Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenementFunster posted:

yeah just catching up with all the dumb loving posts in this thread

wassup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kaedric posted:

Brutalism is a 'style' of architecture, essentially big blocky dull-looking buildings

I think Freeway Park looks pretty cool tbh

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

whatever you think about brutalist exteriors -- I think they look good, especially more modern takes which feature a lot more raw wood and greenery -- it kicks rear end living in concrete construction. Way more quiet and energy efficient, fewer things need replacing and take less maintenance, etc. Also they can go up faster than stick or metal frame equivalents (depending on a lot of factors), and can be way more environmentally friendly to construct (most isn't ofc because it's cheaper to make concrete that pollutes more). There are reasons that when the Russians and Chinese needed to house a shitload of people as quickly as possible they build a lot of concrete buildings, and if we get sustainable cities before the oceans boil they're going to ultra high density and be made of relatively clean concrete

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

sustainable cities

lol

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yeah I understand the concept is completely lost on you, but unfortunately that's the way its gotta go unless you want to kill literally billions of the poorest and least white people so you and your dumbass friends can live in fish camps long enough to die from dysentery

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

unless you want to kill literally billions of the poorest and least white people

they've already said they extremely do

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

yeah I understand the concept is completely lost on you, but unfortunately that's the way its gotta go unless you want to kill literally billions of the poorest and least white people so you and your dumbass friends can live in fish camps long enough to die from dysentery

the poorest/least white people aren't the ones hanging out in big gross unsustainable concentrations of wealth

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

my man are you seriously suggesting that poor people don't live in cities?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pnac attack posted:

the poorest/least white people aren't the ones hanging out in big gross unsustainable concentrations of wealth

lmao what the gently caress

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

my man are you seriously suggesting that poor people don't live in cities?

there are poor people everywhere. where do you think the poorest one is

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

what dumbass point are you trying to make? beyond like uncontacted tribes (who will be hosed by climate disaster) where in the world is there someone who won't die of starvation or disease when we dismantle civilizational infrastructure so 300,000 north americans can live out an incredibly idiotic anarchoprimitivist fantasy?

like what do you think happens to the millions of people in addis ababa if we decide global supply infrastructure is fascist? you can't support 4 million people worth of fish camps in ethiopia bud

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
nothing would change at all for any of the people still living full subsistence right now today. it's super dumb to me how you bring race into literally everything but most of em aren't white either

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pnac attack posted:

nothing would change at all for any of the people still living full subsistence right now today. it's super dumb to me how you bring race into literally everything but most of em aren't white either

wtf

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

whats up guys, i'm just chilling living a fully self sustained life free from global trade here in the slums of hyderabad, india

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
how many people in the world do you think are living on subsistence? like ablke to provide their own food?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

listen, it's easy, once we destroy all state infrastructure the millions of people living in the favelas in rio will simply walk into the infinite jungle and begin to live perfectly sustainable existences in perfect harmony with nature

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

how many people in the world do you think are living on subsistence? like ablke to provide their own food?

exactly as many people as there should be total

pulling numbers completely out of my rear end of people i've met it seems like 5/1000, if that's close to avg like 40 mil? more than i would've guessed tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

lmao

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

listen, it's easy, once we destroy all state infrastructure the millions of people living in the favelas in rio will simply walk into the infinite jungle and begin to live perfectly sustainable existences in perfect harmony with nature

instead of dismantling anything we should build more and eat the rest of the planet to feed more and more people. this has been going great so far and will definitely end well

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

pnac attack posted:

holy poo poo gently caress off lmao

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
everyone just needs to live in a city, guys! it's sooo much more *efficient*

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

that's right boys it's real rear end malthusian posting hours!!!!!

the biggest threat to our planet is the overly fertile sex-manical brown savage. it's unfortunate but billions of them must die if I am to live in the woods without the freakin' government breathing down my neck

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

that's right boys it's real rear end malthusian posting hours!!!!!

the biggest threat to our planet is the overly fertile sex-manical brown savage. it's unfortunate but billions of them must die if I am to live in the woods without the freakin' government breathing down my neck

again super weird racial focus from you dude. you have *clearly* never been to fish camp

i <3 savagery, these hot takes are against industrialization

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i just read every pnac post as if it's coming from this guy:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
good god my man, just.... stop

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Jeep posted:

i just read every pnac post as if it's coming from this guy:

a meme is a contagious thought and you are sick

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pnac attack posted:

a meme is a contagious thought and you are sick

turn youre monitor on

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Anarchists: you have *clearly* never been to a fish camp

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

pnac attack posted:

again super weird racial focus from you dude. you have *clearly* never been to fish camp

i <3 savagery, these hot takes are against industrialization

pnac I have no idea how to explain to you that literally billions, a number so large that it is beyond real human comprehension, of people with just as much of a right to live as you have -- who happen to be some of the poorest and least white -- will die due to the collapse and/or reduction of infrastructure that keeps them alive that your ideology requires. The planet cannot support this many people living in fish camps, nevertheless the world we live in has a lot of people in it, and they don't deserve to die because you want to go live in the woods. they need to be housed and fed, and ideally in a way that gives them a much better standard of life than the one they currently have now, ruthlessly exploited in the name of global capitalism. you can't just ignore these people because they're inconvenient to your primitivist fantasy.

