Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I mean, respect tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
you can only talk about the nerd on nerd violence post if you post your favorite smash stage and it CANNOT BE FINAL DESTINATION

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

teen witch posted:

you can only talk about the nerd on nerd violence post if you post your favorite smash stage and it CANNOT BE FINAL DESTINATION

Practice Mode with controllable bots

*gets banned*

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

cumshitter posted:

In the comments denture OP admits the husband wanted to be able to bite through chair legs and that he had previously worked as a carnival geek.

I’d be pretty disappointed too if those were my expectations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Invisible Clergy posted:

Karen and her husband are being unreasonable. You have to clear a very high bar of obnoxiousness for a medical professional (especially a dentist) to fire you as a patient.

Yes, you do need some time to acclimate to them for some time and they're never gonna be as good as your birth teeth or implants. Think of it like a glass eye or prosthetic limb. You take time to adapt fully and even once you get there, it's impossible for it to be exactly the same.

OP and her husband are refusing to accept this which the dentist has 100% explained and demand impossible perfection.

If fixing it were possible, the dentist would do it because it'd mean more money and a satisfied patient.

Unscrupulous dentists (who definitely exist) don't really tend to lie about offering refunds; they mostly tell you you have problems that don't exist and then charge you for fixing them, like evil mechanics.

Yeah, but the part where they won't mount correctly sounds like a genuine problem. If they have the kind that snap in and they WON'T SNAP, that's unwearable. If he gags every 30 seconds, something needs adjusting or he'll never be able to get used to them.

Also if it's the kind that snap in between existing teeth, that still is a genuine problem if they won't do that.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 22, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Practice Mode with controllable bots

*gets banned*

I’ll see to a perma for this!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Woodchip posted:

I (34M) got a new haircut and now my (36F) wife hasn't spoke to me in 24 hours

wasn't there a user on here that went by the name of baby mullet?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

teen witch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it8bvHhqvwo

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

My beejohn is also named Torkbuzz!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Neighbor called the cops on my dog so I'm abusing a loophole in the local law

I would think the first thing to happen would be to go over and ask the neighbor "WTF, I picked it all up and cut your grass. I thought we were good?" And see what he says.

The kind of person who tells you that everything is cool, and accepts compensation from you for a resolved issue and then still snitches is probably some kind of psycho.

My pre-teen son got a neighbor's Trump sign and tore it in half, and got caught on their security camera doing it (they didn't know who he was though). They called the cops and I was able to make it all go away by having him apologize to them and buying them a new flag. When the cops came back to finish the paperwork charging my kid the Trump supporters told them it was all worked out and they (the cops) could just forget about it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Barudak posted:

I think thats more because guys try to masquerade with gals in shades, which, oh no and you won't believe how many men in the year 2021 keep trying to switch blades in front of them too.

What is this?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

spacetoaster posted:

When the cops came back to finish the paperwork charging my kid the Trump supporters told them it was all worked out and they (the cops) could just forget about it.

"Oh no buddy, this here's a hate crime."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

teen witch posted:

Hyrule, no question.

Come to the house of pain in the next 30s if you want an rear end kicking.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

teen witch posted:

Poké Floats, as i crave misery

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
My (28M) ex-wife (30F) can't stand how close our kids (6F, 3M) are with my boyfriend (25M)

quote:

(sorry this is so long and rambly, just don't know what to do and there are a million thought running through my head. TLDR at bottom)

Me (28M) and my ex (30F) wife have two kids together, we separated shortly after she became pregnant with our second and continued living together until she gave birth. We had already discussed that after the birth of our son we would get divorced, and we did.

Three years later, our son is now 3 and our daughter now 6. My wife has remarried and moved a few hours away, meaning I now have primary custody of our kids.

I’m bi (part of the reason we separated), and my current partner is a guy (25M). We’ve been dating for almost two years and three months into our relationship he met my little ones. he grew up with younger sisters so I guessed he would be good with kids but holy hell is he goods with kids. He’s been able to even help calm them down and convince them to eat or clean up their toys and stuff when I can’t. He moved in with me about four months ago bc of issues with his old roommate.

My kids love him, he picks them up from school and takes them out when I’m working. He’s not ‘dad’ but they really like him.

