Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Blatant disrespect for Kyle Orton here.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot… that was, like, Orten’s first game with the Chiefs, right?

It was Romeo Crennel’s first game as their head coach, because the one they had (Todd Haley?) was just fired.

New HC, New QB.. what could go wrong?

Then that one dude broke the leg of our 1sr rounder Derek Sherrod, pretty much ending his career. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
That was the Caleb Hanie season where both Kyle Orton and Donovan McNabb requested releases to play for the Bears and the Bears signed neither

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Even if they are that good, there's always the chance they'll fall flat to a garbage team with nothing to play for. Like remember when the Packers were 13-0 in 2011, and then went and lost to a garbage Chiefs team that had just fired their head coach?

Bois did a video on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLNQ83vm2g

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

I wouldn't even be that surprised if it looks like that niners packers NFCCG. The Cardinals can run the ball really well actually and doing so against the Packers defense is generally pretty easy. A lot of their passing game is just like their running game too, short passes that go for long gains often.

I would say Rodgers is still better than Kyler but the Cardinals have the advantage almost everywhere else and are pretty healthy too unlike the Packers. I guess nothing would surprise me that much though, the Cards have had some dud games

The Packers defense despite being banged up as hell is allowing currently the 4th fewest yards per game (315 yards) and 10th in total yards surrendered. They're slightly below average against the run at 12th in the league (108.5 yards per game). The run defense was great against the 49ers, the Lions, and the Steelers. They were content to let the Bears run the ball the whole game because they averaged a whopping 4.4 YPA against the insanely banged up secondary on the field. The Cardinals game will depend a lot on the health of the secondary and pass rush. The offense outside of the line and MVS is mostly healthy, but the defense is a mess. The defense is among the best in the league at preventing plays over 20 yards. It is literally the worst in the red zone with a number of miscommunications among players leading to wide open receivers. It's a new system and if they can start to limit teams to 3 points instead of 7 in the red zone they'll be very good.

It's a Thursday game, so who the hell knows what will happen. But the GB defense hasn't really been a problem this season outside of week one, where everyone and everything was bad.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 23, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1450958155068805120?s=20

Every single person in this video is insane, which is how you know they're real Lions fans.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Jesus God, anyone who buys a Barry Sanders color rush jersey in that new script should be arrested.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Every single person in this video is insane, which is how you know they're real Lions fans.

The Lions will never be good, but if they ever somehow won a title, I would be in downtown Detroit for the greatest loving party in history

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

surf rock posted:

The Lions will never be good, but if they ever somehow won a title, I would be in downtown Detroit for the greatest loving party in history

Now I’m wondering which SB-winning team would have the worst party. Arizona I guess, hard to party in Phoenix or wherever I imagine, and I say that as someone who’s had some good nights in Flagstaff and even Oracle once

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Cardinals have a mediocre fan base, there are so many transplants here. Their home games are usually 25-50% opposing team fans. They'd have to go 17-0 and win the SB for the city to really care.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Get fired up for the NFC North

https://mobile.twitter.com/tole_cover/status/1451783459660238851

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’ve warmed up on today’s throwback jerseys but I think they would be better without the green pants. Go pPack.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every time i see those videos i imagine how absolutely mortifying it would be to see one of those people walking through a store filming themselves with their phone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1452322519592153094

lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bears are going to lose by 70

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's so lovely out and i'm bored so i am sure i'll get suckered into watching this game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1425886429608038403

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

maybe these morons should just be cut

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

brugroffil posted:

maybe these morons should just be cut

Give him a break, he's done the scientific research and knows horse tranquillizers can get him back out on the field, maybe horse dewormer can protect him from COVID too.

Isn't Quinn out for the same reason?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well 6-1 is a loving hell of a lot better than I expected after that Saints blowout.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Well, I enjoyed the hell out of that game. Go Pack Go!

Also, I wanna see a Lions Bitch revenge game victory, do ittt

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seahawks look beatable. Chiefs look beatable. Just gotta survive the Cardinals without losing anymore starters to injury.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lmao Dan Campbell is going to do whatever it loving takes to win this game huh

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Jack Fox is a better QB than Jared Goff

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Detroit trying to win by just keeping Stafford off the field is amazing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just to be clear I want the Rams to win but I would run into a brick wall for Dan Campbell right now.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

At this rate Fields will be lucky to survive the season, how many blindside sacks is that now?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Justin Fields is not good

MJeff posted:

Just to be clear I want the Rams to win

wtf man

I put $200 on the Rams to win and hope I lose that bet.

Come what may, Lions put one of the scrappiest 1st quarters they have in many years. Onside kick then fake punt was reckless AF and I love it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Wtf goof is so dumb

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
21-0 before the end of the first

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bright spot is Herbert looks good.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The Bears O-Line makes me very sad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I feel like it would be best if the Bears franchise folded and their fans mercifully floated themselves out onto Lake Michigan on rafts into the fog of history.
We can provide Cheeseheads if you need them, they float.

You had a good run.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like it would be best if the Bears franchise folded and their fans mercifully floated themselves out onto Lake Michigan on rafts into the fog of history.
We can provide Cheeseheads if you need them, they float.

You had a good run.

lmao this barely even ranks

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Please I’ve already see Brady drop 51 points on the Bears, this is nothing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dexo posted:

lmao this barely even ranks

Oh this isn't about today.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Big Beef City posted:

Oh this isn't about today.

your avatar is very fitting for everything you're saying here

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Bears' line against the Bucs is +12.5 and Lions' line against the Rams is +15. Which team is going to get trucked worse this week?

lol in hindsight

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm loving this poo poo from the Lions

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Detroit special teams deserves an award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

Tom Brady revenge game against the invisible secondary has got to be worth 30 points.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

lol in hindsight

I was right for the first half
Half right