Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

For Halloween people should go read Mieruko-chan.

https://mangadex.org/title/6670ee28-f26d-4b61-b49c-d71149cd5a6e/mieruko-chan?page=2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It has baps and toilets.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

It has "I see dead people" girl who just gives it her all to not give a gently caress.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cowboy bebap

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to be a cute anime girl irl instead of just being a fat ugly girl

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

homeless snail posted:

cowboy bibimbap :chef:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyoro posted:

Who on this planet hasn't been there

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cumboy Becock

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

Who on this planet hasn't been there

me

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Sooo I watched Gleipnir in like 2 days. I don't even remember how I heard about it (no one in my life enjoys anime), but I liked it a lot. I went online to read the reception and most people seemed like they didn't like it, which was surprising.

It took some mental doing to uh... get into it... but I feel like it was pretty fantastic! I gave it a 9 on my MAL. In the beginning I was sure it was some gross fetish poo poo, and that's not wrong but I found the story to be pretty captivating. As the story progresses it becomes less about the fetish stuff "OH SHENICHI IM SO WARM INSIDE U" and surprisingly things kind of fit together narratively in a way that makes the premise less weird. It's still weird af though.

It seemed like a lot of people who reviewed it online didn't like Claire, which I don't really get. She's a novel character. I got the impression that people thought she was too extra, but that's kinda the point. Strong women are cool. She lost everything that was dear to her for almost no reason. Of course she's kind of hosed up, but she's completely and totally focused on her immediate goals in an almost optimistic way that I find refreshing. It's sad how many people didn't like her character because she wasn't the typical Rem motherfuckin cute mommy character. Like don't get me wrong I liked Re:Zero but cmon.

Unfortunately I can NEVER talk about this poo poo with anyone in real life because god drat is it filthy and strange AF but I can't stop thinking about it after watching it (in a lot more positive way than watching Made in Abyss that's for sure).

Something I really enjoyed about Gleipnir is that the core of it is very nihilistic, or... it's hard to explain. People online say a lot that the plot is paper thin but I feel like that's kind of the point? The alien has access to technology that is indistinguishable from magic. His initially good, or naïve, intentions didn't go much farther than "it would be nice to give these savages whatever they want to get what I want". Then the rest of the character's motivations spiral from that, which can seem like a flimsy setup in how pointless some thing seem or how shallow motivations can be, but that's the entire point. That's the depth of human desire and motivation.

idk. It was good. I want to read the manga, but I have a personal rule about not reading the manga for shows that I want to see via anime. Though with the reception, I have no idea if Gleipnir will get another season, or maybe it'll be a cult classic Devil is a Part Timer thing where it gets a S2 in like 7 years, which would also suck. Maybe I'll just read it.

My one gripe with the season is that it gets very hurried near the end. The arc goes into hyperspeed in the last few episodes in a way that is kind of hard to piece together narratively, probably for budget or scope reasons. It could have easily been 20 episodes and been better for it. I also liked the strong turn towards horror evident in the final arcs though.

Endorph posted:

Western critical reception is like the literal last thing that matters when deciding if an anime gets a S2. The manga's ongoing and its in a Kodansha owned magazine, and Kodansha have been really pushing anime adaptations lately. So i'd put its odds of a S2 at passable.

Fair enough but I have a hard time understand what this means. I haven't been into anime for long but my understanding is that additional seasons are never a sure thing, can take years, and many anime are left on the cutting room floor unceremoniously as they are (as I understand it) basically advertisement for the manga or light novels instead of a creative effort in their own right. So sure, I'm down to wait, but passable in this context could mean "might get a S2 in 5 years" for all I know.

Taima fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 22, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Western critical reception is like the literal last thing that matters when deciding if an anime gets a S2. The manga's ongoing and its in a Kodansha owned magazine, and Kodansha have been really pushing anime adaptations lately. So i'd put its odds of a S2 at passable.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

studios are booked so far out right now that even if the producers were pleased with it and decided to make a season 2 it could take 2-3 years for it to show up. the shows that get second seasons quicker than that were planned from the start.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
People who edit a post to reply to someone replying to them should be punished. Just post again!!! gently caress!!!!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hmm i think i will make a post

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

do not

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Don't do it.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Nyoro posted:

gently caress that keep it real

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

hmm i think i will make a post

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is MIEL PLUS INTENSE French for BIGGER HONEY TASTE?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It’s the new bnha slogan

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Clarste posted:

Is MIEL PLUS INTENSE French for BIGGER HONEY TASTE?

goût de miel is "honey taste"

plus intense just means more intense

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/W9RTVDA9Cr0

I always associate watching this Honeycomb commercial with the Goonies. It would have been cool to be a kid that gets to be in a commercial with Andre the Giant.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa4fjrxAwvI
:ghost: :drac:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/rikeigakoini/status/1451836748053442564?t=vTPTk_rzhW2d9vM0Ef3fwQ&s=19

S2 of science love idiots announced.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/tsyshenn/status/1451323989280821252?t=4EUG-e-uApFV8p3I-OWVlA&s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sb hermit posted:

goût de miel is "honey taste"

plus intense just means more intense

i thought i was in the bball thread and yall was talking about Big Honey

love u jokic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
omg me and my buddy got a lilllll too drubk and beat the poo poo out of each other at the bar and i have a huge split under my eye AND i forgot to take my cow painting :c

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Haven't had decent internet in almost 3 weeks. Gotta catch up on... it's October so probably mostly pictures of monster girls.

verbal enema posted:

omg me and my buddy got a lilllll too drubk and beat the poo poo out of each other at the bar and i have a huge split under my eye AND i forgot to take my cow painting :c
This seems like a thing a person who is not your buddy might do, goon.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brutal Garcon posted:

Haven't had decent internet in almost 3 weeks. Gotta catch up on... it's October so probably mostly pictures of monster girls.

This seems like a thing a person who is not your buddy might do, goon.

nah its all outta love

we did have a badass time at the arcade

BoneBreaker(?) that one awesome sniper game whips rear end also Time Crisis 5 is sick in co op

but yeah when he gets to work im beating the poo poo outta him

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

haha, yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

nah its all outta love
:chloe:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1451696999812771841?t=F797Wn7T2CgD5C0_vgZZOQ&s=19

200 pages of liner notes...

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nice to add a whole season as an extra to those liner notes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTnmApB8h0Q

Nice, GFL anime went with the fem commander from the manga version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have put them all on screen as translators notes

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

marumaru
May 20, 2013

is there an easy, straightforward way to burn subs into video?
my tv really doesn't like all the fancy anime subs (unlike me)
komi-san is straight up hard to watch on my tv

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

marumaru posted:

is there an easy, straightforward way to burn subs into video?
my tv really doesn't like all the fancy anime subs (unlike me)

I believe Handbrake is what a lot of people use to turn MKVs into MP4s

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arist posted:

I believe Handbrake is what a lot of people use to turn MKVs into MP4s

very cool, looks like that has an option to burn subs. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
https://twitter.com/SumigaharaAun/status/1451920673920765964