Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The problem is just too abstract, too distant in time. If you pointed an incoming Tsunami out to someone they wouldn't tell you to look on the bright side of life.

I'm not sure how massively understating and underestimating the problem helps to motivate a solution. But I guess we'll find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
In recent times we only have to look to 2016 when simply no one in any major position (ie the government) bothered to plan what would happen if the referendum voted leave possibly because they never thought it would happen, or for whatever reason went through their tiny braincells. or some sort of odd version of 'the law of attraction' - I have friends who believe making contingency plans brings on the dreaded event and if you don't consider it, it won't happen,
Personally, I find making a contingency plan generally stops me worrying about whatever, even if in the event I don't follow the plan.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I planned for brexit by buying a chest freezer which is still kept full, the optimism is that I can keep it full and that the electricity will stay on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When the contingency I am supposed to prepare for is "society being dismantled systematically and then collapsing entirely because nobody gives a poo poo and would rather spend all their time complaining about things that aren't real" the notion of making any sort of personal plan seems rather farcical.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

learnincurve posted:

I planned for brexit by buying a chest freezer which is still kept full, the optimism is that I can keep it full and that the electricity will stay on.

Yes.
Like my stash of lentils, dried veg, canned fish etc. When disaster strikes, the underlying optimism is that I will either be at home or able to get there to utilize my stash!

I like the old Arab proverb: "Trust in Allah and remember to tie the camels." Other equivalent proverbs are available.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes.
Like my stash of lentils, dried veg, canned fish etc. When disaster strikes, the underlying optimism is that I will either be at home or able to get there to utilize my stash!

I like the old Arab proverb: "Trust in Allah and remember to tie the camels." Other equivalent proverbs are available.

The optimism is that you'll protect your stash from the bands of roving cannibals! I'm only half joking.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The optimism is that you'll protect your stash from the bands of roving cannibals! I'm only half joking.

I know, I've thought of that. I'm trying to establish the optimum amount of overweight to be agile enough to beat off the half-starved but not to be too appealing with a portion of diced carrots and fffffaavvvvaaa beans.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just like using Euthymol toothpaste in shared accommodation, learning how to eat salted fish would help protect from any raiders stealing your food for a few weeks at least

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Necrothatcher posted:

My girlfriend went to an NHS talk on perinatal care and they started going on about Dianetics. Eesh.

That's probably worth reporting to the complaints dept at the trust.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

When the contingency I am supposed to prepare for is "society being dismantled systematically and then collapsing entirely because nobody gives a poo poo and would rather spend all their time complaining about things that aren't real" the notion of making any sort of personal plan seems rather farcical.

Yeah, I'm prepared for some discomfort (I've got candles, a couple of fully-charged power banks, and some tinned and dried food) because between one thing and another I can see maybe having to go a few days without fresh food or electricity or gas, but if any of those things go away for more than a week[1] then they're never, ever coming back and the sort of preparations you make for that are altogether darker.

Mind you I do have a plan for that too - it mostly involves making sure I get decent birthday and Christmas presents for my sister and her husband, with their lovely semi-rural house with it's garage full of motorbikes and well-concealed cabinet containing his multiple (fully licensed, officer!) shotguns.

[1] Obviously if you're living in a much more remote area than having provisions for a month or more makes sense because it's not inconceivable even if things go well that some freak event might knock out your power for a while - ISTR some places went almost two weeks without power after the big storm in 1987 because of the sheer amount of downed power lines. But I live in the middle of London (not sure if I've ever mentioned that before) and I can feel pretty confident in saying that if we lose power long enough for me to get through my stash of cheap eastern European noodles and tins of spaghetti hoops then society itself has broken down to "Final act of Threads" levels.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Isn't the obvious solution here just to show up early to the roaming cannibal recruitment drives?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Off topic:

Does anyone know what ex@exdigydot net is and why I'm getting 'undeliverable' messages to it when I never sent anything there? I'm forwarding emails from a former staff member's inbox to mine (within the same organisation) so it seems related to forwarding.

I googled which seems to suggest this exdigy thing is some sort of financial scam. The email forwarding to me from former person's inbox was one with financial information in it and I'm wondering if there is something evil buried in her outlook that is trying to forward emails it detects as containing financial info.
I can't get my head around how that might work from an outlook sign-in rather than from a virus on an actual device.

I don't have any admin rights in our work outlook so can't check anything adminy.

