Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Somebody needs to tell the Silvio actor to rein it back like 80% though. He felt like a complete parody and it really stood out against everybody else.

Edit: Obviously this is in regards to the Many Saints of Newark actor, not Steven Van Zandt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Prequel series will be bad, prequels always bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Flesnolk posted:

Prequel series will be bad, prequels always bad

Maybe it's the exception that proves the rule but Better Call Saul is loving awesome.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what if they just rolled with it and its look whos talking but its christopher aware hes in hell watching tony fail to catch a football

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Hi I never watched the show but did Tony die at the end?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Crankit posted:

Yeah probably.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crankit posted:

Emphatically maybe!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Crankit posted:

By the end Tony was already dead

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

By the end Tony was already dead

If you watch carefully, you'll notice no one ever directly interacts with Tony the entire show!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Crankit posted:

Long answer is maybe with a perhaps, short answer is possibly with a considering.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the real answer is it doesn’t matter as the plot was resolved a scene earlier

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

At the end you probably don't even hear anything. Everything just goes black and you see the words "Co-Producer GIANNA MARIA SMART".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

stev posted:

At the end you probably don't even hear anything. Everything just goes black and you see the words "Co-Producer GIANNA MARIA SMART".

Killed by a co producer.

Really brings everything full circle

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Crankit posted:

He gets fuckin lit up Tony Montana style

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Crankit posted:

Tony never existed to begin with (because its a TV show)

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Crankit posted:

The series just kind of starts over at the beginning, only this time Tony has the Horn of Eld.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

banned from Starbucks posted:

He gets fuckin lit up Tony Montana style

On the contrary, Tony picked up groceries after they left and was mad there was no orange juice with only some pulp.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

On the contrary, Tony picked up groceries after they left and was mad there was no orange juice with only some pulp.

"Say ello to my lil friend!" as he sprays pulp into the eyes of the feds as they burst through his french doors, his spare hand on the N64 controller

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm beginning to think no one watched it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robobot posted:

The series just kind of starts over at the beginning, only this time Tony has the Horn of Eld.

Man that Wire/Sopranos cross-promotion HBO forced on Chase and Simon went weird places.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger posted:

In Many Saints of Newark, Young Silvio’s going to be as bald as old man Artie and young Artie’s going to have long hair like a headbanger.

I almost called it. Young Artie had a full head of hair, but he wasn’t a long haired hippie, they missed out on a great opportunity.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Robobot posted:

Tony, you've forgotten the face of your father. OH!

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Tony, you've forgotten the face of your father. OH!

"You killed the billy-bumbler? What'd you do that for? What, was it barking?"

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
We are a Ka-tet, and even in this hosed up day and age that means somethin'!

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People can like what they like but Breaking Bad is better than The Sopranos ?

I’m sorry but Breaking Bad is Good, it has not aged as well as The Sopranos. It’s stupid to say “haha show about smart meth man” just as it’s stupid to say “lol all the characters on the Sopranos are one dimensional stereotypes!”

And then making GBS threads on The Wire ?!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think Walter White had it worse than Tony for people thinking he was admirable.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I man they were both fundamentally good people just trying to provide for their families.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Really the comparison is the fan reaction to Carmella vs the fan reaction to Skyler.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Robobot posted:

I'm ready for the Mighty Max revival.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sopranos and Breaking Bad had the "People are complex, their actions and words don't just happen in a vacuum"

It's not like Skyler said gently caress it I'm just gonna suck Ted's dick because I'm a horrible harpy but many fans to this day, well . ..

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

I man they were both fundamentally good people just trying to provide for their families.

it's so painful seeing these guys having to Gary Cooper their way through life, always playing the sad clown

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

PerilPastry posted:

it's so painful seeing these guys having to Gary Cooper their way through life, always playing the sad clown

He was gay, Gary Cooper?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Shitpeas posted:

He was gay, Gary Cooper?

NO!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"He was gay, Gary Cooper?" is one of the best line readings from Imperioli in the entire show. Up there with "I DID-ENT"

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

"He was gay, Gary Cooper?" is one of the best line readings from Imperioli in the entire show. Up there with "I DID-ENT"

I’ve always been partial to “Don’t they have medicine they take, these assholes?”

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've always got a kick out of:

"Why do you always talk like a hoo-ah?"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"I want a fuckin' answer. What's so funny you fuckin' parade float?"

Tony and Christopher were terrible when they were trying to be funny, but then they'd accidentally be hilarious when they were irritated or angry.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"Both of 'em?"

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
METEOR ! METEOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I must be loyal to my capo