Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stdeviation
Oct 19, 2013
Hi guys, I was hoping you could help me find this fighter archtype.

It was basically multiple guys figthing together ala Lost Vikings. The closest I've been able to find was the 3 haflings in a trenchcoat but not quite what I was looking for.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I don't post in this thread but I figured it's the best place to barrel in for advice, hope that's okay.

I have a pen pal in prison who plays 5E with other inmates. Occasionally I mail him stuff from the DM's Guild that he isn't able to get himself. He has a hard time learning what's available though.

He told me about a service he found that claims to print descriptions for "every adventure in the DM's Guild" in a bound volume for $100. Just the description, no content. A hundred bucks just to read a catalog. To me that seems like highway robbery, preying on someone with no access. But on the other hand I'm not seeing a good way to get those descriptions myself short of hours of laborious copy and pasting, so maybe a high price really is appropriate.

Just in case I'm missing anything: is there a good way to export product descriptions en masse from the DM's Guild website, maybe from search results or a wishlist?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Stdeviation posted:

Hi guys, I was hoping you could help me find this fighter archtype.

It was basically multiple guys figthing together ala Lost Vikings. The closest I've been able to find was the 3 haflings in a trenchcoat but not quite what I was looking for.

Cheers!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?245202-Gibberlings-three-in-one-race!-PEACH!
Here it is as a race, inspired by this race from a russian MMO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl0U0Uo0i04

quote:

Sprout: Playing a gibberling does not mean controlling one gibberling, but three. Much as a swarm, the gibberlings are considered a single entity in most cases - they make a single saving throw against spells, traps and other effects, and the whole group suffers the consequences should they fail the save, with the exception of polymorph effects (See below). They have a single pool of hitpoints (though they suffer casualties, after a fashion, as their hitpoints descend to a certain point, see below) and they both wear and benefit from equipment as a collective whole. As they gain class levels or use class features (such as spells, attacks or maneuvers) it is assumed that the trio is cooperating in the task or that two members of the trio are cheering on the third. As such, they can be considered a single individual except where noted below:

e: I always thought it would be fun to play something like this as a rogue/assassin type with one dagger that they toss around in combat :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 21, 2021

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, quick question: If I'm a L3 character who's very likely to be gonna be going up against a vampire (or gods forbid, vampires), what are some good items to equip myself with, in general? Like, are there any magic items that do stuff like deal some radiant damage to creatures who hit/touch me, or even anything handy in non-combatty ways? We're about to head into Waterdeep, so we should have access to plenty of stuff.

So to provide a little more context, my character is a Locathah druid who fights with a shillelagh'd club and no armour (due to my racial thick skin. So I just wear a homemade woven seaweed tunic). I can shift into a direwolf and have Moonbeam as a spell, which I think should be very handy against vampires. (Have some other spells too. Mending and Ice Knife I think it's called. Ranged AoE attack)
I'll probably also fashion some stakes for the team, in case we're able to beat the vamp and get to its resting place. But yeah, I've never actually faced a vampire in D&D before, so I'm not 100% on what to expect and what counters there are, aside from radiant damage and staking the vamp when it's asleep (or tossing it and its coffin into a river/running water!)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, quick question: If I'm a L3 character who's very likely to be gonna be going up against a vampire (or gods forbid, vampires), what are some good items to equip myself with, in general? Like, are there any magic items that do stuff like deal some radiant damage to creatures who hit/touch me, or even anything handy in non-combatty ways? We're about to head into Waterdeep, so we should have access to plenty of stuff.

So to provide a little more context, my character is a Locathah druid who fights with a shillelagh'd club and no armour (due to my racial thick skin. So I just wear a homemade woven seaweed tunic). I can shift into a direwolf and have Moonbeam as a spell, which I think should be very handy against vampires. (Have some other spells too. Mending and Ice Knife I think it's called. Ranged AoE attack)
I'll probably also fashion some stakes for the team, in case we're able to beat the vamp and get to its resting place. But yeah, I've never actually faced a vampire in D&D before, so I'm not 100% on what to expect and what counters there are, aside from radiant damage and staking the vamp when it's asleep (or tossing it and its coffin into a river/running water!)

at level 3 you are going to get destroyed by the rulebook vampire so the best thing you can do is ask your DM what your character would know about whatever vampire they have in store for you

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Major Isoor posted:

Holy Water is useful, though you'd need a ton of it to really do damage to a Vampire and that's expensive. There's some decent items out there that could be useful - I'd suggest looking for a Driftglobe, which is an uncommon magic item that follows you around emitting Light. While normally it is just a fancy magic torch, on command it can emit Daylight once per dawn.