The notification included "Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow external forwarding. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

(Why, yes I am looking at work email late on a Saturday evening!)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 24, 2021

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
If you don't have a leather jacket covered in enough spikes to supply a black metal band hidden away in the back of your wardrobe then you aren't prepared for the apocalypse, sorry.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

big scary monsters posted:

If you don't have a leather jacket covered in enough spikes to supply a black metal band hidden away in the back of your wardrobe then you aren't prepared for the apocalypse, sorry.

My leather biker jacket had lots of little metal skulls on it (hand pinned by me and which resulted in my credit card getting wiped at the airport when I went through the metal detector about 20 times while myself and the guards were trying to figure out why it kept bleeping). But it went mildewy and I couldn't clean the mildew off so I finally removed the handpainted (by my sister) back patch and keep it in a circular vase and binned the rest of the jacket.

This was the back of my jacket except she put Flotsam & Jetsam where this says Doomsday for the Deceiver.
I have now thoroughly doxxed myself for anyone who hung around the London thrash metal scene from about 1988 - about 2000.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 24, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I am going to put spikes on anything it's going to be my sheepskin because I can then gain favour by cosplaying as beloved british sitcom star lana del boy.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/hannahcw127/status/1450916117900406792

Millions died and entire cultures were forcibly destroyed, but 75 to 100 people were employed as circus performers, so it's impossible to say whether they were treated badly or not. (AQA is withdrawing the book, apparently.)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Off topic:

Does anyone know what ex@exdigydot net is and why I'm getting 'undeliverable' messages to it when I never sent anything there? I'm forwarding emails from a former staff member's inbox to mine (within the same organisation) so it seems related to forwarding.

I googled which seems to suggest this exdigy thing is some sort of financial scam. The email forwarding to me from former person's inbox was one with financial information in it and I'm wondering if there is something evil buried in her outlook that is trying to forward emails it detects as containing financial info.
I can't get my head around how that might work from an outlook sign-in rather than from a virus on an actual device.

I don't have any admin rights in our work outlook so can't check anything adminy.

The notification included "Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow external forwarding. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

(Why, yes I am looking at work email late on a Saturday evening!)

Without seeing the full headers (which would be a pretty spectacular auto-doxxing) there's not a huge amount of definitive info I can give you but - assuming that the error message is being generated by your company's email server - this seems like your assumption is right and they have Outlook set up to forward mails to this address.

e: Oh wow - https://www.microsoft.com/security/...infrastructure/ - yeah, your colleague's email account was hacked at some point in the past and they set up forwarding rules to send info likely to contain financial data out to them. Contact your management *right now* and let them know about this because if the rules are still there it's extremely likely that they're unaware and they need to investigate this.

ee: I'm impressed with the simplicity and cleverness in this scheme; no rootkits or anything, just forward anything with keywords suggesting it might be to do with money to an email address. Now all those well-timed "Hi this is your estate agent, please send the money for the house to this address" attacks make a lot more sense. You can cast a *really* wide net and even with an absolutely tiny hit rate you're going to be rolling in it.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 24, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Without seeing the full headers (which would be a pretty spectacular auto-doxxing) there's not a huge amount of definitive info I can give you but - assuming that the error message is being generated by your company's email server - this seems like your assumption is right and they have Outlook set up to forward mails to this address.

e: Oh wow - https://www.microsoft.com/security/...infrastructure/ - yeah, your colleague's email account was hacked at some point in the past and they set up forwarding rules to send info likely to contain financial data out to them. Contact your management *right now* and let them know about this because if the rules are still there it's extremely likely that they're unaware and they need to investigate this.

Thanks for confirming I'm right to be worried!
I will see if I can find any hidden rules in the person's account of which we are unaware.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks for confirming I'm right to be worried!
I will see if I can find any hidden rules in the person's account of which we are unaware.

I'd really strongly suggest not touching anything, especially on a Saturday night. Get an email off to the responsible people in your org *immediately* (and keep a copy of it yourself) and step away until they've looked at it. Even if - *especially* if - the company isn't big enough (or is too stupid) to have proper security to investigate this, don't let yourself get dragged in, because they might use you removing the forward as evidence that you're actually the evil hacking genius behind it all.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'd really strongly suggest not touching anything, especially on a Saturday night. Get an email off to the responsible people in your org *immediately* (and keep a copy of it yourself) and step away until they've looked at it. Even if - *especially* if - the company isn't big enough (or is too stupid) to have proper security to investigate this, don't let yourself get dragged in, because they might use you removing the forward as evidence that you're actually the evil hacking genius behind it all.

Sadly there are only 3 of us in my organisation! And I'm the most techy. Our 'it admin' is an outsider who we're having trouble raising!
I'm not going to look tonight. I'll do it from the work laptop in the office next time I'm in.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like some of you need to recite the serenity prayer.

