Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

nvidiagouge posted:

the only two times she did them in her 10 year marriage was when she wanted a fancy new fridge and a vacation.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

real contender for most bleakness you can pack into a sentence

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

nvidiagouge posted:

Im 42 and I recently went out on a few dates with a woman close to my age. Her stance on blowjobs was that she hated them and doesn't do them and that the only two times she did them in her 10 year marriage was when she wanted a fancy new fridge and a vacation.

Women Be Shoppin

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Grimdude posted:

I also doubt he's actually violent or even seriously thinks about "throwing them off balconies" or whatever. Some people just exaggerate a lot when expressing anger or frustration.

I'd say he's mostly right though, sorry weebs. It's literally having negative effects on her physical health already. Her mental health will be next to go as she becomes so enveloped in anime nerd culture that she can no longer relate to anyone but a bunch of smelly nerds who 100% want to bang her.

I don't think anyone's trying to defend the nerds; I think the closest we're getting is "THe parts you're hung up on are not the things that are actually wrong with these horrible people".

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

(19F) My dad wants me to model...

quote:

A little background: I'm a freshman in college but I still live with my mom. Even though my parents are divorced they both still live close, so I see my dad a lot too. Recently my dad started a photography business as a side gig. He mostly does sports stuff and a few weddings.

Recently, he texted me and asked if I would model for him. I have modeled a little bit in the past, so that part of the request wasn't odd. But he specifically mentioned wanting to shoot "fashion, swimwear, or maybe some boudoir or fitness stuff."

What do y'all think? I'm not sure whether I should go for it or not, or whether I should view it as a compliment or what. Maybe he just didn't know who else to ask?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

nvidiagouge posted:

Im 42 and I recently went out on a few dates with a woman close to my age. Her stance on blowjobs was that she hated them and doesn't do them and that the only two times she did them in her 10 year marriage was when she wanted a fancy new fridge and a vacation.

The fact that a refrigerator is one of the things is what makes this special. :stonklol:

What you do or don't consent to is your business, but...really? THIS IS AN ABOMINATION but have you seen the ice dispenser on this big boi? :quagmire:

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

sean10mm posted:

The fact that a refrigerator is one of the things is what makes this special. :stonklol:

What you do or don't consent to is your business, but...really? THIS IS AN ABOMINATION but have you seen the ice dispenser on this big boi? :quagmire:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Neito posted:

I don't think anyone's trying to defend the nerds; I think the closest we're getting is "THe parts you're hung up on are not the things that are actually wrong with these horrible people".

Yes, my stance is that she should get better friends and a bf who accepts her hobbies, but the specific way OP is approaching this is to assert that all the actual objectionable behavior inevitably follows from being a weird nerd. All that's going to do is make her want to spend her time with the people who seem to accept her as a weird nerd, and make her think that disgusting behavior is just something she'll have to put up with if she doesn't want to give up watching cartoons and playing dress-up at conventions.

She can still be saved, I guess is what I'm saying, but not by OP yelling about True Cinema or whatever the gently caress.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Neighbor called the cops on my dog so I'm abusing a loophole in the local law

quote:

So, the story time part. My neighbor has lived next to me for a few years, was always a friendly guy. I recently adopted a dog that had been abandoned in my neighborhood (we live in a small neighborhood away from people, I guess it seemed a safe place to dump a dog). Now the dog for the first few days was a handful, barking a lot If I left the house to go to the store and climbing the fence to run loose. Now, he's fine. I took him to a trainer for the barking, installed a taller fence with coyote rollers, and reinforced the gate.

The day of my issue was when my grandsons opened the gate, let him out, and didn't tell me he had gotten out. I realized about 30 minutes later, looked around the neighborhood and found him beside my neighbors house with the trash knocked over. Well, poo poo. So, got the dog on a leash. Knocked on the guys door, let him know about the trash, and seemed fine. I picked up the trash with my grandson, had a talk with my grandson, and mowed the guys yard as an apology (making sure to clear it with him first). All is good, right?

