Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

what? your character's levels dont affect the domain levels or drops at all. same with the spiral abyss.

Yeah I just confirmed it's that a 5 star artifact drop from a normal boss (AKA the mediocre mid game stuff like Gladiator's Finale and Wandering Troupe) becomes guaranteed though it's already starting to feel that way for me at WL7.

By the way I can't help but notice the lore in Gladiator's Finale seems to contradict itself. In some of them it ends with Venessa taking the kill on the gladiator and stabbing him through the heart and his time coming to a stop, but on another more sort of in character she refuses to take the kill and humiliate him and instead's just takes the win and he gets his freedom.

On the one hand we have:

Gladiator's Destiny posted:

The end had finally come for the triumphant gladiator.
The young challenger paid her final homage to the gladiator.

When the vanity of victory and desire for freedom dissipated into the air like the morning fog,
and when the light of dawn finally shone on the arena through layers of blood-soaked clouds, the gladiator saw a flying bird.

One battle away from being free, the gladiator was defeated by an anonymous girl.
Cries and howls burst out in the crowd like pounding thunder,
but the victor refused to humiliate her opponent by execution.
She refused to plunge her sword into the opponent's throat and end his life like that of a slave.

The gladiator's healing wounds were covered with invisible feathers.
He eventually set off on a journey, finally as free as a bird.
His destination was the place where flowers bloom and birds soar.

but on the other hand we have:

Deathmatch posted:

This crimson polearm has seen countless battles, and has borne witness to a certain gladiator's valor.
Its ice-cold tip was often drenched in the blood of its foes, to the thunderous applause of the crowd.
Bloodstained was the gladiator's fate, and freedom, so near yet so far, was often balanced on a knife's edge.
The dull sound of that crimson tip piercing flesh was many a battle's death-knell.

As the gladiator's final performance ended, their master spoke up amidst the thunderous applause:
"The promised number has been met. You have done well, and are a warrior worthy of great renown."
"Consider this weapon to be a parting gift... Yet, would you not consider fighting on?"
"Continue your brilliant performance as a free person, for your glory and for mine. What say you?"
Many years past, and the beasts and men who fell to that spear grew too numerous to count.
The duelist's weapon became known as undefeated, but his heart belonged to his young master.

As the gladiator's final performance ended, amidst thunderous applause,
His weapon fell to the bloodied sand as the red-haired maiden's scorching blade pierced the old warrior's heart.
As he fell, despondent, he turned his eyes to his beloved master, his noble lord who cherished him...
"Eberhart, Master Eberhart... Did my final performance please you?"
But his master's seat was empty, save for a wine goblet and silver platter, toppled in haste.

"At first, I fought for myself, for blood and battle-lust."
"But since a time I know not when, I have killed for my master."
"Only for the sake of others can we fight like wild beasts without care."
"Someone like you, who fights for her people and not for herself... Surely, you understand this as well."

and

Gladiator's Longing posted:

The gladiator crafted this hourglass himself. He would flip the hourglass before each battle.
When the hourglass stopped flipping, the gladiator had long since died in a pool of his own blood.

The gladiator would put this hourglass aside before entering the arena.
When the fight has ended and the crowd started to cheer for him, the sand in the hourglass was still flowing.

In the gladiator's final fight, he faced a young girl.
In her eyes, he saw both the timidity of a young girl and the ferocity of a young lioness.
From his step, the girl saw the unbreakable shackles of age that the gladiator wore.
It was a fight like the old gladiator has not had in years. Fierce, yet satisfying.
But the fight ended in a flash. The sword plunged into the gladiator's heart and the sand in his hourglass crawled to a stop.

So which is it because it obviously can't be both. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I think there were multiple gladiators. One was one fight away from freedom, and was spared. The other earned his freedom long ago but continued on as a gladiator instead - this is the one who was stabbed through the heart.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I played this when it first came out and got a very lucky Diluc roll early on and basically exclusively used him.

Now I got everyone to roughly the same level and am really really enjoying Kaeya, so I’m just going to use him as my main DPS I think. Him or Rozaria. I usually use Fischl/Sonomakorogaiza or whatever the fish healer 5-star is too which synergies well with cryo and pyro.