But in all seriousness, prepare for the events you can and accept that there will always be ones outside your influence. For example, I built up a small stock for Brexit which ended up being really handy during Covid. Knowing that I had enough to last a 2-week self isolation period was reassuring, back in the days when you couldn't get a supermarket delivery, even though it was ultimately unnecessary. I'll always try to keep a fortnight of supplies in, in case I'm ever ill or there's bad weather. It won't solve everything but as twisto said, if I'm physically incapacitated or cut off by blizzards beyond a fortnight, then there are larger problems far beyond anything one person could prepare for. Or would want to: if the power goes out for a week, I do not want to be the one house with all the lights burning.

Speaking of which, any recommendations for good power banks? I have a solar one for my phone but it doesn't even get it to full charge. I've also got a solar/wind up radio that has a USB port, but you'd die of exhaustion before winding it up enough to get more than a couple of percent phone charge as I found out during a recent power cut.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My leather biker jacket had lots of little metal skulls on it (hand pinned by me and which resulted in my credit card getting wiped at the airport when I went through the metal detector about 20 times while myself and the guards were trying to figure out why it kept bleeping). But it went mildewy and I couldn't clean the mildew off so I finally removed the handpainted (by my sister) back patch and keep it in a circular vase and binned the rest of the jacket.

This was the back of my jacket except she put Flotsam & Jetsam where this says Doomsday for the Deceiver.
I have now thoroughly doxxed myself for anyone who hung around the London thrash metal scene from about 1988 - about 2000.

I hope it's not weird if I say that you're the UKMT poster I'd most like to go to a metal show with, JA. I somehow knew you'd have an appropriate response for that post. (Don't worry, I don't do goon meets and live far, far away so the danger of actually meeting me is extremely remote).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lady Demelza posted:

Sounds like some of you need to recite the serenity prayer.

But in all seriousness, prepare for the events you can and accept that there will always be ones outside your influence. For example, I built up a small stock for Brexit which ended up being really handy during Covid. Knowing that I had enough to last a 2-week self isolation period was reassuring, back in the days when you couldn't get a supermarket delivery, even though it was ultimately unnecessary. I'll always try to keep a fortnight of supplies in, in case I'm ever ill or there's bad weather. It won't solve everything but as twisto said, if I'm physically incapacitated or cut off by blizzards beyond a fortnight, then there are larger problems far beyond anything one person could prepare for. Or would want to: if the power goes out for a week, I do not want to be the one house with all the lights burning.

Speaking of which, any recommendations for good power banks? I have a solar one for my phone but it doesn't even get it to full charge. I've also got a solar/wind up radio that has a USB port, but you'd die of exhaustion before winding it up enough to get more than a couple of percent phone charge as I found out during a recent power cut.

My millenium bug stash came in very handy when I had flu and pneumonia in the following couple of years. It meant I had relatively nourishing food at home and didn't have to drag myself to a shop while being barely able to move. When I put it together, everyone mocked me and had some daft idea that I would have to eat it all every day for 6 months - hello that's why you buy canned stuff, it lasts a few years! Just filter in a couple of tins a week over 3-4 years.

Re the powerbank

I've a REVIVE powerbank 10000mAh which has a 1A and a 2A USB port. It can do a lot of charging right up to full power. I've charged the phone up to 100%, then the mifi to 100% then the phone again. Itself charges overnight depending how much I've used it during the day.

I've also run a USB fan off it blowing at my head for a whole night before now when staying in places which are too hot!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I hope it's not weird if I say that you're the UKMT poster I'd most like to go to a metal show with, JA. I somehow knew you'd have an appropriate response for that post. (Don't worry, I don't do goon meets and live far, far away so the danger of actually meeting me is extremely remote).

I'm not going to any gigs for the foreseeable :( I was hoping to see Igorrr in Bristol in December but the UK leg of the show is cancelled (or postponed) and Laure my fave singer has left the band. I think the new singer is probably good though judging from comments on posts made by those lucky sods in Europe who have seen the new line up. Aphrodite Patoulidou she's a Greek soprano opera singer. I think Candlemass are playing in May or something so you never know...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lady Demelza posted:

I picked up this bauld lil boyo and it's pretty solid

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40012...86a13386&gclid=

Gets like 6 charges for my medium-sized Pixel4a battery off one charge

E:links a lil hosed up but I tried

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 24, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lady Demelza posted:

The Poundland ones that are basically an 18350 cell in a cheap plastic surround are surprisingly extremely good bang for the buck (well hopefully not bang). They'll easily fully charge all but the hungriest of phones and hold the charge for a couple of months - with one of those multi-end cables they're an incredibly handy thing to keep in your pocket/bag. I must have half a dozen of them just from buying one to recharge various things that needed charging when I'm out and about, when you buy them they've normally got at least half a charge in them.

