Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

speaking of dumb im still waiting to hear why we can only have one architectural style or everyone dies

If you dont build stuff such that it's too hideous to invest in, it will become an investment, and thus a cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
when it comes down to it, all the anarchists want is lebensraum

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

scratch an anarchist and an ecofascist bleeds, many such cases!

its amazing how tamed anarchists are that they are simply unable to comprehend the forces of production used for anything except capitalist exploitation. absolute kiddie brain poo poo, very sad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pnac's mandatory genocide number has gone up another billion if the 40mil number is the new standard

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Pnac's mandatory genocide number has gone up another billion if the 40mil number is the new standard

anarchist version of "the wall just got ten feet higher"

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Epic High Five posted:

just gotta return to like 3000 BC population and development levels. simple!

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

pnac attack posted:

exactly as many people as there should be total

like i said, they extremely want exactly this.

in other words

my bony fealty posted:

scratch an anarchist and an ecofascist bleeds, many such cases!

animist
Aug 28, 2018

pnac attack posted:

:staredog:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
pnac makes sense if you come to the question with the belief that the indigenous people of the americas lived an idyllic life before the arrival of disease and conquest from europe. the europeans came out of a vent in the ground that leads to hell in the 16th century. he's not an "ecofascist" or whatever, he's a dumbass. pnac tell me what you know of atlantis

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

pnac attack posted:

the planet can't support this number of people living on it period man, that's why we got things like boiling oceans to worry about at all. the ruthless exploitation thing is the only reason there are so many and there's nothing sustainable about it. i don't "want" any of this poo poo. i want the poison-rear end colonists to never have escaped europe and infected the rest of the world but it's a little late for that. you can't just ignore the conditions that caused there to be 8bil+ of us because each individual has an equal right to life

wrong

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pnac attack posted:

pulling numbers completely out of my rear end of people i've met it seems like 5/1000, if that's close to avg like 40 mil? more than i would've guessed tbh

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

he's not an "ecofascist" or whatever, he's a dumbass.

this is a distinction without without a difference.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

pnac makes sense if you come to the question with the belief that the indigenous people of the americas lived an idyllic life before the arrival of disease and conquest from europe. the europeans came out of a vent in the ground that leads to hell in the 16th century. he's not an "ecofascist" or whatever, he's a dumbass. pnac tell me what you know of atlantis

tell me what you know about indigenous people of the americas. no one in this thread even knew what fish camp was

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

pnac attack posted:

tell me what you know about indigenous people of the americas. no one in this thread even knew what fish camp was

how about you gently caress off. there's nothing to discuss with someone who thinks mass death of non-whites is cool good and natural.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

Pnac legit question. Who do you think will most suffer from impending climate disaster?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

pnac I have no idea how to explain to you that literally billions, a number so large that it is beyond real human comprehension, of people with just as much of a right to live as you have -- who happen to be some of the poorest and least white -- will die due to the collapse and/or reduction of infrastructure that keeps them alive that your ideology requires.

more to the point, no matter how much you wish those untold billions to die, you'll never be able to kill them because they have infrastructure and you don't. the power to establish your ideal society requires, well, power

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol "this thread has been reported already"

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

pnac attack posted:

pulling numbers completely out of my rear end of people i've met it seems like 5/1000, if that's close to avg like 40 mil? more than i would've guessed tbh

:wtc:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

exmarx posted:

when it comes down to it, all the anarchists want is lebensraum

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

pnac I have no idea how to explain to you that literally billions, a number so large that it is beyond real human comprehension, of people with just as much of a right to live as you have -- who happen to be some of the poorest and least white -- will die due to the collapse and/or reduction of infrastructure that keeps them alive that your ideology requires. The planet cannot support this many people living in fish camps, nevertheless the world we live in has a lot of people in it, and they don't deserve to die because you want to go live in the woods. they need to be housed and fed, and ideally in a way that gives them a much better standard of life than the one they currently have now, ruthlessly exploited in the name of global capitalism. you can't just ignore these people because they're inconvenient to your primitivist fantasy.

I am being 100% honest when I tell you that I have never seen anyone, not even the worst and most depraved rahowa fascist psychopath, advocate for the sort of mass death and immseration of nonwhite people that your ideology demands, even if you're not willing to think about it to that extent.

You lack vision.