pog boyfriend posted:

at level 3 you are going to get destroyed by the rulebook vampire so the best thing you can do is ask your DM what your character would know about whatever vampire they have in store for you

Right, agreed. Realistically a Level 3 party has no chance against a vampire, so I'd try to follow your DM's lead and trust that they aren't just dumping you into a woodchipper.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 22, 2021

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hah! I'd forgotten about that gangtag. You'd think I'd know all about this by now, eh! :D
(I imagine a giant bulb of garlic won't do the trick like in my av, right? Shame, if not! :v: )

pog boyfriend posted:

Yeah, fair enough. My character is most likely going to be well out of his league with this! At the moment I'm hoping we can beat down the vamp enough while it's in a Moonbeam space, which prevents transformation. Since then if it hits 0hp it has to transform into mist to escape - but if it can't transform, it dies. And Moonbeam prevents transformation, so theoretically if we can get to that point we've just wiped him out completely, without needing to find his resting place. Right? Or have I mistaken something?

Kaal posted:

Holy Water is useful, though you'd need a ton of it to really do damage to a Vampire and that's expensive. There's some decent items out there that could be useful - I'd suggest looking for a Driftglobe, which is an uncommon magic item that follows you around emitting Light. While normally it is just a fancy magic torch, on command it can emit Daylight once per dawn.

Right, agreed. Realistically a Level 3 party has no chance against a vampire, so I'd try to follow your DM's lead and trust that they aren't just dumping you into a woodchipper.

Hmmm, yeah that's a good idea - a driftglobe would be amazing. I think it's a bit pricey for us at the moment, but hopefully we're not far off the mark, as far as getting the funds together goes. A scroll of daylight would also be a good/cheaper alternative, I guess? Assuming we can annihilate him in one fight and he doesn't simply get away to fight again later, or something.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 22, 2021

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

wizzardstaff posted:

I don't post in this thread but I figured it's the best place to barrel in for advice, hope that's okay.

I have a pen pal in prison who plays 5E with other inmates. Occasionally I mail him stuff from the DM's Guild that he isn't able to get himself. He has a hard time learning what's available though.

He told me about a service he found that claims to print descriptions for "every adventure in the DM's Guild" in a bound volume for $100. Just the description, no content. A hundred bucks just to read a catalog. To me that seems like highway robbery, preying on someone with no access. But on the other hand I'm not seeing a good way to get those descriptions myself short of hours of laborious copy and pasting, so maybe a high price really is appropriate.

Just in case I'm missing anything: is there a good way to export product descriptions en masse from the DM's Guild website, maybe from search results or a wishlist?

I fiddled around a bit and didn't find an easy way to do this. An actual comprehensive catalog would be fairly laborious to compile (i.e. it would take several hours of, as you said, tedious copy/pasting). I doubt even the website owners would be able to easily export a human-readable file that contained all of the information from their catalog without requiring a fair amount of manual reformatting. I don't think it's great to sell stuff to people in prison for $100, but I understand the logic that would lead to it, and also the prison bureaucracy makes everything more expensive. Sucks, but good looking out.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, fair enough. My character is most likely going to be well out of his league with this! At the moment I'm hoping we can beat down the vamp enough while it's in a Moonbeam space, which prevents transformation. Since then if it hits 0hp it has to transform into mist to escape - but if it can't transform, it dies. And Moonbeam prevents transformation, so theoretically if we can get to that point we've just wiped him out completely, without needing to find his resting place. Right? Or have I mistaken something?

Hmmm, yeah that's a good idea - a driftglobe would be amazing. I think it's a bit pricey for us at the moment, but hopefully we're not far off the mark, as far as getting the funds together goes. A scroll of daylight would also be a good/cheaper alternative, I guess? Assuming we can annihilate him in one fight and he doesn't simply get away to fight again later, or something.

Remember that you're probably going to need to grapple the vampire to land the moonbeam, unless maybe if you prepare an action to move it just before the vampire's turn (and then the DM gets to figure out how that with legendary actions).

To stop the misty escape you either need to grapple the vampire into a river or other stream (probably not a viable option, since the vampire likely won't get near one), have it fail the save against Moonbeam, or sunlight. For sunlight, a scroll of Dawn would be the easiest I think, though possibly still beyond your means. Note that Daylight is not sunlight, despite the misleading name. So Moonbeam is probably the only option, but aside from the difficulty of having the vampire actually within the beam at the start of its turn, it also needs to fail the save, which is probably only a 40% chance even if it's spent all of its legendary resistances. So you probably only want to break out the moonbeam after its done that, or it might realize it needs to save at least one to make sure it can mist out.

