Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Cat Hassler posted:

Russ for Rodgers to relieve mutual disgruntlement

There's some sense in that but why do I get the feeling that both teams would somehow be worse after this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

burn the team down, tank and rebuild.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm thinking Russ could go to maybe the pats, broncos, saints, maaayyybe the texans? I can't think of many teams needy at QB that are also decently coached and GMed and have good OLs and front lines. Honestly I think Russ is like 90% staying with the seahawks.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

How many first round draft picks could they get for DK?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

half cocaine posted:

You shut your whore mouth

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Leperflesh posted:

I'm thinking Russ could go to maybe the pats, broncos, saints, maaayyybe the texans? I can't think of many teams needy at QB that are also decently coached and GMed and have good OLs and front lines. Honestly I think Russ is like 90% staying with the seahawks.

Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Lions, Vikings, Giants, Eagles, WFT, Broncos, Raiders, Texans, Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, Jets are all the teams that could benefit from a Russ upgrade. Whether or not those teams can convince him to play for them is another story. You could probably throw the Colts on that pile too.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

kensei posted:

You shut your whore mouth

His value has never been higher. If Russ walks I say they should cash out what they can.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DariusLikewise posted:

Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Lions, Vikings, Giants, Eagles, WFT, Broncos, Raiders, Texans, Steelers, Browns, Dolphins, Jets are all the teams that could benefit from a Russ upgrade. Whether or not those teams can convince him to play for them is another story. You could probably throw the Colts on that pile too.

Saints, Steelers, Browns all probably become contenders if they can make that move. Everyone else is a lateral move for Wilson

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wilson’s agent provided a list last year of teams he would be willing to play for: Saints, Bears, Raiders, and Cowboys. Raiders may be off that list with the recent turmoil. Cowboys would be stupid to move on from Dak. Saints are obviously still a legitimate target, as are the Bears. Maybe there are some new teams on the list now, but that’s a pretty short list and I can’t imagine it’s grown to include the absolutely dregs of the league like the Jets and Giants.

Steelers and Green Bay (if Rogers moves on) are the only two I can see maybe getting added to his list.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I don't know about the Bears, I find it hard to believe they'd give up on the 11th overall pick after 1 year. Unless ownership totally cleans house.

Saints (this would almost unfair), Steelers, Browns and Panthers seem like good landing spots

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Russ will play for any team where he thinks him being on there takes them to legitimate Super Bowl contenders, which - ironically last year seemed to be the 4 teams he listed :thunk: I doubt he's tied to any one team. So basically, any team that has an excellent defense, good role players but a black hole at QB. Right now, the best team for that is the Steelers, in my opinion, but other teams will certainly be elevated to playoff status with him.

half cocaine posted:

Great value! We could use those picks to potentially draft an elite WR!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MakaVillian posted:

I don't know about the Bears, I find it hard to believe they'd give up on the 11th overall pick after 1 year. Unless ownership totally cleans house.

Saints (this would almost unfair), Steelers, Browns and Panthers seem like good landing spots

Not sure if the Browns would want to move on from Baker. Russ is certainly better right now but Baker is a good deal younger. But that’s probably the trade that works out best for the Seahawks.

Saints and Steelers seem like the most obvious choices. The Panthers seem like they’d be an option but they weren’t on his list last year and I don’t see anything this year that would change that.

I also think the Bears would absolutely cut bait on Fields if they could get Wilson.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Leperflesh posted:

Matt Ryan is not a good QB any more, OP

Any more ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBG-XEjDrS8

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Russ has a no trade clause, so he has control, but if he decides to bail I just hope he doesn't release a list like last time because that fucks over the value to the Seahawks. Either way, he might be a huge dork, but from my eyes is the most important member of the team top to bottom (including office, coaching, etc). I would even be OK if what it takes to keep him is clear the office and put in someone that gives him a say in personnel for little while.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

how about draft a dline and a secondary?

but no. we get dee eskridge

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There was a chance that he was a bargain at that point in the draft (no idea since his brain got knocked out of his head in game 1), but yeah, I still don't understand that pick from a team needs perspective.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Why is it so hard to draft for, you know, poo poo you need?

Like an offensive lineman?

What's up with Stone Forsythe?

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

poo poo. 2020 was not a bad draft year for the Seahawks.

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Team-Pages/Seahawks-Draft-Page.asp

Holy poo poo 2017 was a real loving stinker of a draft year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Has anyone gone from a poo poo hole as bad as Candlestick to a billion dollar piece of poo poo like Levi's before?

