Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Gaz-L posted:

Wait 6 months until Orym's lost a limb and wakes with night terrors about the lich who murdered his birth family that he'd repressed the memory of.

He's also secretly in love with his boss but knows nothing can ever happen because she's the Voice of the Tempest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

HoboTech posted:

So this feels like exactly what I was hoping to happen. It's a new place that doesn't just feel like "somewhere in Europe but with goblins"

I think one thing that's gonna bug me, which bugged me in the furniture battle, but also bugged me in the Aeor part of S2, is that no matter what Matt describes the miniature buildings are still going to be ye olde medieval stuff.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

Edit - Also I have to ask - did anybody else get a vibe from Ashton that he's like.... a teenager? Maybe it was just how often he was swearing and his general appearance but he read to me as someone quite young pretending to be older by acting tough.

He definitely gives off that vibe to me, but then again Talisen kind of feels like that half the time anyway. He was just Cad for so long it was slightly subuded. :v:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Weren't there hints that Orym was sent away from the Ashari for a reason during EXU?

The biggest thing suggesting bertrand isn't staying (to me) is that he's higher level than than everyone else. It could just be that he doesn't level as much as everyone else, but it still looks out of place

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Bertrand also seems to be filling the very NPC-esque role of "Hey come meet this guy I know, he might have a quest." That's what's giving me the feeling he might not be sticking around.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

With the exception of Imogen and Orym (:geno:), the rest of the cast feels more like one-shot characters than long term PCs. Curious to see how they'll develop over a full campaign.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Bertrand's Wearing a Vox Machina pin in his art. Fucker's working for someone.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Bertrand's Wearing a Vox Machina pin in his art. Fucker's working for someone.

Well, he is technically a member. Went into battle alongside them and all that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My guess is at some point Orym is gonna name drop Keyleth to Bertrand.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Honestly Fearne was my favorite character of EXU so I'm 100% on board with having her here. Ashley was really able to channel this sort of Minnesota Nice with a really hard edge. I think there's some interesting places she can take the character.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hulk Smash! posted:

With the exception of Imogen and Orym (:geno:), the rest of the cast feels more like one-shot characters than long term PCs. Curious to see how they'll develop over a full campaign.

Excepting Fresh Cut Grass, I don't really see that. Laudna is no more exotic than Fjord or Yasha were in C2. Ashton's just the party Barbarian (because Crit Role ALWAYS has a Barbarian for some reason) with Tal playing him like a punk teenager. And none of the EXU holdover characters are that unusual, really.

Fresh Cut Grass is the only one who stands out, but hell, if anyone's going to make an oddball character like that work, it's going to be Sam "I'm doing this voice for the next two years motherfuckers!" Riegel.

That said, Bert is the one who's probably getting swapped out sooner or later. Being two levels higher for one thing, and the character not really seeming up to full time adventuring anymore for another.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Fearne has really turned me around on Ashley, she was my least favorite before but Fearne is just great. I feel like Ashley is much more active in things while playing her or something.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I think she said somewhere that Fearne was based partly on her mother. Presumably, that gives her a lot to draw on. Agreed that she plays that niceness with an edge of tension really well.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Another reason to think Bertrand isn't staying is that Travis didn't bother to update the gold he spent on his tablet.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

C3 character theory below.

So, theory time: Laudna is a Dhampir, who was sired by Silas long ago - who is her Patron as an Undead Warlock - and she feeds off psychic energy from Imogen in a symbiotic relationship. Imogen gets some reprieve from her psychic abilities being always on and Laudna gets to feed. Also explains the Sorc level for Laudna.

Right? Right?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Hey Paracaidas, if I won something (and I'm not sure I did) you can give it to HulkSmash! (because of the seating thing) I only did it for a lark and have no intention of changing my av in the forseeable. I love you though.

Hulk Smash! posted:

That's very nice of you but I was going to say something similar. Please give the cert to the next person. I don't need it. Just wanted to take part in the pre-show fun.
This is the poo poo people mean when they talk about how toxic critters are. Someone selflessly offers prizes and you just turn them down? Because you were participaring as community fun and not for personal gain? The worst! :v:

That's very generous of both of you. With that said, I do have another thought: If anyone is willing to design a banner ad (150kb max, 468x60) for the Animated Series thread that we'll clearly be making when that drops, I'll happily repurpose lemonadesweetheart's prize (and any of the other prizes that remain unclaimed) to putting that in the forums rotation for late Jan/early Feb.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I just figured Bertram was the inciting incident to kick off the plot. He's gonna get killed in the upcoming fight, but his last words will be to "Find X" or something like that.
Travis' actual character will get introduced in the search for X and we're off to the races. Or he's out for a few weeks with something else, and then they introduce him.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

seaborgium posted:

I just figured Bertram was the inciting incident to kick off the plot. He's gonna get killed in the upcoming fight, but his last words will be to "Find X" or something like that.
Travis' actual character will get introduced in the search for X and we're off to the races. Or he's out for a few weeks with something else, and then they introduce him.

