Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

Sources tell Consequence that this is part of a pattern for Halls, a veteran assistant director who has worked on projects including Reno 911, Bones, and The Matrix Reloaded. One person who asked to remain anonymous said that she had twice filed formal safety complaints against Halls. Another person, who asked to be identified as ‘Jay,’ recounted several times that he said Halls ignored safety protocols.

In one instance when, “We did have a gun on set,” Jay said Halls consistently tried to either skip or hurry through the safety run-throughs. “I would want to have these safety meetings. I can show them [actors] that the chamber is empty, the magazine is empty, so they can be comfortable on set. I’m the only person who holds it, or maybe an armorer if you wanted a flashbang effect. The AD is supposed to check it each time, they are supposed to be the last line of defense. He would always roll his eyes. ‘Do we need to do a safety meeting?’ He would do it and he would be flippant. ‘Well guys, we’ve got a gun on set, same as always.'”

Most troubling to Jay, “There was one day the actress was aiming it at her head. He didn’t want to do safety meeting! It took a person from another department demanding the meeting to finally hold it. It shouldn’t be like that. It should be first and foremost safety.”

https://consequence.net/2021/10/alec-baldwin-shooting-crew-walked-off-set/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

They’re absolutely sure the videographer is dead? I’ve read about a couple of incidents where they were sure someone was dead but they were actually alive and in a very deep sleep. I just don’t want them burying anybody who isn’t dead

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

alpaca diseases posted:

King Vidiot posted:

True, if they give Tarantino access to CGI gun technology he'll just use it to make a movie about female assassins who fire bullets out of their feet.
…go on

I guess Tarantino is directing Bayonetta:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Spicy!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lol shes one of the most powerful and influential people in the US lol

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

• It was assistant director and schedule pusher / company man Halls, who took gun from cart and handed it to Baldwin, without inspecting it, and while confidently stating "cold gun"
  • Halls had long history of skipping or trying to skip safety meetings and procedures, and was the named subject of numerous safety complaints from members of the union crew that left and which was replaced with non-union scabs that same morning.
  • Gutierrez-Reed, the armorer responsible for the guns, was apparently absent from set when the event took place, and so by implication Halls did not confer with her before retrieving the gun from the cart.
  • Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer, was shot and fatally wounded in the chest, not her shoulder.
  • It was Joel Souza, the director, who was (non-fatally) wounded in the shoulder (he stood behind Halyna).

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

King Vidiot posted:

True, if they give Tarantino access to CGI gun technology he'll just use it to make a movie about female assassins who fire bullets out of their feet.

That was called planet terror and iirc Tarantino made the other grindhouse movie, not that one

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

frumpykvetchbot posted:

• It was assistant director and schedule pusher / company man Halls, who took gun from cart and handed it to Baldwin, without inspecting it, and while confidently stating "cold gun"
  • Halls had long history of skipping or trying to skip safety meetings and procedures, and was the named subject of numerous safety complaints from members of the union crew that left and which was replaced with non-union scabs that same morning.
  • Gutierrez-Reed, the armorer responsible for the guns, was apparently absent from set when the event took place, and so by implication Halls did not confer with her before retrieving the gun from the cart.
  • Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer, was shot and fatally wounded in the chest, not her shoulder.
  • It was Joel Souza, the director, who was (non-fatally) wounded in the shoulder (he stood behind Halyna).

Other reports say that Reed removed a casing from the gun after the incident and gave it to police. That suggests she was around when the incident happened. The script supervisor specifically mentioned in the 911 call that it was Halls' responsibility to check the guns.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

The biggest take here is that the person shouting "cold gun" wasn't even the person who was supposed to be handling this poo poo so who knows where the freaking armored even was at the time.

No you see the gun had been sitting outside so when they picked it up they said “oof that is a cold gun” then Alec ‘Pinkerton’ Baldwin grabbed it out of their hands and went union busting.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

going to start saying cold gun whenever I hand something to somebody

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That whole 'cold gun' system breaks down if you're one of the people who keep all your guns with bullets in them, in the fridge.:(

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
or, just have dipshit AD grab a piece and say it's all good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dr_rat posted:

That whole 'cold gun' system breaks down if you're one of the people who keep all your guns with bullets in them, in the fridge.:(

this is a deep cut

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that any movie that has guns could probably have swords instead and it'd be a lot safer

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dr_rat posted:

This whole thing really raises some questions. Just how cold does a gun have to be before it won’t fire? Is the freezer enough, or do I need to buy an ice chest?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that any movie that has guns could probably have swords instead and it'd be a lot safer

For what a nobler weapon than the finely honed gentlemans blade!

