Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

RoboRodent posted:

It was a male doctor, so yeah, essentially.

He told me to just take Advil and I'd be fine. I was not.

Pretty sure the doctor gave Wanda Sykes loving advil after she had a double mastectomy. So loving nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Bee posted:

Was there ever an update to Timothy?

this isn't what u want but judging by your username this is what u need:

AITA (21F) For Destroying My Sister’s (26F) Bee Colony?

quote:

Throwaway because the last thing I want is more drama during quarantine.

So sorry if I mess up any bee terminology. I’m not a beekeeper, annnnd my sister’s hobby-turned-obsession has put me off basically for a lifetime.

It all started when the shelter-in-place came down in my state. I didn’t want to stay confined to a dorm, and since my sister has a house, I was happy to crash with her when she offered.

Here’s where it gets messy.

My sister is a beekeeper as a “hobby.” It’s never bothered me before. But when coronavirus started spreading in our city, my sister started to get paranoid. Not paranoid about OUR health, mind you, but the health of her *bee colony.*

First she was afraid that predatory animals might come in and disrupt her bee colony to get the honey (I guess they’re getting bolder with less people outside).

Then it got weirder. She started telling me that she was worried her bees might get COVID. She said that the virus started in bats, so who was to say it wouldn’t infect her bees? I thought she was joking at first, but it became clear that she wasn’t.

That’s when she started talking about bringing her bee colony INSIDE the house. More specifically, MY BATHROOM. She asked me if I would be comfortable not using the guest bathroom and using her bathroom instead… because bees.

Like any reasonable person, I told her hell no. It sounded terrifying to have a room filled with bees attached to where I was sleeping. Especially because there’s no evidence to suggest that her bees are in any danger in the first place?? If I had known I was going to be rooming with a literal bee colony, I NEVER would’ve left my dorm in the first place.

Besides, why couldn’t she keep them in HER bathroom?

She then brought me netting to drape over my bed (she called this a “compromise”), and removed the shower door to make space for the bee colony (yes, seriously). I started to panic, of course. I felt like my only option was to somehow get rid of the bees before they moved into the bathroom.

So a few nights ago I went and knocked over the hive house/box thing with a broom and then ran like HELL. I figured I could blame it on one of the animals. And at least by knocking down her hive, they would scatter and go someplace else rather than being killed.

Well, she figured out it was me. She said that if it had been an animal, the animal would’ve tried to take the honey and rifled through the hive… instead it was untouched. So she can logic her way through that, but still thinks bees can get COVID. Okay.

Now she won’t speak to me. Worse, she emailed (EMAILED!) to tell me that I have to find someplace else to stay, AND I have to pay for the damage to the hive, and she CC’d my dad and stepmom on the email.

The entire family is now furious with me.

I get that what I did wasn’t exactly nice, but AITA?

tl;dr I destroyed my sister’s bee colony because she wanted to keep it in my bathroom, and now everyone in my family is pissed.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Bee posted:

I sort of remember one where they tried to gift her her own mouse and she had a meltdown, could have been a different story though all these fuckin things blend in to one after a while

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Definitely reads like the parents enabled the addict sister at the very least & neglected the older sister's needs. They literally knew the older one would be pissed after so many years of mistreatment but chose not to address it other than "let's exclude her so she won't cause issues". Parents are absolutely the assholes here for letting it go that far, you can tell with the sparse details they're leaving a LOT out.

There's a lot missing, and I don't trust the details in the story either.

quote:

In context, the things she did whilst an addict were really bad. I’m talking ruining family reunions, causing arguments around the house, the works.

This is not really bad. This is not what addicts do. This is what boring, sheltered people come up with when they are trying to make someone sound bad.

quote:

She went on and on until Joan was on the ground in tears. Her makeup was ruined, no one was there to fix it, and the wedding was ruined. Joan walked down the aisle still crying.

Coincidentally, every woman at a wedding simultaneously forgot to bring their makeup with them.