Is there a stark difference between the higher-tiered characters (based on the internet’s tier lists which say Kaeya) or is it like those tiny differences that only absurd people care about?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It really doesn't matter unless you're speedrunning or whatever. Kaeya's a totally workable main DPS even for the hardest content in the game. He definitely enjoys having constellations but even at C0 he's fine.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Dainslief was literally in the pre-release preview trailer, before Genshin even released, as the featured playable character from the Khaenri'ah chapter (and also the narrator of the trailer!). So they definitely have plans to release him, but it'll be a very long time before we work though all 7 countries and get to there.
As for the others: Yae is scheduled to release as playable some time around patch 2.5 according to leaks, and Scaramouche could eventually be playable just like Childe is, after he gets to play a major antagonist in some future chapter.

I meant playable at this time, Yae and Dains are 100% going to be playable.

Endorph posted:

And yea, in general I wish some of the more major NPCs got unique designs. Xiangling's dad, Hoffman, Smiley, these are all characters who get a reasonable amount of dialogue but your mind slips right by them because they have generic villager models.

Giving completely unimportant characters names doesn't help since it makes it that much harder to keep track of. Inazuma had like 20 named characters of which 5 were relevant and all of which used generic models.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the tier stuff boils down to lower characters often not having access to as powerful reactions/teams or in general requiring more investment (talents, artifacts, etc) to perform well. ultimately everything can be made to work even in the high difficulty content where this is actually a thing to consider, but there is some real basis for tiering.

not accounting for the subjectivity that always enters into it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

generic models for important characters are bad but on the other hand, some guard in the background of a scene using the same model as teppei (?) but with a comically fake looking mustache was extremely funny to me

I guess it did make for an actual surprise with how signora was handled in inazuma tho

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

Because the game holds your adventurer exp in reserve until you raise the cap via ascension quests it's very possible and even likely for you to do the 2nd one and have it jump your world level multiple times past what you can reasonably handle at that point making even daily quests kind of brutal. It's possible to lower or raise your world level within a certain threshold after that point so see if you can drop it by opening your menu, selecting world level with the d-pad and seeing what it says your options are. I had to do this after Ascension Quest 2 to make things kind of more bearable again.

It also really helps by that point to have at least one strong 5 star DPS character since there's a pretty noticeable power gap between some of them and the 4 star characters that are available. For me this was kind of Ayaka with her absurd 20 hit high damage multiplier burst, self buffing elemental skill with a giant AoE, crit damage perk, and just damage potential in general as well as her dash allowing her to dance around and toss cryo onto enemies. She doesn't come across as the kind of character that would be like this being a demure princess and all (or maybe she does cause anime I dunno) that only fights once in the entire Inazuma story that I recall during her character quest, but she just hits like a motherfucking truck with her drawbacks being kind of weak defensively and a bit of a higher execution character than some since you're pretty much constantly hitting and running stuff to reapply cryo infusion and spreading Cryo as well as lining up her charge attack so it hits the maximum amount of enemies. Before her though it was Diluc off the standard banner that really helped me to get things going again in terms of matching the enemies. He's still available there permanently but unfortunately Ayaka is off the table right now as are certain other coveted DPS characters like Ganyu, Eula and to some extent Raiden Shogun though she's a bit more of a support DPS when not in her burst mode.

Probably the next really good example of a solid 5 star DPS carry coming up is Hu Tao, though the way she works also kind of requires you to gamble a little since fittingly for her personality and motif she basically gets stronger the closer she is too dying and her elemental skill burns her HP as well to take advantage of this so you have to play a little careful.

xiangling is stronger than ayaka and everyone gets her for free
you don't need a 5star DPS to progress

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Yoimiya + XQ + Attack speed blessing + AoE shockwaves on vape = :hmmorks: :hellyeah:

Kale
May 14, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

xiangling is stronger than ayaka and everyone gets her for free
you don't need a 5star DPS to progress