Nope. That night I have a knock on my door, couple of badges to write me a citation for dog at large. Guy had it on camera, called it in sometime, said he was pressing charges. 135 dollar ticket and some young cop chastising me for ten minutes later, and I'm pissed. I'm really mad. So, I called the police and asked noise ordinance law in my town. 10 pm to 6 am, they say. I went to the other two houses in my neighborhood, asked them what time they woke up, and decided on a plan. That night I went to best buy, bought 8 of the loudest sound systems they had, and went home. The next morning, at 6:01, I had them hooked up to my extension cord and next to the fence facing his house. I turned them on to classic rock, and sat down with a cold beer and a cigarette. A little later the cops are at my house, noise complaint. I remind them that the noise ordinance says 10 pm to 6 am, and I know the rest of my neighbors are already awake or at work and okay with this little revenge. No law I'm breaking. They tried to tell me to turn it off, I mentioned the fact there is no general nuisance law in town. Maybe they shouldn't elect judges based on popularity contests, huh? They ended up leaving in defeat, that time and the four other times he called them

So far this has been going on for two weeks and my wife thinks I'm taking it too far. I think having my dog threatened to be taken from me was taking it too far. Personally, my wife is using headphones at night, one neighbor is at work during this time frame, and the other neighbor looks like the crypt keeper and is deaf as a bat. I'm ready to go until they change the laws, until I disturb someone I care about, or until he moves.

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I've been living with various lovely undersized, underpowered fridges for the last 10 years, a beej in exchange for not having to defrost 3-4 times a year honestly seems like pretty good value.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Everett False posted:

She can still be saved, I guess is what I'm saying, but not by OP yelling about True Cinema or whatever the gently caress.

Yeah he definitely loses points for this bullshit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I respect the level of spite here but it's also the kind of thing that gets you shot when the jerk next door turns out to be a genuine psycho.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

DemoneeHo posted:

The aspect of this technically being a workplace dispute tends to get glossed over, compared to the plagiarism and the petty shittalking.

Like, if this was a just a conflict between friends that would be one thing. But one person stole the literal words from a coworker (who is in a lower position than you) without crediting them, and then rallied the rest of their elite writer group to bat for her. Thats huge imbalace in power and sin compared to the person being cringe online and demanding acknowledgement. Especially when the artistic director of the organization says he wants to "exact revenge on this pestilence of a person," and another person would ice out Dawn, presumably leading to her resignation.

Yep. Dawn was professionally and socially punished for the crime of being cringe online, in a private facebook group that Sonya didn't have to join anyway.

The whole thing honestly feels like Sonya was insecure about Dawn's altruism (that line she sent about "What does Dawn expect us to do? DONATE OUR ORGANS?" yeah dummy that's exactly what she's hoping to inspire you soulless ghouls to do) and decided to tear Dawn down in order to make herself feel better. Dawn might've been annoying, but at the end of the day, she donated an organ that extended a stranger's life and went on to inspire a few others to do the same. All Sonya did was publish a mediocre short story.

The fact that writers are mostly deranged egotists who will air every unflattering thought they ever had about you for clout can kinda be taken as read by anyone who's ever been to a writer's group or, like, paid attention to a novel.

this is also true

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Anime Club Alumni showing up big ITT lol

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sean10mm posted:

I respect the level of spite here but it's also the kind of thing that gets you shot when the jerk next door turns out to be a genuine psycho.

Yeah, like that guy that killed his neighbors over snow removal
https://abcnews.go.com/US/pennsylvania-neighbors-dead-fight-snow-shoveling-authorities/story?id=75666109

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Nooner posted:

Anime Club Alumni showing up big ITT lol

Man you reminded me of this old classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

only now realizing the scale of what the r/relationships mods have taken from us, in the less formally strict drama subs people do poetry

The Shunning

quote:

All out of tears but I’m still so sad,

I never imagined you would just throw me away.