My ex came back to visit for a few weeks. She planned to take the kids out places, get stuff to eat, buy some toys and clothes with them and stuff. I cleared up our guest room for her and everything was fine until my bf came home, she knew I was dating him, fine with that, knew he was living here, less fine with that but didn’t bring it up. But she really didn’t like when our daughter ran up to him to greet him and ask about his day. He picked her up and started talking and laughing with her. And my ex looked super pissed.

I helped her bring her bags to the room and she locked the door, wanting to talk to me in private. She told me she didn’t like how close he was with the kids and that she wants me to tell him to step back, no more picking them up or buying them treats and stuff.

I told her no way, one he’s not doing anything wrong and two thanks to the hours of his job he’s around most of the day, and paying for other childcare would be way too expensive.

She started yelling that they are her kids too and she should get a say in who is around them. Despite the door being closed, she was loud enough that I caused our son to start crying. We rushed into the front room. My boyfriend had picked up our son and was bouncing him and calming him, he gave me a worried look as if to ask if everything ok.

My ex tried to grab our son yelling at my bf that he’s not their parents so he shouldn’t act like one with them. I told her to leave, go for a walk or something and calm down, she refused to leave without the kids so I just told her to go unpack.

I apologised to my bf, I had no idea she would react like that. We all went out for dinner that night (planned to welcome my ex) and the atmosphere was awful. When my kids got the menu they turned to my bf to help them read/order. He did and it was clear my ex didn’t like it. When our daughter couldn’t decide he helped her only for my ex to but in and suggest a different meal after she had decided. At one point my bf went to the bathroom, as soon as he was gone my ex made the kids move so he couldn’t sit next to them.

The breaking point was when my bf ordered a drink and she made a comment about not wanting an alcoholic around her kids. (Alcoholism is a sore spot for my bf) he excused himself, said bye to the kids and told me to stay with the kids, he was going home.

My bf didn’t go home, he called up one of his sisters and went round there for the night. I put the kids to bed and pulled my ex aside, telling her she needs to go, she can take the kids out tomorrow or something but she will not be spending another night in my house. She breaks down and tells me how things aren’t going well with her husband, she wants a kid but he’s doesn’t want to have one biologically.

These arguments have led to a dip in their sex life (I didn’t really need to know that) and she just feels like she’s being punished. She then says she had started to miss me and thought she could drive away my ‘new side piece’ (yes, she called my long term bf a side piece) but then she saw how well he had become part of my family, she got really sad and mad again.
Not once did she apologise, just trying to justify her actions.

I told her that she knew his stance on kids when they got married, that she was the one that divorced me for a bs reason, that she’s the one that’s in the wrong here and that she’s lucky I’m giving her tomorrow and not throwing her out right now.

So she’s now left, reluctantly and I went to pick up my boyfriend from his very protective and now pissed off sister. When I got home my phone started blowing up with calls and texts from my ex’s family, saying what I did was cruel and I shouldn’t punish the kids for ‘my bf’s and my ex’s husband’s action’. At that point, I just shut off my phone. I have no idea what to do anymore. I’m now worried about what my ex is gonna do and say when she has the kids. What the hell do I do?

(TLDR my ex-wife came to visit and can't stand how much our kids love my boyfriend, she yells, demands I make him stop bonding with them and almost injures our son getting him away from bf. we went out to dinner and she kept up this poo poo to the point where my bf left. told her to leave the next day and now I'm worried what will happen when she has the kids. also want to make up for this whole mess to my bf but don't know how)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

thotsky posted:

What is this?

Do you wear your sunglasses at night so you can, so you can

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

spacetoaster posted:

I would think the first thing to happen would be to go over and ask the neighbor "WTF, I picked it all up and cut your grass. I thought we were good?" And see what he says.

The kind of person who tells you that everything is cool, and accepts compensation from you for a resolved issue and then still snitches is probably some kind of psycho.
about it.

Yeah the neighbor is a loving rear end in a top hat for calling the cops after he got not only an apology and cleanup, but some makegood work done as recompense for a really incredibly minor problem. The OP then crosses over into being a dick as well by blasting sound all day erry day.

edit:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My (28M) ex-wife (30F) can't stand how close our kids (6F, 3M) are with my boyfriend (25M)

lmao get hosed lady, you reaped every last ounce of this and frankly I'm glad your current husband doesn't want to give you another acessory beloved child if this is how you act to someone they obviously really like

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 22, 2021

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Do you wear your sunglasses at night so you can, so you can

I can see the light that's right before my eyes

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

No one has mentioned the unhallowed earth that is Pac-Land.

