Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Dorms is south

If that's true then why is it on the top of the map huh?

They really need to fix that broken compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Dorms is south

The exfil's gate is down!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
This game needs to go all-in on derpy scav load-outs and have a headset that's just wrestling ear guards.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Kikas posted:

They actually pay gun manufacturers for licensing tho

Have they mentioned this somewhere? I had read that at least in the US it is generally accepted that guns in videogames falls under first amendment rights, to the extent that EA no longer pursues gun licensing deals for e.g. Medal of Honor anymore. Would love any links/info related to this.

a slime fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 22, 2021

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Licensing and "having a mutually beneficial relationship" although legally distinct are functionally the same. Films have been doing it for decades, the gun manufacturers provide weapons for Hollywood armories with the intent of them appearing in films as free advertisements, and they provide consultants, demos and documentation to game companies with the same intent.
How much of this is going on with BSG? I have no idea, but I'm guessing that they have a relationship with Kalashnikov at the very least, and probably several of the accessory manufacturers who's products appear with such prominence.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The mod manufacturers would be insane to stop BGS. I'm sure more than a few purchases are directly due to Tarkov players inspired by the game.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Klean already did a few give-aways of actual gun mods (sights and whatnot), so they are def. on it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

skooma512 posted:

The mod manufacturers would be insane to stop BGS. I'm sure more than a few purchases are directly due to Tarkov players inspired by the game.

Counterpoint: a *lot* of the optics

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Anyone playing The Cycle: Frontier? I got a few hours in last night and had a blast. I was against voice comms in Tarkov, but it's been pretty hilarious in practice. Just getting yelled at by very stoned people. "YOU COOL BRO? WE COOL? I'M COOL."

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Escapefrom...utm_name=iossmf

Obviously reddit, so take it with a grain of salt. I didn't bother trying to log in and see if servers were actually down for a few hours. But looks like we're getting dailies?

Funny, I was telling a buddy last night I would play more if we had dailies.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Yes, dailies are in. Traders will have a green icon if they offer one of those tasks. They range from "survive/extract location x amount of times", to "kill x scavs/PMCs", to "find/craft and handover item x/y", and have a 24h countdown after accepting the task.

Reward seems to be 8k-11k EXP, money, and various items.

giZm fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 22, 2021

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The XP rewards are huge. These quests pay as much as Gunsmith 4, half of "Place Wifi Cameras for Skier" or more than "Run trough all the bunker exits on Reserve on one life and extract" for Prapor. The sellable rewards and roubles are laughable, but the XP will help low level players immensly.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 22, 2021

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019
The difficulty and rewards scale with level. Apparently they're supposed to get easier if you fail them, but I don't know if that's implemented or a future change.

For reference at lvl 35 mine are:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
at level 26 one of mine was to turn of Sanitars bag.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Today's update features MANY things not posted to the public:

These things were added to the User Interface of the game, it does NOT mean they are currently implemented:
Malfunction: Bolt jammed - added to game
Malfunction: Failure to eject
Malfunction: Bolt jammed

Type's of "Daily" Quests that were added:
Handover X item found in raid or crafted
Handover X item with X durability
Hanover X item with X to X durability (ie 5% to 20%)
Survive at X Location
Survive at ANY location
Eliminate USEC Operatives
Eliminate X (AI or PMC) to X body part from X distance on X map in X raid(s)
Eliminate Bear Operatives
Eliminate from a distance of X meters
Hit a body part from a distance of X meters
Eliminate Scavs X amount of times
Eliminate X (AI or PMC) with X weapon
Eliminate X (AI or PMC) to X Body Part (Head, Chest, Stomach, Left Arm, Right Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg)
Eliminate X Boss (all bosses are listed)

**THERE ARE 44 DAILY TASKS AND WE BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL DYNAMICALY CHANGE THE OBJECTIVE BASED OFF THE ABOVE INFORMATION**

Other updates:
Un-identified Boss "bossStormtrooper" listed in a message somewhere

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My first was Mechanic asking for five flat screwdrivers literally days after I put a lot of my surplus tools on the flea :orks:

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019

Shumagorath posted:

My first was Mechanic asking for five flat screwdrivers literally days after I put a lot of my surplus tools on the flea :orks:

That will learn you! HORDE EVERYTHING

BUY MORE JUNK BOXES

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I'm pretty confident they won't add it but, if they add scav dailies, that would be hilarious.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
After this weekend of trying to do UN quests while I can't buy the armor, I want next weekend to be called Lost Keys where everyone's keys are disabled and all inventory containers are locked shut.