Maybe if you build the loving poo poo out of her in comparison or are fighting a Cryo enemy, but 5 stars tend to be a lot better than 4 stars right out of the gate at least in my experience and without having to put quite as much work into building them. Otherwise yeah you don't NEED a 5 star to progress but getting Diluc certainly got me out of the same rut a whole lot faster than Xiangling did who was my main DPS/Sub-DPS go to character around that time. I don't know personally I don't find Xiangling all that super duper great anymore for me as an anchor. Her best perk to me is her burst that follows her around being really good at eating through Cryo Abyss mage shields and it staying on field if you switch characters. Guoba can sometimes be a little unwieldy to aim though and she has no way to get any pyro infusion for her regular attacks either. I still want to probably raise her back up and start to use her again if for some reason I can't get Hu Tao and just cause she still seems like the best Pyro sub-DPS character (depending on how you see Bennett's role at least) in the game, but for me at least the days of her being my top performing character seem kind of over. :shrug:

Regarding 2.5 leaks If the latest ones are to be believed it's gonna be a poo poo show because they indicate Yae Miko and a Ganyu rerun in the same obviously to be revealed chapter one after the other, but of course people can say anything obviously and sometimes will if they think it can wig people out which I feel that definitely would for non whale players. I don't know if I believe that one honestly because it didn't include Yunjin at all and you get the sense they are working up to her, Shenhe and Itto based on what's been officially revealed by Mihoyo, the voice lines that were added to the game for 2.2 and the teaser stuff in the whole Legend of Guoba cutscene.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 24, 2021

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

QuantaStarFire posted:

I feel like I'm missing something when I try to play this game. I can't farm artifacts or talent ascension materials at AR45 because everything hits like a truck and has far too much HP for me to reasonably kill in a timely manner. Every fight is a struggle at this point and it's not even remotely fun anymore. I feel like it's not supposed to be like this, but what am I missing?

When you cancel out of a domain you'll get a failure screen that shows how well leveled-up you are compared to what the game considers a target. Post a screenshot of that, maybe?

The most important thing is to have one character of each element leveled up well. ...I say that, but really 79 is a fine level to do most of the stuff with. Breaching 80 is costly. It's tempting to backfill your roster to get all the free fates for getting them past 20/50/70, but that can be a secondary priority. The most important thing is being able to assemble a team to clear content and get stuff to advance your others.

That one team (and its alternates so you're not, like, relying on Beidou to carry you through the electro hypostasis) gets their talents pumped and gets your best weapons and artifacts. You should have access to plenty of 5-star gladiator and wanderer's troupe gear from beating world bosses for ascension materials, and don't be afraid to level it up, either - when you get the sets you're really after, your old pieces retain most of their XP when used as fusion fodder.

Also, though we're getting way more theoretical and talking about problems you might not have, this game really plays at its best when every character in your team can hit their elemental skill on cooldown to get you the most particles for burst charging, and when you fire off your bursts when they're ready to go and the fight is even remotely challenging.

Snapshot your roster with your usual team up front. That and the cancel screen will help us tell you what's up.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
CVS Receipt Impact

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
What on earth does it even mean that the damage is "calculated similarly to elemental reactions, but not affected by EM or level or bonuses." What's left?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

gandlethorpe posted:

CVS Receipt Impact

By the time we reach the last region, artifact descriptions will just be a link to a 10MB .PDF file explaining how the set bonus works.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

What on earth does it even mean that the damage is "calculated similarly to elemental reactions, but not affected by EM or level or bonuses." What's left?

Resistance. Probably the only thing it's affected by

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What elements do y’all run? I personally use cryo main/anemo/electro/hydro because freezing and super conducting is just a very powerful combination

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Superconduct does nothing if you don't have a physical DPS though :confused:

The go-to and what I used to run for my Ayaka is cryo-cryo-hydro-anemo. The elemental resonance bonus from runnning 2x cryo is +15% crit rate which is pretty powerful on its own, plus having two characters generating cryo elemental particles mean your cryo main dps fills their burst meter faster.

After I got raiden I did actually swap her in for a cryo-electro-hydro-anemo team but it's straight-up worse in terms of elements/resonance/reactions, Raiden just makes up for it by being super strong. I'm thinking of raising either Rosaria or Aloy to be my second cryo again at least in Abyss and letting Raiden stay glued to my double-geo team.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Childe/Zhongli/Kaz/Bennet has been my go-to for basically all of Inazuma lol

I have a Xiao/XQ/FLEX/Jean team in the rafters though if I need it, but I haven't had to pull it out for a while

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jokes posted:

What elements do y’all run? I personally use cryo main/anemo/electro/hydro because freezing and super conducting is just a very powerful combination

Depends on who I have as a healer or if I need one at the time so

Ning/Eula/Noelle/Zhong
Geo/Cryo/Geo/Geo

Fischl/Raiden Eula/Ben/Zhong
Electro/Cryo/Pyro/Geo

Fischl/Raiden/Eula/Xingq/Zhong
Electro/Cryo/Hydro/Zhong

Once I have good artifacts for Eula I'm gonna work on getting a solid National Team set up so I have to actually use the elements together in smart ways like someone who knows how to play the game properly and use Elemental Mastery too.

