Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Off topic, but: For all you Timothy Olyphant fans, a great and underrated performance of his was as himself on the short-lived but excellent sitcom “The Grinder,” where he has a friendship/rivalry with Rob Lowe’s actor character. That show had a great cast all around, but he stole a lot of scenes.

I also learned that he’s in Scream 2.

(I learned this by watching the movie for the first time yesterday)

(he is also the killer) :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got me a a piggyboy on Pulse and Space Raylan on Amazon.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I have no interest in Space Raylan.

Give me Space Bullock.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The best Timothy Olyphant project that most people haven't seen, but would like, is A Perfect Getaway. Highly recommended to all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hudson.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Looks great, but Hasbro have decided to charge £34 ($47) for those in the UK.
Sod that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Fuzz posted:

Hudson.

Welp, there's the one I was waiting for. Time to dive in.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Hasbro thing is doing Classified at the moment. The BAT looks basically perfect, while Tiger Force Outback looks dope af - the white/grey hair looks better than the classic version and I want that deliciously tangy orange t-shirt.

Oho, Spirit now. Looks really great too.

Annnnd there's your classic Storm Shadow. Nailed it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

poo poo I just convinced myself to stop buying them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And they're doing a color change Zartan.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
That Croc Master is incredible.

Also the proper cartoon accurate 3 3/4th inch Skystriker is a Haslab. $229.99, which is real tempting.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

CaptainN posted:

Looks great, but Hasbro have decided to charge £34 ($47) for those in the UK.
Sod that.

Yeah I’m extremely confused as to why this is a ‘deluxe’ release considering it’s a normal sized figure that comes with like two accessories.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tomtrek posted:

Yeah I’m extremely confused as to why this is a ‘deluxe’ release considering it’s a normal sized figure that comes with like two accessories.

Timothy Olyphant's likeness is an accessory all its own I guess

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm tempted to jump onto that support for the Skystriker. She's a beauty and something I had has a child. About time they had a version that didn't have the darn wing/wheel issue.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm surprised that GI Joe Classified was the line with the best announcements for me. Marvel was mostly OK and Star Wars was a dissapointment.

I'm gonna get that croc and Storm Shadow.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm actually holding off on Joe. Really would love the spirit and outback figures but if they aren't coming out til July I'm not worried about it now.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Welp, not paying for premium pulse lmao. Hoping to get those three, Spirit and Croc especially. With any luck they'll show up elsewhere.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

radlum posted:

I'm surprised that GI Joe Classified was the line with the best announcements for me. Marvel was mostly OK and Star Wars was a dissapointment.

I'm gonna get that croc and Storm Shadow.

Yeah but those announcements are clouded by how impossible it has been to get the figures. Like I’d love a bunch of BATS but you know they will be impossible to get, same as the rest of their troopers.

Hasbro has had a awful track record with 6 inch figures with this actually. Look at Black Series Storm Troopers for example. Impossible and expensive to get.

Marvel had nothing that was really impressive sadly. Like I am excited for the 20th stuff but they are figures we basically have had before. The Walgreens Zemo is great but trying to get Walgreens figures is like pulling teeth. But when you really look at it, you have nothing but repaints being shown outside of Knull, Vulcan and D'Spayre both were super early digital renders. It is exciting that Bucky Cap will be dead soon but I feel like they could have given more, something to really wow.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Logged in to get the exclusives. Croc is already sold out. Glad I'm out of GI Joe.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Any UK peeps, I’m London based but I zip back and forth to the US a fair bit (we have a place there, and will be going back for the first time in 18 months). If you want to buy from the US Pulse site and mail it to my US place, I’ll bring it back to the UK and mail you it.

Drop me a PM if you want to do that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Zartan color changing one is up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Welp, not paying for premium pulse lmao. Hoping to get those three, Spirit and Croc especially. With any luck they'll show up elsewhere.

My experience is everyone else tends to get their orders before hasbro ships stuff, so it isn't worth getting. I'm not renewing next year for sure, I've gone to bbts to get stuff and canceled pulse orders because it took too long.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I ordered the Animated Series Wolverine and Jubilee so very fast, plus Venom

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Spirit, Croc and Storm Shadow are up at BBTS

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Hudson.

I'm definitely going to end up collecting the whole team. Those character designs were so good. I have a bunch of the old Kenner figures and I love them.

That Croc Master is the first GI Joe Classified figure that has really tempted me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Best thing about Croc is his crocodile is named Fiona and has two baby crocs.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Spirit, Croc and Storm Shadow are up at BBTS

Ta.

First time I bought a full wave :homebrew:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I don't really collect Joes but I did preorder a B.A.T. from Target. He just looks so cool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's hard to make a bad B.A.T. though they did do that with the space version once.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Disney Toy Box Captain Carter and Hydra Smasher came in today. Nice little pair. The pop up Steve is a nice feature.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That Croc Master is very, very good but I've never really cared for him so eh.

Disappointed with the Skystriker - designing it around the 3.75 figures means it won't really work for the modern era 4" guys. The back pegs on the seats aren't compatible with the newer designs (they have a much smaller peg/backpack hole) and I'd imagine that extra .25" means you can't fit two guys in there, their legs will be crushed, their heads will be pressed against the canopy, etc.

