Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember which run it is, but there's a great bit in an FF comic where Reed asks one of the Power Pack kids who is like 18 to come work with the kids in his Future Foundation and the guy admits that now he's gotten his PhD at such a young age he'd like to put it to use, and Reed just completely happily with zero malice goes,"Oh that'll be great, my 4 year old daughter has a couple of PhDs so you can share notes :)"

I am perpetually nerd angry at whoever decided Valeria should be 3 during the Hickman run. I totally get and support genius kids, but that's going into straight up baby genius territory. She's running around and making plans and keeping up with all of the other characters the whole time. She's one of my favorite newer characters but I don't think anything changes if you make her, like, 7.

Now that I think about it in the MCU though, I guess it would be pretty funny to have basically the Olsen twins from Full House as the smartest person in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The annoying thing for me was that the artists were clearly drawing her as being like 8 or 9 years old, so every so often there would be a line saying she was 3/4 years old that really stood out as silly.

Series was fantastic other than that though, that was such an enjoyable run.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For anyone who owns a gaming PC or an Xbox, I got a 3 month subscription to Gamepass for $2.50 and Im playing through the Avengers campaign right now. I have never heard of Kamala Khan before but I like her just fine. The characters are written exactly the same as the movies, just voiced very differently. Enjoying the gameplay so far, no really interesting villains yet, but I'm definitely feeling like a comic book hero running and jumping and fighting robots. Lots of cool setpieces and sequences like getting chased by the hulk through a crashed helicarrier. I know the game itself is mired in MTX horseshit but if you just wanna play a single player Avengers game playing through the campaign for less than $3 seems good.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

An origin story is not a goddamned spoiler.

That's why I didn't tag them, but I figure a majority of the thread readers have at least seen a Fantastic Four comic book sometime in their lives. But, on the other hand, we do have some first-time watchers too, so who knows!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Enjoying the gameplay so far, no really interesting villains yet, but I'm definitely feeling like a comic book hero running and jumping and fighting robots.

Oh, there won't be,that's the whole game.

Honestly, the single player is fun and worth a $30 purchase, but as it strays away from the Ms Marvel storyline into the extended Avengers GaaS multiplayer stuff, it rapidly loses it fun. I reinstalled to play the Black Panther content and uninstalled about twenty minutes in. For what it's worth, if you keep playing you want your builds to spawn as many hero orbs as possible, that lets you recharge your powers and the finishing moves that spawn them give you much needed invulnerability while you're using them.

Kamala is a treasure and G. Willow Wilson's entire run should be up on Marvel Unlimited.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Feels odd having a week with no new Marvel content. We really have feasted this year.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Parkingtigers posted:

Feels odd having a week with no new Marvel content. We really have feasted this year.

feels good, like that first couple of days after quitting weed where I feel like I can fight a bear.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Usually it’s the “I hope a bear doesn’t wanna fight me” anxiety that pushes me back in Mary Jane’s sweet, stinky arms

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ms Marvel spoilers:

Energy projection powers seemingly confirmed.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

The_Doctor posted:

Ms Marvel spoilers:

Energy projection powers seemingly confirmed.

That’s a real shame, but I figure there are several factors involved. Body morphing is probably hard to do right on a tv budget, even a Marvel tv budget. And you probably also risk going into body horror territory, like the last Fantastic Four movie.
In the end what really matters is the writing, so I am still hopeful that it will be great

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oasx posted:

That’s a real shame, but I figure there are several factors involved. Body morphing is probably hard to do right on a tv budget, even a Marvel tv budget. And you probably also risk going into body horror territory, like the last Fantastic Four movie.
In the end what really matters is the writing, so I am still hopeful that it will be great

It's probably going to make it easier for the toy companies, and maybe is more flashy and rad awesome looking for younger fans. I want to believe they don't do poo poo just because, there was probably an extensive research and lots of concept art work before coming up with this idea. and it's the multiverse, that's the easiest way to get in terms if someone feels bothered by it. This is not the 616 universe at ALL.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
it also looks like functionally it will be the same as her stretching. Just make it so that instead of her arm literally embiggening an energy projection of her does, which is a good way to make it look good and avoid the stuff already discussed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This might be nothing, but I’ve seen “people” make complaints to the effect of Ms Marvel being “fatphobic” or “body negative” because she can make her body look however she wants but still “chooses” to be kinda normal looking skinny Pakistani woman. I sincerely hope this isn’t a response to that. I started seeing this discourse pop up around the time the Avengers game dropped and lots of people discovered her for the first time.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
yeah as much as I love them in the comics, big stretchy hands would be really hard to pull off in live action without looking stupid. Plus Mr Fantastic is coming at some point and the powers are pretty similar. And like Oasx said, the writing and characterization is what’s important, not the specifics of how she punches people.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 24, 2021

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

This might be nothing, but I’ve seen “people” make complaints to the effect of Ms Marvel being “fatphobic” or “body negative” because she can make her body look however she wants but still “chooses” to be kinda normal looking skinny Pakistani woman. I sincerely hope this isn’t a response to that. I started seeing this discourse pop up around the time the Avengers game dropped and lots of people discovered her for the first time.

what an incredibly stupid take. :psyduck: That’s what she looked like before going through terragenesis and part of her first story arc is to stop using her powers to shape shift into Carol Danvers and just be herself.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can assure you her big stretchy hands look positively grotesque and awfully stupid in the video game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marvel you cowards make a series that looks EXACTLY like this :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/hawkeyeofficial/status/1452290801468325900?s=20

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The tweet auto-cropping the photo to focus on what's really important.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm actually really excited that Hawkeye is finally going to wear his bright lavender/purple color costume and not the whatever was that poo poo it in the movies. Like loving yes, if you can make it work and doesn't look jarring in film, go nuts with it!