I have no idea what is going on here, but I'm going to guess that anyone who holds onto a grudge for 10+ years is probably the real psycho.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Batterypowered7 posted:

* Doctor gets to the part of the chart that says "ovary", nods sagely, and marks the check box next to the word "hysterical" *

Just lol that the chart's that detailed.

Probably just "gender: male _ hysterical _"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

blatman posted:

this isn't what u want but judging by your username this is what u need:

Man, the Wicker Man remake sure is a trip. Thanks for the post!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for confiscating my daughter's fanfiction?

The fandom was Sherlock.
I love . . . not so much fan fiction itself, but the idea of fan fiction. Not only because it allows people to take control of popular culture from massive conglomerates, but because it gives people a space to explore things about themselves in a safe environment.

Also when it's bad it's fascinating. Like a written version of The Room or something.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Dongsturm posted:

I have no idea what is going on here, but I'm going to guess that anyone who holds onto a grudge for 10+ years is probably the real psycho.

If the addict is the golden child and the older sister was told to just suck it up for most of her life, that kind of problem only festers.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for no longer letting boyfriend eat what I cook after he rated my food infront of my family?

quote:

So sorry if formatting is bad bc I'm on mobile.

My (25) boyfriend Jerry (31) has a culinary art diploma. He works 2 jobs related to his field 1 as a cheft in a restaurant and 2 as a cooking constructor. We've been dating for almost 16 months now btw. I had no real experience in cooking but he encouraged me to learn and helped my skills improve so much even though he has a habit of rating every meal I cook which I find a bit rude for example.. "X meal gets 7/10 or Y meal gets 8,3/10 or even Z meal would've gotten 9/10 if the sauce wasn't so salty etc. I didn't feel great with him rating my food nomatter the score but he says he's helping me improve so..

My family came over to visit and I wanted to cook their favorite meals. Jerry sat with my parents and chatted til food was ready. He started eating and kept making comments about my choice of meals. Once he put his fork down he cleared his throat and literally started rating every dish I made by giving me 7/10 for this, 4,8/10 for this and 6/10 for this. My family were so confused and I was floored I felt awful as he kept giving advice on how to improve my "score" next time. He kept a straight face while doing. It was awkward just awkward the entire evening.

We had a huge argument after my family left and I told Jerry that he acted poorly and embarrassed me when he started rating my food infront of family. I said to him that I won't have him eat what I cook anymore. He said I was overreacting and claimed what he was was doing is just constructive criticizm and I shouldn't take it personal since the he's just used to rating his students work. I said I wasn't his dang student and he wasn't Gordan Ramsey to be heavily putting my efforts down infront of family. He got offonded and said my reaction was way over the top since he was just giving constructive criticism in order for me to make progress and said he was trying to help and that "Gordon Ramsey" comment was totally uncalled for and just a low blow to his abilities as a respectable Cheft with a respectable career. He then asked what made me think it was okay to come at him like that over few ratings. He stated he was hurt and went to stay with a friend for the night probably expecting an apology from me. AIAT?

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

If the addict is the golden child and the older sister was told to just suck it up for most of her life, that kind of problem only festers.

I'm not buying it. The golden child doesn't get forced to go to her sister's wedding while sick, she gets to stay at home with ice-cream. The golden child is the one who gets to order her sister to leave the house, even when the sister is extremely ill.

Also, the younger sister stood still and took the abuse from the older sister until she collapsed. That's not what the golden child does, that's what a lifelong victim does. The golden child calls for Mommy and Mommy comes running.

All the signs are pointing to the older sister being the golden child who bullies her sick sister (addict or otherwise), skips college and mooches off her parents for the next 15 years.

That doesn't match with the older sister being kicked out of the house. The whole story is bullshit and the bits don't line up, I hope the totally real sisters show up in the comments and add some details and drama.

Also, she clearly wasn't an addict.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Piell posted:

AITA for no longer letting boyfriend eat what I cook after he rated my food infront of my family?

Any good teacher worth their salt knows that criticism is only valuable if it encourages the student, rather than belittle and discourage.

