Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, it wasn't that Bucky's theory is completely without merit, he just got really intense about it, and shifted into "Well then debate me about it, then!" mode at any pushback whatsoever. The thread getting 50 posts overnight but it turning out to just be a Bucky-involved slapfight was a regular occurrence.

It doesn't help that the qanon machine has sockpuppets on this forum distracting from the plot and gaslighting those savvy to it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Blue Moonlight posted:

You know in school when the teacher would fly through a topic, assign homework on it, and shrug it off by saying “it’s only three questions”? And the homework is three questions, but each of them has sub questions A through K? And then when you go and look at the topic in the book, parts of the solution are “left as an exercise for the reader”?

To me, that’s what Bucky’s posting felt like. I didn’t mind the contributions to the discussion, but they were so frequently presented in such a circuitous and obtuse way that they were almost impossible to engage with and discuss productively.

Honestly, I think it was a result of Bucky actually having a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of the minutiae of the subject matter, but assuming everyone else shared that.

Fair.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ron Watkins has a super power, let him explain it to you:

https://twitter.com/thebrebroom/status/1451692286543233024?s=21

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

Uglycat posted:

It doesn't help that the qanon machine has sockpuppets on this forum distracting from the plot and gaslighting those savvy to it.

The internet is a dark place and this thread has seen some bad posts but I don't feel there's been stuff like that here. I don't feel right letting this pass without comment. Post receipts if you like, or don't, I just felt it responsible to dissent here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elea posted:

Fake news sites sounding like a mix between a Q post and Trump tweet.

I refuse to believe this isn't written by a chatbot

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Uglycat posted:

[citation loving needed]

Seriously there may well be/have been some q believers on the forums - it's on the internet after all - but the claim that there is a "qanon machine" (as a unitary entity planning and directing the Q ecosystem) is a pretty big stretch, and claiming that said machine is engaging in an active disinfo campaign on a dead gay comedy forum is the kind of extraordinary claim that requires truly extraordinary evidence, and I don't mean "This poster didn't immediately accept my contention that there is a qanon machine".

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Uglycat is a Bucky alt. How's that for some Q poo poo.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Uglycat isn’t a Bucky alt he’s just on the same level of crazy. He’s the guy who lives in a broken down school bus eating cat meat.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

..You mean cat food, right?

Right? :ohdear:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I do not.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Captain Monkey posted:

Uglycat isn’t a Bucky alt he’s just on the same level of crazy. He’s the guy who lives in a broken down school bus eating cat meat.

Who's had his brained turned to basketball by following wanon from inception forward.

Let uglycat be a forewarning of the conspiratorial thinking of an anti conspiracy big wig

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

gently caress my covers blown

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There probably aren’t that many q people here because a lot of the trump people quit posting early in his term. You can’t find any today, but there were people crowing about him winning in 2016.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
most of them got banned for racism good riddance i hope most of them are dead of the roni

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
there aren't a lot of q people on this forum for the same reason bucky keeps getting bounced - this forum is hostile to conspiracy theorists in all their forms, whether they are pro- or anti-q

bucky is a full on conspiracy theorist, just one who is trying to pick apart and dismantle q instead of promote it. their level of wall of text argumentation and cork-string theorizing is otherwise the exact same

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Please get therapy instead of threadshitting about Nazi space guns giving progressives headaches

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So this is happening today

https://twitter.com/neurodruid/status/1455352927930003456?s=20

I’m sure they’ll have some excuse when yet another of their predictions doesn’t come true

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

So this is happening today

https://twitter.com/neurodruid/status/1455352927930003456?s=20

I’m sure they’ll have some excuse when yet another of their predictions doesn’t come true

The Q Universe's obsession with the Kennedy family is the most boomer-brained poo poo. No one younger than 60 gives a gently caress about the Kennedys.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Q Universe's obsession with the Kennedy family is the most boomer-brained poo poo. No one younger than 60 gives a gently caress about the Kennedys.

One of them was the speaker at my graduation ceremony and he basically just bitched about how he didn't have a bestselling book for like an hour and how he was going to write a book. Or maybe he had already written a book or something I don't really and didn't really give a poo poo, I really was like uh we just spent 4 years and some of are now like 50-100k in debt and you want to talk about your book that does or doesn't exist?

*edit* it was one of the ones that aren't actually named Kennedy, like Maria Shriver's kid or something.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The "grassy 'noel'" bit makes me think they're using voice to text and saying "gnoll" like the fantasy creature.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The appointed time has come. Still no sign of the people who've been dead for decades...