That is where you truly go to suffer.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Neighbor called the cops on my dog so I'm abusing a loophole in the local law

Neighbour is the rear end in a top hat but OP needs to quit before he's charged with harassment. If he keeps doing what he's doing he's going to be made to stop and then the other guy has "won".

If he's determined to keep bugging the neighbour he should take up metal drumming or fixing up muscle car engines or some other hobby that's loud as poo poo but also has plausible deniability.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

DemoneeHo posted:

Poké Floats, as i crave misery
pokefloats legit owns so congratulations on making the Correct Choice

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
donald trump called me fat and then the minute he won the presidency he ordered a cheeseburger buffet for rough and hungry college athletes.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

wasn't there a user on here that went by the name of baby mullet?

do do, do do, doo doo doo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Play posted:

My last name also has the word cock in it. Was bullied a few times until I managed to turn it around and impress on my peers that it definitely just meant that I had a big one

“I know you think the name Grosscock is funny, but in German, “groß” means large :smug:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

“I know you think the name Grosscock is funny, but in German, “groß” means large :smug:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
AITA for asking another player in Dungeons & Dragons to change the name of their character because it goes against my religion?

quote:

I regularly play Dungeons & Dragons with a group of five, counting myself. There is the Dungeon Master and four players. I am friends with two other people outside D&D. With the other two, I have a friendly relationship that is limited to playing D&D. We've been playing for most of a year and have always gotten along.

I am Christian, and while my religion is very important to me, I do my best to be tolerant of other people and not to shove my religion down someone else's throat. I don't mention my religion to other people unless it comes up or they ask me. I can take jokes about my religion and personal beliefs, and do not consider myself uptight about it. I know that some Christians are very sensitive to parodies and the like, I either laugh or roll my eyes and move on. For example, while I avoid taking the Lord's name in vain, I don't really care if someone else does - it's their belief and choice.

Our group finished a short campaign and decided to start a new one, complete with new characters. We were all having fun making our characters, rolling, etc., until one of the players (we'll call him Ted) decided to name his character after the true, personal name of the Lord. If you don't know what that is, look up "The Tetragammon" or "HaShem" and you'll find out. I can't say it or type it here.

When I saw the name of Ted's character, I asked why he named it that, and he asked if I knew the true name of the Lord. I said I did, and said that the name offended me and asked him to change it. He laughed and said I was being too sensitive and that it was just a D&D character. I said that naming a character that goes against my religion and it was offensive to me, and I again asked him to change the name of the character.

The others got involved and after a few minutes of discussion, the others sided with Ted and told me to lighten up about it. One of them said that they didn't really care about Ted's character's name or my religion, but they wanted to get on with playing and that I needed to stop delaying the game. About a half hour later, we started playing, and for the rest of the night, I referred to Ted's character as "Ted's character," including when I was roleplaying and talking as my character. When I did that, the others rolled their eyes and the DM told me that this was stupid and shouldn't get in the way of roleplaying.

That was last week. Everyone else still thinks I'm in the wrong about this and making too big a deal of the whole thing. I don't want to cause trouble, but not only is it offensive to me for Ted to name his character that, my religion prohibits me from typing or saying the name of his character. AITA? Please help me figure out what to do. Other than this one incident, I've always thought Ted was a nice person, and we've gotten along fine.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

therobit posted:

AITA for asking another player in Dungeons & Dragons to change the name of their character because it goes against my religion?

It's Tetragrammaton and honestly gently caress off you stupid weenie, God doesn't care

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

therobit posted:

can't say the name of my God nor can anyone else but I can play this game with magic spells and demons.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
man this god guy sure has a lot of names. feel like I've heard of at least, like, 20

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Woodchip posted:

I (34M) got a new haircut and now my (36F) wife hasn't spoke to me in 24 hours

The MacGyver Mullet is BACK, baby!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sephiRoth IRA posted:

It's Tetragrammaton and honestly gently caress off you stupid weenie, God doesn't care

The Tetragammon sounds pretty scary NGL.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

pentyne posted:

can't say the name of my God nor can anyone else but I can play this game with magic spells and demons.