Then there's the vampire's more offensive capabimities to consider, of course. If it's actually a stock vampire and not a spawn or some other homebrew weaker vampire, you're pretty much hosed honestly.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Kenning posted:

I fiddled around a bit and didn't find an easy way to do this. An actual comprehensive catalog would be fairly laborious to compile (i.e. it would take several hours of, as you said, tedious copy/pasting). I doubt even the website owners would be able to easily export a human-readable file that contained all of the information from their catalog without requiring a fair amount of manual reformatting. I don't think it's great to sell stuff to people in prison for $100, but I understand the logic that would lead to it, and also the prison bureaucracy makes everything more expensive. Sucks, but good looking out.

Thanks for the second set of eyes, I really appreciate it. :hfive:

Stdeviation
Oct 19, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?245202-Gibberlings-three-in-one-race!-PEACH!
Here it is as a race, inspired by this race from a russian MMO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl0U0Uo0i04

e: I always thought it would be fun to play something like this as a rogue/assassin type with one dagger that they toss around in combat :kiddo:

Thanks, it sounds pretty funny and cool haha.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

wizzardstaff posted:

Thanks for the second set of eyes, I really appreciate it. :hfive:

Even in prison, I would not want to be sat through the large majority of garbage adventures on the DM's Guild. Surely he would be better suited to being sent good reviewed material that would take awhile to get through? Rather then taking a punt at something that is most likely going to be a 3 boring encounters back to back.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Even in prison, I would not want to be sat through the large majority of garbage adventures on the DM's Guild. Surely he would be better suited to being sent good reviewed material that would take awhile to get through? Rather then taking a punt at something that is most likely going to be a 3 boring encounters back to back.

:shrug:

In this case he told me about the $100 catalog and I said it sounded like a bad deal, but he still wants it unless I can get him that info more cheaply. When he asks me for recommendations I send them, but I trust him to know what he wants. He's got a *lot* of time in there to go through content, in his latest letter he said that one of his campaigns is down to 9 hours per week. (Trouble finding a time for your group to meet? Try getting sentenced to life in prison!)

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

wizzardstaff posted:

:shrug:

In this case he told me about the $100 catalog and I said it sounded like a bad deal, but he still wants it unless I can get him that info more cheaply. When he asks me for recommendations I send them, but I trust him to know what he wants. He's got a *lot* of time in there to go through content, in his latest letter he said that one of his campaigns is down to 9 hours per week. (Trouble finding a time for your group to meet? Try getting sentenced to life in prison!)

I mean part of the fun for this sort of thing is being able to page through all the possibilities. I'm reminded of being a Lego nerd as a kid and going through all the sales magazines and imagining which sets I wanted. It sounds like it could be a good option for him, even if $100 seems pricey for what amounts to a Sears catalogue.

For what it's worth though, if you wanted to create your own version of this sort of info, I'd start by looking at the DMsGuild listing of top 100 products, which have brief summaries attached. It would probably only take an hour or two to figure out how easy and useful it would be to create a document with the title, summary, and price of these selected products.

https://www.dmsguild.com/top_100.php

Kaal fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 22, 2021

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I will be running a Halloween one shot. Tentatively planning to run Death House, but would welcome spooky one-shot recommendations!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I have run Strahd Must Die Tonight! and it was a blast, but you need to be well-prepared and your players need to really be on the ball to make a good pace through it.

You give your player's a truncated version of the Tarokka reading where the allies and artifacts can all be found in Strahd's castle. Then they start in front of Strahd's castle with characters of an appropriate level. Strahd delivers a brief monolog challenging the players, and then they're set loose. He shows up every (real time) hour to taunt them, and at the end he attacks whether they find him or not.

When I did the Tarokka reading, the results couldn't have been better if I hand picked them. The Sunsword was in Strahd's Tomb, I used the suggested Ireena as a Veteran ally and she was found in the tower as a prisoner, and the man himself was sitting on his throne. (Of course, he tossed a wineglass to the floor when the players challenged him!) The players hadn't played the adventure before but managed to bumble through and find everything before finding Strahd before the time was up.

However, I ran it online with battles run by the Avrae D&D Beyond Discord bot, and on Roll20 with unofficial 2D battlemaps of Strahd's castle I bought from DrivethruRPG. I have a premium subscription for Roll20 with all the line of sight and lighting stuff, and went through each map and added walls in all the right spots, with walls of a different color that I could delete to represent doors opening. I also had very experienced players, and I fancy myself an experienced DM. While incredibly fun, it may be a lot to run without computer help and a lot of experience on everyone's part.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I have run Strahd Must Die Tonight! and it was a blast, but you need to be well-prepared and your players need to really be on the ball to make a good pace through it.