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1455589122261803010

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

The appointed time has come. Still no sign of the people who've been dead for decades...

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1455589122261803010

Y'know if it weren't for Covid and the fact that they're basically a group of self-brainwashed death cultists, I'd be happy to see so many people getting together as a community.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

faking your death, hiding for decades, and then finally choosing to reveal yourself to the world... at the location where your dad famously had his brains splattered all over the car seats

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Blotto_Otter posted:

faking your death, hiding for decades, and then finally choosing to reveal yourself to the world... at the location where your dad famously had his brains splattered all over the car seats

All to own the libs.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If any of those dead celebrities they think are coming back were still alive these exact same Q people would be calling them adrenochrome-eating pedophiles.

Especially JFK (Sr and Jr)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I expect a new compilation of salty Qs butthurt over JFK sr/jr not returning this week. :colbert:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It would rule if Andy Kaufman popped back up and revealed that he was Q.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

It would rule if Andy Kaufman popped back up and revealed that he was Q.

…dressed as Tony Clifton.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Y'know if it weren't for Covid and the fact that they're basically a group of self-brainwashed death cultists, I'd be happy to see so many people getting together as a community.

Because of Covid, if it were only possible to deny them hospital care, I'd be glad to see a group of self-brainwashed death cultists gather.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

If any of those dead celebrities they think are coming back were still alive these exact same Q people would be calling them adrenochrome-eating pedophiles.

Especially JFK (Sr and Jr)

JFK had Addison's Disease, a literal lack of adrenaline - if he were president today they'd be pointing to him as the period that the elite harvest children for adrenochrome (obviously that's not the treatment for Addison's but it's not like that would stop them)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
JFK Sr. has been delayed because of an accident he suffered during a street race with Abe Lincoln.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I guess the most difficult thing for me to grasp is... how is it even possible to believe in all this? If it’s mental illness, then we have, what... several million mentally ill people in this country?

I know the answer is undoubtably “yes, we do” but it’s just so difficult for me to accept.

https://twitter.com/michaeldamianw/status/1455629371511820288?s=21

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Also the Q talking point when this is all over will be that of course they knew JFK wasn't actually going to appear and usher in a Trump presidency, that's all fake news by the lying mainstream media, it was just a gathering to show how many people still support Trump and that he's still overwhelmingly popular.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

MrMojok posted:

If it’s mental illness, then we have, what... several million mentally ill people in this country?

I mean, per NIMH "An estimated 19.4 million adults in the United States had at least one major depressive episode [in 2019]" - you bundle all mental illness together and we've got a gently caress of a lot more than several million. Like, I know the Q stuff is a lot more visible, but people are broadly not doing very well in a lot of ways.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

MrMojok posted:

I guess the most difficult thing for me to grasp is... how is it even possible to believe in all this? If it’s mental illness, then we have, what... several million mentally ill people in this country?

Have you heard of uhh (hunting around for a dumb thing that millions of people believe in but which won't offend too many people if this is pointed out) uhhh astrology?

You can get a lot of people to believe in stupid stuff like divination, books with talking animals in them, etc if you're careful to keep them all unfalsifiable. You can even get people to believe in stuff that's empirically proven false (all those psychics, televangelist faith healers, cold readers, etc). Turns out thinking with a lump of fat that evolved to evade predators on the serengeti has some drawbacks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

JFK couldn't make it. Said something about having to battle a mummy with his best friend, Elvis.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

One of them was the speaker at my graduation ceremony and he basically just bitched about how he didn't have a bestselling book for like an hour and how he was going to write a book. Or maybe he had already written a book or something I don't really and didn't really give a poo poo, I really was like uh we just spent 4 years and some of are now like 50-100k in debt and you want to talk about your book that does or doesn't exist?

*edit* it was one of the ones that aren't actually named Kennedy, like Maria Shriver's kid or something.

Michael Skakel?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Michael Skakel?

Actually I think I’m wrong and I was Joseph Patrick Kennedy III

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

Actually I think I’m wrong and I was Joseph Patrick Kennedy III

No I’m wrong twice it was Mark K Shriver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I don’t know what’s more disturbed. That they think a 104 year old person who hasn’t been president for 59 years is going to show up and just make Trump president again as though that’s a rational thing that can happen or that he will be there with his wife who had a very famous second marriage and had quite clearly moved on with her life?

The world ended in 1962 and all their brains just broke.