Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
thanks, i have no idea what we're gonna do with it

we wanted a weekend war just to have fun and get new people some practice. wars are a huge part of the game and we want a lot of them to occur, win or lose, so 15 people, most of them not in fed, went and put RS into conflict yesterday afternoon. it was a fight just to have a fight, not a fight because we wanted RS

even with the new people we won in 8 minutes. johnnybob can hurt a backline a whole freaking lot

edit: I think part of green's problem tonight is that this is the first time they've really had 4+ wars in one evening, and they don't have the experience being on such a defensive yet. that poo poo's tough. green had to defend wars in CK and RS both at the same time, one against us and one against purple

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Outpost rush works now and is actually fun as gently caress? Seems like 300 coin and 250 azoth for a win and 300 coin 200 for a loss - both give a chest with 3x rolls that watermarks. The matches are pretty fast and the mode seems interesting enough with a balance of resource collection and domination style point control.

Pretty glitchy at times, seems like it has trouble rendering name tags for the enemy team if they are on your faction. Ov

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

causticBeet posted:

Outpost rush works now and is actually fun as gently caress? Seems like 300 coin and 250 azoth for a win and 300 coin 200 for a loss - both give a chest with 3x rolls that watermarks. The matches are pretty fast and the mode seems interesting enough with a balance of resource collection and domination style point control.

Pretty glitchy at times, seems like it has trouble rendering name tags for the enemy team if they are on your faction. Ov

Is it the same map everytime? Any variety?

Honestly asking

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Barreft posted:

Honestly asking

Same map every time

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dante posted:

Same map every time

K thanks

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Barreft posted:

Honestly asking

It’s been the same map for the 3 games I played, and it seems to be a unique area and not based on a zone map the way the wars are (not that I recognize at least)

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 23, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

lol rip, its disabled again

at least your character didnt get permanently stuck in it this time

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
The last match we had it was not properly displaying the Outpost Rush specific nameplates. So you just see a bunch of white names, some can kill you and some cannot :iiam:

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

causticBeet posted:

Outpost rush works now and is actually fun as gently caress?

Ad by Khad posted:

lol rip, its disabled again

Posts less than an hour apart.

quote:

This game is disabled

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Almost every hour, I am getting a pop up letting me know my house taxes are due within 24 hours.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

where is the notice telling you this is an attempt to collect a debt???

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this is you're 3rd and final warning to pay your property tax

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How does this thread keep delivering with meltdowns? and how is every single meltdown THE EXACT SAME?

Someone goes "this u?" [posts screenshots of someone being lovely in a chat]

Followed by the person exploding in the most cringy anger fueled posts where they double, triple, quadruple down on everything and act like they are a pureblood goon puppetmaster who is receiving nourishment from woke goon pretender tears and everyone played into their hands by calling them on being poo poo before they vanish beneath the pile of lmao lol.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

Almost every hour, I am getting a pop up letting me know my house taxes are due within 24 hours.

WE ARE TRYING TO REACH YOU CONCERNING YOUR HOUSE'S EXTENDED WARRAnty

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How does this thread keep delivering with meltdowns? and how is every single meltdown THE EXACT SAME?

the internet makes you stupid

20 years later, true as it's ever been

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
[15:17:42] [R] [80:Iserenityl:2]: hey men , u think i choice to move in lave ? the mobs push me in the loving lave.. so stop bugging me whit this

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Just attempted Depths in a PUG and spent an hour chain wiping on the first boss. Objectively it's probably not that hard with a competent group, but I'm of the opinion group content with mechanics like that shouldn't be required for a main quest... especially with their stupid tuning orb requirement. So you roll the dice and go in with a lovely group that can't complete it and lose the orb, money, time, repair parts AND lol you can't try it again sorry. Not really sure I want to, tbh that killed my desire to play with how miserable the whole experience was.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
The best part of that boss (and others) is that if you die die you might not get credit. You should persevere though just so you can see the next part of the main quest.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Just attempted Depths in a PUG and spent an hour chain wiping on the first boss. Objectively it's probably not that hard with a competent group, but I'm of the opinion group content with mechanics like that shouldn't be required for a main quest... especially with their stupid tuning orb requirement. So you roll the dice and go in with a lovely group that can't complete it and lose the orb, money, time, repair parts AND lol you can't try it again sorry. Not really sure I want to, tbh that killed my desire to play with how miserable the whole experience was.

Really? I did it yesterday with a pug and had a blast and enjoyed that we had to figure poo poo out.
We didn't wipe as much as you, I think we wiped 4 times on the first boss and twice on the last boss (2nd time only because someone got locked out). So that probably helps with the enjoyment.

I do agree the orb situation is dumb though, I don't see the point of those and also I remain of the opinion there should just be an "expedition finder" which could tighten up the level range for dungeons too. Like for the depths you will see level 40s looking for groups, but recommended level is 45 and all mobs are 45.

DaitoX fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 23, 2021

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
tried to do a pug depths today, our levels were 40, 40, 41, 47, and 47. Got the first boss down second try but after wiping twice on the last one we gave up because we just couldn't get the adds down before he would spawn new ones. seems pretty doable but I think my group was just under geared and underleveled

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There just aren't enough orchalcum spawns for the population of servers. They are depleted 24/7 now.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Dungeons should be open to all without an orb because doing dungeons is fun.

