Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
My buddy who works in film says that despite his public persona as an rear end in a top hat, Alec Baldwin is pretty cool on set with the crew and treats them like human beings. That sounds trivial but there are a lot of very famous people who never speak to the crew, have them punished for petty things, and generally make them miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

LanceHunter posted:

For the most part IATSE has reached a deal, and all that's left is the paperwork. However, there are some areas that haven't completed negotiations. Relevant quote...

Deal has not been ratified yet so there still needs to be a vote, and it very likely will be a "no" from the majority since the deal doesn't address a lot of the concerns, so it's a bit more complex than paperwork. Having said that, I doubt this will affect it one way or the other, it all rolls in to a much larger issue about safety on set. This is obviously not the thread for that but yeah, nothing's final yet.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1451539334142779396?t=GlX01Q3xZgqLqpzTX2PlzQ&s=19

Holy poo poo, the gun had a live round in it. And the crew was all New Mexico based, so I guess Hollywood regulations weren't enforceable?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

nvidiagouge posted:

My buddy who works in film says that despite his public persona as an rear end in a top hat, Alec Baldwin is pretty cool on set with the crew and treats them like human beings. That sounds trivial but there are a lot of very famous people who never speak to the crew, have them punished for petty things, and generally make them miserable.

God I want a Hollywood gossip thread so bad

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Might want to wait on believing that live round thing. It's the union posting it mid-contract fight. The Brandon Lee death had a similar claim that floated around it for a long time and it turned out to be wrong. All you need is something stuck in the barrel to become the bullet when you fire a blank to make it a deadly weapon and the result of that can look like a live round initially.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Holy poo poo, Eric might be the dumbest motherfucker in the Trump family and that's like dumb˛.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

OUT OF RESPECT I WILL NOT COMMENT ON ALEC BALDWIN BEING A MURDERER, thank you.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

hosed up poo poo all around, the only lesson here is not to point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy... and if there are firearms present but no one's screaming at the top of their lungs about barrel scanning and kicking you in the head for not complying, your workplace safety sucks.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

nvidiagouge posted:

He is, he just posted a video the other night telling crew to do what they have to do to break the poo poo deal they're getting (including going on strike), even though he is a member of the very producers group fighting against the deal. Also I worked with him as DP on a documentary years ago and got nothing but respect from him (he didn't try to shoot me at all). He also blew up against Harvey Weinstein, during a party, on that shoot and that nearly resulted in us getting blacklisted from every event if he didn't publically apologize. His apology was that he was sorry he didn't call him worse names. He may not be the best human on earth, and I'm sure he can be/has been an rear end in a top hat, but he's a decent enough guy in the hellscape of horrible people right now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nvidiagouge posted:

my buddy says alec baldwin shot a cinematographer in new mexico just to watch 'em die

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I thought big productions didn't let any non-union crew on set.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blooster posted:

What's weird is that he had it up for like eight hours and just now decided to delete it. He wasn't even getting ratioed or anything.

Anyway here's a screen shot since I still have Twitter open

What a pale imitation of what his dad would have tweeted. Donald's tweet about this would be one for the history books

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
from now on i can remember alec baldwin as "that one who shot that person" instead of "the one from 30 rock"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Splorange posted:

hosed up poo poo all around, the only lesson here is not to point a firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy... and if there are firearms present but no one's screaming at the top of their lungs about barrel scanning and kicking you in the head for not complying, your workplace safety sucks.

how are you supposed to film sick gunfights if nobody can point guns at eachother? idiot.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
is it possible one of the lesser Baldwins shot them and he's just being a good Baldwin?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Caesar Saladin posted:

how are you supposed to film sick gunfights if nobody can point guns at eachother? idiot.

I guess from now on it’ll all be fully unusable fake guns and CGI muzzle flashes.

Which sadly ITYOOL 2022 still look like poo poo. But apparently Hollywood still can’t figure out proper gun safety even with a firearms expert on the set, so whatever.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Like he has to kill people like this and it be a thing.