I wish I could be upset, angry or mad,

But these feelings of disgust are here to stay.

You were my best friend, my mentor, my everything,

And when I needed you the most you turned your back on me.

The emotional torture you put me through will always sting,

All the heartbreak you caused me, you’ll never see.

I’ll never understand the choices you made,

Shunning me from your family without a second thought.

I have never felt so utterly betrayed,

And never have I been so hopelessly distraught.

I could never do that to anyone, let alone my brother,

I often wonder how you can sleep at night.

Your actions affected our whole family, especially our mother,

Yet you continue to believe your choices were right.

I made some very poor decisions and lost my way,

But I sought help to get my life back on track.

Yet for some reason you still choose to push me away,

So I constantly have my guard up just waiting for you to attack.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
There's a certain sunset of rockin' dudes that will go to war over their lovely dogs. Usually when the cops are involved it's the fifth incident, plus and even then the solution is "go get an anti-bark collar/better latch for your gate, show me the receipt and we'll dismiss the ticket" and oh man is that just trampling on freedoms.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

only now realizing the scale of what the r/relationships mods have taken from us, in the less formally strict drama subs people do poetry

The Shunning

Please no.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Zurtilik posted:

My (30M) girlfriend's (24F) anime-geek friends (M29-34) drive me crazy and frankly, I want to beat them

OP posted:

Am I crazy? I got beaten up a lot in high school for being the slightest bit nerdy and I've tidied up a lot since then. These guys took it to an extreme I wouldn't even have dreamed of and didn't have it beaten out of them? How is this fair? Why don't people beat the poo poo out of them? Why am I losing my girlfriend to this? I don't know what to do.

:therapy:

Pretty sure the "These guys [got to do that] and didn't have [anything bad happen]? How is this fair?" mindset is responsible for a lot of reflected suffering in our present time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Just because the poo poo town doesn't have a nuisance bylaw doesn't mean there's not a harassment law that could get OP put in jail. Just need a cop smart enough to realize town law isn't the only law that applies.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Just need a cop smart enough

OPs in the clear

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Not that I don't support a pointless vengeance quest but what is the dudes goal here. Annoy his neighbor until... something happens?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My take on the Kidney Affair is that both women and their entire circle of friends should be hurled into an active volcano.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah eventually neighbor is going to either a) lawyer up for real or b) shoot you and/or your dog

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Zurtilik posted:

Yeah that guy isn't wrong on reading some of that poo poo as weird. It's just his reaction is wishing someone would yell slurs and beat people up.

I thought people were actually yelling slurs at them?

But as the wise man a few pages ago said, why read when you can post

Zurtilik posted:

My [21 M] girlfriend [20 F] of 5 months is afraid that blowjobs will mess up her teeth

She just doesn't wanna suckle ur dilz bro

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Half of Dracula posted:

Not that I don't support a pointless vengeance quest but what is the dudes goal here. Annoy his neighbor until... something happens?

Until the neighbor moves.

Found a good one in legal advice

Husband's teeth have been confiscated by dentist.

quote:

My husband just got back from his dentist to get his dentures readjusted and he and the dentist got into an argument about the fitting. He hasn't been able to wear them without gagging for 30 seconds, they fall out, the bottom mounts don't touch the teeth they are suppose to mount. She got angry, sat him up in the chair, and took his dentures. She said she would give him a refund, and to leave. He waited 12 weeks for these dentures, without teeth, then another 2 weeks of these dentures destroying his gums, falling out, and gagging. My question is, so we have any legal recourse here? Can she just take his teeth? Should he go back and get them and go to a different dentist for a second opinion? Do we take the refund and go somewhere else and start over?

Edit: we are in Florida. Also, the dentures are paid in full already.

Update: He got the teeth back, we are going to get a second opinion from another dentist.

