Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

So has anyone gone for anything on the Cosmic Legions preorder?

I’m thinking of getting Zeeri, it’s a good looking figure.

I've got two all ins and am thinking about which legion builders to buy. I like the sentries bubble and was thinking of buying some to put my extra ML heads in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

So has anyone gone for anything on the Cosmic Legions preorder?

I’m thinking of getting Zeeri, it’s a good looking figure.

I got the science officer alien dude mostly out of curiosity. They finally announced a bonus head for that one the other day.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

drat the oldest post from me in this thread is Feb 2009

Same. I was talking poo poo about Shocker Toys.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sanschel posted:

I do find it insane that I can search this one thread and find my own posts from a decade ago.

It's awesome. That's why I think we should keep this thread.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've got two all ins and am thinking about which legion builders to buy. I like the sentries bubble and was thinking of buying some to put my extra ML heads in

I went with an all-in and then later got an extra sentry and bug drone, but these new head reveals have me questioning if I want some extra science officers and tech minions. It would be easier to cop a few more figures if the shipping wasn’t so crazy expensive; just adding a few figure stands to a two-figure order shoots shipping up almost $20.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My first posts in the thread are from ‘09, wishing for a good Blink figure. At least I finally got that ML release a year or so ago. :unsmith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

tbf they were a hilarious trainwreck at the time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

There’s a name I’ve not heard in a long, long time. Back from the days of Toyfare.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I, for one, enjoy posting in the same ancient thread with the same 12 people forever.

Unironically this. I like this thread, am happy where it is and have no inclination to go elsewhere. This is just a nicer location to me.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Unironically this. I like this thread, am happy where it is and have no inclination to go elsewhere. This is just a nicer location to me.

You don't have to worry -- not like there's going to be a long-term collection subforum most likely

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite part is the plan to redistribute all the threads in there to other forums when it closes. Forums that already have threads for all of them because they told people to make dupes in it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You don't have to worry -- not like there's going to be a long-term collection subforum most likely

Don’t think like that! <:mad:>

gregday
May 23, 2003

So I was able to find a NIB Blitzway Stantz, Venkman, and all the parts of a Spengler from an eBay seller who was parting him out. But it feels like Zeddemore is going to be the one that’s absolutely impossible to find.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Making a dedicated three pack with just Peter, Ray, and Spengler felt like a really weird move on their part.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Where even is the collector sub? I'm not seeing it on the awful app.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the forum list in the app needs to be created manually.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=683

I got the payment request for PAK Sephiroth and SHF Harley today after a Persona statue got hit with a delay until March. Only Red and Jessie left to go now, I wasn't interested in the other ones they've put up.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 21, 2021

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Making a dedicated three pack with just Peter, Ray, and Spengler felt like a really weird move on their part.

For sure. There's already a lot of history about Ernie Hudson getting completely sidelined in that movie.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of Ghostbusters, where's the Phoebe figure in the Plasma series? She shares my daughter's name so I figure it'd be a really fun gift but I can't confirm if it's been released anywhere.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of Ghostbusters, where's the Phoebe figure in the Plasma series? She shares my daughter's name so I figure it'd be a really fun gift but I can't confirm if it's been released anywhere.

Phoebe will be in the next wave, apparently. Probably with a bunch of spoilery film figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Phoebe will be in the next wave, apparently. Probably with a bunch of spoilery film figures.

Great, thanks! Figured that was the case but I couldn't find anything online to confirm.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 21, 2021

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm liking the bonus alternate heads for the Cosmic Legions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm liking the bonus alternate heads for the Cosmic Legions.

God, gently caress you.

Guess I'm all in on this now. Goddammit.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

They kept having problems with broken limbs because of her brittle bird bones

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Fuzz posted:

God, gently caress you.

Guess I'm all in on this now. Goddammit.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Sentry 12 pack but now might get a few extras of the others, too. I still can't get a straight answer as to whether the Sentry bubble will fit on the science officer body

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Different Phoebe, this one hates art.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

so is NECA making it now? Shameful, just because her bones are hollow doesn’t mean they should stop

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pretty sure she was lying about that; she wasn't even British!

gregday
May 23, 2003

I have fallen down the rat hole of 1/6 customs and I’m not sure I want to get out.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Louisgod posted:

so is NECA making it now? Shameful, just because her bones are hollow doesn’t mean they should stop

Fistgrrl and I tried to warn you but you didn't listen!

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

gregday posted:

I have fallen down the rat hole of 1/6 customs and I’m not sure I want to get out.

Fuuuuuuck, did you make that? I just got done reading the book (movie’s good too, lol).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the club. Much like cancer, it starts small, gets expensive, and you'll probably end up dying surrounded by pieces of plastic that are very important to you.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Been hearing the call myself. "Oh I could totally save so much money buying a 3d printer and making them myself! Then I can get whatever I want. I mean they're five times the size of a 28mm mini, so they're five times easier to paint!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone thinks that until they see all the equipment and precautions you need to run a resin printer.

2 things that can blind you and 2 things that are toxic.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm contractually obligated to buy Space Raylan Givens:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1451610029015109650

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lol that's awesome. Can't say they nailed the likeness but I wouldn't pass an opportunity to buy a space marshall.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Fuuuuuuck, did you make that? I just got done reading the book (movie’s good too, lol).

No, just scouting eBay for customs.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Off topic, but: For all you Timothy Olyphant fans, a great and underrated performance of his was as himself on the short-lived but excellent sitcom “The Grinder,” where he has a friendship/rivalry with Rob Lowe’s actor character. That show had a great cast all around, but he stole a lot of scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone thinks that until they see all the equipment and precautions you need to run a resin printer.

2 things that can blind you and 2 things that are toxic.

Reminds me of my days working at a pool supply store, except less risk of a fiery explosive demise happening