You know this guy has killed before and probably eaten human meat.

And I don't think hes "loving up" to get caught or for a rush.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
His beautiful old balls
They may be shweaty rn
:(

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Also I’m having a real issue with the term “prop gun”.

To the best if my knowledge a real gun loaded with blanks doesn’t turn it into a “fake” or “prop gun.”

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

To the best if my knowledge a real gun loaded with blanks doesn’t turn it into a “fake” or “prop gun.”

Anything brought in to be on film is a prop. :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I assume this is just lazy and/or clickbait journalism right now rather than proper industry jargon, whatever that would be

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

true.. true.. my bad..

but still, I'd think it safer to give a gun to a chimp than to an actor.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
GONNA HIT EM WITH THE PROP GUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgTI3KN4d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjsvqQUcqCs

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What a pale imitation of what his dad would have tweeted. Donald's tweet about this would be one for the history books

Seriously. Why half-rear end being an irredeemable ghoul? Lean into it you loving pussy.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
He killed a young aware woman because he wanted old school i can gently caress anyone on set mentality because he was challenged and felt oh I dont want to be cancelled by a woman who probably just said no please i dont want this and was then probably more scared of ruining her career speaking up or just for being there at the time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

smoobles posted:

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1451539334142779396?t=GlX01Q3xZgqLqpzTX2PlzQ&s=19

Holy poo poo, the gun had a live round in it. And the crew was all New Mexico based, so I guess Hollywood regulations weren't enforceable?

Yikes.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
This is booshit, yo.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Bad Purchase posted:

Any lesson learned from a tragedy expires after about 10 years.

Thanks to planned obsolescence, newer models of tragedy only have a life-cycle of 30 days. 90 days with extended support, if it's offered at all.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ccs posted:

I thought big productions didn't let any non-union crew on set.

It’s a Netflix production so

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Jesus, I didn't even see that.

Ok, this changes everything

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

finally someone is making cleaver
wrong baldwin tho

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Caesar Saladin posted:

I know you're being silly but there's a pretty interesting breakdown on the insanity that went on in Hong Kong productions in the 80s (starts at 11:30) where the gun safety protocol was to tell chow Yun fat "yeah that gun loaded with blanks that you're going to fire at that dude point blank multiple times? Like, just, try not to aim it at him"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1NyrVj9occ

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

ligma baldwin

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

hmmmm
still would

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Splorange posted:

but still, I'd think it safer to give a gun to a chimp than to an actor.

i take back the idiot thing, because you just had a genius idea for a movie

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

smoobles posted:

Look buddy, this is the wild west and we do things different here.

Coincidentally Wild Wild West was filmed at the same set.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
LOL if you have some 30 Rock box set that cost heaps

Yeah sure, its OK for you to like Hitlers paintings

But that says things

Boner M fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 22, 2021

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

nvidiagouge posted:

Might want to wait on believing that live round thing. It's the union posting it mid-contract fight. The Brandon Lee death had a similar claim that floated around it for a long time and it turned out to be wrong. All you need is something stuck in the barrel to become the bullet when you fire a blank to make it a deadly weapon and the result of that can look like a live round initially.

eh, not really. Blank loads don't have a full load of gunpowder. They can absolutely be lethal and have been many times but the distance is pretty limited and penetrating two people seems unlikely.

We'll know more when there's more public info; curious to see if this changes the long-established paradigm of using real guns with blanks, which seems increasingly needless as CG gets better and better. Even if nothing goes wrong it's a shitload of noise exposure and I don't think earplug use is very common.

ArnieD
Apr 1, 2015
From now on all movies that involve gunfights should be set in the future and/or other planets, so they don't need realistic firearms and they can add CGI laser effects later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Consider that there probably was a perfectly framed high quality video of Alex Baldwin's face as he fires the gun and realizes that it was loaded with a live round and that he shot two coworkers.

I hope that got deleted right away.