If the new dentist says these teeth are improperly made, do we have any legal recourse?

comment from op

quote:

She walked in, sat him up in the chair and curtly said "we need to talk, your expectations are unreasonable, im not going to fix them. I will issue you a refund and you can go somewhere else." And walked out. She was rude and very unprofessional. We have already had 6 weeks of back and forth about getting the teeth before receiving them. We were left dumbfounded to say the least. I've never had anything like this happen to me before. We had never been to this dentist before he started seeing her to get the dentures.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

haveblue posted:

Yeah eventually neighbor is going to either a) lawyer up for real or b) shoot you and/or your dog
That sounds dangerous and expensive when I have a perfectly good water hose and the speakers are right there on the other side of the fence.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
I (34M) got a new haircut and now my (36F) wife hasn't spoke to me in 24 hours

quote:

I decided to get a fun new haircut yesterday. I came home and surprised my wife with this fantastic new haircut and was met with a very unsatisfied look. A few words were exchanged and she proceeded to leave the house without saying anything else. She came home an hour or so later and went right to the couch with the tablet and hasn't said a word or text message since about 4pm yesterday. I feel kind of offended because it's just a haircut and don't even know how to approach a conversation about it?

EDIT: The haircut is a very small mullet and totally not that bad! It not a super hipster looking one and more of a little baby one.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Zurtilik posted:

My [21 M] girlfriend [20 F] of 5 months is afraid that blowjobs will mess up her teeth

I'm guessing from context that her fear is that, during the act, his penis might hit her teeth with so much force, her teeth shift in position. I don't think that can happen. Maybe, because of the condom thing, she's also afraid of semen stains on her teeth?

Regardless, this guy should survey a panel of dentists and tell her that 4 out of 5 recommend it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone sucks in the antinerd guy story, but the OP really glosses over how he stumbled home drunk and immediately got into a shouting match with his GF's guests that was so bad she left the room. Makes you wonder what other rage issues he might be leaving out as an unreliable narrator.

William Bear posted:

I'm guessing from context that her fear is that, during the act, his penis might hit her teeth with so much force, her teeth shift in position. I don't think that can happen. Maybe, because of the condom thing, she's also afraid of semen stains on her teeth?

Regardless, this guy should survey a panel of dentists and tell her that 4 out of 5 recommend it.

Given that she just had her braces off a year ago I think she's afraid she'll get pacifier teeth from sucking dick.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh my god why are people still posting the same boring take on the nerd guy over and over

take it to Reddit

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Until the neighbor moves.

Found a good one in legal advice

Husband's teeth have been confiscated by dentist.

comment from op

I honestly don't know enough about the experience of getting dentures to have any idea who's being unreasonable here. Like, do you always need to kind break them/your gums in and he won't accept this and demands an impossible perfection? Or are they just wrong and the dentist hosed up and is going "nah, fixing it sounds hard, gently caress off"?

I'm leaning dentist because a refund is being issued (if that's not just a lie, I guess: unscrupulous businesses certainly claim a refund "is coming soon" to make you go away for a while).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

nvidiagouge posted:

The worst part about this is that if she hates sucking dick then she is bad at it so huge expenditure for lovely blowjobs. gently caress off, do something you're good at.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Soylent Pudding posted:

I remember older relatives being concerned about race mixing because my Ashkenazi cousin was dating a lady who was *gasp* Sephardic.

My mother grew up in an Ashkenazic immigrant neighborhood in Chicago (Jefferey Manor if anyone knows it, demographics have shifted since back then) and said there were some tensions between folks who didn't consider themselves White and those who wanted to make sure nobody thought they were any not-Whiter than they had to be. Some interesting psychological stuff to dig into, if not for the whole "people getting hurt because of it" thing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hecuba posted:

This is worth a look if you saw the original story and (as I did) went “ugh, both of these people are horrible” without looking any farther.
That wasn't my take from the NYT article.
The drafts (and narrated version) where Larson used barely touched excerpts from Dorland's letter were lazy in the capacity of her profession, and her defense around life inspiration vs fiction didn't hold water for me. Dorland is a sad sack for sure, but Larson came off far worse from just that reading.

