Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It's family guy

Cars ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love speeding on highways and I’m glad cops don’t enforce it. it’s nice to get somewhere faster

should definitely be enforced in places with homes or stores bordering the road though

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cars ftl actually.... cars are made of fail

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

cars ftl actually.... cars are made of fail

Many people are saying this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat I’d love to go ftl in a car…. get to a place before I leave for it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lightning McQueen ftw

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

indigi posted:

I love speeding on highways and I’m glad cops don’t enforce it. it’s nice to get somewhere faster

should definitely be enforced in places with homes or stores bordering the road though

Going fast wastes more gas

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/0NQlOfXyrUY

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lil poopendorfer posted:

Going fast wastes more gas

going slow wastes more time

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's not like you're going anywhere important

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

indigi posted:

Not getting in a car in the first place wastes the least of all

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1452330326127226890?s=20

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we also have to get rid of cars, in addition

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Buddy you have no idea how much suffering we're able to normalize. Call me Mr Normalize

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's not like you're going anywhere important

if I was going somewhere important I wouldn’t be driving myself

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

indigi posted:

Spend less time on here and you’ll have more time to drive at reasonable speeds. Also we are spared your posts, so everyone wins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

no thank you, I’ll continue driving as fast as I like :)

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i'm okay with indigi and paul_soccer12 posting here because there's a reason they're drawn to this thread. they feel it at every red light, every traffic jam, every time a fellow motorist starts frothing at the mouth in a murderous rage because someone made them slow down for 15 seconds. that cars are poo poo, and more importantly, that it doesn't have to be this way... the seed has been planted

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
please dont drive and post, also just please dont drive in general

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

post forever car never

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
why do you hate my poison-spewing death machine?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

indigi posted:

no thank you, I’ll continue driving as fast as I like :)

do you ever think about how weird and sad it is that you respond to all of the anti-car post in this thread as if they're directed at you personally

edit: are you a car??

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Oct 24, 2021

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to idle for 3 hours waiting for the ferry

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

my 2010 hyundai was in the shop for a bit, so i rented a car in order to get around. it just so happened that the 2020 model of my car was available, so i figured i would drive in luxury for a bit and see what bells and whistles they had added to my ride in the intervening years.

i hated it! everything is electronic now and half the interface is through touch screens that hosed up my night vision and forced me to keep looking back at the dashboard in order to do the most mundane poo poo like turn the bass down.

the suspension was also wayy too smooth. i couldn't tactilely recognize my neighborhood road at all, the suspension perfectly absorbed every bump and rock in the road that i would've normally felt. it was indeed a smooth ride, but a lot of information that i was passively taking in while driving has been completely engineered away. on the highway i felt like i was getting the beginning stages of vertigo, as if i was just playing an immersive VR game rather than operating a vehicle at deadly speeds. i probably sound like a crotchety old man, but cars shouldn't be this smooth. you should know in your bones that you're interacting with a machine in physical space and it should be continually reminding you of that, not providing you the perfect conditions in which to peacefully fall asleep.

all cars must be destroyed.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
When i was a kid familys car rolled over on a rain slick downhill because some rear end in a top hat just suddenly stopped at the bottom and we had to swerve, luckily we got away with only minor trauma and bleeding, nothing permanent, but it was pretty wild to come to before my parents and feel my stomach sink as they didn't move for a few very long seconds before waking up, that stuck with me.

thats my cars :) hate joker origin story and why im enough of a live wire on this topic to have written a wall of text ridiculous meltdown a few pages back, ty all who wished me well btw

Hope all car likers can have an enlightening experience on the road that makes them dislike cars and speed, but without anybody getting injured :ohdear:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

do you ever think about how weird and sad it is that you respond to all of the anti-car post in this thread as if they're directed at you personally

edit: are you a car??

that post was responding directly to me? are you literate??

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

God Hole posted:

my 2010 hyundai was in the shop for a bit, so i rented a car in order to get around. it just so happened that the 2020 model of my car was available, so i figured i would drive in luxury for a bit and see what bells and whistles they had added to my ride in the intervening years.

i hated it! everything is electronic now and half the interface is through touch screens that hosed up my night vision and forced me to keep looking back at the dashboard in order to do the most mundane poo poo like turn the bass down.

the suspension was also wayy too smooth. i couldn't tactilely recognize my neighborhood road at all, the suspension perfectly absorbed every bump and rock in the road that i would've normally felt. it was indeed a smooth ride, but a lot of information that i was passively taking in while driving has been completely engineered away. on the highway i felt like i was getting the beginning stages of vertigo, as if i was just playing an immersive VR game rather than operating a vehicle at deadly speeds. i probably sound like a crotchety old man, but cars shouldn't be this smooth. you should know in your bones that you're interacting with a machine in physical space and it should be continually reminding you of that, not providing you the perfect conditions in which to peacefully fall asleep.

all cars must be destroyed.

Cars like this shouldn't exist, but other then banning all cars, and telling people that are concern trolling about 3/4's of the american population that need to adapt or die, i'm not sure what to do about it.

At the very least ban camera's and touch-screens, maybe also require the rear end of the driver to be no more then like 13" above the ground?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ban cameras? why? backup cameras own and are good

God Hole posted:

this poo poo does suck so bad, I hate not being able to adjust things without looking. I want everything on the dashboard to be analog, but this isn’t even an option on any of the cars I was considering last time I bought one. it sucks and I hate cars

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A former coworker's kid just died in a car accident. loving hell

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
my neighbor two doors down got a new car and just idling it is so loud that it makes my house shake. the idiot can't drive it either so I'm subjected to several minutes of swelling engine growls every time he backs out of the driveway. then of course when he pulls onto the road he guns it, subjecting everyone in a 2km radius to the sound of his lovely car.

so that's annoying. but the thing that gets to me most is the constant whooshing noise of tyres on the road. it makes just walking really unpleasant.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:awesome:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A former coworker's kid just died in a car accident. loving hell

a car-involved accident? someone drove a car into your coworkers kid, killing them

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

i got a sticker for my bike

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

nice sticker :)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

my neighbor two doors down got a new car and just idling it is so loud that it makes my house shake. the idiot can't drive it either so I'm subjected to several minutes of swelling engine growls every time he backs out of the driveway. then of course when he pulls onto the road he guns it, subjecting everyone in a 2km radius to the sound of his lovely car.

so that's annoying. but the thing that gets to me most is the constant whooshing noise of tyres on the road. it makes just walking really unpleasant.

my apt is road level and I deal with this all the time. and to think people will mod their muffler to make their car even louder for whatever reason.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Oct 25, 2021

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Friendly reminder that cops are probably the most pro-car demographic, and if the thought of regulating driving makes you bristle you might be a cop, or have cop brain

https://twitter.com/ddannynnn/status/1452395612725518341

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

death 2 all car havers, incluiding myself

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

hate cops

hate cars

Epic High Five posted:

death 2 all car havers, incluiding myself

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

my dog and i got buzzed by some jackass SUV for having the audacity to use a crosswalk, pedestrians should have the martyrdom perk enabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/extrapostage/status/1452248059757350922

look at all those cars about to be keyed

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 03:39 on Oct 25, 2021