Candlestick sucked but it was also awesome and loud and cool and cold. Levi's is sterile and quiet and hot and not cool in the slightest. It pretty much immediately was obvious that York hosed up and hosed up very badly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Has anyone gone from a poo poo hole as bad as Candlestick to a billion dollar piece of poo poo like Levi's before?

Candlestick sucked but it was also awesome and loud and cool and cold. Levi's is sterile and quiet and hot and not cool in the slightest. It pretty much immediately was obvious that York hosed up and hosed up very badly.

Levi perfectly encapsulates silicon valley culture.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Levi perfectly encapsulates silicon valley culture.

Shouldn't it be named after a company that sells datacenters to pets and is worth some absurd amount of money and nobody knows why or something?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

half cocaine posted:

Why is it so hard to draft for, you know, poo poo you need?

Like an offensive lineman?

What's up with Stone Forsythe?

Healthy scratch, basically taking a rookie redshirt. Everybody agreed he wasn't ready to play right away, especially after a rough preseason.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Russ on track to return after the bye.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1451941943311802378?t=6fz6WK10_tzHKLnJR20KDQ&s=19

Monday's game is big. If the Seahawks win they're 3-4 and have only the Jags before the bye - they'd still be in position to fight for a wild card spot. If they lose they're probably too far back to recover.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The latest update on Darrell Taylor:
“Darrell Taylor won’t get much action today, but he feels really good,” Carroll explained Friday. “He has a stiff neck, that’s what he came out with. After all of that we went through to protect him, it’s like he slept bad on his neck, and he has a stiff neck. He really feels like he’s playing, he doesn’t have any doubts that he’s playing so we will hold out hope that it is the case.”

Crazy stuff.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wilson’s agent provided a list last year of teams he would be willing to play for: Saints, Bears, Raiders, and Cowboys. Raiders may be off that list with the recent turmoil. Cowboys would be stupid to move on from Dak. Saints are obviously still a legitimate target, as are the Bears. Maybe there are some new teams on the list now, but that’s a pretty short list and I can’t imagine it’s grown to include the absolutely dregs of the league like the Jets and Giants.

Steelers and Green Bay (if Rogers moves on) are the only two I can see maybe getting added to his list.

Lol if Green Bay goes from Farve to A A Ron to Russ

:smithicide:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol if Green Bay goes from Farve to A A Ron to Russ

:smithicide:

well, uh, you might get Jordan Love out of it

that’s helpful, right?

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

well, uh, you might get Jordan Love out of it

that’s helpful, right?

Saints have to get Love and then transition to late 20s Herbert to continue the trend.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm missing my 3rd game ever at Levi's because I'm not really planning on driving through the BOMB CYCLONE and ATMOSPHERIC RIVER

Also Levi's Stadium sucks major rear end but it's super convenient so whatever I don't care about the lovely stadium now that it no longer kills people.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
We used to get the :siren:PINEAPPLE EXPRESS:siren: in Seattle every fall but not so much anymore because of climate change maybe lol

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Spoeank posted:

Also Levi's Stadium sucks major rear end but it's super convenient so whatever I don't care about the lovely stadium now that it no longer kills people.

This is the truth right here. Everyone loves/loved Candlestick. The problem is entering and leaving on literally 1 exit to 1 highway.

The last game at Levi's I left the stadium in under 15 minutes. Candlestick could take 1+ hour to leave.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m attending the Cardinals game tomorrow. I hope to see a complete dismantling of the Texans via 3 or 4 Nuk touchdowns and a few JJ Watt sacks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

OGS-Remix posted:

The last game at Levi's I left the stadium in under 15 minutes. Candlestick could take 1+ hour to leave.

The trick is to stay to the end so everyone else is already gone.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
If only there were some way to transport masses of people.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

What did they actually do to stop everyone getting heat stroke since a roof was "too expensive" or whatever?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MakaVillian posted:

What did they actually do to stop everyone getting heat stroke since a roof was "too expensive" or whatever?

The cheapest possible solution (take a look at how many home day games the 49ers have in September and October every year.)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Qwijib0 posted:

In... the US? So more highway lanes?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The trick is to stay to the end so everyone else is already gone.

I couldn't leave early because my Seahawks friend was enjoying the game. :mad:

It was his first NFL game ever and I'm glad he had a good time at least lol.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Qwijib0 posted:

To my neighborhood?? So Those People can steal from my friends houses in Menlo Park? Not if my civic association can help it!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The VTA having service after games literally outside of Levi's has helped a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's so weird to build a stadium in this day and age where you basically throw out any home field advantage that you might have had.