Also https://genshin-center.com/planner updated and it's showing estimated resin costs for leveling people and weapons now if you're curious!

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

Snapshot your roster with your usual team up front. That and the cancel screen will help us tell you what's up.

(A* is the current Ascension of each character)

My general experience is that open-world content is mostly not an issue; it depends on the enemies, though it's different for bosses, and sometimes domains that scale with WL like the exploration domains or the event dungeon. XL and Beidou are both 6/6/6 on their talents, Fischl is 4/5/4, Kokomi is 2/6/5, and then from there it varies wildly between 1 and 3 talent levels per character until Aloy where everyone after is 1/1/1.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I just started playing this a couple days ago, but it drives me crazy that it's called anemo and not aero

I'm conditioned by like 30 years of RPGs, how can they do this to me

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RareAcumen posted:

Ning/Eula/Noelle/Zhong
Geo/Cryo/Geo/Geo

This

Rocks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Superconduct does nothing if you don't have a physical DPS though :confused:

At least until the new set comes out :unsmigghh:

My current project: coming up with a superconduct/freeze Kokocarry team

https://i.imgur.com/Jak47Bk.mp4
Yeah, a couple ~30k hits would do quite nicely here

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

gandlethorpe posted:

CVS Receipt Impact

Its time for the Qiqi/Eula atomic bomb team comp

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

My general experience is that open-world content is mostly not an issue; it depends on the enemies, though it's different for bosses, and sometimes domains that scale with WL like the exploration domains or the event dungeon. XL and Beidou are both 6/6/6 on their talents, Fischl is 4/5/4, Kokomi is 2/6/5, and then from there it varies wildly between 1 and 3 talent levels per character until Aloy where everyone after is 1/1/1.

Your characters are way under leveled and you need to raise your active character talents to at least 6 for the relevant ones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

Level up Kokomi and Fischl to 70, level up Thrilling Tales, get their talents to 6/6/6, and like I said try and get everyone level 20 artifacts.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

jokes posted:

My "everything except Oceanid and domains with cryo shields/slimes" party is Ayaka/Xingqiu/Kazuha/Diona for Cryo x2 / Hydro / Anemo. Cryo resonance, swirl elements easily for more freeze applications, heals and shields, double-jump from Kaz and water-run from Ayaka for overworld travel. It's so mindlessly good as to feel Final.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'll start off with team synergy. Your team idea looks like, burst with Beidou, Oz up, Xiangling burst, then get electrocharged with Kokomi while also vaping Xiangling's burst hits, correct? The main problem I see here is that Kokomi and Xiangling are going to be rather starved for energy, especially Xiangling. Even with a 5* ER cup at 20 and a maxed Catch, neither of which you are running, you're going to have serious difficulty in maintaining xiangling's burst. I'd honestly be tempted to run Electro MC in place of Fischl or Beidou here, to funnel more energy into Xiangling, but eh. With your A4 units, you seem to be a lot more suited to running a physical Xiangling team, honestly. You already have a level 80 Crescent Pike. I'd go Xiangling/Fischl/Rosaria/Kokomi, and forget Xiangling has a burst. Use Rosaria and Fischl to create Superconduct, then smack people around with Xiangling basic attacks, heal/freeze with Kokomi. Xiangling and Fischl will interrupt freezes a lot, but I honestly think it'll have more success than attempting some electrocharge/vape idea with 0% ER Xiangling. You also have a Kokomi fireworks team, Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Kokomi, but this will require a fair bit of investment in everyone to work. Not ideal with what you're working with at the moment.

