Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Every British gammon, apparently: "Our poo poo hovels where we live are so poo poo they have literally no insulation whatsoever, therefore no method of heating can ever work, including heat pumps. What now, hipsters? Owned much? :smuggo:"

Like m8 that's not the powerful own y'all seem to think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s plan for net zero — The UK government’s long-awaited strategy for reaching net zero emissions falls short on ambition and is not backed up with adequate funding, experts and campaigners have warned."

Telegraph:

PM resists calls to activate plan B as daily Covid cases top 50,000

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After Bruegel.

Evening Standard:

AI projects to tackle racial inequality in UK healthcare, says Javid

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Queen's magazine honour

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Blower neatly fitting into the groove left by Bob's rear end I see. Maybe he can also have a meltdown and get fired!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Blower wildly underestimating the average age of the Torygraph reader aww just like Bob.

Telegraph readers = triple locked old people who don’t want to die and are perfectly happy sitting inside all winter

Daily mail readers = Witherspoon day drinkers

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the missing guests at Northern Ireland’s centenary – While the Queen was forced to cancel a visit to the province on health grounds, Michael D Higgins, president of Ireland, also skipped a commemorative service in Armagh"

Telegraph:

British Medical Association says ‘time is now’ for Covid plan B

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Donald Trump to launch social media platform called Truth Social

Evening Standard:

Lorry falls into water at Bristol harbour

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a very Covid Christmas

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is Paul for or against a return to sit-down family meals around the table with an open fire and candles? I can't tell what stage of the brain smoothing his conservatism is at now.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

And what is with those incredibly red faced parents?

I actually liked the Matt one, for the first time ever. Maybe he's on holiday and someone else who's a bit funny has taken over.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
did that oval office blower not get the sack

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

That was Bob, telegraph has 2 cartoonists. Also they replaced him with Davey who is less offensive but also arguably fair bit less talented.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 23, 2021

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Is Paul for or against a return to sit-down family meals around the table with an open fire and candles? I can't tell what stage of the brain smoothing his conservatism is at now.

Not sure, probably both given the quinoa market sign on the other side.

The cat breaking the glass in that cartoon is surely an artistic peak for cartoons in general.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Why does his hat have a For Sale sign? Is *he* for sale? Is Paul predicting a Christmas so grim that the man of the house needs to prostitute himself for presents? I know covid has been tough on all of us, but I think Paul needs an intervention.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have further enquiries about the quinoa market sign.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
This simply adds to my theory that Paul Thomas reads this thread, and has progressed from good-natured hat tips (the hidden animals) to deliberately loving with us

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, well in that case: hi Paul, I liked your tattoo pictures, please gently caress off the career in politoons and do more of that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The cat is leaping backwards into the room while unleashing a claw attack so powerful it's visible before it even enters. That's the only way to interpret which way the glass is flying.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I don't think this obscure, paywalled forum is really that popular with the actual cartoonists (though if one sneaks a :yayclod: into a toon to prove me wrong, I'd call that a success).

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen’s overnight hospital stay – The Queen is undertaking ‘light duties’ after a hospital visit for ‘preliminary investigations’ as Buckingham Palace faced questions over its handling of news of her overnight admission"

Telegraph:

Cop26: Fears grow that Glasgow climate change summit will fall short of its lofty aims

Matt:

Ex-MP Frank Field reveals terminal illness as he backs assisted dying

Independent:

Tories won’t start wearing masks in Commons because they ‘know each other’, Jacob Rees-Mogg says

The i paper:

Times:

MPs should set example in battle against Covid, says Sajid Javid

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The Queen's hospital visit

Stephen Collins:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Is Thomas laying a burn down on Bob?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Is Thomas laying a burn down on Bob?

How so? I can only see the usual collection of canards

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

How so? I can only see the usual collection of canards

"Spare kidney? Phone Bob". I was thinking with his strife with the medical profession, but I'm sure I'm giving Thomas too much credit.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

I don't think this obscure, paywalled forum is really that popular with the actual cartoonists (though if one sneaks a :yayclod: into a toon to prove me wrong, I'd call that a success).