Also at a certain age, you have to learn that unasked for criticism, no matter how 'constructive', is never a good idea.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But he's a Cheft, that's what they do

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Piell posted:

i'm also a cooking constructor

give me a minute to finish this post, i'm almost done baking a house (the crust is load bearing)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Piell posted:

This woman commited the ultimate sin of making a man feel bad therefore she is clearly the rear end in a top hat.

I want to know why the proud chef isn't cooking the meals.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Another classic.

My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words

quote:

throwaway because he uses reddit and also because this is kind of embarrassing?

tl;dr - my boyfriend won't stop speaking in a stupid "tough guy" italian american accent and is starting to make up fake italian-sounding words. i'm really annoyed / worried if this might be a red flag

Okay to preface this, I love my boyfriend and he is a super sweet, nice, smart guy that I feel lucky to have but his behavior lately is freaking me out and makes me worried for the future.

My boyfriend loves movies, especially mob movies. He has all of the Sopranos DVDs at his place and I'm pretty sure he still watches them that way. That's fine, obviously you can watch and enjoy whatever you want. But last week he saw "The Irishman" with some friends and since then he will NOT stop talking in like a fake stereotypical mobster accent. We were in an uber the night after going out to dinner and admittedly the driver was going a little fast but my boyfriend kept muttering things like "Who's this loving guy, huh? Dale Earnhardt Jr over here" and shouting "HO!" as we took corners. He would NOT shut up and even gave the driver a one-star review saying it was about "respect."

Everyone has their quirks, I get it, and they can be what makes someone special. At first it was even kind of cute / funny but I just can't really understand this shift all of a sudden. It's been a week and he continues to make asides in this voice and when he gets drunk he speaks in made up Italian. Like we were having desert at my sister's and he came up to me and said "Hey, ma, I gotta get home and hit the drippini." I'm the DD (I don't drink) so I asked him why he wants to leave and what a drippini is ??? His response was "Ya know, like a shower." Drippini is NOT a word! In ANY language! He also never called me "ma" before ever and now he does it almost all the time. I feel crazy, like is this going to be a permanent feature of his personality now?

I know this sounds incredibly stupid compared to some of other serious issues on here but I am just really nervous about what this means about his personality / mental health. He really is a sweet loving guy with a wonderful family and we have a lot in common but just like, I don't even know how to begin to approach this. I want to tell him off and be like why do you keep doing this voice can you please stop. We don't live together so thankfully it's not a constant thing but like, what if we did and it was?? Is this the kind of thing you just deal with when its someone you love?

EDIT: I just want to add that he's NOT italian at all either so im also worried people will get offended when we're out or something

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

blatman posted:

I am glad this story ends in the final bathroom battle with the protagonist successfully defending against the Covid bees that want to steal her sister's honey. Though the author probably needs to do a multiple editorial pass on her internal monologue or she'll be stuck printing substandard Goosebumps sequels for rest of her life.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Another classic.

My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words

A+ Drippini

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Bee posted:

Hard to post to Reddit when you've been stuffed and set on the shelf

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Self on the Shelf

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

I want to know why the proud chef isn't cooking the meals.

You'd think the opportunity to show off to your girlfriend's family and make yourself look awesome would be appealing, but apparently not.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Doesn't matter what I(26M) do, my father in law(50M) just doesn't respect me or like me.

quote:

My wife (25F) Jules and I married 3 years ago and have 2 babies (4F & 3M) however we've known each other since we were 16 because our younger brothers (both 23) met at a math program and became best friends.

My dad is a bodybuilder and so, my brother and I've always been close to him in that aspect, lifting, running and training with him, we are in good shape and thanks to him my brother and I have pretty good bodies, I mention this because apparently is the only reason my FIL doesn't seem to accept me.