Onto character building... you're running a multi-DPS team and none of those DPSes are very strong. You seem to have spread yourself thin over a lot of units, and you're able to hit level 90 domains and still don't have an A6 unit. You've invested into Xiangling, so you could finish her, and consider where to go from there. Physical Xiangling falls off pretty hard right about now, but you don't have Bennett, which is going to make a burst-DPS Xiangling rather hard to run. In a physical Xiangling team, you're going to be seeing most of your damage from Xiangling and Fischl, so those would be your priorities to raise. Beidou/Fischl are core to fireworks teams, but you'll need high investment in both to really make things happen, and probably have to invest into Xingqiu as well, making this way too expensive to consider at the moment. Rosaria physical DPS is in the cards for you, as you already have a Crescent Pike ready on her and the superconduct to operate... Rosaria/Chongyun/Fischl/Kokomi is a solid freeze cryo team, and swap Chongyun for Kaeya or Aloy to make a physical freeze team instead. If you go this route, invest heavily into Rosaria first. Chongyun, Kaeya, and Kokomi all perform their role without investment (freeze, heal), but Rosaria is the one doing damage, with Fischl providing a bunch of extra damage. Those would be your priorities.

Basically, you need to focus on leveling characters and talents up. Flower and Feather, get 5* pieces, and for Sands/Goblet/Crown you'll want to prioritize the main stat over any substats. Dont worry about set bonuses, and 4* artifacts are perfectly fine to level up and use right now, as you're struggling to find any power where you can.

And lastly, get on Discord and talk to goons, we can carry you through some domains, help you kill bosses, and give you real-time advice on where to go with your team!

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 24, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

QuantaStarFire posted:

Your XL/beidou weapons and talent levels are fine. With just those two you should be able to handle domains. (A4 characters with level 6 talents really can handle almost all of the content in the game, as long as they have decent teams + artifacts)

It looks like you're currently using XL as your main autoattacker since she's wearing crescent pike but you can actually get hella damage by using kokomi as a 0-damage 'enabler carry', just slapping enemies with that wet fish to keep the electro-charged and vaporize reactions flowing from Beidou+Xiang+Fischl and all their off-field stuff. Eventually you'll want to do some fishing and get Xiang her best polearm, The Catch.

WIth those two super-strong damage characters leveled up your problem isn't really a lack of talents or weapons (and leveling up all the talents on the rest of your party probably won't make a big difference in your killing power when your two highest-damage characters are already beefy), you probably just have real terrible artifacts.
Main-stats are more important than set bonuses, so look around your inventory and make sure XL and Beidou have some feathers, crit-or-atk circlets, pyro/electro goblets, and ER-or-ATK sands equipped and leveled up as much as you can afford, even if they're only 4* or have useless substats.

Then once you're able to farm the artifact domains to get some better 5-star pieces, you can feed them the 4-star intermediate gear you used to get back almost all of the xp you spent leveling it up.

If you do want to upgrade non-artifact stuff, getting Xiangling to 6/6/8 and Beidou to A5 and 6/6/8 is gonna be your best bang-for-the buck, way more valuable and important than leveling up fisch + koko or their weapons. In general it's more efficient to focus your resources into your main damage dealers instead of leveling everyone equally, and Xiang/Beidou both have most of their damage in their bursts so it's a lower priority to level up their non-burst talents.

e: And if you absolutely have no usable artifacts at all, you can still slam that co-op button on artifact domains. Bring a character who can heal or break shields while praying for co-op strangers to carry you.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 24, 2021

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

QuantaStarFire posted:

Plenty of good advice has been given already, but I'll chime in and say you're not in a terrible spot here. At AR45, you can spend all your (hopefully) saved up fragile resins and matchmake artifact domains. You have Kokomi, and you can heal everyone else while they carry you. You don't even need to invest anything to improve her just for that. Grouping up with people in Discord works too. Get recommended sets for characters like Xiangling and Beidou, and if you get lucky you might get good pieces within those sets. If not, more artifact fodder. If you're low on artifact fodder, doing daily overworld artifact runs will help. Mora will also be an issue if you're low on that, but you shouldn't need to grind too much.

Beidou is great with Fischl as a battery for her, adding Kokomi and another DPS like Rosaria/Chongyun will fill out a great team. This is a good baseline team, but won't work on every boss or domain.