You give your player's a truncated version of the Tarokka reading where the allies and artifacts can all be found in Strahd's castle. Then they start in front of Strahd's castle with characters of an appropriate level. Strahd delivers a brief monolog challenging the players, and then they're set loose. He shows up every (real time) hour to taunt them, and at the end he attacks whether they find him or not.

When I did the Tarokka reading, the results couldn't have been better if I hand picked them. The Sunsword was in Strahd's Tomb, I used the suggested Ireena as a Veteran ally and she was found in the tower as a prisoner, and the man himself was sitting on his throne. (Of course, he tossed a wineglass to the floor when the players challenged him!) The players hadn't played the adventure before but managed to bumble through and find everything before finding Strahd before the time was up.

However, I ran it online with battles run by the Avrae D&D Beyond Discord bot, and on Roll20 with unofficial 2D battlemaps of Strahd's castle I bought from DrivethruRPG. I have a premium subscription for Roll20 with all the line of sight and lighting stuff, and went through each map and added walls in all the right spots, with walls of a different color that I could delete to represent doors opening. I also had very experienced players, and I fancy myself an experienced DM. While incredibly fun, it may be a lot to run without computer help and a lot of experience on everyone's part.

This sounds like a lot of fun, if quite a bit of prep. I do really like the VTT suggestions/details.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I am looking for some input as to where to take my 11th level Halfling Ranger after I recently levelled up to Level 12 where I can either take the Ability Score increase, a Feat, or possibly multiclass. I haven't committed to anything, but as far as the current build goes:

Stats:
HP: 99 (Level 11)
AC: 18 (+1 Dragonscale Studded Leather crafted from the scales of a dragon I slew)
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 15 (+2)
CHA: 10 (0)

I have taken the Hunter subclass, with Two Weapon Fighting, Colossus Slayer, Escape the Horde, and Volley. Our largish part consists of a Rogue, Artificer, Cleric, Sorcerer, and Paladin and we are currently fighting a lot of giants and dragons as we finished the main quest in Storm King's Thunder and are cleaning up Giant kings and running into random dragons.

This is my first time playing D&D, and the DM and I both missed that Halflings have disadvantage using longbows at the beginning, so it was retconned after I got an Oathbow that I can use the Oathbow as normal. When we started out I just had a normal longbow and shortswords. In hindsight I should have taken the Archery specialty instead of Two Weapon Fighting. When I started I thought I would be doing much more of the melee, as the Paladin did not join until much later in the campaign and our Rogue was playing his character as a stab-and-retreat type. However, after getting the Oathbow, I found that even without using the Sworn Enemy I was very useful as a ranged attacker. Sworn Enemy really helps mow down tough enemies when needed as well.

Some options I have been considering:
  • Take the Sharpshooter Feat, where on any bow attack I can declare I am taking -5 to hit (essentially cancelling my +5 proficiency bonus with the longbow) for +10 damage on a hit
  • Take +2 CON points and up my HP to 119 at Level 12 (the modifier goes up to +3)
  • Less likely: Multiclassing into a Level 1 Fighter for Second Wind + taking Archery fighting style I would have liked to take in the past

Are there any other Feats or multiclasses that might be good/weird to take?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

You could always dip Rogue for sneak attack I suppose? You're reaching a point where most of your cooler Ranger features have already happened.

You can also stick with Ranger and take Fighting Initiate instead of dipping into Fighter which would prevent you from mixing up your spell/class progression.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Tasha's optional rules let you swap fighting styles whenever you get an ASI, so if you are using those rules you can get Archery now without a dip or a feat.

If not, at least ask your DM if you can swap it out anyway. Different DMs have different takes, but I've never had a problem letting players tweak characters whenever they've figured out something isn't working the way they intended and it can't hurt to ask.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Base Emitter posted:

Tasha's optional rules let you swap fighting styles whenever you get an ASI, so if you are using those rules you can get Archery now without a dip or a feat.

If not, at least ask your DM if you can swap it out anyway. Different DMs have different takes, but I've never had a problem letting players tweak characters whenever they've figured out something isn't working the way they intended and it can't hurt to ask.

Yeah, I was reading Tasha's for the second time since I got it after my post. I ran into that and asked the DM, and he's fine with me switching to Archery with the Martial Versatility, so that is settled.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
I was looking for an artist to commission to draw portraits of my D&D party. Does anyone have recommendations?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

NotNut posted:

I was looking for an artist to commission to draw portraits of my D&D party. Does anyone have recommendations?