And in the detailed court evidence letters, yeah, she just admits the plagiarism.

quote:

I feel nervous about sending it out b/c it literally has sentences that I verbatim grabbed from Dawn’s letter on FB. I’ve tried to change it but I can’t seem to—that letter was just too drat good. I’m not sure what to do…feeling morally compromised/like a good artist but a lovely person…
Bad Art indeed.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Akratic Method posted:

I honestly don't know enough about the experience of getting dentures to have any idea who's being unreasonable here. Like, do you always need to kind break them/your gums in and he won't accept this and demands an impossible perfection? Or are they just wrong and the dentist hosed up and is going "nah, fixing it sounds hard, gently caress off"?

I'm leaning dentist because a refund is being issued (if that's not just a lie, I guess: unscrupulous businesses certainly claim a refund "is coming soon" to make you go away for a while).

Karen and her husband are being unreasonable. You have to clear a very high bar of obnoxiousness for a medical professional (especially a dentist) to fire you as a patient.

Yes, you do need some time to acclimate to them for some time and they're never gonna be as good as your birth teeth or implants. Think of it like a glass eye or prosthetic limb. You take time to adapt fully and even once you get there, it's impossible for it to be exactly the same.

OP and her husband are refusing to accept this which the dentist has 100% explained and demand impossible perfection.

If fixing it were possible, the dentist would do it because it'd mean more money and a satisfied patient.

Unscrupulous dentists (who definitely exist) don't really tend to lie about offering refunds; they mostly tell you you have problems that don't exist and then charge you for fixing them, like evil mechanics.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Yep. Dawn was professionally and socially punished for the crime of being cringe online, in a private facebook group that Sonya didn't have to join anyway.

The whole thing honestly feels like Sonya was insecure about Dawn's altruism (that line she sent about "What does Dawn expect us to do? DONATE OUR ORGANS?" yeah dummy that's exactly what she's hoping to inspire you soulless ghouls to do) and decided to tear Dawn down in order to make herself feel better. Dawn might've been annoying, but at the end of the day, she donated an organ that extended a stranger's life and went on to inspire a few others to do the same. All Sonya did was publish a mediocre short story.
Furthermore, the private facebook group Sonya created was specifically about her medical progress, not just "look at me, how great I am". So, yeah, "I'm having major surgery, it's for a good cause, but it hurts" isn't quite the same as "all gather and adore me". And, as you mentioned, Sonya didn't have to be on the Facebook group, was asked if she was sure she wanted to be in the group, and decided to stay so she could mock Dawn.

You can actually politely end a one-sided friendship, you don't have to pretend to keep it up while mocking the other person with your real friends. And the "white savior" narrative Sonya pasted on was bullshit. In the story, the protagonist visits the hospital room of the person she donated to, who turns out to be Asian-American, and is then dreadful about the whole thing. There's a mention of a "directed chain" in the story, which the thing in the story wasn't. A directed chain, in which Dawn participated, was "Person A volunteers to give a kidney. Person B gets the kidney; person B's non-matching donor gives a kidney to person C, who does match. Person C's non-matching donor ..." Dawn did not know the person to whom she donated, and the letter she wrote (something the kidney charity encourages) was written to that person whom she did not know. She couldn't white-savior because she had no way of knowing if anybody involved was POC.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
In the comments denture OP admits the husband wanted to be able to bite through chair legs and that he had previously worked as a carnival geek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

In the comments denture OP admits the husband wanted to be able to bite through chair legs and that he had previously worked as a carnival geek.

Lol dude watched Moonraker and thought "hell yeah I'm gonna be Jaws"