Jules and I began to date in my senior year of high school, she's a smart, loving and caring girl, she's also very beautiful in every aspect I can think of, and is dream came true to me. Ever since she introduced me to their family my FIL took a dislike in me, at first he said that he didn't trust me, that I was young and a player boy who was soon to go to university and ''he knew'' how men like me were, that I'll probably cheat on Jules or hurt her heart with all the attention I seemed to like. He never thought that we'd last this longer and openly gave me ''a year or so'' to leave his daughter because I was probably that kind of rear end in a top hat. Jules used to fight him a lot in this, always defending me and telling him to stay out of our business because she loved me, trusted me and that this act of macho dad didn't fit him.

Every visit to her house was awful, her brother and mom liked me very much and were kind to me, but her dad always tried to test me by making me do work around the house with him and laughed me when I didn't know what to do, asked me about things he considered ''acceptable'' for a man, challenged to do hard work against some of his friends and straight out called me ''pretty boy'' in front of everyone just because of my body. I never considered leaving Jules, but I did eventually ask her to let me pass from her family gathering unless it was really necessary for me to attend and she said yes. But when she got pregnant with our baby her dad turned this disliking into disapproval, he said that I ruined her daughter's life because I couldn't keep my poo poo in my pants and demanded that I marry her in the spot, I guess that was it for Jules and she kicked him out of the room and cut him off for about 8-9 months until he came back on his knees apologizing to her.

I've tried so hard during all these years to have a proper relationship with him, I've proved that Jules is not someone temporary and that I'm 100% committed to her but he doesn't seem to care, for him I'm still the 17 year old his daughter brought to the house. She has told me to let go, that she doesn't care what her dad thinks of me because she adores me but I don't know, I guess I just want him to like me for her and our kids, but I don't know how and I need help, should I approach this in a different way or just let it go?

My (39m) girlfriend (36f) absolutely will not allow others their turn to speak when we are drinking and it's starting to ruin our relationship.

quote:

want to start by saying we generally have an enjoyable relationship. We have like to go on fun adventures and we are pretty cute together when we are having a good time. When we are sober, she has normal conversations and gives others their turn to speak. However, as soon as she gets a few drinks in her, she will only let myself or any other person get literally 3 to 5 words in and she immediately starts talking over them, usually about herself and usually about something random like an instagram story she just read. This has happened many, many times and it makes me not want to drink with her or bring her around my friends. It has reached the point where I will just walk away from her or out of the room with the person I am trying to talk to so we can have an actual conversation without her completely derailing the conversation to something about her when it could literally have nothing to do with her. A lot of the times, she will cut someone off and just ramble with no point. For example, we met a couple at a brewery and she started to get sauced. The guy we just met starts to say "So, when I lived in New York..." BOOM! She cuts him off "I've lived in New York for 10 years. You have idea about New York. That's my city! I lived in Brooklyn" Etc etc etc she goes on and on. The guy NEVER got to finish his sentence about what he was trying to say until she went to the bathroom and I asked him to finish. His story was about teaching math to high school students and his methods of engaging with them which I actually found to be pretty interesting, but she just wouldnt let him get the words out. It is extremely frustrating and even embarrassing when I introduce her to one of my friends and she just starts talking and talking over them without letting them finish a sentence. I've tried talking to her sober about this and her response is always the same: "I have ADD and it gets worse when I drink." When I asked her while she was drunk why she does it, she says "I already know what people are going to say and they need to hurry up and say it or Im going to talk." I believe this is just a matter of poor etiquette but she seems to be completely helpless to this ADD quality while drinking. I've also asked her to try to work on it. I've told her to count to 5 in her head when someone else is talking just to let them get their sentence out. None of this has worked and it's getting to the point where I don't want to drink with her or introduce her to my friends when we are drinking. She doesn't want to be left out when I drink with my friends but I am just not having fun when she does this and she does it every drat time. Lastly, just so ya'll know Im not just being a jackass, I've heard several of her friends complain about the exact same thing and their solution is simply to ignore her until she stops talking. That works a little but I really don't want to have to behave like that when I'm introducing her to someone knew or in a group setting like that. Anyone have any suggestions other than just not drinking with her or to stop bringing her to social engagements where alcohol is present?

