Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

why does this read left to right. that's hosed up and rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it cant           helped.
be

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
dune was so loving good man

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

watched police story for the first time yesterday and might watch it for the second time today

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Spoderman posted:

watched police story for the first time yesterday and might watch it for the second time today

police story rules.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jackie chan ftw

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

pretty much every movie i’ve seen out of 80s-90s hong kong is incredible so i’m gonna
watch every early jackie chan movie i can get my hands on

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

jackie chan ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finally started watching The Sopranos tonight and was expecting it to be a slow burn where you hate everyone for the first few episodes but having watched two I'm absolutely hooked, this is great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watched The Trip, the Norwegian movie. It’s aight. Might peep some of Lord Carpenter’s finest.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gf wanted to watch Lynch’s Dune before the new one and she hated it. Now I don’t know if she’ll wanna watch the new one lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

saw the french dispatch. i didn’t like it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gf wanted to watch Lynch’s Dune before the new one and she hated it. Now I don’t know if she’ll wanna watch the new one lol

it puts lynchs dune in stark contrast, to say the least

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lynch Dune is perhaps my 2nd favorite movie to fall asleep to after UHF with the commentary track.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I probably said it in this very thread but waking up in the middle of the fat guy screaming and levitating or agent Cooper crossfading with a nasty larva is a top ten Feel.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I probably said it in this very thread but waking up in the middle of the fat guy screaming and levitating or agent Cooper crossfading with a nasty larva is a top ten Feel.

Lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol disturbing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It was the first time I’d watched it in probably like 10 years, it doesn’t quite hold up but the production design is top notch and it’s remarkably weird for a big budget major studio epic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the soundtrack for the lynch dune is insanely awesome

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

buddy got so drunk last night that he watched the lynch Dune without realizing it wasnt the new one. insane.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

got tickets to see the new one in imax tomorrow, im stoked

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

got tickets to see the new one in imax tomorrow, im stoked

its gotta be awesome in imax. sound design is insane

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

buddy got so drunk last night that he watched the lynch Dune without realizing it wasnt the new one. insane.

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao amazing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watched Malignant tonight and i'm not really sure what to think about it. hit a weird "b-movie with an actual budget" vibe especially with all the CGI

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

finished stephen king’s son’s short story collection “Full Throttle” after hearing a description of a chartered exotic game hunt for rich guys that takes place through a little door to fanciful narnia land and thinking it sounded badass. it was cool. gonna finish Laird Barron’s “A Beautiful Thing…” collection and then maybe get back to Charlie Kaufman’s insane comedy novel

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in Antkind, Charlie Kaufman’s tragic protagonist gets a job at Zappo’s to sniff a specific woman’s shoes and accidentally fails upward through the company, and it cracks me up whenever i fhink about it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i watched geralds game a week ago i think and i liked most of it but i hated the insane amount of really stupid plot jammed into the last 10 minutes, really soured me on the whole thing. also it lingered too long on the stuff with her dad. i know its supposed to be uncomfortable and bad and stuff but come on i get it. did i post about this already

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
no i didnt i dont think. speaking of charlie kaufman i need to rewatch synecdoche new york soon. i watched it a while back and it didnt really grab me, too surreal maybe. but i want to give him the benefit of the doubt cuz adaptation and eternal sunshine are great

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

no i didnt i dont think. speaking of charlie kaufman i need to rewatch synecdoche new york soon. i watched it a while back and it didnt really grab me, too surreal maybe. but i want to give him the benefit of the doubt cuz adaptation and eternal sunshine are great

my favorite charlie kaufman movie is human nature

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i watched geralds game a week ago i think and i liked most of it but i hated the insane amount of really stupid plot jammed into the last 10 minutes, really soured me on the whole thing. also it lingered too long on the stuff with her dad. i know its supposed to be uncomfortable and bad and stuff but come on i get it. did i post about this already

Carla Gugino… 😍

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

my favorite charlie kaufman movie is human nature

i havent seen that or anomalisa. or that new one he did on netflix i think. behind on movies generally

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i havent seen that or anomalisa. or that new one he did on netflix i think. behind on movies generally

human nature was the first one he did with michael gondry. its not very ambitious but its a lot of fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hes one of my fav but ive still gotta watch synecdoche and ending things

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

I felt the same way about synecdoche when I first watched it tbh, I should give it another shot too. Adaptation is one of my favorite movies of all time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just realized the redhead babe in this sopranos episode was Alia in Dune 1984.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao at Christopher meeting Jon Favreau and also AJ getting assigned the stranger and immediately becoming an existentialist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol