Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bird. posted:

lmfao what is it about this game that makes it honey to fuckin' idiots

Giving me real good ArcheAge nostalgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.

Flavahbeast posted:

The diplomatic thing for them to do would have been to hand over Brightwood and then help defend it (they've been complaining lately about having to pay for three cities, it would have been an net win for them to have someone else managing Brightwood) but they really had zero reason to do that when A) a bunch of goons joined Fed after the blowup and they didn't know how many were left and B) you had goons calling them nazis and pedophiles in faction chat out of nowhere

That's the new narrative that they're trying to sell. The problem is that nobody knew they were getting Brightwood until after Church decided he was going to keep it. I knew because I was in on the officer chat with TT and so I reached to Church the morning of the drama and asked that they get the town and hand it to us. Once he said that he wasn't going to do that, THEN I informed everyone

e: The timestamped conversation is in the Discord. Then they tried 'oh they were going to lose it anyway', strategy as if they're being video game patriots. The bottom line is that, at the very least, if they didn't want any drama they should have stayed out of it. TT couldn't defend the town by himself and he couldn't steal the town by himself. He had to have someone help him, and they chose to help him. All of the after the fact justification is because they want to be seen as the good guys because Chuch is a nihilist (and what Super Serious MMO PvP Leader isn't?)

Wreckus fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 22, 2021

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I havent booted the game in almost two weeks but this thread is making it all worth it lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skyl3lazer posted:

Interesting that you say that you havent played since launch since you were just banned from guild and discord for saying transphobic poo poo in chat yesterday, so eat poo poo and gently caress off

e; Oh btw the other people saying poo poo in those screenshots were FED so have fun explaining that one away as well Ad.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

theguybro posted:

oh you forgot that time exists did you, yes it has a past and a future, you learn something new every day i guess.

edIT: unlike you i dont have a goldfish brain, and can remember things from more than an hour ago.
you have not made much progress in life despite being so "progressive" that's hilariously ironic.

im just pro science i guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh yeah there is a new invincibility exploit

https://forums.newworld.com/t/103-invincibility-exploit/436195

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

lol holy poo poo this thread owns again

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

this is an insanely good standup special btw

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

And all the news about this game keeps going on about duping exploits.

Also, you can't refuse donations apparently, which is hilarious, not it matters, I bet you they don't have a way to track anything anyway.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I don't know if this is widely known but I just discovered it so thought I'd share. You get the same crafting skill no matter how many of an item you make at one time. So you can make 5 fishing rods for 200 skill or 1 fishing rod 5 times for 1000 skill. All the stations work like this.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You mean like when you make 59 iron swords at once you only get xp a single time?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Aramoro posted:

I don't know if this is widely known but I just discovered it so thought I'd share. You get the same crafting skill no matter how many of an item you make at one time. So you can make 5 fishing rods for 200 skill or 1 fishing rod 5 times for 1000 skill. All the stations work like this.

emm... I'm pretty sure that if I make 1 fishing rod I would get 200 skill experience and if I make 5 fishing rod I would get 200x5=1000 skill experience

Am I reading this wrong

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
If you make 59 iron swords at once you get 59x the XP of making 1 Iron Sword.

I think what he is saying is if you have 1000 iron ore, you get the same skill refining them into Iron Ingots all at once instead of one at a time. Which is true, and it would be terrible if it were not.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

My timeframe for returning this game is running out, are any of you actually having fun?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

nakieon posted:

emm... I'm pretty sure that if I make 1 fishing rod I would get 200 skill experience and if I make 5 fishing rod I would get 200x5=1000 skill experience

Am I reading this wrong

I read it the same way and my experience leveling weaponsmithing and engineering says this is how it works

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

a pale ghost posted:

My timeframe for returning this game is running out, are any of you actually having fun?

Yeah, for the most part. Most of the games systems are coated with a tinge of “wow this could be so much cooler” sadness, but the core gameplay loop is still enjoyable enough. Having rushed 60 and stayed Cool Kids Club adjacent enough to be consistently included in wars, I’m enjoying the opportunity to gently caress around with crafting/gathering and progression agnostic PVP.