TL;DR: Girlfriend will not let other people talk at all when intoxicated.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Woodchip posted:

Doesn't matter what I(26M) do, my father in law(50M) just doesn't respect me or like me.

My (39m) girlfriend (36f) absolutely will not allow others their turn to speak when we are drinking and it's starting to ruin our relationship.

Ah "I already know what people are gonna say" interruptor, aka the "I've literally never internalized the concept of projection" interruptor.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Hell no I wouldn't drink with someone more than like twice of them doing that before I refused to drink with them anymore.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Woodchip posted:

I wish this one had everybody's race.

Alternatively the dad is a closeted gay man and is upset his daughter is dating his ideal man so he tries to break them up so he doesn't have that temptation around anymore.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

I wish this one had everybody's race.

Alternatively the dad is a closeted gay man and is upset his daughter is dating his ideal man so he tries to break them up so he doesn't have that temptation around anymore.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Ah "I already know what people are gonna say" interruptor, aka the "I've literally never internalized the concept of projection" interruptor.

I’m prone to this too (working on it!), but I’m usually right :smug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT: it reminds me of the guy whose wife cheated and he stayed married and raised that child as his own until they were 18, then walked right out the door.

Do you have a link to this one O_o

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Woodchip posted:

Probably a trowel and a bucket of Quikrete cement should do the trick

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I’m prone to this too (working on it!), but I’m usually right :smug:

Absolutely! You never hear otherwise

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Dear goonerinos,

I'm looking for a story that I think was posted in the previous thread:
  1. OP's flatmate gets pregnant
  2. OP starts looking for a new place to stay because she doesn't want to live in the same tiny flat as a new mother and a crying infant
  3. Pregnant flatmate finds out about this and freaks the gently caress out because she was expecting OP to not only stick around and continue contributing a share of the rent, but to help raise her child
IIRC they weren't in a relationship or even close friends, it was the whole "single female = free babysitter" fallacy writ large.

Can anybody help me out? I won't think less of you if you can't. I will totally think less of you

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

aardwolf posted:

Dear goonerinos,

I'm looking for a story that I think was posted in the previous thread:
  1. OP's flatmate gets pregnant
  2. OP starts looking for a new place to stay because she doesn't want to live in the same tiny flat as a new mother and a crying infant
  3. Pregnant flatmate finds out about this and freaks the gently caress out because she was expecting OP to not only stick around and continue contributing a share of the rent, but to help raise her child
IIRC they weren't in a relationship or even close friends, it was the whole "single female = free babysitter" fallacy writ large.

Can anybody help me out? I won't think less of you if you can't. I will totally think less of you
This one?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for intentionally blindsiding my pregnant roommate to avoid a confrontation?

I have been living with my roommate, Holly, for almost 1.5 years.

Holly wasn't a good roommate. I was doing most of the chores. I didn't like her much but she seemed to think that I was a really good friend of hers. Anytime I tried to talk to her, she would either deflect or give excuses. She told me once that it was my fault because I do it better than her and she is now not used to doing chores.

6 months ago, she told me that she got pregnant.

I was covering half of her rent too because she didn't have any money. I wanted to ask her to move out but again, she would say something, or give excuses or start crying and I would back off.

Few months later, situation is got worse for her. Quit her job. Couldn't find another. We were speaking one day and she told me how lucky she felt having a friend like me. She thanked me for being so nice about the rent and the food and she also told me she is not feeling scared about being a single mom as I would be there to help her.

I freaked out hard. Helping out a person when they are in a spot is one thing. But it was clear that she was expecting me to help her even after the baby was born. I didn't want that.

Another month passed by. I was making plans to leave. Me and my friend found an apartment to share.

On Sept 3, when she wasn't at home, I moved all my things to my new apartment. Since most of the things outside her room was mine, the apartment was pretty bare when I left.

I called my landlord and informed him that I won't be renewing my lease which was ending at the end of Sept. He promised to return my security deposit in full at the end of the month. After that I left a message to Holly that I have moved out and she has to talk to the landlord about her situation from next month.

