Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Grouse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yea nah is used in a whole bunch of english dialects, including mine

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

thalweg posted:

Not seeing a ton of stuff I'm vibing w/ lately so I'm gonna post some Abominable Charles Christopher, lmk if you want to keep seeing it or want it to gently caress off

The main story, such as it is, is intercut with a lot of random vignette / gag strips so I'll try to post a few at a time in a way that makes the story coherent to follow

Episode One

Glass Half Full

Grumbly in The Tumbly

Bee Sting of Defeat

A Nasty Bite

Henpecked

Vivol's Party

A Word From Our Sponsors

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
don't forget "yeah no yeah" and "no yeah no"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Carthag Tuek posted:

Interesting! I had no idea.
I suppose it is pretty useful.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Why do I feel that Pupkin is about to murder again?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Zil posted:

Why do I feel that Pupkin is about to murder again?
Why did you stop feeling like Pupkin was about to murder at any instant?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

[ominously] nose power

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm pretty sure he is!
No one else says "yeah, nah" (even though it’s a super useful phrase)

I can't believe you Aussies are trying to steal 'yeah, nah' from us Kiwis :colbert: aren't pavlova and Phar Lap enough for you?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Sleve McDichael posted:

I can't believe you Aussies are trying to steal 'yeah, nah' from us Kiwis :colbert: aren't pavlova and Phar Lap enough for you?

I'm trying to think of a snarky reply but to be honest, I was 10 before I knew where Footrat Flats was from, 20 when I knew about Sam Neill and 30 when John Clarke sunk in. I'm expecting several years from now to discover that "Melbourne" is actually te reo for "terrible weather" and kangaroos lay eggs comprising a third of their body mass.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Oct 23, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Found on an old hard drive.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Davethulhu posted:

now post rg2cents

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Davethulhu posted:

Lardroom

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, what comes after 34?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

The Farsons. Gary Larson really doesn't like drawing pointy hair or kids without glasses, so Lisa looks off and Maggie is horrifying. But larson really likes drawing those frilly couch cover things! Whatever they're called.

Antimacassars.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, what comes after 34?

Lol whoops

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Boba Pearl posted:

What do you think of this?

In a world where people only value you as much as what your parts can sell for, and money itself is the only thing that fuels magic, Marie a Sea Elf cursed to be born with legs, Taylor a Naiad Sorceress, Jaina a songstress Cat-kin, and their talking shape-shifting friend turned sword Blade embark on a dangerous quest to become the world’s best adventurers. Adventurers work for the global Empire of the Red Queen. Mercenaries who are above the laws of the land, but must give up their own rights to do so.

Marie, a woman who recently lost her mentor, teams up with a young sorceress named Taylor. Where most people have to use their money and their body to cast magic, Taylor is special. The rules of magic don’t apply to her as she pulls energy from the Aether itself. Hunted by the Protectorate Branch of the Adventurer’s League, and only one last job from getting enough to apply for an Adventuring License, Marie and Taylor are in a race against the many hounds nipping at their heels. The only thing that can protect them from their crimes is the Adventurer's League. Join them on their last job for the drug Syndicate the Red Claires. They’re dismantling a horrific drug lab, where the living and dead are harvested for what makes them special. An ignoble job where the poor are chummed. Turned into powerful Chems, so the powerful elite that hold the true reigns in this world can snort, smoke, inject, and consume the poor.

From several pages ago but yeah, this is the kind of blurb (if that's the right word) I was after to get a handle on things. And "money fuels magic" is a good hook for an opening line.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Akratic Method posted:

The dialogue here is making me wonder if the Oglaf guy is Australian. In my head I'm involuntarily reading "let's just rescue heaps of dogs, hey?" in my aussie friend's voice.

yep, both Trudy and Doug are Australian, and worked on 90's-00's indie comic Platinum Grit :eng101:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
God that is a blast from the past.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Last time on The Adventures of the Duck Avenger

the plots thicken

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
https://i.imgur.com/z0SgRiv.png

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd read about the whole Duck Avenger/Paperinik lore but hadn't seen much of it. Xadhoom is... somehow, not what I expect her to look like but also wasn't too surprised.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Is that from the zootopia abortion comic?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Is that from the zootopia abortion comic?

Yeah, it's goes on to be pro abortion with judy dating a vixen. It's weird.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That comic was drawn on commission apparently, and the artist was genuinely surprised at the reaction to it. I think it's just the result of some guy with money and brainworms.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd read about the whole Duck Avenger/Paperinik lore but hadn't seen much of it. Xadhoom is... somehow, not what I expect her to look like but also wasn't too surprised.

Just for context, the comic ran from 1997 to 2001. I think she’s supposed to have a late regular punk aesthetic that just happened to be incredibly cyberpunk.

There’s a later comic where the concept of e-mail is explained with the same pomp and gravity as all the technobabble bullshit which is sorta precious.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That comic was drawn on commission apparently, and the artist was genuinely surprised at the reaction to it. I think it's just the result of some guy with money and brainworms.

How
They mustve known they were onto something cursed when you string the words "Well-drawn Zootopia Abortion comic" together

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
If we never had the zootopia abortion comic we would never have gotten the Zootopia abortion comic Arby’s edit, so it’s impossible to say if it’s bad or not.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just for context, the comic ran from 1997 to 2001. I think she’s supposed to have a late regular punk aesthetic that just happened to be incredibly cyberpunk.

There’s a later comic where the concept of e-mail is explained with the same pomp and gravity as all the technobabble bullshit which is sorta precious.

Makes sense, she's pretty much a Dark Age antihero as much as a Disney tie-in will allow... which is actually an interesting potential dynamic, between a heavily motivated space blaster and an antihero who's the self-centered, grumpy Donald Duck who's using second-hand equipment he stumbled on and doesn't really entirely understand.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

The Big Lez show probably helped spread it around a bit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Would totally join the pussy gang over the merry men.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This person is on drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Snake Maze posted:

If we never had the zootopia abortion comic we would never have gotten the Zootopia abortion comic Arby’s edit, so it’s impossible to say if it’s bad or not.

:laffo: I never saw that before, that's awesome