Orb should open secret loot rooms, enable hidden or secret bosses, unlock alternate paths, increase xp gained, and add additional loot rolls. No reason to arbitrarily lock dungeons behind stupid extra steps.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Gone Fashing posted:

tried to do a pug depths today, our levels were 40, 40, 41, 47, and 47. Got the first boss down second try but after wiping twice on the last one we gave up because we just couldn't get the adds down before he would spawn new ones. seems pretty doable but I think my group was just under geared and underleveled

yep 45+ for a pug grp

also lol. lmao 5 thread

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

vandalism posted:

Orb should open secret loot rooms, enable hidden or secret bosses, unlock alternate paths, increase xp gained, and add additional loot rolls. No reason to arbitrarily lock dungeons behind stupid extra steps.

Even worse when you realize that the major chest portals that they disabled, were the ones with the MATS to make more orbs. So not only do you have to use an orb to enter, but the very way to get the mats for them is closed to us at the moment. I suppose you could grind 35 portals and MAYBE get enough mats together for one orb in a week...

aTosser
May 3, 2020

Zotix posted:

There just aren't enough orchalcum spawns for the population of servers. They are depleted 24/7 now.

I still feel if you are PvP Flagged you should be able to boot people off of nodes. Everyone would have to flag when harvesting. Then it becomes a group activity for the company. "We need to protect our harvesters"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

aTosser posted:

I still feel if you are PvP Flagged you should be able to boot people off of nodes. Everyone would have to flag when harvesting. Then it becomes a group activity for the company. "We need to protect our harvesters"

Yep, pvp flag should allow you to push unflagged people off nodes, chests etc. Should be a nice perk for flagging.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zotix posted:

The ore is pennies on our server, I've only seen a couple nodes :smith:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
A lot of ideas in this thread, pretty good ones, to make things interesting. But I don't get the impression that's what Amazon Games was going for. I'm getting very strong vibes of "here's what we want people to do in our game," and then they just put systems in, taking it entirely for granted that people will engage in those systems precisely as the developers intended. "We'll put in dungeons, which we know people will want to run, then put in keys that are time-consuming to make. Therefore players will spend their time farming key materials!" It doesn't occur to them, even for a moment, that people simply won't engage with something they don't enjoy. Seems the people having the most fun are those who have found ways to enjoy the more subtle metagame opportunities rather than just blasting forward through the premade hurdles. It'll be interesting to see if AGS capitalizes on feedback and opens up the game, or leans into the Blizzard approach of putting people into a mechanical armlock to force engagement to match what they "envisioned."

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

aTosser posted:

100% need more incentives to flag for PvP. All I see now are solo level 60s running around in the 25 to 35 zones trying to find some low level to gank.

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

That Works posted:

Yep, pvp flag should allow you to push unflagged people off nodes, chests etc. Should be a nice perk for flagging.

i mean, that's just gonna get all the non-PVP people out of the game.

What % of players actually flag for open-world PVP.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I've fought so many animals with dodge mechanics in this game that when I finally come across pvp flagged I get really excited and then I'm like.. oh so you're just gonna stand there swinging and then eventually run? Alright

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eels posted:

Kind of a post hoc fallacy tho.

People dont flag for pvp as much because there is only a minor benefit for a major inconvenience (particularly if just doing solo questing / harvesting).

If pvp flagging allowed you to take precedence on harvests over non-flagged people, it'd make it more likely to be used, and give another reason for people actually wanting to pvp as competition for resources etc ramped up. Also gives you a way to gently caress with bots etc if you wanted.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

That Works posted:

People dont flag for pvp as much because there is only a minor benefit for a major inconvenience (particularly if just doing solo questing / harvesting).

If pvp flagging allowed you to take precedence on harvests over non-flagged people, it'd make it more likely to be used, and give another reason for people actually wanting to pvp as competition for resources etc ramped up. Also gives you a way to gently caress with bots etc if you wanted.

Let's take it a step further, ANY elite area post we'll say Restless. Should be auto flagged. With a caveat that for a given area, if you're faction is the minority in that area you get increased luck, attributes, dmg etc to scale. This way you have some means of fighting the zerg or getting increased drops due to your smaller group and higher risk.

HespoHusky
Oct 21, 2020

GOTTA PROTECT THOSE NIPS!

vandalism posted:

Absolutely this

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Eels posted:

I and a friend quit at 40 because there's no open world pvp so that % is probably very low now

Love the thread though and maybe it would be worth coming back later, but the pvp in this pvp centric game is really terrible and PVE does not change after 30 to compensate.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I always thought the "craft an orb" system for the dungeons was stupid. It seems like it's some kind of relic to encourage people to stay in the overworld for PvP, but then there's flagging and they don't incentivize world PvP enough to make me want to bother before I hit 60. Oh boy, like 10% more XP to get massacred by roving bands of people 30 levels higher than me that I have no chance to survive. Like, if they had kept the scaling so that lowbies stood a chance against higher level characters, I probably would actually flag most of the time.

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

That Works posted:

But there's also plenty of people who just don't like PvP. I enjoy this harvest and crafting game with PvE content. Not that they're catering to me specifically, but if they forced PvP I would just find a different game to play.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Eels posted:

But there's also plenty of people who just don't like PvP. I enjoy this harvest and crafting game with PvE content. Not that they're catering to me specifically, but if they forced PvP I would just find a different game to play.

It doesn't force PVP though, it would just mean if you were mining and someone who was flagged was also mining they could interrupt your node and take it. You'd have to go to another node. I wasn't arguing to let the PVPer kill anyone harvesting, just claim priorty if they were in the same place / time.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

That Works posted:

It doesn't force PVP though, it would just mean if you were mining and someone who was flagged was also mining they could interrupt your node and take it. You'd have to go to another node. I wasn't arguing to let the PVPer kill anyone harvesting, just claim priorty if they were in the same place / time.

That isnt close to pvp flagging though why call it that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

That isnt close to pvp flagging though why call it that

The person who is PVP flagged is the one that can push the unflagged one off of the node.