If you're going to kill a PC, now's the time to do it, before anyone can cast Revivify and while they're way too poor to pay a higher level Cleric for Raise Dead.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Matt missed his chance to include an animated door with the rest of the furniture. I guess he didn't want a total party wipe in episode 1.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
It'd be pretty lame to introduce the BBEG in episode 1 two campaigns in a row

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Ah, there’s the other shoe: https://twitter.com/Superdillin/status/1451891006329208841

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I hope Robbie is main cast now. He was fantastic in EXU and was quick to add to anything going on, knew when to stand out on his own, and knew when to let others do their thing.

Paracaidas posted:

This is the poo poo people mean when they talk about how toxic critters are. Someone selflessly offers prizes and you just turn them down? Because you were participaring as community fun and not for personal gain? The worst! :v:

Jokes on them, I upgraded their accounts the max I can anyway. Take THAT, selflessness!

Do you want an Avatar, on me, for running the contest?

seaborgium posted:

He did add a -3 to his death saves right off the bat, so if he goes down he's dead right away. (If his rapier works the standard way it does)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Part of me wishes they split the cast up into smaller groups that take turns or something every week. 8 people is a big party

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I'm always amazed by the speed and quality of the fan art after an episode. First time ever to see these characters and there's already high-quality paintings and cosplay...

Athanatos posted:

Jokes on them, I upgraded their accounts the max I can anyway. Take THAT, selflessness!
If you included me in that, I'm pretty sure that I was already maxed out but thank you!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pussy Quipped posted:

Part of me wishes they split the cast up into smaller groups that take turns or something every week. 8 people is a big party

Sidequest arcs DMed by Aabria, make it happen!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Also weaponized phosgene smells like that. So if anything comes up that gives WW1 vibes I'm gonna worry about what the little robbit is capable of :ohdear:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Pussy Quipped posted:

Vox Machina was 8 people originally, it wasn't that bad (at least not for that reason).

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Vando posted:

Sidequest arcs DMed by Aabria, make it happen!

If they're taking every last Thursday off and the EXU cast is already playing a part, this feels very likely.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I figured Sam chose 'Fresh Cut Grass' because it's one of those tongue twisters, just to gently caress with everyone.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Absolutely a murderbot in healbot’s clothing.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh for sure, he's giving off a lot of creepy vibes. There's the "I went into Stasis and when I woke up, everyone was dead!" and then taking souvenirs/mementos of everyone.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Gonna laff if FCG turns out to be the robot version of Corporal Nobby Nobbs.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Matt’s version might be different, but I’m pretty sure warforged still have awareness of their surroundings when they do their stasis thing.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Keru posted:

Oh for sure, he's giving off a lot of creepy vibes. There's the "I went into Stasis and when I woke up, everyone was dead!" and then taking souvenirs/mementos of everyone.

And Ashton qualified it with "Very dead" which can be read in more than a few ways

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

What if Travis is just always the NPC du-jour? Full time player but taking the burden off Matt and letting Travis do his acting thing without a full character attachment…

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Just checked out Earth Genasi and it looks like Ashton gets a use of Pass Without Trace per long rest. That might be the only use of it in the party? So this isn't the stealthiest party, but there might still be room for clutch moves.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Cheston posted:

Just checked out Earth Genasi and it looks like Ashton gets a use of Pass Without Trace per long rest. That might be the only use of it in the party? So this isn't the stealthiest party, but there might still be room for clutch moves.

Fearne is a druid. They can be pretty stealthy.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Plus we don't know if Bert is Travis' final form yet.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I know it's likely it isn't but I really hope it is, old man fighters is a pretty fun trope and I enjoyed Travis' take on it. I'm not sure why Matt didn't force the levels to be the same even if it was a temporary role for Travis and in a way I kinda wish he just left him as the level he was in the original one shot. I just want something like the Cohen the Barbarian from discworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Athanatos posted:

Wow! I hope whoever made fun of the admin for participating feels like a real dick right now!:v: also thanks but I'm good, browse avs off anyway.

In the meantime, E1 up on youtube today with Lex and Lax tonight, Liam running the ESO #sponcon finale tomorrow, and E2 Thursday!

quote:

Programming Schedule
Please note that these broadcasts are only scheduled for the times listed below.

#EverythingIsContent – Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood
Monday, October 25h at 4pm Pacific on Twitch – VOD on YouTube Wednesday, October 27th

Twinnies Liam O’Brien and Laura Bailey return as Lex and Lax for their final playthrough of Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood, sponsored by our friends at Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios.

Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Part 3 – The Golden Goose
Tuesday, October 26th at 7pm Pacific on Twitch and YouTube – Rebroadcasts Wednesday, October 27th at 12am Pacific and 9am Pacific on Twitch – VOD on YouTube Thursday, October 28th – Podcast on Tuesday, November 2nd

Game Master Liam O’Brien runs an adventure inspired by Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood for our very own Laura Bailey, Sam Riegel, Taliesin Jaffe, and special guests Aabria Iyengar and Michelle Nguyen Bradley! This is the third and final installment of our Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood-inspired adventures, sponsored by our friends at Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios.

Critical Role Campaign 3, Episode 2
Thursday, October 28th at 7pm Pacific on Twitch and YouTube – Rebroadcasts Friday, October 29th at 12am Pacific and 9am Pacific on Twitch – VOD on YouTube Monday, November 1st – Podcast on Thursday, November 4th

Our freshly formed group continue their adventures.

If you missed the Campaign 3 premiere, it’ll be available on YouTube later today or in podcast form Thursday, October 28th.