In my laptop bag I have an Anker 20Ah power bank - they're not the cheapest but you can pick them up on sale for ~30 quid. This is big enough to fully charge my little netbook, which has been a godsend on long journeys. Don't buy the cheapest ones once you get up into this power range because with that amount of juice in that small a space you *really* don't want to cheap out.

If you're feeling particularly Mad Max you can pick up one of the various USB jump starters which is about the cheapest way of getting hold of a >30Ah battery and will normally have a torch and beacon built in, but don't buy the cheap ones that are obviously just a phone one with a step-up transformer bolted on the end (at least not if you want to actually use it to jump start something) because without the correct cells they're just gonna obliterate themselves. The good quality ones are also weatherproof which might be handy. As an owner of a Fine Italian Motorcycle I have two, one on charge, one in my bike bag.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm not going to any gigs for the foreseeable :( I was hoping to see Igorrr in Bristol in December but the UK leg of the show is cancelled (or postponed) and Laure my fave singer has left the band. I think the new singer is probably good though judging from comments on posts made by those lucky sods in Europe who have seen the new line up. Aphrodite Patoulidou she's a Greek soprano opera singer. I think Candlemass are playing in May or something so you never know...

Yeah I haven't been to see live music in about two years now. Unfortunately I live way off the international touring circuit and at best most bands I want to see play in Oslo, which with flights and hotel makes it a pretty expensive night out for me. I have to travel to the UK later this year and I'm hoping I can fit a gig or two in (covid conditions allowing). I never appreciated when I lived in there how unusual it is that with most bands will stop within a couple hour's train ride from you - with London, one of Leeds/Birmingham/Manchester and Glasgow being a pretty typical UK tour leg most of the country is pretty well served.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Yeah I haven't been to see live music in about two years now. Unfortunately I live way off the international touring circuit and at best most bands I want to see play in Oslo, which with flights and hotel makes it a pretty expensive night out for me. I have to travel to the UK later this year and I'm hoping I can fit a gig or two in (covid conditions allowing). I never appreciated when I lived in there how unusual it is that with most bands will stop within a couple hour's train ride from you - with London, one of Leeds/Birmingham/Manchester and Glasgow being a pretty typical UK tour leg most of the country is pretty well served.

I feel your pain. For me, living in semi-rural south Wales, and not being a driver, going to a gig even somewhere like Cardiff let alone Bristol or London will involve an overnight stay and several hours travel or £50-£100 on a taxi home. I have a friend in Bristol who was going to put me up for the Igorrr gig but no friends in Cardiff. I have friends in London who would put me up but they all live out on the periphery (zone 4+) let alone the 5/6 hours travelling each way.
When I lived in central London, I would go to gigs 1x or 2x a week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It feels like an eternity since my last gig.

Actually, it was an eternity, over 4 years ago since I saw Inter-Arma & Celeste (Celeste are so good if you like miserable sludgey metal with hints of black metal & post-hardcore). drat. At some point being able to stay up all night hanging around Glasgow bus station while waiting for the 7am train north has gotten harder to do as I get older.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I feel your pain. For me, living in semi-rural south Wales, and not being a driver, going to a gig even somewhere like Cardiff let alone Bristol or London will involve an overnight stay and several hours travel or £50-£100 on a taxi home. I have a friend in Bristol who was going to put me up for the Igorrr gig but no friends in Cardiff. I have friends in London who would put me up but they all live out on the periphery (zone 4+) let alone the 5/6 hours travelling each way.
When I lived in central London, I would go to gigs 1x or 2x a week.
Yeah, I guess Bristol is typically the best bet for you but having some experience with the Welsh public transport system I appreciate that is not an easy journey.

forkboy84 posted:

It feels like an eternity since my last gig.

Actually, it was an eternity, over 4 years ago since I saw Inter-Arma & Celeste (Celeste are so good if you like miserable sludgey metal with hints of black metal & post-hardcore). drat. At some point being able to stay up all night hanging around Glasgow bus station while waiting for the 7am train north has gotten harder to do as I get older.
Being too hungover to make it to Celeste at Temples Festival is a great gig regret of mine. That weekend I did see Sunn O))), Bongzilla, Weedeater, Pig Destroyer, Goatsnake and Earth among others, but I was pretty sad about missing that one.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

zhar posted:

That’s fair. Still think a person motivated to work on something they think can be pulled off will be a lot happier than someone with the same work thinking it’s sure to fail but it’s the right thing to do. More likely to find solutions too I would imagine. But this could well be me projecting myself onto those roles and people are different, I guess as long as you do your best either way you can be satisfied however it goes!

I'm not trying to be an arsehole here, just genuine curiosity. Have you worked on large scale projects or at the management level of infrastructure migrations in the past? My experience is that the people who tend to drive them in a productive manner are those who can acknowledge the madness of bureaucracy and systemic failures. That group of civil servants who are exasperated by attempting to herd cats and the failures they can't control, or the backend developers who are down the pub bitching constantly but put in the best work they can because of professionalism. There's often a thin line to ride to prevent burnout, but that's why it's important to be able to dissociate and switch off.

Again, not everyone is built for that. People may or may not even be able to get into that mindset at different points in their life. However someone doing a dismissive drive-by of 'have you considered that you are depressed' isn't helpful. For reference, I get a surprising amount of validation from doing strong man type weightlifting. Nothing quite like having a dozen people cheer you on for a simple feat of strength rather than dealing with a complex, multifaceted problem. Or the old existentialist standard of walking through the woods looking at pretty flowers.

(Fair notice, I started this post 4 hours ago then got distracted)

Uhh, Demelza it depends exactly what you want to prepare for. Can you get a multi thousand pound LiPo battery and solar array setup? Sure. If you want something a little more lightweight but still expensive, you can get a 500W portable power station and solar panel for about £700 (see: Jackery https://www.hampshiregenerators.co....2xoCqnwQAvD_BwE). Even cheaper, a £40 chinese solar power bank jobby.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Well I just blew all my savings on a new kitchen.

gently caress it. If we're all gonna die, I'm going to have a nice cupboard to store my beans in.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear that I have now matched Tom Watson in weight loss. Only a matter of time now before I’ve bested him both morally and physically.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Comrade Fakename posted:

I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear that I have now matched Tom Watson in weight loss. Only a matter of time now before I’ve bested him both morally and physically.
for your final challenge, you must also best him in video games. many have tried, none have returned. i wish you the best of luck.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah, I'm prepared for some discomfort (I've got candles, a couple of fully-charged power banks, and some tinned and dried food) because between one thing and another I can see maybe having to go a few days without fresh food or electricity or gas, but if any of those things go away for more than a week[1] then they're never, ever coming back and the sort of preparations you make for that are altogether darker.

Mind you I do have a plan for that too - it mostly involves making sure I get decent birthday and Christmas presents for my sister and her husband, with their lovely semi-rural house with it's garage full of motorbikes and well-concealed cabinet containing his multiple (fully licensed, officer!) shotguns.

[1] Obviously if you're living in a much more remote area than having provisions for a month or more makes sense because it's not inconceivable even if things go well that some freak event might knock out your power for a while - ISTR some places went almost two weeks without power after the big storm in 1987 because of the sheer amount of downed power lines. But I live in the middle of London (not sure if I've ever mentioned that before) and I can feel pretty confident in saying that if we lose power long enough for me to get through my stash of cheap eastern European noodles and tins of spaghetti hoops then society itself has broken down to "Final act of Threads" levels.

My plan is to gather the East London goon massive in my palatial house and form a heavily armed commune. I probably have the skills and enough servos to make some robotic death turret guns too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I owe learnincurve an apology for my prior blowout. I read something in their post that wasn't there and saw red... I deserved my 6-er, but LC also deserves a public apology. Sorry. x

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mebh posted:

Well I just blew all my savings on a new kitchen.

gently caress it. If we're all gonna die, I'm going to have a nice cupboard to store my beans in.

I did my kitchen earlier this year and I'm now at peak bean storage. Well worth it, would do kitchen again A+

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
So the daily mirror now saying they have a leaked dept of health memo saying "plan b" will be brought in next week.

I swear if I miss enough christmas with my family because the tories can't manage a piss up in a brewery I will continue to be very angry and disdainful of the tories.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

So the daily mirror now saying they have a leaked dept of health memo saying "plan b" will be brought in next week.

I swear if I miss enough christmas with my family because the tories can't manage a piss up in a brewery I will continue to be very angry and disdainful of the tories.

What is the gist of Plan B? Do you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think it's fair to say that we are 100% heading into another lockdown, and it's prudent to make plans accordingly. The other option is unimaginable, even for many Tory voters.