If you want to make people really mad, but have a lot of fun ganking, go hang out in great cleave north of the city gates right where the 30 second timer ends. There’s a cliff and a tower that you can use to ambush people running up to the PvP zone and it is very bad manner but also very fun.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

nakieon posted:

Am I reading this wrong

You are. I literally just did this.

I made 5x50 bullets and got a total of 72 engineering.

I then made 1x50 bullets and got a total of 72 engineering.

I then went and did a bunch of other crafting and that's how it was working. Now it is obvious wrong and broken but that's what happened for me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

I then went and did a bunch of other crafting and that's how it was working. Now it is obvious wrong and broken but that's what happened for me.

If this is true, gently caress actually playing this game.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

causticBeet posted:

Yeah, for the most part. Most of the games systems are coated with a tinge of “wow this could be so much cooler” sadness, but the core gameplay loop is still enjoyable enough. Having rushed 60 and stayed Cool Kids Club adjacent enough to be consistently included in wars, I’m enjoying the opportunity to gently caress around with crafting/gathering and progression agnostic PVP.

If you want to make people really mad, but have a lot of fun ganking, go hang out in great cleave north of the city gates right where the 30 second timer ends. There’s a cliff and a tower that you can use to ambush people running up to the PvP zone and it is very bad manner but also very fun.

So there's open world PvP?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Aramoro posted:

I literally leveled up weaponsmithing this morning by crafting weapons on batches. I leveled engineering the same way a couple days ago. Each time it finishes crafting an item you straight up see it add points to the skill

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aramoro posted:

This is not true, at least not for armoring. If you make 25 gloves, each glove in the crafting process gives skill up and you can see it as each is made.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
It's not true for furnishing either I've definitely made 10 beds at a time and got xp for all 10

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
If the item you are making has a roll for stats + enhancements, it comes up one at a time.

If them item you are making has no roll, then it comes up in a batch.

I.E: Crafting 10 blue swords they will come up one at a time showing you the stat you rolled. If you craft 10 iron ingots, it comes in a batch.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Another chud meltdown?

Someone reset the clock

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It shouldn't be true for ammo either, I got 20 levels of engineering just make thousands of steel arrows at once.

Maybe there is a new bug in this perfect bug free game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

BadLlama posted:

It shouldn't be true for ammo either, I got 20 levels of engineering just make thousands of steel arrows at once.

Maybe there is a new bug in this perfect bug free game.

It would have needed to show up in the last 4 hours

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

a pale ghost posted:

So there's open world PvP?

One of the fastest PvP faction quest loops in in Great Cleave... you can, without interference, do 3 quests in about 4 minutes. So people get pretty tilted when they actually have to PvP.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol at the loving meltdowns and screenshots holy poo poo. I made a bit of money this morning selling herbs/berries/leathers/meats running in circles around the cutlass fort if anyone is looking for a way to make money. gently caress logging. You can also set your market to show windward and everfall at the same time and compare goods and make a ton of money that way. Everfall is our most active market and windward and MB are the easiest to rip off people. Prices are going up in general as people start to level professions

The most fun I'm having is random pvp while collecting resources flagged. Pretty donezo with the quests

causticBeet posted:

Anyone else planning on transferring to the highest pop server that’s not a weird streamer server? I’m on Brobdingnag and it’s feeling pretty dead already - my thought is to basically grind out a few 200 crafting with the low competition for open world nodes and then dip. US E, and from occasionally checking the NW analytics pages, Royllo only seems marginally better

Yup. Is it much harder collecting resources on super active servers anyone?

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Was this game originally about natives vs colonizers?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

a pale ghost posted:

Was this game originally about natives vs colonizers?

No. You could make your character look Native (in appearance and armor) if you wanted to, but the NPCs were always skeletons/undead.

There was a marketing image that showed a piece of armor that depicted a battle between colonizers and Natives, but that sort of thing was never actually in the game.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Aramoro posted:

This 100% is not the case.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

If you want to get rich don't gather, level a crafting skill. Spend about 15-20 minutes entering prices into this here spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/3yz1mGp and look at all of the deals.

Hint: Mote -> Wisp -> Essence -> (except Life/Earth) Quintessence is generally profitable. If you have high refining skill and can get accumulation gear you can make money turning low tier mats into high tier mats.

Cutting gems and in some cases fusing gems to make the next higher tier has some profit in it especially with Stonecutting Accumulation gear where you get ~30% chance to cut/fuse an extra gem.

There are so many possible conversions of materials that there will always be times where you can turn one thing into another thing for decent (~50%) profit and there are sometimes where there will be absolutely crazy profits. Mote -> Essence conversion was >400% return for nearly a week. Burning wood into charcoal at various times has been decently profitable as people dump massive amounts of wood after leveling their wood cutting skill.

The only real limit is how many trading post slots you have, eventually you won't want to do the lower profit things. No sense wasting a sell slot to earn 200c profit when you can use it to sell 100 Essences at 20c profit each.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Weird horse avatar guy shits hot takes ITT

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Digital Prophet posted:

Weird horse avatar guy shits hot takes ITT

this thread is dedicated to hot takes

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Wreckus posted:

If you want to get rich don't gather, level a crafting skill. Spend about 15-20 minutes entering prices into this here spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/3yz1mGp and look at all of the deals.

Hint: Mote -> Wisp -> Essence -> (except Life/Earth) Quintessence is generally profitable. If you have high refining skill and can get accumulation gear you can make money turning low tier mats into high tier mats.

Cutting gems and in some cases fusing gems to make the next higher tier has some profit in it especially with Stonecutting Accumulation gear where you get ~30% chance to cut/fuse an extra gem.

There are so many possible conversions of materials that there will always be times where you can turn one thing into another thing for decent (~50%) profit and there are sometimes where there will be absolutely crazy profits. Mote -> Essence conversion was >400% return for nearly a week. Burning wood into charcoal at various times has been decently profitable as people dump massive amounts of wood after leveling their wood cutting skill.

The only real limit is how many trading post slots you have, eventually you won't want to do the lower profit things. No sense wasting a sell slot to earn 200c profit when you can use it to sell 100 Essences at 20c profit each.

That link is slick. I checked motes the other day on my server as I need a bunch for arcana but the conversion from mote>essence has been priced in for a few days.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

It gets even better if you can have multiple people contributing to it at once so the prices are even fresher. Even though it doesn't take much time to run through the various things that you need to know about. Potion making would probably take the longest since there are just so many possible materials. Also, as your Arcana is leveled you will get more accumulation % which is huge in the conversion chains. Getting 20% more Wisps from Motes and 20% more Essences from Wisps and 20% more Quintessences from Essences really adds up. I'm assuming that there will be a set for Arcana/potion accumulation and I'm fairly sure this is the intended functionality of the 'Mixer' set (right now it gives Jewelcrafting mastery for some reason) so you will be able to lean even harder on these things.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

a pale ghost posted:

I'm a filthy casual who is just level 29 and it's fun to run around a bit at night, mine some nodes, level my engineering, and kill some skeletons. I'm genuinely having a blast even having read the end-game problems. My numbers go up and that's good.

It sounds like this game has a very high decreasing marginal return on playing, so I'm not gonna like hardcore grind it right now.

Hopefully by the time I hit sixty (maybe like mid-November)? AGS will have put a bandaid and maybe even moved on fixing on the worst problems.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

cosmicjim posted:

Did you finish the quest? I get an unusually high number of snails and I still have the quest in my journal. They wouldn’t artificially inflate snail chance with that quest active would they?

there are other fishing quests absolutely do do that, so its possible yeah

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Lol posting in game chat transcripts in this day and age. How old are these people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
New World: 0 Days Without Goon Meltdown

Mods, please do the needful.