*tips fedora and flourishes cape*

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Vengarr posted:

This whole thing really raises some questions. Just how cold does a gun have to be before it won’t fire? Is the freezer enough, or do I need to buy an ice chest?

it must've been pretty cold because it put the cinematographer on ice

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

going to start saying cold gun whenever I hand something to somebody

*tosses u another brewski*

cold gun

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Orson Wells insisted on using a real knife cuz it looked better under the stage lights. I think you know where this story is headed

Dipshits will find a way to be unsafe

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gutcruncher posted:

Orson Wells insisted on using a real knife cuz it looked better under the stage lights. I think you know where this story is headed

Dipshits will find a way to be unsafe

Nah, that was just method acting.

quote:

Actor Joseph Holland, who played the title role in Caesar, was accidentally stabbed by Welles during the performance on April 6, 1938.[11][12] Welles performed with a real dagger, which caught the light dramatically during the assassination scene. Holland collapsed on the stage floor and remained motionless, and in time the cast members realized that he was bleeding profusely. At the end of the scene he was taken by taxi to the hospital. During the month it took Holland to recover, the role of Caesar was played by John Hoysradt.[13] Holland returned to the Caesar cast on May 5, 1938.[14]

Welles played Brutus.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

For what a nobler weapon than the finely honed gentlemans blade!

*tips fedora and flourishes cape*

i was thinking more of the noble and distinguished samurai wielding hattori hanzo steel

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
To be fair, there was simply no way for Alec Baldwin to know that pointing a firearm at a woman and pulling the trigger could be dangerous.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Armorer explaining what should have been done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1X5L-AufQ

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

watch him run for president somehow, because this is the dark zone

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Icochet posted:

Has he killed anyone today?

no, but he's probably thought about it

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is now all sounding suspicious af if the reporting is true about the gun being loaded with live ammo and placed on the cart unattended. And right before that particular scene.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Sophy Wackles posted:

This is now all sounding suspicious af if the reporting is true about the gun being loaded with live ammo and placed on the cart unattended. And right before that particular scene.

Probably just people being lazy and careless.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Sophy Wackles posted:

has q said anything about this yet? wigga wigga

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Novo posted:

has q said anything about this yet? wigga wigga

Something something Queen of England something something Der Freischütz

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I for one am ready to go to the barricades in defense of revolutionary Alex Baldwin

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

That was called planet terror and iirc Tarantino made the other grindhouse movie, not that one

Yes it was in the Rodriguez movie:

dr_rat posted:

It also messes up with the Swiss Cheese model when you keep the gun next to a head of Emmentaler

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Hmm

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

come on, man!

[edit] holy poo poo its the wizard master back with another amazing hot take hahahah

don't make fun of alec Baldwin killing someone
to:
Possibly a pedophile cover up?!?

You can't be real.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 24, 2021

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

That movies name after a rewrite and a licensing deal? Bayonetta

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Not sure if I can trust Walter whites little bro but why was there an actual real bullet of the right size and caliber near the set in the first place?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

Not sure if I can trust Walter whites little bro but why was there an actual real bullet of the right size and caliber near the set in the first place?

The rumor that the armor took one of the guns out shooting would explain that if it is indeed true

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

frumpykvetchbot posted:

This is all interesting and in my mind slowly clears up how this could happen. One thing I still don't get is - what was a gun loaded with live ammunition doing on the set? Was it somebody's private gun? Then why was it just lying around unattended? Was it a gun used in the movie? Then why would somebody put a live round into it in the first place?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There's so much information and misinformation going out, it's very much not clear, but if it was a live bullet, it seems the armorer went out shooting...

If that the case, then there were two just monumental gently caress ups, not just one. Honestly with everything else that has been said it seems like the set was just a mess.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I just want to get to the part of the court case where the prosecutor asks,

quote:

Ms. Reed, in your own words please describe the role and responsibilities of a film armorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Alec Baldwin will go on to sing Bohemian Rhapsody on Saturday Night Live.

Ultimately the killer will be found to be Capitalism. No penalty will be paid.