It's not a problem for every classic vehicle/playset but it is for things like this, the Rattler, the Vamp/Stinger, they all need slight retooling to fit the 4" bods. If they do a Killer WHALE though, I'm totes on board.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

I'm astounded that three hours later, and all the new GI Joes are still available on Hasbro Pulse UK.

In fact, I think the only Pulse Con fig announced that has sold out is the skeevy-looking "Trapper Wolf" X-Wing pilot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tim Whatley posted:

I ordered the Animated Series Wolverine and Jubilee so very fast, plus Venom

Same but in the hopes they make all of those TAS figures since putting Wolverine and Jubilee in now with other standard Legends figures is going to look really weird. Gonna keep them in their boxes until more come out. Hasbro hosed up by not making Morph as one of the first figures, that would've hooked collectors on the edge.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

Same but in the hopes they make all of those TAS figures since putting Wolverine and Jubilee in now with other standard Legends figures is going to look really weird. Gonna keep them in their boxes until more come out. Hasbro hosed up by not making Morph as one of the first figures, that would've hooked collectors on the edge.

Yeah that would have been the thing. I imagine that it will be a way for Hasbro to rerelease a lot of the Jim Lee/90s Mutant figures again that will sell. Granted I would have been fine with more retro waves but evidently the X-Men Retros did by far the worst at retail of any of them, which isn't surprising since outside of Storm there was little interest from the majority of the fanbase for most of the characters chosen. Granted now if you stuck a Jim Lee Cyclops, Liefeld Cable, Blue Beast, Psylocke, etc in there you'd have more interest from collectors jumping in late. This is why the Spider-Man retro wave is almost entirely new characters and sculpts because that was what the retailers told them they required to carry it. The Peter Parker still ended up peg warming a bit but for the most part that wave sold well.

Personally I hope with this new Vulcan body we get a new improved Jim Lee Cyclops on it soon. Hopefully we will get a new Steve Rogers/Bruce Wayne/Frank Castle sized body soon too. I know I will buy a new Moon Knight on that body immediately.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think Marvel Legends is long overdue for putting out a modern red Marco Checchetto-style Daredevil. The Vulcan body might be a great fit for that.

I was really hoping for new David Aja-style Clint and Kate Hawkeyes today, but I suspect they might still come out with them, since the show premieres in a month.

My best friend has Pulse Premium, so he ordered the deluxe Zartan for me (luckily for me, he has the first Classified Zartan and likes it better). Then I eventually preordered my Storm Shadow from Amazon, which was what I hoped for. Since I had gift cards and free Prime shipping, it will end up being free.

The only other thing I saw today that I wanted was the upcoming Walgreens Baron Zemo. Between actually having the Secret Wars figure as a kid, being introduced to him in the comics in Roger Stern's Avengers Mansion Under Siege storyline, and becoming a huge fan of the Thunderbolts and Daniel Bruhl's MCU Zemo much later, I have to have him, and I'm glad I held out for this '80s/'90s version.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 24, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so how many NTFs did Hasbro announce for their other properties

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Those Target exclusive classified releases look pretty slick, but I'm not losing sleep over missing them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

Logged in to get the exclusives. Croc is already sold out. Glad I'm out of GI Joe.

Managed to grab one of all the Joes this time on Pulse, and then managed to order an extra BAT and Viper on Target. Only "army building" pairs of troops.

It's funny, I had reupped my Pulse Premium on a whim just yesterday. Did the math and between those, the X-cartoon figures, Cobb, Animated Venom, the Tatooine set, and the Cap and Iron Man, it already paid for itself.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Last Call posted:

It's hard to make a bad B.A.T. though they did do that with the space version once.

That was the only one I had as a kid, and I loved it. Even with only one arm, it saw a lot of battle in the toy box wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

:siren: I FINALLY FINISHED A CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE :siren:
:siren: 56K NO :siren:

This is a one-of-a-kind custom which I made at the request of longtime friend-of-the-thread Xenomrph.

The request was for Velocity, from Cyberforce, specifically as drawn by Kenneth Rocafort in her 2010 solo miniseries.

The base was a Marvel Legends figure, but I resculpted the entire body with a bunch of epoxy putty, and made an entirely new head from scratch. By the time I started painting, there was almost nothing visible of the original figure. Basically every detail you see was hand-sculpted.

Part of the reason for the custom head is that she's generally drawn very petite, so I needed to size up her head for the body proportions to look right. In the end she's probably closer in scale to a 6.5" or 7" figure.

To make the deep plunging V-neck work with the mid-torso articulation, I built it as a downward protrusion attached to the upper part. This helps to hide the joint and to preserve the unusual lines of her costume.

I have been working on this for three and a half years. The paint job alone took months. I don't do a lot of commission work and I probably won't do something this elaborate again; I only accepted this particular job because I genuinely liked the idea and knew I would have a lot of fun with the project. She's a really cool-looking character. Check out those funky shoes! Those took a lot of work!

Her body has a layer of color-shift paint that makes highlights more yellow and lowlights more blue; it's subtle but it gives her a really cool shine that changes in different light. There's also a gradient effect with a darker green at her ankles.

Recommended listening while you look at the rest of these pictures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hW1EqdzCDI

I took tons and tons of photos because I'm going to miss this figure when she's gone...

A bit of stray packaging material makes for a good impromptu sci-fi background:

I was single when I started this project and now I'm married with a baby and a house.

See you guys in another three and a half years when I get something else done!