Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a usb c port on top of the controller but it's still interchangeable AA batteries, not internalized packs.

You can still use xbone controllers with series systems. The new button is screenshot/capture poo poo and I hate that I can't remap it to do something else, or nothing at all.

I just want a little message that says "gently caress you" to pop up every time I hit that button on accident.

Order some USB rechargable AA batteries. We've replaced all our AA/AAA/C/D batteries with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I'm going to order some when I get down to my last dozen or so alkalines. Any particular brand you'd recommend? Reviews on amazon seem pretty scattered for rechargeables in console controllers.

Rather have a few pairs and recharge them separately from the controller.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wrong Theory posted:

If you are still looking, Sony is giving people a chance to order a PS5 later this year:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/register-to-buy/

You do need a PSN account and it is limited to one per account. It says your chances of getting an invite are "based off previous interests and PlayStation activities." Starts in November.

This is how I got mine and honestly, I just wish Microsoft would do something similar. Don't have the time or patience to :f5: trying to get one anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Grab a series S when you can find one. The upgrade from an xbone is worth it, even without 4k or the 1tb drive or disc drive.

It's in stock right now (7:48am mountain) on microsoft's website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xboxconsoles?icid=XboxCat_QL1_Consoles

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is how I got mine and honestly, I just wish Microsoft would do something similar. Don't have the time or patience to :f5: trying to get one anymore.

I loving love your AV

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Grab a series S when you can find one. The upgrade from an xbone is worth it, even without 4k or the 1tb drive or disc drive.

It's in stock right now (7:48am mountain) on microsoft's website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xboxconsoles?icid=XboxCat_QL1_Consoles

Yeah I know...but I really want that Halo one. I'm holding out for it at this point because it's not like I need it and I just got a PS5 a few months back, so I'm in no rush.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I loving love your AV
lol, thanks. Someone else gave it to me, presumably as an attempt to dunk on me for my button pushing in DnD, and I just re-added my tags and the "oh boy, modding!" bit. Worked out too because I loving love The Simpsons and my old Claude Julian av was outdated and I was stumped on what to change it to.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, I'm going to order some when I get down to my last dozen or so alkalines. Any particular brand you'd recommend? Reviews on amazon seem pretty scattered for rechargeables in console controllers.

Rather have a few pairs and recharge them separately from the controller.

We use these for our VR handsets:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F73VF8M?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Been great so far.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Excellent, thanks.

Lol, pownergy. Just should've dropped the O and marketed directly at gamers.

I bought a 100 pack box of Allmax AAs for $25 off amazon like, 3 months ago. Actually pretty good for such cheap rear end batteries. Better than the grocery store knockoff brands I had been buying.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Trailer for ConcernedApe's new one, Haunted Chocolatier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJy7LF789lo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This fuckin game, yo. If you haven’t treated yourself to a replay, the heartwarming jankiness and perversion of a Kojima game is waiting to welcome you back.

Reminder: there is a dog, he is a good dog, and you can pet the dog.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This fuckin game, yo. If you haven’t treated yourself to a replay, the heartwarming jankiness and perversion of a Kojima game is waiting to welcome you back.

Reminder: there is a dog, he is a good dog, and you can pet the dog.

Big boss did nothing wrong.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Steezo posted:

Big boss, did nothing? wrong!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Love me some heartwarming misogyny

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress huey

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
There is a rumor that Konami is working on remasters of the MGS series and I just want to play MGS4 again. I feel like I played it once and then got a PS4 (MGS4 was PS3 which didn't seem like it was around that long). C'mon, fist fighting Ocelot on top of Arsenal Gear to the tunes of the other MGS games was something else. Also crawling at the end with the split screen of everyone depending on you while getting zapped by those little robot things that resemble "its" from Sam Keith's The Maxx. Spoilered just in case.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

theyre doing it without kojima involved so ehhhhh im not super excited

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I’ve never been able to play MGS4 and I’d really just like to have it on PS5 or PC loving phone.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

loving phone

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
MGS4 was loving awesome

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Two months of Gamepass Ultimate for whoever wants it. I'm pretty sure it's for new subscribers only so, ya know, make a new email address if you already had an account I guess.

2DGJR-H3GWV-223VJ-FTVD6-3V79Z

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Doom Eternal horde mode patch 6.66 just dropped, anyone checked it out yet? Was going to give it a try tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69a0hZVgIU0

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Holy moly there's a new Age of Empires out :toot: Anybody tried it out yet?

e] Installing now and it's 86GB lol

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 28, 2021

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Just chilled through the tutorial — quietly awesome sound design and beautiful graphics!

