Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Did everyone get opiates for their wisdom teeth removal but me? They just stuck me with numbing agents and went to town.

Nitrous to start, then Versed + Fentanyl during the procedure, then Vicodin that I didn’t need afterward. I blitzed through my extraction with no swelling and barely enough pain to justify the opiates for that night and the next day.

This was in 2004 and watching The Life Aquatic doped up on Vicodin the day after was an incredible experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Did everyone get opiates for their wisdom teeth removal but me? They just stuck me with numbing agents and went to town.

I got none after mine, but they were done by my childhood dentist. I tool some ibuprofen and was ok.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
VA took mine and saw I had a motrin 800 script for my back. Just a mouth full of gauze for a 90 minute drive back to the apartment.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I got a prescription, but the first one resulted in projectile vomiting so instead I just spent the day drooling blood on myself while intermittently crying on the couch because projectile vomiting after having wisdom teeth pulled results in a really, really bad day.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Nitrous to start, then Versed + Fentanyl during the procedure, then Vicodin that I didn’t need afterward. I blitzed through my extraction with no swelling and barely enough pain to justify the opiates for that night and the next day.

This was in 2004 and watching The Life Aquatic doped up on Vicodin the day after was an incredible experience.

Had the same experience after my surgery watching "Life of Pi". After I woke up I tossed the rest of the pills because holy poo poo.

I read something like 1/10 people who complete a 7 day Vicodin script become addicted.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I got a script for hydrocodone (I'm not sure how to spell that) and after the second day I stopped taking it, though that's because my young and dumb rear end didn't understand drinking liquor and taking things like that don't mix.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
As someone who loves drugs, take more of my teeth because nitrous fuckin owns.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Opiates make my nervous system buzz in a lovely way, and make me itchy. I guess it's a good thing.

The last few times I tried weed though, I got restless leg syndrome and an incredibly specific awareness of the toes on my right foot. Like, the kind you get when someone reminds you of your tongue and you can't not notice the position of it in your mouth, or when someone talks about breathing and then instead of an unconscious reflex you can't think about anything but breathing for a few minutes.

I'd guess "laced" but it was several years apart from different people and the same result. So I guess burn pits or whatever ruined me for weed.

I haven't tried edibles, being in a deep red state and knowing nobody who does weed. (Except my niece's deadbeat boyfriend, and I'm not going to ask that motherfucker) So I guess it's sticking to bourbon, and now after buying this fantastic bottle of Foursquare, I guess rum too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Opiates are just the best. Well, for the first 30 minutes and then it's basically babbys first drug and I'm off to a stone cold sleep for 6 plus hours.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol no one laces weed. "Here let me sprinkle this more expensive drug on your eighth" is not dealer logic. It's a DARE scare tactic.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm not sure if I should be jealous or grateful that opiates just make me incredibly nauseated.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I got a script for hydrocodone (I'm not sure how to spell that) and after the second day I stopped taking it, though that's because my young and dumb rear end didn't understand drinking liquor and taking things like that don't mix.

I got 40 pills of hydrocodone after my "toothpick incident" and subsequent "surgery" back in AZ 2017, and when I picked up the prescription and it dawned on me what it was, I just didn't touch them at all. Partly out of respect for their potency, partly due to my knowledge of weapons-grade poo poo being prescribed casually in the US.
Good choice to this day.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol no one laces weed. "Here let me sprinkle this more expensive drug on your eighth" is not dealer logic. It's a DARE scare tactic.

It never plays out like that, but I've smoked with a guy once and wondered why I was so goddamned hyped up, and "oh yeah I forgot to tell you". That's what I always assumed the case was when it happened.

That said, candy sticks are amazing, and it's a good thing I quit coke decades ago because whooooo the two together are something

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Okay, I can see that logic, especially if it's happened before. It's way more likely to happen when it's a friend or acquaintance that doesn't realize you're not into harder poo poo than when you're just picking up a quarter from a dealer. That's an easy way for a dealer to lose a customer, lose money on the front end trying to hook you, or enough to get someone to turn them in. Weed dealers are generally not that nefarious.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Crack-laced pot was how DMX got hooked. I think it was from a mentor rather than a dealer.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 18, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/lxtrtFg.mp4

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GD_American posted:

Opiates make my nervous system buzz in a lovely way, and make me itchy. I guess it's a good thing.