The only issue here is Xiangling is your only built pyro DPS, she doesn't have a good burst weapon, and she has no battery. You're not really capable of doing the F2P national team here without Sucrose or Bennett. To patch up your pyro weakness for Cryo bosses and Cryo abyss mages you could build Yanfei. She's easy to use and has constant pyro application without relying on her burst. But that's just spreading more resources thinly which isn't advisable. Plus once you get Bennett and build Xiangling properly you are very rarely going to use Yanfei unless you like her. It's an option. Yanfei also works better in an overload comp with Beidou/Fischl than Xiangling does.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
i wonder if mhy will ever go back and change the launch artifact domains to not just kill you for using a wrong element.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree, leveling to 90 is not worth it:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I agree, leveling to 90 is not worth it:

You just want enemy kill xp to go somewhere, don't you...

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kale posted:

Maybe if you build the loving poo poo out of her in comparison or are fighting a Cryo enemy, but 5 stars tend to be a lot better than 4 stars right out of the gate at least in my experience and without having to put quite as much work into building them.

That's half of it. 5*s have outright better stats and a self-sustaining one with no downside like Diluc or Ayaka is going to make the early-ish game a lot smoother. Once you have the gear and the 4* cons and the expanded character roster (where a lot of people are right now) it gets more complicated. "Every character can do everything!" is technically correct, barring immunities, but there's a whole lot of caveats attached to that statement.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I always appreciated people running Barbara in co-op Nobless or Crimson Witch domains. Everyone always wants to run the latest and greatest DPS, of which hydro is sorely lacking so you'll always be welcome (so long as you can keep from getting one shotted). Might be useful to run Kokomi there and just slowly build up artifacts and fodder for your main units.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

QuantaStarFire posted:

Hm. Level Noelle. Forge her a Whiteblind if you can.

The main problem with the Mondstadt and Liyue talent domains is the random roaming damage that can stagger you or stack up in ways you wouldn't expect. In Mondstadt it's the raining icicles, in Liyue it's some random pyroball rear end in a top hat. Having some kind of shield up will be a tremendous help in both of those places.

You're also not super well kitted out to magdump pyro all over the Mondstadt talent domain to break the cryo shields. Electro works alright there but pyro works better. I'd say to level Yanfei, but in order to level Yanfei you need to fight the big vishap, and in order to fight the big vishap you need a geo shield or one of an appropriate element, so it's either run by every day to see if it's an Electro day and Beidou can have a good time, or level Noelle.

You may also want to engage with the fishing minigame in order to get The Catch, it's a tremendous boost to Pyronado which is absolutely Xiangling's greatest hit.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Urbane II posted:

You just want enemy kill xp to go somewhere, don't you...

They uncovered my secrets, abort, abort!

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the advice, folks, appreciate it. Here's my artifacts for XL/Beidou, for those curious:

Fischl also has +16 artifacts (and a +12 3* Electro goblet. Sad. :( ), with Sands/Circlet both being ATK%. Kokomi's artifacts are all over the place in terms of levels; two +16s, a +10, a +4, a +0), but her sands/goblet/circlet are ER/HydroDMG/Healing Bonus, and her +16s are the goblet and sands, and she's on 2-piece Millelith. It seemed more important to focus on the other two's artifacts, so that's what I've done more or less. So things aren't *terrible* on the artifact front, but could be better.

I've been hesitant to do anything with Yanfei since the Hu Tao rerun is on the horizon and they both use the same materials for upgrades, so it seems more sensible to wait and see if I get lucky with my primos before investing in her.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Hu Tao would be a powerful addition since you do have Xingqui. You might pick up Thoma too, and he can somewhat fill the role of a Bennett. Unfortunately your polearm choices are quite limited. If you're willing to pay $10 for the BP, you can get the Deathmatch polearm for Xiangling or a potential Hu Tao.

But of course The Catch is the biggest upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

If I were you, I'd just focus on Fischl and Kokomi for now. Those are characters you can make good use of while running domains in co-op. Fischl is just generally good because you can hang back and deal some damage, and people usually appreciate having a solid healer. You should change up their weapons, though. Thrilling Tales doesn't work in co-op, so you can give Kokomi that Prototype Amber. I'm not sure how Favonius Bow works in co-op, but you would get much better damage if you could craft a Prototype Crescent for Fishl instead.