To be clear, I paid my share of the rent for this month to the landlord and told him to ask Holly about the rest and about making a new lease/new security deposit.

I refused to attend anymore calls from her. Bottom line is I left a 8-9(?) months pregnant woman who was depending on me for many things (like rent, food etc) on her own during a pandemic while she was jobless.

She had left me multiple voicemails and telling me how I should have talked to her and at least given a heads up instead of just moving out. She told me that she is struggling a lot and she is about to give birth soon and that I need to help her. She is saying that it's lovely of me to help her so much and then abandon her. She told me that she wants to meet me and explain things. She thinks that talking to her would make me move back.

I refused to respond. All my friends have conflicted opinions.

Some think I could have just talked to her and resolved it. Some think that I should have at least given her a heads up. Some think I should move back in. Many think that it's not my fault at all.

Again, she has one month to figure things out with the landlord before the lease ends. I didn't talk to her because it never worked in the past and I didn't wanna be guilt tripped out of moving.

Here for unbiased opinions. AITA?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for canceling in an appointment that was made for me without my consent?

quote:

So, I've been seeing this guy for about a month. It seemed like he was taking things really fast, so I asked him to scale back. He respected my boundaries and things were going really ok. Today he had a "surprise" planned for me. So I said okay, that's cool. Surprises are nice. For some insight on the situation, I lost my glasses and have been without them for a while. My surprise ended up being an appointment at the optometrist. I told him I don't have the money for it, but he said he'd pay for it and would collect payments from me every paycheck. I told him that it isn't something I'm really looking into doing right now and that I wanted to leave. He kinda fought me on it, but we finally left. I said something like "I hope I don't seem like a dick for declining, I know you just wanted to help but I can do this on my own." He seemed really upset about it and gave a half assed apology that included something like "I can't believe I'm apologizing for trying to help." This is when I got really angry. He explained that the reason it was a surprise was that he knew I'd decline and if we were already there, I wouldn't want to back out as much. I found that to be really manipulative and I told him that. The thing that upset me was that I was trying to be subjective and understand that he believed what he was doing for me was kind. But it felt a lot like he was trying to take advantage of my understanding and make me feel bad for saying I didn't want the appointment. AITA?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Piell posted:

Kruge yelling "GET OUT OF THERE" dot avi

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Piell posted:

Surpise! I got you a loan that leaves you indebted to me! Wait, why are you not excited and turning it down? Some people are so ungrateful...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Surprise you owe me money, but you can pay me back in sex too!

What a douchecanoe.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Sadly I think they changed the name of the brand of cheese named Coon.

At the risk of continuing a days-old derail, they're calling it Cheer now. Same packaging, same branding, just with the word "Cheer" in place of "Coon".

Yes, people were mad about it.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Piell posted:

How do you get an appointment with an optometrist on such short notice? When I had to renew my prescription recently, literally everybody, even the Walmart and the lens crafters, were booked 2+ months out.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Thanks for that, but I'm pretty sure it's not the post I was thinking of - which brings up the scary prospect that this kind of thing has happened multiple times :tinfoil:

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

You should at least say something ahead of time, IMO. Definitely don't take the pregnant woman on as your burden but ethically you should probably give her heads up that you're leaving even if it's going to make things bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

nvidiagouge posted:

You should at least say something ahead of time, IMO. Definitely don't take the pregnant woman on as your burden but ethically you should probably give her heads up that you're leaving even if it's going to make things bad.

I think OP is in the clear, they'd tried communicating many times to no avail. You can't say "go talk again but make them listen this time". Also she did tell the lady, completely unmistakeably, that she needed to make other arrangements via moving out. She paid her share of the rent for a place she didn't even live in, leaving the pregnant woman a month to act. She left the place in good condition with the woman staying having the option to renew the lease, find a roommate, move out, whatever.

Yes, leaving a late-pregnant woman in the lurch is wrong, but there are mitigating factors for OP like "wasn't her child" and "wasn't in a relationship or even close friendship with the pregnant party" and "pregnant woman wasn't contributing anything even before she gave birth".