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019

Shumagorath posted:

After this weekend of trying to do UN quests while I can't buy the armor, I want next weekend to be called Lost Keys where everyone's keys are disabled and all inventory containers are locked shut.

The Lubricated behind event; you can no longer carry secure containers, Items randomly fall out of your pockets, vests and backpack

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Finding it simply hilarious that a huge chunk of the community went to play the Cycle: Frontier beta and suddenly Tarkov has an oddly familiar daily quest system added

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Dailies had been planned for a good while now though, I don't think this has anything to do with the fickle community. Although I have to say, I do enjoy the decreased number of Shift-W chads these days.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

giZm posted:

Dailies had been planned for a good while now though, I don't think this has anything to do with the fickle community. Although I have to say, I do enjoy the decreased number of Shift-W chads these days.

Man I just started playing again and it's all Chad's running towards gunshots. I'm trying to do my customs tasks at the start and if it shoot any scavs the Chad's come barreling towards the area I shot from

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Customs goes through waves of being 24/7 Rock n' Roll. Do you have any quests that take you to Woods? Might be easier on a budget this late in the wipe (which I've heard rumours is coming early December).

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Shumagorath posted:

Customs goes through waves of being 24/7 Rock n' Roll. Do you have any quests that take you to Woods? Might be easier on a budget this late in the wipe (which I've heard rumours is coming early December).

Finished all my Woods stuff for now. Which is why I'm on customs. Customs used to be my favorite but it also used to be a little more rush to get the good loot and out instead of it having poo poo loot and the best loot is people to kill.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This game is horribly balanced for any sort of longevity. I really hope the gameplay loop at “release” is vastly different than it currently is.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

hello internet posted:

This game is horribly balanced for any sort of longevity. I really hope the gameplay loop at “release” is vastly different than it currently is.
My best guess is that wipes will become a proper system like Diablo ladder seasons.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You guys don't need to worry about it as soon as they try the open world, you have to actually go to the flea market on a map and traverse streets of tarkov in and out of a trip to labs people will abandon this poo poo in droves.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You guys don't need to worry about it as soon as they try the open world, you have to actually go to the flea market on a map and traverse streets of tarkov in and out of a trip to labs people will abandon this poo poo in droves.
The Western approach to Emercom but literally every time you want to buy something.

Yes I gave up my favourite AK tonight, why do you ask?? :orks:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
"You cannot mod a weapon in your hands"

I can't think of another place to mod a weapon?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
You hold the weapon in one foot, and use the tools with the other.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxyeIX8ccfM

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Man I have to stop rushing to get in game and clicking through the menus. I loaded into interchange, had my sight on a guys head running out of spawn,pulled the trigger and *click*. I forgot to load my mosin. The natural reaction is to push R right away, which was heard and got me blasted immediately. I messaged the guy afterwards and we had a good laugh, but a good reminder to prepare a bit more carefully.

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019
I wish it was Cultist-O-ween every day, fighting these guys is a blast. Even more fun with tagilla and killa sticking their noses in places too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dailies appear to give rep with the trader that gave it now and my god it’s beautiful.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That should be good news for anyone who took the dumb Sanitar quest.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

This game is hard as dicks. Why do I like playing this?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Sneaky Wombat posted:

This game is hard as dicks. Why do I like playing this?

Because failure has steep consequences (as far as video games go), and failure occurs often. That makes the victories more dopamine rich.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I have had my 2nd successful Scav run, and by successful I mean I lived.

I have only survived 1 raid on my PMC, with a 4 stack of work friends.

Something about the way this game works speaks to me...

sinburger posted:

Because failure has steep consequences (as far as video games go), and failure occurs often. That makes the victories more dopamine rich.

it's 100% this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Tarkov has a skill curve like skateboarding