The last few times I tried weed though, I got restless leg syndrome and an incredibly specific awareness of the toes on my right foot. Like, the kind you get when someone reminds you of your tongue and you can't not notice the position of it in your mouth, or when someone talks about breathing and then instead of an unconscious reflex you can't think about anything but breathing for a few minutes.

Bolded reminds me of Twin Peaks, and I'm forever thankful that it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKZUuMIFoOk

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

well thank loving God I saw that afterwards

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

Crack-laced pot was how DMX got hooked. I think it was from a mentor rather than a dealer.

I've always just known people to put powder coke in blunts. It's called a dirty blunt.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed in two sessions when I was 16.

Asked for General Anaesthetic and was refused. Just got an injection instead. Felt like my jaw was being wrenched out.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I had mine taken out before I went in.

They knocked me out completely. The first drug gave me a seriously intense burning sensation all over, then I was out.

Don't know what the burning pain was for, but it was before they put in the sleepy drug.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I went through an oral surgeon after x-rays showed that the bottom right one was close to the main nerve, IV sedation got to I think 93 before I went to sleep.

Told to take otc motrin for pain or fever.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I had my uppers out in Parris Island with local ana and had a days bedrest. Woke up to the platoon getting quarterdecked and fell right back asleep :cool:

I also saved the vicodin and motrin they gave me for the crucible. Was drugged out as gently caress at the EGA ceremony, it was fabulous

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Eason the Fifth posted:

I also saved the vicodin and motrin they gave me for the crucible. Was drugged out as gently caress at the EGA ceremony, it was fabulous

Nothing half as good as Vicodin but I saved some Motrin and a few other things, mostly pilfered from a Z pack and some other sources for something like the final PT test in basic or something like that.

I remember our flight showing up to beast week so sickly that the other MTIs wouldn’t come within feet of us and shortly after we got there one showed up on a gator with the back loaded with Z packs that were given to each individual, no record, no option to refuse.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Exit dental exam, guy said "that bottom left one is aimed like a pistol at the nerve next to it, one day in a year or 10 years you're going to wake up screaming in pain. Would you rather get it out now, before you'd have to pay for it?" and then scheduled me. They doped me up silly (my wife still laughs about it, I wandered out when they left me alone and caused a minor panic trying to find me, I was sitting next to my wife in the waiting room drooling and laughing). I don't remember a thing until later that day.

They skimped me a little on the Vicodin (I think 2-3 days), but if that's the only complain I had about Ft Gordon dental then they're a-ok in my book

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I just realized I met more people who had used heroine while in the Air Force in less than two than three years of university where I don’t think I met anyone who was doing heroine while there and they didn’t even piss test.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've always just known people to put powder coke in blunts. It's called a dirty blunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10yrPDf92hY

quote:

Projects tore up, gang signs get thrown up
Cocaine laced in marijuana
And they wonder why I rarely smoke now
Imagine if your first blunt had you foaming at the mouth
I was straight tweaking the next weekend we broke even
I made allegiance that made a promise to see you bleeding
You know the reasons but still won't ever know my life
Kendrick AKA Compton's human sacrifice

Cocaine, weed
N----- been mixing poo poo since the 80's, loc
Sherm sticks, butt-nakeds, dip
Make a n----- flip

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I get this website is like 20 years old but seriously why is it so hard to add memes and poo poo like let’s drop the pretense.

Edit: there is a man with a picture of a stick figure shooting a dog on his shirt at this bar ?!?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Do you think the head of the CIA gets pissed tested?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cenen posted:

Do you think the head of the CIA gets pissed tested?

political appointees can get all job requirements waived, so i doubt it.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If a CIA agent can't beat a piss test they deserve to be fired

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Grip it and rip it posted:

If a CIA agent can't beat a piss test they deserve to be fired

It's not a black site interrogation, the piss wont change its story if you hit it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
There has to be a waterboarding joke in here somewhere

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
If I was a samurai I simply would not disembowel myself in front of the old dude in a colorful robe eating noodles and only half paying attention.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

so you'd make your battle buddy cut your head off then?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You only got the beheading if you were good.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I am toasted out of my mind right now watching The Cosmos.

Man, that poo poo almost made me cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

ASAPI posted:

I am toasted out of my mind right now watching The Cosmos.

Man, that poo poo almost made me cry.

which one?