Parkingtigers posted:

Pizza doggo deserves their solo show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Going purely off MCU incarnations, who has the higher body count: Clint or Natasha?

I understand Nat was raised from birth to murder, but how many missions is she going on a year? Meanwhile I have no context for what Clint’s actual job at shield is other than that they sent Hawkeye to kill her and he opted not to, meaning he’s probably been in “wet work” for a while, before you factor in the 5 years of being a serial assassin driven purely by revenge. If Fury thought Nick could take down a widow by himself, doesn’t that make him a stone-cold killer?

Also has Clint only ever killed “bad guys”? I feel like part of never missing is essentially no collateral damage ever?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I get the sense that mcu Hawkeye was a legit assassin. Probably Fury's go to guy when he needed so.eonr dead. Not like he just got murder ninja powers in Endgame, he just had not needed to use them as an avenger.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

Completely cropping out Clint's face to get most of Kate and all of Lucky. Good Twitter.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I know it’s probably not that cool, and we see a flash of what it could have been, but I’m enjoying the fantasy of Clint and Natasha locked in the most insane black ops Ninja flippy kick fighting duel for like 7 hours before Nat makes exactly one mistake, Clint capitalizes on it to secure the victory, but something about the way she was teasing him and kind of annoying while also beating the poo poo out of him and evading all of his traps and tech-arrows just gets under his skin, and then he gets to fly back to SHIELD and Fury is like “so how’d it go?” and Clint gets to be like “I dunno, ask her yourself, I’m taking a shower” and just being like “she is your problem now”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bust Rodd posted:

Going purely off MCU incarnations, who has the higher body count: Clint or Natasha?

I understand Nat was raised from birth to murder, but how many missions is she going on a year? Meanwhile I have no context for what Clint’s actual job at shield is other than that they sent Hawkeye to kill her and he opted not to, meaning he’s probably been in “wet work” for a while, before you factor in the 5 years of being a serial assassin driven purely by revenge. If Fury thought Nick could take down a widow by himself, doesn’t that make him a stone-cold killer?

Also has Clint only ever killed “bad guys”? I feel like part of never missing is essentially no collateral damage ever?
I still think it's Nat

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe I need to get off tik tok because this question has a completely different meaning to me now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Natasha was probably killing people since she was a teenager. We don't really know Clint's background yet, but he wouldn't have been killing as many people as her that early in his life if he has a similar origin where he ran away and joined up with the Swordsman and did some criminal stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Codependent Poster posted:

Completely cropping out Clint's face to get most of Kate and all of Lucky. Good Twitter.

Don't humanize twitter. It's still a scourge. But yeah, that picture looks great.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Will Shatner makes a loving fantastic Ben Grimm and this picture just makes me so happy

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I get the sense that mcu Hawkeye was a legit assassin. Probably Fury's go to guy when he needed so.eonr dead. Not like he just got murder ninja powers in Endgame, he just had not needed to use them as an avenger.

I know it was "What if...?", but Fury sort of sends Hawkeye in to contain and possibly kill Thor, although we're shown that the actual kill shot was sabotage.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rappaport posted:

I know it was "What if...?", but Fury sort of sends Hawkeye in to contain and possibly kill Thor, although we're shown that the actual kill shot was sabotage.

If you mean when he sent him up in the crane to hold a possible shot on Thor when Thor was going for Mjolnir then that scene is lifted directly from Thor itself, and the main reason he could kill Thor is because Thor didn't have his power as an Asgardian anymore and was basically just a buff human.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I know this is the TV thread, but Eternals reviews are dropping now.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Natasha was probably killing people since she was a teenager. We don't really know Clint's background yet, but he wouldn't have been killing as many people as her that early in his life if he has a similar origin where he ran away and joined up with the Swordsman and did some criminal stuff.

Maybe killing some people, but let's recall the bit from the first Avengers movie with Cap telling her "You're a spy, not a soldier." I think that for the most part, that's true. Figure a good portion of her missions even as a Red Widow were basically "Infiltrate X. Get this info we need from X. Leave without anyone realizing that their info has been copied or that you were ever there." If Natasha is dropping bodies, that's a big clue that she's there.

Clint, on the other hand, is a sharp, pointy, blunt instrument. Does he have some spy-like skills? Sure. But if Clint is in the area in an official capacity, that capacity will be as "Break glass in case bodies need to be dropped."

Plus even if Natasha got an earlier start than Clint, he clearly made up any deficits during the five years he was bow-and-arrow-John-Wicking his way through the criminal underworld.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe Clint always used the boxing glove arrow or the net arrow!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

They didn't die of arrows, they died with arrows. Clint's hands are clean!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

kazil posted:

They didn't die of arrows, they died with arrows. Clint's hands are clean!

Complications from arrows

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
They all had punctured lungs.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

He probably did use them quite often - but not in the ways you'd want to think.

"Hmm, could I hit that guy in just the right spot with the boxing arrow to put bone fragments from his skull into his brain and kill him that way?"

"I wonder if I could use the net arrow to choke someone's entire body to death."

Remember that Clint is the guy who prefers bows and arrows because guns made killing people so easy that it became boring to him.

Clint flipping the gently caress out and murdering criminals is probably something we should have seen coming.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

mutata posted:

I know this is the TV thread, but Eternals reviews are dropping now.

the one review that said "this is possibly the most interesting mcu film but also hopefully the least interesting chloe zao film" is... sigh fine i'll watch the cape poo poo ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Clint seems like the kind of guy who would be perfectly content shooting arrows at anyone no matter who it is, and it just so happens Nick Fury came along with the best salary+benefits package