Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did I misread that, or do you have kokomi at A4?

I'd go with what everyone else has said about Beidou/XQ/Kokomi. Bring their asensions up to at LEAST 70/80, and raise their talents! They're all worth investing in and you won't regret it in the short or long term.

For the 4th spot, you Xiangling's probably the best to add for her sweet vape damage, but I'd probably just throw in Fischl, because I try to include her in every team in which she fits... and she powers Beidou's Ult really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Some domains are just harder than others. When I was AR45, I absolutely could not do the Crimson Witch or Noblesse Oblige domains by myself, and coop wasn't much better, either. Once you get used to the attack patterns in each domain, it gets much easier.

It looks like you have a heavily invested physical DPS Xiangling. If you intend to keep her that way as your main, I would say to level up her talents and get 4pc Tenacity of Millelith on Kokomi (running Xiangling/Beidou/Rosaria/Kokomi for superconduct).

If you intend to run an elemental DPS team instead, I would recommend running the Viridescent Venerer domain to gear up your Anemo traveller, it is a fairly easy domain (that boosts physical DPS, even!) and the resistance shred is a substantial boost to elemental DPS.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

in the event i got a buff that boosted my party's constellation levels by 1, so i got to play with c1 hu tao for awhile. it's cool as hell, saving for c1 is worth it imo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Did I misread that, or do you have kokomi at A4?

I'd go with what everyone else has said about Beidou/XQ/Kokomi. Bring their asensions up to at LEAST 70/80, and raise their talents! They're all worth investing in and you won't regret it in the short or long term.

For the 4th spot, you Xiangling's probably the best to add for her sweet vape damage, but I'd probably just throw in Fischl, because I try to include her in every team in which she fits... and she powers Beidou's Ult really well.

It's true that this is an eventual goal but when someone's question is "hi i can't beat domains what do I raise first to get past this blocker", ascending koko to 80 is the absolute worst option to cost-effectively increase your team's damage.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

in the event i got a buff that boosted my party's constellation levels by 1, so i got to play with c1 hu tao for awhile. it's cool as hell, saving for c1 is worth it imo

I had the same thing happen. However, I found Hu Tao dash cancelling quite clunky compared to jump cancelling. I was considering pulling for C1 before this but I’m completely unsure now.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
So I slapped around a couple of plants that had wanted to eat me and they've given me a couple of 5* goblets & circlets, except their main stat is HP% and not what is recommended for my characters, should I just slap them on anyway to replace my existing 4* because 5* > 4* or just keep waiting until I'm AR 45 and and enter those artifact domains and hope for better artifacts?

x1o fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 25, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No one wants HP% outside of like 3 very specific characters. Main stat is a huge percentage of your damage.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I really can't deal with how stupid the writing is in this dungeon event. We're gonna hang out with Childe, the warcrime enthusiast, and also we're not going to tell Xinyan that the guy tried to genocide her city. But then we're going to have extremely drawn out conversations about the moral alignment of this little paper doll guy because, who knows, he might be evil, we just don't know.

This is the garbage that gets full voice acting? There has already been so much dialog, they could have spent that time in the booth on the new island quest AND the Sakura cleansing quest instead.

This quest better end with Xinyan using her weird rock'n'roll telepathy on Childe and realizing that he's a sociopath that only feels emotions when he's killing.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maxwell Adams posted:

I really can't deal with how stupid the writing is in this dungeon event. We're gonna hang out with Childe, the warcrime enthusiast, and also we're not going to tell Xinyan that the guy tried to genocide her city. But then we're going to have extremely drawn out conversations about the moral alignment of this little paper doll guy because, who knows, he might be evil, we just don't know.

This is the garbage that gets full voice acting? There has already been so much dialog, they could have spent that time in the booth on the new island quest AND the Sakura cleansing quest instead.

This quest better end with Xinyan using her weird rock'n'roll telepathy on Childe and realizing that he's a sociopath that only feels emotions when he's killing.

And around his little brother. Possibly killing him in the process.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

x1o posted:

So I slapped around a couple of plants that had wanted to eat me and they've given me a couple of 5* goblets & circlets, except their main stat is HP% and not what is recommended for my characters, should I just slap them on anyway to replace my existing 4* because 5* > 4* or just keep waiting until I'm AR 45 and and enter those artifact domains and hope for better artifacts?

HP% is for barbara, diona, bennett, zhongli, kokomi, and hu tao, and most of those only need 1-2 pieces

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Bennett should not wear HP% artifacts. He heals enough with a pure damage build just from base HP + flower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

(A* is the current Ascension of each character)

My general experience is that open-world content is mostly not an issue; it depends on the enemies, though it's different for bosses, and sometimes domains that scale with WL like the exploration domains or the event dungeon. XL and Beidou are both 6/6/6 on their talents, Fischl is 4/5/4, Kokomi is 2/6/5, and then from there it varies wildly between 1 and 3 talent levels per character until Aloy where everyone after is 1/1/1.

I'm using the same team and was having the same issues until I looked up how to play Kokomi properly. If you focus on playing her as a carry with that team you'll start punching above your weight class real quick. Even at 60 you can get a lot of mileage out of spamming her regular attacks while both her and Beidou's bursts are going. I'd recommend switching her weapon to Prototype Amber since building energy for bursts is a priority with that team.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Maxwell Adams posted:

Genshin Impact has forgiven Childe for his assorted war crimes for whatever godforsaken reason and has done so since immediately after the Liyue finale. I'm not sure why they're so weird about handling him with kid gloves but don't expect him to ever see comeuppance for being a murderous sociopath. :shrug:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

That definitely went on for a long rear end time at the start, but I've definitely dealt with worse.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Asimo posted:

Genshin Impact has forgiven Childe for his assorted war crimes for whatever godforsaken reason and has done so since immediately after the Liyue finale. I'm not sure why they're so weird about handling him with kid gloves but don't expect him to ever see comeuppance for being a murderous sociopath. :shrug:

When it becomes obvious storywise that wishes are just like database replicas of people and we can summon a not evil Signora Childe is going to commit one more war crime and get his comeuppance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Asimo posted:

its because hes a hot anime boy op. him being a murderous sociopath is not a minus. its a plus. the entire appeal is seeing murderous sociopath boy lay low in front of xinyan while he teases you and you tease him back. it isnt about real world morals or even fantasy world morals its about the appeal of having a murderous sociopath boyfriend. it gets a ton of writing and full VAing because it is catnip for the fanbase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont get why this steakhouse wont punish this steak for being delicious and perfectly mid-rare.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Endorph posted:

its because hes a hot anime boy op. him being a murderous sociopath is not a minus. its a plus. the entire appeal is seeing murderous sociopath boy lay low in front of xinyan while he teases you and you tease him back. it isnt about real world morals or even fantasy world morals its about the appeal of having a murderous sociopath boyfriend. it gets a ton of writing and full VAing because it is catnip for the fanbase.

the number of fanfic that is Childe/Lumine is both mildly horrifying and incredible to behold.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I cant help but feel we are getting off comparatively light compared to some mobile gacha title's that have youhanging around with some really scummy characters that just happen to look really hot or something so maybe its okay or something. Keep in mind this is also the game that last month had you playing mental health consultant to an authoratative ruler who tried to kill you twice simply for opposing her and who comes off as casually indifferent to much else besides her precise definition of eternity so that she doesnt unintentionally turn her god powers in on her own country and destroy it. or at least that's how it starts off.

Also all flagship events and story quests are voice acted. Thats just how it is. Most of the main cast particularly in Japan have super A lister voice actors with huge followings that will sometimes play games or roll for a character just for them. I mean this is the country that has Voice Actor trading cards.

This is one of the main reasons I'm kind of curious to see who Ittos Japanese voice actor is going to be cause it could make a huge difference over there. I'm just kind of guessing Satoshi Hino but really hoping Nobuyuki Hiyama.

Endorph posted:

Its this :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 25, 2021

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Asimo posted:

From what I understand, that might be a flaw in the translation. In other languages he was apparently a lot less eggs-for-omelette about destroying a city of innocent people with a sealed ancient god.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's all to make you roll for Childe.

Apropos of nothing, I think it's kinda remarkable that this game has been out a year and it's actually better to play now than ever before. Most games (horrible launches excluded) usually have some content that drops the quality of the content or messes up the secret sauce. Genshin managing to avoid most of that is kind of an unsung praise.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The amount of quality content they've released in the last 3 patches is actually unbelievable. There won't ever be a competitor at this rate because no other dev has ever been capable of doing this.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Also I think this event sort of expects that you've done Childe's story quest in order to have a better understanding of how he and the traveler are where they are in their relationship and what Paimon was babbling on about.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When it becomes obvious storywise that wishes are just like database replicas of people and we can summon a not evil Signora Childe is going to commit one more war crime and get his comeuppance.

