Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if he is looking for understanding New England would be a bizarre choice

Despite Kraft’s and Belichick’s very well known Trump opinions Bennet has only ever been complementary to the entire organization since retiring. A large part of that might be how, ironically, Kraft was one of a couple owners who defended the players kneeling in the chaotic league meetings in 2017 after Trump attacked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

In training camp, there were "rumors" from Bakers camp that he wasn't necessarily looking to be at the top of the market with a super long deal like Allen. So I think a 4 year, $40 per deal is absolutely on the table.

no starting QB would take that deal

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Despite Kraft’s and Belichick’s very well known Trump opinions Bennet has only ever been complementary to the entire organization since retiring. A large part of that might be how, ironically, Kraft was one of a couple owners who defended the players kneeling in the chaotic league meetings in 2017 after Trump attacked them.

I mean his complaints was about fans not the org

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

They may come due someday but Jesus the Saints have been at it for a decade? And that’s an eternity in sports

They kept rolling it for Brees via Loomis’ magic touch but this year and really next year are the two where they’re going to feel it. They’re already 50 million over the cap for 2022; they’ll surely restructure and move stuff around to blunt that but it’s still going to have to dramatically affect what they can do in FA and trying to sign their own guys.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There's more at the link, not just the initial tweet. Sounds like everyone Martellus Bennett meets is an rear end in a top hat.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Sour Diesel posted:

Tannehill took a WAY below market deal. And if we're talking about Baker being in that tier... Besides, I'm just saying what the rumors were. Not speculating on what he'd do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Lots of panthers fans are excited they’re finally getting to see Christensen start at LT.

https://twitter.com/daringantt/status/1451966206588690438?s=21

This is going to be an ugly game.

Panthers are going to run the ball 45 times.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean his complaints was about fans not the org

The fans own the org.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I for one am amazed that a fanbase that dresses in hunting gear for games could be racist

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fans own the org.

I can’t tell if your serious

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

They kept rolling it for Brees via Loomis’ magic touch but this year and really next year are the two where they’re going to feel it. They’re already 50 million over the cap for 2022; they’ll surely restructure and move stuff around to blunt that but it’s still going to have to dramatically affect what they can do in FA and trying to sign their own guys.

This year was supposed to be the year the bill finally came due and while they definitely aren’t a great team they aren’t a disaster either, and a lot of that can be traced back to not having a QB that’s worth a poo poo.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Browns would be crazy to get rid of Baker, this is the best they've played since the Kelly Holcomb playoff push.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IIRC Belichick turned down Trump's medal of freedom w/ a fairly genuine statement:
"One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country that I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award.”

Maybe he just didn't like being used for political capital but the words don't seem empty.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Are you serious lol? He totally wanted that medal and had to be convinced the optics world be terrible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sour Diesel posted:

why not?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I like football

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And I don't care who knows it. You know who you are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

All the Packer fans replying to him in the comments proving him right.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Woozie66 posted:

In training camp, there were "rumors" from Bakers camp that he wasn't necessarily looking to be at the top of the market with a super long deal like Allen. So I think a 4 year, $40 per deal is absolutely on the table.

Baker is currently the 14th ranked QB in the NFL (this will almost assuredly drop after SA2K's next update) and another team would snap him up in a heartbeat

Lions, WFT, Miami, Denver

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Baker is currently the 14th ranked QB in the NFL (this will almost assuredly drop after SA2K's next update) and another team would snap him up in a heartbeat

Lions, WFT, Miami, Denver

too many off the field issues to be qb in Miami

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Maybe Baker can bring some OTs

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins would not pay Baker 40 mil a year I'm fairly certain.

Maybe they would cause they're a terrible org but I really hope not.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Replace Baker Mayfield with Jared Goff and it’s 2018 all over again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud why the avatar change to the Football Fan, dolphins haven’t traded for Watson yet.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The jags game was reason enough.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes ahead of the curve. Bracing for when we lose to the Jets and really cements how pathetic we are

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hes ahead of the curve. Bracing for when we lose to the Jets and really cements how pathetic we are

Next weekend Florida plays Georgia and Miami plays @ Buffalo :gonk:

been thinking about trying to go find Lloyd Christmas on the Appalachian trail

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Buffalo might just murder Tua on the field via DE sandwich. That’d allow me to move on in peace.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Mystic Stylez posted:

This baffles me because the Ravens are by far one of the most competent organizations in the NFL all around but every year they absolutely have lots of cap woes

If you have a good roster and you're winning that's not cap woes that's correctly using your cap. You don't get a handicap in the super bowl for being under. Not being up to the cap is usually just being cheap like the bengals pre marvin lewis

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buffalo might just murder Tua on the field via DE sandwich. That’d allow me to move on in peace.
And Tua too (because of his dad)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am Tua

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

don't know

Sorry I guess this whole thing is between me and Jon Gruden

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
keeping a record of who likes football. gonna sell it to the darkweb.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

too many off the field issues to be qb in Miami

What off the field issues does Baker have besides the Cheesecake Factory blowjob that died down after 13 mins?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s a joke about them probably getting Watson

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Phobeste posted:

If you have a good roster and you're winning that's not cap woes that's correctly using your cap. You don't get a handicap in the super bowl for being under. Not being up to the cap is usually just being cheap like the bengals pre marvin lewis

This makes sense, thanks. It's just that at times it seems like they are always losing more good players in FA than other teams but that's probably a skewed perspective and how things work when you have plenty of good players

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What off the field issues does Baker have besides the Cheesecake Factory blowjob that died down after 13 mins?

lacks suddenness and escapability

but yeah it's a joke about how we're gonna get Watson

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Magicpants posted:

keeping a record of who likes football. gonna sell it to the darkweb.
Jags fans

marked safe from this post

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DariusLikewise posted:

If you take the Ravens for example, the only 3 teams that held them under 100 yards rushing in the last two years have been the Colts, Chiefs(2020) and Steelers(2020). The Steelers are the only team that played in their base defense for the majority of the game. The Colts ran a Nickel/Big Nickel split and the Chiefs were almost all Big Nickel.

The Ravens are a bad example though because they've completely dominated the ground game regardless of what you play against them since Lamar took over and it can't really be attributed to what personnel or scheme you are using against them.

The Steelers are specifically constructed to match up vs the Ravens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

AndrewP posted:

why not?

baker won a playoff game and his agent would probably hammer that point even if baker sucks