There is no way Squires isn't a goon

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Always look a Tory gift unicorn in the mouth – Chris Riddell on the party desperately brushing up its green credentials before Cop26"

Sunday Telegraph:

https://twitter.com/DaveyCartoons/status/1452186605922439170

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

That's not how you bench press Mac you daft prick

Also everything else

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
BoJo the Clown is not an extremely original joke, but it adds a little something to an otherwise fairly drab cartoon, imo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The two types of barbell - regular and Victorian seaside strongman

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Paladinus posted:

BoJo the Clown is not an extremely original joke, but it adds a little something to an otherwise fairly drab cartoon, imo.

Yeah it's a better joke i think, at least by the standards of editorial cartooning. also more clearly critical of Boris, which I assume is why the editors got him to change it?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Some top quality cope from Mac lol

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was only half looking at that Mac and briefly thought she was dead in a coffin, and now I can't stop laughing at my own idea.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak balancing the budget and the ballot box – The chancellor is being warned by senior Tories not to allow ‘Treasury orthodoxy’ to choke critical funding this winter, with Conservatives demanding action in the budget over energy bills and support for the low-paid"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson says chances of Cop26 success are ‘touch and go’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s prematurely briefed budget – Past chancellors would have resigned for revealing details of the budget before the official statement, the Commons Speaker has told MPs, expressing fury at the briefing of a slew of measures to be announced on Wednesday"

Telegraph:

"London’s Ulez expansion: the thin end of the wedge for UK road pricing?"

Independent:

Times:

Sewage vote outcry prompts Tory MPs to defend decision on social media :itwaspoo:

Evening Standard:

UK ‘national living wage’ to rise to £9.50 an hour from next April

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s partial U-turn on sewage – The government has announced a partial U-turn over the sewage amendment after Tory rebels threatened to scupper an upcoming vote in the Commons" After Seurat.

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak will use budget to declare ‘age of optimism’

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak adorns controversial slider and sock combination as he prepares for Budget

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there will rivers of... poo poo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Like the Roman, I see the Cloaca Maxima foaming with much...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I legitimately thought the sliders said Pain and Anger, without reading the article. A bit disappointed.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s ‘age of optimism’ budget – The chancellor has bowed to intense pressure by partly reversing universal credit cuts as he announced measures in the budget to deal with a squeeze on households this winter, with lower alcohol and fuel duties"

Telegraph:

" Rishi Sunak’s stealth tax raid will cost us £21bn - Tax Hacks: like Gordon Brown before him, Rishi Sunak is exploiting ‘fiscal drag’"
Bonus!?
https://twitter.com/blowercartoons/status/1452890103215493121

Independent:

"Welcome to Rishi Sunak’s ‘age of optimism’ – where you’ve got no choice but to hope for the best"

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Rishi Sunak's budget

Sunak unveils overhaul of alcohol duty and tax cuts on some drinks :tinsley:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the budget’s winners and losers – Duty on sparkling wine will be cut in Rishi Sunak’s autumn spending review but increases to benefits will not help the unemployed"

Telegraph:

Independent:

UK-France fishing reprisals threaten full post-Brexit trade war After Monty Python.

Times:

Evening Standard:

‘It’s incredibly rainy’: Glasgow welcomes Cop26 activists amid waste crisis

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Facebook’s Meta morphosis - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced a major rebrand for the social media giant as it looks towards a virtual future"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson vows to do ‘whatever is necessary’ to protect UK fishers

Independent:

Times:

Macron’s re-election hopes may be driving Brexit fishing row, says Eustice

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Tory Halloween tricks but no treat – Chris Riddell on ghouls, Brexit and the budget"

Sunday Telegraph:

China’s new climate plan falls short of Cop26 global heating goal, experts say

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

France and UK told: end dispute or you’ll wreck Cop26 summit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"Team World" gently caress off Davey

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was going to make an extremely funny and well-observed post about how Boris doesn't have the technical ability to play as a number 10 but definitely has the arrogance to play himself in that role, and then I got the joke. now im even more upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson and the Cop26 climate talks – The PM, as leader of the host country, has a key role in making sure the summit is a success"

Telegraph:

Joe Biden hits Russia and China for lack of climate commitments at COP26

Independent:

Times:

Boris says UK has ‘bigger fish to fry’ than France row as climate summit looms

Evening Standard: