Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

nobody’s gonna key those cars in broad daylight. well, nobody with a brain in their noggin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
wow you don't say! Jesus Christ youre annoying

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Radirot posted:

wow you don't say! Jesus Christ youre annoying

the type of mf who’s never keyed a car

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

gas tax of 1% of the buyer's gross assets per gallon

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hate car

but I also hate driver

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Oh wow, look at the QRT's and replies on this:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1452450113830461441

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it should be legal to key any car that is parked illegally, whether it is blocking a bike lane, blocking a sidewalk, or even too close to a fire hydrant

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Blockade posted:

it's globalism to not spend half of my life driving back and forth between my house, wal-mart, walgreens, and stop n shop

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

all bike lanes should be separated from the road by a barrier no smaller than a curb, and preferably larger

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

vyelkin posted:

all bike lanes should become the whole road

Yes I agree one hundred percent

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

vyelkin posted:

all bike lanes should be separated from the road by a barrier no smaller than a curb, and preferably larger

it's also important that the barrier is made out of concrete or similar, otherwise it tends to get rapidly destroyed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

:hai:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blockade posted:

I legit don't have the heart to

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

I legit don't have the heart to

It's just an endless parade of the stupidest people on the Earth revelling in their indistinguishable stupidity while insisting that they're unique, individual free thinkers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You could just say it's full of americans :smug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

it should be legal to key any car that is parked illegally, whether it is blocking a bike lane, blocking a sidewalk, or even too close to a fire hydrant

I concur

vyelkin posted:

concrete K rails minimum imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blockade posted:

lol the ratio

doomed

Suplex Liberace posted:

thats right :hai:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

ban cameras? why? backup cameras own and are good

this poo poo does suck so bad, I hate not being able to adjust things without looking. I want everything on the dashboard to be analog, but this isn’t even an option on any of the cars I was considering last time I bought one. it sucks and I hate cars

Camera's enable auto-manufacturer's to design cars without sight-lines, so it removes the ability for even careful drivers to be aware of their surroundings and instead being forced to look at the very narrow view angle to backup, and just blindly change lines at high-way speeds since the stupid camera's only work in reverse, and the mirror's are useless.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The reverse camera view angle is like 240 degrees lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does anyone know how to calculate the actual carbon footprint of our car infrastructure?

like all the roads, roads, roads, parking lots, vehicle manufacturing, parking garages, asphalt, concrete

like is there any way that getting rid of cars wouldn't delete most emissions? every segment of emissions seems like it can be traced back to car infrastructure with the exception of maybe agriculture and logging

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lobster shirt posted:

it should be legal to key any car

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Uh factories and electricity generation have more emissions than cars

Transportation as a whole has more than either but that's shipping and planes and everything

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

does anyone know how to calculate the actual carbon footprint of our car infrastructure?

like all the roads, roads, roads, parking lots, vehicle manufacturing, parking garages, asphalt, concrete

like is there any way that getting rid of cars wouldn't delete most emissions? every segment of emissions seems like it can be traced back to car infrastructure with the exception of maybe agriculture and logging

I think it would delete a large percentage of omissions but I think air travel + shipping + military may still outpace it by tonnage.

e: the EPA puts “transportation” at 29% in the US which is cars + planes + trains so cars are probably a quarter max

e2: epa global estimates put transportation at 14%

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's just the emissions out the tailpipe, not the infrastructure to sustain a billion of these fuckers zipping around because their owners all live 60 miles from where they work

you would have to add in construction and energy at the very least

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

paul_soccer12 posted:

The reverse camera view angle is like 240 degrees lol

240 FoV at 240i resolution on an 8" screen with a second of display lag and more if its cold outside. All to replace a mirror because suvs are horrible monstrosities that take all the disadvantages of a car and make them worse. :waycool:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dolphin posted:

that's just the emissions out the tailpipe, not the infrastructure to sustain a billion of these fuckers zipping around because their owners all live 60 miles from where they work

And just think how much energy all those selfish people having children use!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

yeah they include buildings, land usage, and industry (which includes construction) as separate categories. it doesn’t outpace electricity+commercial/residential use

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

Lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

And just think how much energy all those selfish people having children use!
did you just cross-post a grudge in a totally unrelated topic because you got mad about something i said 6 months ago?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

240 FoV at 240i resolution on an 8" screen with a second of display lag and more if its cold outside. All to replace a mirror because suvs are horrible monstrosities that take all the disadvantages of a car and make them worse. :waycool:

More than a second of display lag wtf are you smoking

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

yeah they include buildings, land usage, and industry (which includes construction) as separate categories. it doesn’t outpace electricity+commercial/residential use
so yeah getting rid of cars would erase the majority of emissions

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

so yeah getting rid of cars would erase the majority of emissions

no, I just said it wouldn’t

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

do you think electricity + agriculture + commercial/residential usage would disappear if we banned cars, not to mention shipping/air travel

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

no, I just said it wouldn’t
yeah but that's because you don't know what you're talking about

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dolphin posted:

yeah but that's because you don't know what you're talking about

in 2018 global coal usage far outpaced petroleum usage, your argument is just wrong on its face

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

in 2018 global coal usage far outpaced petroleum usage, your argument is just wrong on its face
no coal ever gets used in construction or industry serving car infrastructure :downs:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no no, we were totally going to build that parking garage, metal refinery, glass factory, roads, power transmission lines serving 80m inefficient single family homes even if we didn't have cars

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Abolish glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer12 posted:

Abolish glass
for car windows, unironically yes.