They only play Lawful Good Fighters (no spells!) When pressed for what deity their characters worships they go for the obvious Jesus standin, Ilmater.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I would have said the gimmick would get old 5 minutes into playing, but OP will make sure the laughs never stop.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

therobit posted:

lol isn't that explicitly a jewish observance

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have never met any Christians who give even one singular poo poo about the Tetragrammaton being typed or read out or whatever, and I've met some absolutely batshit ones.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh Ted is deliberately doing this to get a rise out of OP, that's obvious.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's four consonants with no vowels so I like Larry Gonick's version, Yahu-Wahu

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol isn't that explicitly a jewish observance

Might be Messianic or some other group that's weird about it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Alchenar posted:

Oh Ted is deliberately doing this to get a rise out of OP, that's obvious.

Which makes their "I'm not uptight about it" thing a pretty blatant lie, because well, there would be no reason to if they hadn't already proven themselves incredibly easy to wind up.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

My (30M) girlfriend's (24F) anime-geek friends (M29-34) drive me crazy and frankly, I want to beat them
I know this was a few pages ago but goddamn this one hits home. This man is an insufferable prick but I can’t help but sympathize to some extent because of my own weird relationship thing that’s eerily similar.

I started seeing this girl I used to work with last month right before I moved several states away. I was going through an extremely hard time at the beginning of the year and she noticed and asked if I’d like to come hang out outside of work even though we had always just been work friends. She is polyamorous and introduced me to her boyfriend, girlfriend, their roommate and his brother and girlfriend. Their little group pretty much adopted me at a time when I desperately needed companionship and I love all of them except her boyfriend. We have great intelligent conversation and a lot of laughs.

Now I’ve never considered myself a nerd. I do love sci-fi/fantasy and history but I’ve never defined myself by my nerdy pursuits, I’m into lots of poo poo that isn’t nerdy too. They are not this way. Their entire apartment is jam packed with anime, anime, and more anime. Their walls are decorated with Star Wars posters and various other nerd poo poo. I don’t judge anyone for what they’re into and what makes them happy, but I loving hate anime. I hate it so much. It’s about the only thing on the planet that makes me actively cringe. Fortunately they never tried to get me into anime after I made it clear that I hate it. I don’t judge them for their taste, but there are certain nerd mannerisms that some part of me cannot help but want to mock ruthlessly. Every time I hear a cutesy anime voice in the middle of a conversation it makes me want to gag and I die a little inside. It makes me want to stuff them in a locker and take their lunch money.

Her boyfriend though. Jesus Christ I hate this guy. He is an insufferable fedora neck beard type. He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and will talk as if he is an authority on all things, including topics that he clearly knows nothing about. For example, he briefly worked with us before we stared hanging out. His girlfriend got him the job and it was clear that it was her idea not his. On his first day she started cleaning the fryer. He loudly proclaims after fifteen minutes on the job “You’re doing that wrong.” He has never touched this fryer in his entire life. She has worked there for years. She told him off because he had no idea what he was talking about and he tried to argue with her. He was a terrible employee. Zero work ethic, standing around during rushes, etc. He didn’t last long and has not held a job since.

He builds plastic robots and proudly displays them in a giant glass trophy case. He buys obscenely expensive nerd collectors poo poo. It’s not that he collects them or enjoys these things that bothers me. It’s that he’s not actually buying them. His girlfriends buy them for him since he doesn’t work. They pay all the bills and expenses. As far as I can tell he doesn’t even do any of the house work although they claim he does. I was at work one day and he calls up his girlfriend. He says “The dog got into the garbage and he puked and poo poo all over the place. I just woke up and I can’t deal with this, my mental health is too poor this morning.”

She says that’s fine, she’ll clean it up when they she gets home. I was shocked. I know he’s manipulating these ladies. As far as I can tell his excuse for anything is that he’s too depressed. But I know he can work. I know he can clean up after his own goddamn dog. I know this because I’m also terribly depressed and I do both of these things myself no matter how much I’d rather just give up. And the worst part is I try and talk to her about this. She just says it upsets her and she’d rather not talk about it. I love her and care deeply for her and I know she’s smart enough to know on some level that he’s manipulating her and using her love against her. But she’s afraid to give him tough love because it might upset him. But she’s actively hurting him by enabling this useless sad sack routine.

I know it’s not my problem because their relationship is separate from our own, especially when I’m half the country away but it drives me up the wall. It doesn’t bother me that she fucks other people, it bothers me that she fucks that piece of poo poo. It bothers me even more that she doesn’t have the self respect to demand that he not be a piece of poo poo, because I know if she did he’d clean up his act right quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I thought it was Yahweh or YHWH or something weird lik that