I've commissioned a lot of artists, generally I've found them in /r/HungryArtists or /r/ArtCommissions there's lots of artists who for a good price will do D&D art for you. My suggestion would be to go there but if you have a rough budget in mind I can check my spreadsheet and see which ones might suit you? :)

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I came up with the idea of a sentient iron door named Fangdooria made by a vampire artificer on the fly last night. I started out with "a magic mouth appears and begins talking" and ended up with "it requests having blood smeared on it but, unfortunately for it, lacks the ability to consume or even taste blood."

I'm especially proud of the name. I have no idea how I came up with that on the spot.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Some of the Ravnica vampires are fair fights for a level 3 party, although they fight somewhat differently.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT
Trying to find a resource that indicates how much damage an arcane focus (orb) could take before it breaks.

I am running a very stupid character concept for a one shot. I have a blind wizard who has chiseled his spells onto a set of stone eggs to use as spellbooks.

I really really want to use catapult to fling my eggs/spellbooks around as weapons, but need to know how many hits they can take before I have to mend them back together.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I dunno if arcane foci are particularly more resilient than other objects but based on the SRD a tiny stone object would have 17 AC and 1d4 or 2d4 HP depending on how fragile or resilient it is.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

Moose King posted:

I dunno if arcane foci are particularly more resilient than other objects but based on the SRD a tiny stone object would have 17 AC and 1d4 or 2d4 HP depending on how fragile or resilient it is.

I chose arcane foci because my thought/hope was that as magical objects/equipment that they would be more resilient.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Propane C3H8 posted:

I chose arcane foci because my thought/hope was that as magical objects/equipment that they would be more resilient.

I would just come to an agreement with your DM on it. Doesn’t seem like much of an ask as long as you’re not cheesing it somehow. Do they even really have to take damage?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

NotNut posted:

Claudio Pozas is an awesome dude and he has taken commissions in the past. Legit D&D artist, etc. It'll probably run you a few hundred dollars but he's who I'd use.

I believe you can contact him easiest via his Patreon or via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/claudiopozas/status/1292622502745735170

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

denimgorilla posted:

I would just come to an agreement with your DM on it. Doesn’t seem like much of an ask as long as you’re not cheesing it somehow. Do they even really have to take damage?

I think that's probably what we will do. Technically catapult says that the object and the person hit take 3d8 bludgeoning, but this is really one of the only offensive spells I've taken for the build so it probably won't break the game to say it just doesn't damage the eggs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Propane C3H8 posted:

Trying to find a resource that indicates how much damage an arcane focus (orb) could take before it breaks.

I am running a very stupid character concept for a one shot. I have a blind wizard who has chiseled his spells onto a set of stone eggs to use as spellbooks.

I really really want to use catapult to fling my eggs/spellbooks around as weapons, but need to know how many hits they can take before I have to mend them back together.

I dunno if it's mentioned in other classes that get a focus as part of the sublcass (The Stars Druid book doesn't mention stats), but for the Genie Warlock, D&D Beyond's entry says this about the Genie's Vessel: "The vessel’s AC equals your spell save DC. Its hit points equal your warlock level plus your proficiency bonus, and it is immune to poison and psychic damage."

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The arcane focus status just means that it can be used to cast spells, not that it's enchanted like a +1 weapon or something. I don't see why your crystal ball would be any more resilient than some scammer's crystal ball.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah an arcane focus is roughly equivalent to a weapon for martials and i don't make my martials track individual ammo or weapon degradation. I mean who cares whatever but a sling stone probably does less damage than a cantrip so my attitude would just be who cares.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

As dm I'd just rule your eggs are spell components and would be contained in sufficient quantity in a component pouch. Presumably you spend your long rests making them as needed through arcane or mundane means unworthy of elaboration. No need to complicate things

It's not like you're angling for a mechanical advantage

Yusin
Mar 4, 2021

Fizban's is out on Beyond. I can answer questions if anyone has them.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Yusin posted:

Fizban's is out on Beyond. I can answer questions if anyone has them.

Can you give a quick rundown of the Ranger changes?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
ignore

Yusin
Mar 4, 2021

Samadhi posted:

Can you give a quick rundown of the Ranger changes?

It's the same for the most part. But you can use it as a mount now at level 7 cause it increases to medium size though it can't both carry you and fly. The biggest change from the UA Version and Fizban's is that it now lasts until it dies or is summoned again. The old one also only lasted your Proficiency Bonus in hours. Other then that it's largely the same with some minor changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They released the full subclass as a sneak preview in the lead up to the release, being able to ride your dragon at level 7 is a super cool addiiton