I am being 100% honest when I tell you that I have never seen anyone, not even the worst and most depraved rahowa fascist psychopath, advocate for the sort of mass death and immseration of nonwhite people that your ideology demands, even if you're not willing to think about it to that extent.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the only reason I am not trying my best to get you run off the forums is that I think you and your ilk are genuinely too loving stupid to figure this out and that as dumb as you are your hearts are in generally the right place

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pnac attack posted:

pulling numbers completely out of my rear end of people i've met it seems like 5/1000, if that's close to avg like 40 mil? more than i would've guessed tbh

how do you make this kind of post and just go on like its normal

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lol what a disgusting selfish stupid person

This containment thread is great

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

pnac I have no idea how to explain to you that literally billions, a number so large that it is beyond real human comprehension, of people with just as much of a right to live as you have -- who happen to be some of the poorest and least white -- will die due to the collapse and/or reduction of infrastructure that keeps them alive that your ideology requires. The planet cannot support this many people living in fish camps, nevertheless the world we live in has a lot of people in it, and they don't deserve to die because you want to go live in the woods. they need to be housed and fed, and ideally in a way that gives them a much better standard of life than the one they currently have now, ruthlessly exploited in the name of global capitalism. you can't just ignore these people because they're inconvenient to your primitivist fantasy.

I am being 100% honest when I tell you that I have never seen anyone, not even the worst and most depraved rahowa fascist psychopath, advocate for the sort of mass death and immseration of nonwhite people that your ideology demands, even if you're not willing to think about it to that extent.

the planet can't support this number of people living on it period man, that's why we got things like boiling oceans to worry about at all. the ruthless exploitation thing is the only reason there are so many and there's nothing sustainable about it. i don't "want" any of this poo poo. i want the poison-rear end colonists to never have escaped europe and infected the rest of the world but it's a little late for that. you can't just ignore the conditions that caused there to be 8bil+ of us because each individual has an equal right to life

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

just because of the right to life, hmmm

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Like I can't tell if PNAC is serious, actually just a fascist, or this is some kind of bit since he's been so perfectly loving stupid at every turn

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
speaking of dumb im still waiting to hear why we can only have one architectural style or everyone dies

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

pnac attack posted:

the planet can't support this number of people living on it period man, that's why we got things like boiling oceans to worry about at all. the ruthless exploitation thing is the only reason there are so many and there's nothing sustainable about it. i don't "want" any of this poo poo. i want the poison-rear end colonists to never have escaped europe and infected the rest of the world but it's a little late for that. you can't just ignore the conditions that caused there to be 8bil+ of us because each individual has an equal right to life

this is why everyone who says that anarchists are liberals is totally correct -- there's no possibility for an alternate system that can allow for a human population to enjoy the fullness of art, leisure, technology, etc. etc. to live in harmony with nature even in your wildest imagination. It's full on death drive capitalism or literally scrounging for food in the forest. A mind so fully colonized by capitalism that you have foreclosed on any better world because you literally cannot conceive of anything beyond either more capitalist hyperexploitation or unthinkable, worldwide genocide followed by the equally-liberal, equally-asinine fantasy of totally independent primitive homesteading.

if my dream world were only possible with the collective kill count of 1000+ hitlers, I'd start looking for alternatives, especially in a thread full of people screaming at you that there's not only a path forward that's much better but also far more realistic.

ah but the state might make you pick up your trash or do something besides jerk off in the forest or whatever so sorry pal I'm no commie!!!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

speaking of dumb im still waiting to hear why we can only have one architectural style or everyone dies

it looks cool, op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!

KomradeX posted:

Like I can't tell if PNAC is serious, actually just a fascist, or this is some kind of bit since he's been so perfectly loving stupid at every turn

It's probably sincere considering half the anarchists that come itt to argue their case always bring up overpopulaiton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

lol stop jerking off over real people getting literally murdered, you sick gently caress!

e:

hahahahahhahahahahaahaha

Please be patient with Matti. Someone said Karen with a hard R to them

:ohdear:

pnac attack posted:

I.... mean..... that's just industrialization. Every nation on earth or theoretical future nation would have discovered the exact same thing of putting stinky rocks into machines to make more food. But why is your right to live like a jerk more of a right that a right of the untold billions who will die to live? You're doing this weird dance where the people to die are simply products of colonialism and people who live subsistence lifestyles already will be fine. But that is just completely and totally false.

The first people to die have and will be people who live in rural areas on subsistence not a tech journalist in Seattle.

Sedisp has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Oct 23, 2021