My spearmanii were hooting and hollering as they threw torches and attacked… nice complex battle noises. Good first impression!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Finally beat Death Stranding on PS5 after a month and a half. Such an awesome game, hope we get more open world games that better incorporate the environment into the gameplay.

In the mood for more Kojima so going to go back and finish up MGS V, apparently it's been updated for 60 FPS and HDR on PS5. I put like 80 hours into MGS V when it first came out but never finished it.

edit: I was misinformed, no HDR and it's basically just the same, maybe a bit smoother on PS5.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 29, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Did you get the deluxe edition and it's somehow twice the size? It's only showing as 34GB for me

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I have no idea, I just grabbed it on pc gamepass.

These little documentary style videos it has are an awesome idea for a game like this

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Finished Metroid Dread last night. Not as good as Super Metroid obviously, but still a lotta fun.

Now to go and finally play God of War. And maybe some Aliens Fireteams when I can find a group.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bought dread today so im hoping for some good times shouting WHAT THE gently caress as i run through the same 8 rooms looking for the exit

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

I have no idea, I just grabbed it on pc gamepass.

These little documentary style videos it has are an awesome idea for a game like this

DL'd it last night on gamepass - look forward to checking it out

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

New Age of Empires owns. Exactly the feel I remember from the first two parts, excellent sound/music, immersive story-telling fun action. Good game overall.

There are a couple of "wonky" things that I hope they patch out, some not impacting quality of life or game play at all, some more so.
Saving over an existing game keeps adding the difficulty to the title in parentheses, and eventually it fails to save, easily fixable by just removing the tag, but...just a weird thing.

Unit pathing in big battles can also end up creating complete clusterfucks where even your a-moved units don't stop to fight, but try to path and bumblefuck around while being murdered. Can be a bit annoying on occasion.

And then there's battering rams, which are some actual bullshit. In campaign mode, where you can't just turtle forever, because every successive attack the AI sends is a bit stronger (which I like), you start ending up with massive waves of uncrewed battering rams with like 1000hp apiece that take forever to chew through and they can just casually kite your stutter-stepping cavalry/infantry while murdering your base like they don't have a care in the world. It made my attempt to expand towards the main goal by taking back two separate towns absolute hell, because just before I had a chance to complete a wall-off, another wave of these dumb behemoths would barrel into my defenses, or bypass them through the forest.

I counted TWENTY-FOUR of the things in the last wave before I took back the penultimate town.

Having a boatload of fun, though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MGS4 was a loving awesome collection of cutscenes

im the biggest kojima apologist here but fixed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
For some dumb reason I started playing Warzone again and I am destroying in Plunder trios.

Still suck at the battle royale part of it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im the biggest kojima apologist here but fixed

I'm just a sucker for Old Man Snake and octocamo :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the sound in mgs4 is goddamn incredible in 5:1 surround sound

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Gonna restart Stardew Valley with the Expanded mod. They seem to be steadily adding content, and it's been a while, so I should have my next few weeks of gaming spelled out.

If you're bored of vanilla Stardew, it's worth a shot. Added a bunch of NPCs (most of them kinda archetype-y, but none of them cringe-inducing) and content.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i gotta do the new island content still. I started a new farm and got just about all the vanity poo poo except the wand of returning and gold clock but yeah game rules

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I reinstalled Morrowind and spent a day modding the hell out of it and holy gently caress it is a great game

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

GD_American posted:

Gonna restart Stardew Valley with the Expanded mod. They seem to be steadily adding content, and it's been a while, so I should have my next few weeks of gaming spelled out.

If you're bored of vanilla Stardew, it's worth a shot. Added a bunch of NPCs (most of them kinda archetype-y, but none of them cringe-inducing) and content.

I tried it out last year and there were unfortunately still a whole bunch of bugs that were either frustrating at the least, or broke my game at worst. I'm kinda assuming/hoping they've ironed them out?

Also, did they adapt their mod to the 1.5 content update, Ginger Island and all?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I tried it out last year and there were unfortunately still a whole bunch of bugs that were either frustrating at the least, or broke my game at worst. I'm kinda assuming/hoping they've ironed them out?

Also, did they adapt their mod to the 1.5 content update, Ginger Island and all?

concernedape gave em 1.5 a couple weeks beforehand, along with a bunch of other of the major mod makers to ensure comparability best he could. 1.5 is out on everything except mobile version now so its pretty well established

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I swear to god, if CA ever ends up milkshake-ducked, I'm just done with everything