly just a fix to let it work like, say, how the innate graph charger teleport does, where the teleport counts as the move. You can still charge after doing it, you just can’t teleport then move again. It’s still useful.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Not reading online communities for any kind of game is a pretty good rule of thumb. Literally every game I've ever enjoyed has a hugely toxic and negative community that won't shut up about how the game is the worst thing ever and will inevitably die a slow death very soon.

So now I just don't read them and play games and have fun. SA is just about the only exception to this.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

IMO the Battleline dragons in Hammers are good enough that they don’t actually need to also have constant -1 to wound rolls against them, so it’s nbd.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Marmaduke! posted:

I wonder if all the Cathay lore in Total War will lead into the Dragon Emperor becoming Dracothian (dragon dude that brought Sigmar to the realms) to link the old and the new...

I was pondering that myself.

Given that Cathay is likely getting minis for The Old World making Dracothian and the Dragon Emperor one and the same would provide a good background lore for them being used in AOS.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I was gonna use them as just Cities of Sigmar stuff and have the balloons be proxies for kharadron boats in tempest's eye tbh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The big Orruk leaders. Also go their ability upgraded and it now works much better.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I can't begin to imagine the gorgnardism if it turns out that the TW series explicitly refers to AOS.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Pyrolocutus posted:

I can't begin to imagine the gorgnardism if it turns out that the TW series explicitly refers to AOS.

The sound of exploding anuses would reach High Azyr itself and bring a smile to God-Kings face. There was a lot of anger already when they presented Cathay, and it was high fantasy all around (also a lot of WoW and kung fu panda references)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

As an Old, I found the reaction sad and confusing. Like what, you wanted Cathay's roads paved with the bones of peasants?

The place has always been high as gently caress magic. Now the floating islands in the old illustrations finally have a home.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
IDK I follow TW news pretty closely and I don't remember ever encountering a reaction that negative to Cathay.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Geisladisk posted:

Not reading online communities for any kind of game is a pretty good rule of thumb. Literally every game I've ever enjoyed has a hugely toxic and negative community that won't shut up about how the game is the worst thing ever and will inevitably die a slow death very soon.

So now I just don't read them and play games and have fun. SA is just about the only exception to this.

One of the only things keeping me on FB is the AoS groups, but as you say, for every positive post about your faction, there's about 3-5 incredibly negative sky is falling ones. Maybe it's time for a cull.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpRi1B-ugk

Looks like the video for the new Warcry teaser came up before the article itself. We're getting spiders. Or at least a spider-themed team.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/18/this-new-warcry-fighter-loves-spiders-so-much-he-made-one-into-a-horrifying-mask/
And there's the article.

But why Chaos spiders when the grots are right there? No love for Spiderfang?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AnEdgelord posted:

IDK I follow TW news pretty closely and I don't remember ever encountering a reaction that negative to Cathay.

I saw quite a few negative shitposts calling it AOS or Warcraft on Instagram.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

it’s quite impressive how a large part of the TW fandom have cargoculted a massive hateboner for AOS despite never having touched the Fantasy wargame or even knew it existed before the videogame

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Winklebottom posted:

it’s quite impressive how a large part of the TW fandom have cargoculted a massive hateboner for AOS despite never having touched the Fantasy wargame or even knew it existed before the videogame

Idk if it's that exactly, but I remember the WHFB thread on SA being dead while the forums were still popular.

E: people still going berserk over SCE nerfs lmao I regret my decision to collect this faction for 3rd

JBP fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 22, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

JBP posted:

... I mean, okay, I can see people calling it AOS, but only in the sense of "yes, most of the armies in the TW games DO show up in AOS in one form or another", but WOW? Why WOW? I am genuinely confused about that.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Randalor posted:

... I mean, okay, I can see people calling it AOS, but only in the sense of "yes, most of the armies in the TW games DO show up in AOS in one form or another", but WOW? Why WOW? I am genuinely confused about that.

“Looks like WoW” has become the go-to insult for fantasy-aesthetic-I-don’t-like in a lot of places. I’m guessing it’s because of the fantasy China thing, which was also the theme for a WoW expansion.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

“Looks like WoW” has become the go-to insult for fantasy-aesthetic-I-don’t-like in a lot of places. I’m guessing it’s because of the fantasy China thing, which was also the theme for a WoW expansion.

The faction set in China, that draws heavily from feudal Chinese army imagry, in a game from a company who just recently(-ish) released a game based off of one of the oldest Chinese novels set in China... and they say it looks like WoW because Blizzard had a joke character in one game and an expansion set in fantasy China once. I would ask if these people are so broke-brained that they have to say it looks like WoW to say they don't like something, but I already know they are. I'll even give them the benefit of doubt (lord knows why) and assume they don't like it for a reason that isn't "we're actually racist but don't want to say that's why we dislike it".

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I will admit that I’m somewhat worried about Cathay…but mostly because of Forge World, which is the branch of GW I trust the least on any kind of racial issue.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Unrelated: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/22/take-your-warbands-out-of-harrowdeep-and-onto-the-battlefields-with-these-free-warscrolls/

Is it just me or are these the first ones since Mollog to be worth the points?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I will admit that I’m somewhat worried about Cathay…but mostly because of Forge World, which is the branch of GW I trust the least on any kind of racial issue.

I mean, they'll probably just use the TW designs and I'm not chinese but they seem... ok?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I mean, until they make reading and using them not a fiddly chore to play with I kinda don't care if they're good or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They’re in the app already, so.

On the other hand you do still have to track each individual member, though for Xandire’s that’s only three of them.