Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I hate to contibute to this but for the past three days this thread has been 75% pure suck.

Anyway, guess which politician this is:

"His sweet tooth is a theme. A former flatmate tells us Rees-Mogg has “sugar on everything, including Frosties”. At Claridge’s, he always orders chocolate soufflé. He has a penchant for Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, stacking up to 60 on his desk at one time."
Jacob Rees Mogg

Sunblest and Soufles

The rest of the article is worth a read, here's a few quotes:

"Just look at the evidence. According to his expenses, Mark Francois, who resembles a luncheon meat statue of Penfold from Danger Mouse, once survived almost entirely on Peperami and Pringles."
This is Mark Francois:

"...But perhaps the shape of post-Brexit meals to come could be witnessed in the Commons during a recent Ken Clarke speech, when Iain Duncan Smith was caught on camera picking his nose, rolling up the snot and popping it in his mouth. Is this what they mean when they say “in the event of no-deal, there will be adequate food for everyone?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

friends you can just leave terf bogcreature island and never return it’s very good to do it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

tote up a bags posted:

friends you can just leave terf bogcreature island and never return it’s very good to do it

can confirm. My parents want me to go back for christmas and I just gotta convince them to come here instead so they can have meat in their christmas dinner

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
mums net? more like mums het

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mums Nyet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
logging my unfuckable self into the mums net forums to talk about the trans folk. my fanny looks like a split tennis ball

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Judakel posted:

logging my unfuckable self into the mums net forums to talk about the trans folk. my fanny looks like a split tennis ball

gently caress you.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Valko posted:

gently caress you.

*Looks at Graham Linehan* Seems like it's pretty spot-on...? :thunk:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Valko posted:

gently caress you.

are you offended as a mums dot net user?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

bitmap posted:

lmao england sucks dude and none of us are americans

No no, there's definitely Americans here, some of those are even Canadian.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

How long until britain legalises (taxes) weed?

Soon I think.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Judakel posted:

my fanny looks like a split tennis ball

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'll pretend this wasn't transphbic so I can lol at this simile

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Valko posted:

I hate to contibute to this but for the past three days this thread has been 75% pure suck.
OK, have some levity:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

OK, have some levity:

ahaha

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's great that every page is now 50% Americans desperately trying to get in a burn on literally the only European country worse than theirs

ive got a purple passport and a green card and BOTH THESE loving PLACES loving SUCK EVERYWHERE SUCKS gently caress THIS WORLD

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's great that every page is now 50% Americans desperately trying to get in a burn on literally the only European country worse than theirs

there's nothing wrong with americans of course like this board is at least 95% americans. it really is coming in explicitly to post badly and in a way no one likes? like that dude who was so performatively against british food that he thought battering and frying things was innately disgusting and foreign. even though i guarantee he could order at least five separate doordashes right now to get that no matter where he was in the US, lol.

a bunch of people trying to make this thread another trump thread, another covid thread. the uncharitable description would be a contaminant but like - i do not understand why we have a bunch of threads where the expectation is you behave like a weird rear end in a top hat and i double do not understand why people expect to keep doing so everywhere and not get any blowback. we do not need another terrible thread, we have approximately eighteen for uspol is loving awful to read and constantly tries to bring conversation back around to endless american politics. it's loving exhausting and terrible and extremely dull. and there are a million better places for it!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
there are no prizes awarded and no one is impressed by your excessively performative nonsense? it has this energy of the guy buying a movie ticket to a film he knows he doesn't like so he can make a big scene about demanding his money back. it's weird and the worker at the theater who is forced into being there doesn't deserve nor enjoy your weird stunt. frustrating sometimes.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I wouldn't say it's performative to point out that breading is not food, it's more like just what you say to a child when you're teaching them about what is and is not food

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pryor on Fire posted:

I wouldn't say it's performative to point out that breading is not food, it's more like just what you say to a child when you're teaching them about what is and is not food

it's not breading mate, it's battered. it's genuinely insanely common - it is used by almost every culture in the world from my observation. but because you came in with a specific intent you read it like it was some crazy weird thing.

like i got pages and pages over the years about complaining about british food it's just entirely justified by british food. i would not go "oh my god salt they salt their food can you believe it how disgusting" because it would 1) feel like i was looking for a problem i could performatively overact to rather than genuinely expressing an opinion and 2) be talking about something super common in my culture and probably diet?

i dunno man, i don't mean to pick on you here it's just - it doesn't feel sincere?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
like if there was one american thread (god that would be a much better board) which was obligated to cover all of american discourse, and brits would come in and go "oh my god they have running water in their toilets! what an insane disgusting place, to move feces away with sanitation!" endlessly, over and over again, when you are trying to talk about politics. politely it sucks a huge amount of rear end and makes the thread a ton worse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that lump of fish and chips Boris was munching away on looked terrible tho

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that lump of fish and chips Boris was munching away on looked terrible tho

fuckin absolutely, that's fine! it's dire, you can express your opinion and people can argue with you. you don't come in and go "oh my god he's eating off a plate what a savage"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CoolCab posted:

like if there was one american thread (god that would be a much better board) which was obligated to cover all of american discourse, and brits would come in and go "oh my god they have running water in their toilets! what an insane disgusting place, to move feces away with sanitation!" endlessly, over and over again, when you are trying to talk about politics. politely it sucks a huge amount of rear end and makes the thread a ton worse.

This happens all the time in Trump thread, though? :thunk:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
people think me hostile for saying this but great go complain about it there. i do not care about threads i don't like, read or if i was being completely honest care at all about the continued existence of. if i were to express my genuine opinion on them and people who post there it wouldn't be kind, but whatever go poof beefers or make vlogs somewhere i won't read. for a long time we could maintain threads with different standards and norms and this was a place where we weren't like those threads and liked it, those threads weren't like us and they liked it and things were fine.

don't starbucks this fuckin thread. don't colonize it via the terrible trump or cop thread or whatever norms. if you wanna post badly please do it elsewhere?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
like if the trump thread is particularly bad there are only three hundred or so other uspol threads you can go read instead. we do not have that flexibility and unsurprisingly that leads to frustration. come on.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
settle down beavis

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Maybe the yanks wouldn't troll this thread if they didn't get 2 pages worth of posts out of you in response coolcab

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
once parliament requires posting licenses we can simply require new posters in the thread to post their license and weed out the people not currently on knife crime island

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
There is an exam to post in UKMT or this thread and it's just a picture of Mike Gapes with the question "who is this man"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

There is an exam to post in UKMT or this thread and it's just a picture of Mike Gapes with the question "who is this man"

Are you trying to trick people into posting goatse?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Get used to Americans invading your spaces you loving swine, you absolute trash. Albion is just a subsidiary of Yankee Corp now, it's what your ham sandwich race voted for.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

me, posting in an american thread: oh boy I hope Mr Sanders wins the primaries. It would be great to see things turn up for the working class of america!

americans, posting in the UK thread:

Mantis42 posted:

Get used to Americans invading your spaces you loving swine, you absolute trash. Albion is just a subsidiary of Yankee Corp now, it's what your ham sandwich race voted for.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hello. I, also, hate the british.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeCrotch posted:

i suppose the way to pass the test is if you instinctively punch your screen in rage and disgust

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Who could ever be disgusted at Mike Gapes? He's one of our greatest comedy treasures

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mike Gapes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

Who could ever be disgusted at Mike Gapes? He's one of our greatest comedy treasures

man's like the immanentized platonic ideal of a shitlib gammon

or gammon melt, as they say on plague island

Cerebral Bore has issued a correction as of 10:38 on Oct 24, 2021

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Hello. I, also, hate the british.

pull up a chair by the fire, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For years you have been asking, 'Who is Mike Gapes?'. This is Mike Gapes speaking