Imagine, if you will, a different world. A world where men and fish live in harmony. Instead of the stresses and complexities of modern life, you wake up in the morning, walk to the shore, and cast your rod (constructed from human bone, a material found to be optimal for fishing rods in the After Years) into the sea. No one has authority over you. It's just you, the fish, and your fishing rod constructed from human bones.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i have learned the ways of the indigenous americans and fish camp and have come to the conclusion that it is the only way mankind can survive the coming disasters

we must seek to establish a fish camp based world, no matter the cost

Goast has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Oct 25, 2021

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's gonna be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-bxPsxpE0

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol what the gently caress

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

pnac attack posted:

for when you get back:

it may surprise you to learn that hunter-gatherer bands and tribes were not really the norm prior to european contact. many of the indigenous peoples of the americas built massive, centralized cities throughout, supported by intensive, sedentary agriculture and strict hierarchy. there were long chains of villages and towns and smaller cities that mostly existed as travel and trade hubs for those big, centralized city-states. wars were very frequent - constant in some periods - to enforce the interests of those larger polities on the smaller ones. that's what we call in the trade an "empire". the societies of indigenous americans that we learn about in america are mostly after they were weakened and scattered by the consequences of european contact (especially virulent disease). they were just people, doing people poo poo much the same way as the rest of the world. they were moved by historical forces such as resource conflict just like any other people. the americas were not a spiritual anarchist utopia before the arrival of the spanish. hunter-gatherer bands and tribes did exist outside of those lanes of centralized development, but their historical impact is nowhere near as significant as the cities'. by way of a simplistic example, the sentinelese dont get to make regional or global policy decisions vis a vis climate change despite being directly impacted by it. they just dont have enough political power.

one of the reasons i encourage you to read more is because you have a very ahistorical view of the world, where things happen for no reason beyond the moral decisions of individuals made in a vacuum. with this view, it makes sense that you'd jump to these (frankly insane) conclusions about the nature of history and historical interactions between disparate peoples and those consequences.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pnac read Engels

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Skyelan posted:

if someone being ignorant is the same as them being a loud and proud fascist, what's the solution?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

croup coughfield posted:

if someone being ignorant is the same as them being a loud and proud fascist, what's the solution?

there’s a limited number of solutions to someone being a fascist, unfortunately, and they’re difficult to deploy on forums

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Anyone who cites overpopulation as a real concern is a useful idiot for genocide. We're producing enough food to feed over 10 billion people.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Skyelan posted:

the difference is that a fascist could get elected to public office or organize behind a cohesive political project that could do harm. if there's one thing that you can be sure about pnac and anarchists like him its that they're both too loving dumb to organize in any politically meaningful way and if, somehow, they accidentally found themselves with even a modicum of political power or will they'd squander it immediately on the stupidest poo poo imaginable (see: CHAZ)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I'll also note that CHAZ was harmful to the black kids those anarchists murdered but that's less ecofascism and more just what comfortable idle white people (the bulk of self-identified anarchists, let's not kid ourselves) love to do when given the opportunity

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
why is it that every time i open this thread some anarkiddie will inevitably have come up with something even stupider than last time?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

LonsomeSon posted:

there’s a limited number of solutions to someone being a fascist, unfortunately, and they’re difficult to deploy on forums

that doesn't answer my question.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

why is it that every time i open this thread some anarkiddie will inevitably have come up with something even stupider than last time?

Always more, always worse

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

that doesn't answer my question.

I’m not familiar with any reliable method to persuade someone who believes that the vast majority of humans need to die in order for The Correct Way Of Living to come about that human lives have more value and meaning than their dream world, which can be deployed on anonymous forums.

The traditional method of “mock and/or lecture at them until they either go away or gain control over their emotions” is probably as effective as anything else on the internet? The problem is that someone operating under such ethically bankrupt assumptions has dug themselves a very deep hole of self-justification which they will need to climb out of.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

a question that answers itself

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

LonsomeSon posted:

I’m not familiar with any reliable method to persuade someone who believes that the vast majority of humans need to die in order for The Correct Way Of Living to come about that human lives have more value and meaning than their dream world, which can be deployed on anonymous forums.

The traditional method of “mock and/or lecture at them until they either go away or gain control over their emotions” is probably as effective as anything else on the internet? The problem is that someone operating under such ethically bankrupt assumptions has dug themselves a very deep hole of self-justification which they will need to climb out of.

dunno man just seems like there's not much to be gained with that attitude

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

dunno man just seems like there's not much to be gained with that attitude

one of the problems with people who hunger for mass death is that there just isn’t that much to be gained with them, outside of their encountering some event or information which has direct impact on whatever people they care about

i can’t do that over the forums, nor can i actually do it in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

gay_crimes posted:

monogamous relationships are authoritarian, illegitimate, autocratic, Stalinist, etc

yeah that's why they're good