I mean, the lore of the overall games supports that this is essentially what is possibly happening so :shrug:.

Also, something I never mentioned is that the sibling has a unique element color, white. Wonder what that is supposed to be? Light? Time (doubtful)?

Edit: Also, since chrono is definitely going to be an element (and technically is in Honkai too) we're finally going to see all these tragically murdered characters and get an opportunity to recruit them whenever we go back in time to right whatever went wrong or whatever we do back then. Chrono has the sneakiest interface inclusion in the game as well, when factoring the lore.

Also also, apparently Honkai is getting a sequel. And it possibly involves the train from the many crossover and alternate universe events. So expect the possibility of more crossovers soon.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 25, 2021

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Childe is a mashup of bad boy anime tropes and a shonen character that loves fighting so he can get keep getting stronger.

He's power gamer personified and only wants his numbers to go up. As I'm regularly committing war crimes against the indigenous population for the same reason I cant fault him for that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Colorspray posted:

Childe is a mashup of bad boy anime tropes and a shonen character that loves fighting so he can get keep getting stronger.

He's power gamer personified and only wants his numbers to go up. As I'm regularly committing war crimes against the indigenous population for the same reason I cant fault him for that.

And have progressed to beating the poo poo out of their gods and attendant armies to make them see sense.

Really, there's a reason why Childe considers us his battlefu life partner. We're basically the same as him in terms of behavior, even if the goals are slightly different and the protagonist never really admits it out loud.

Also, both of you have ties to a world that may be Earth long after it was destroyed by the Honkai or something else, since he's explicitly named after an old earth hero from mythology.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Archonex posted:

And have progressed to beating the poo poo out of their gods and attendant armies to make them see sense.

Really, there's a reason why Childe considers us his battlefu life partner. We're basically the same as him in terms of behavior, even if the goals are slightly different and the protagonist never really admits it out loud.

Also, both of you have ties to a world that may be Earth long after it was destroyed by the Honkai or something else, since he's explicitly named after an old earth hero from mythology.

Saying the Genshin world has ties to a past earth cuz one guy is named after a mythological character kinda means nothing when the 7 nations are modeled after real-world places, use real-world iconography in places, etc etc.

Additionally, of all the theories, the "traveler is using copies of people's memories via constellations" or whatnot is probably the worst, IMO. That implies that we're able to use the 7 elements -already-, and the fact that we only limit ourselves to the elements we've encountered in story scenes is just misdirection. In the fight against Childe, we only use Anemo and Geo, which also apparently impresses Childe. Against the Raiden Shogun, we use Electro. If we copy the memories and abilities of other characters, there's been zero overt hints to it in the story, all of it coming from people's own theories.

Lastly, the the Sibling doesn't have a special element. The Traveler also has white highlights, after they wake up but before you synchronize with Anemo from the first Statue of the Seven in Monstadt.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Bennett should not wear HP% artifacts. He heals enough with a pure damage build just from base HP + flower.

flat out dismissing HP% artifacts on bennett is theorycrafter nonsense

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1452485066467123200

So i sometimes still cant help but wonder if they use bots for these things or 100K people actually show up in like half a day to give these posts a like cause like holy poo poo. :stare:

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

padijun posted:

flat out dismissing HP% artifacts on bennett is theorycrafter nonsense

It's true, though? I feel effectively invincible whenever I'm in Bennet's burst, and I honestly forgot it scaled off his HP until just now. It's fine when you're still new and don't have any decent artifacts to put on him, but I definitely would encourage people to use something else.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Kale posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1452485066467123200

So i sometimes still cant help but wonder if they use bots for these things or 100K people actually show up in like half a day to give these posts a like cause like holy poo poo. :stare:

People really like their wifus

Edit: does this count as queer baiting?

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1452485066525794311?s=20

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 25, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Normally I'd agree but even with waifu aspect aside, Eula kicks rear end.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Still wishing I rolled on Eula :sweatdrop:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

AshtonDragon posted:

It's true, though? I feel effectively invincible whenever I'm in Bennet's burst, and I honestly forgot it scaled off his HP until just now. It's fine when you're still new and don't have any decent artifacts to put on him, but I definitely would encourage people to use something else.

If you aren't running a main DPS build and have enough ER in weapon/substats, you might as well go HP% :shrug: I like being able to heal to full with the big ticks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no. it is two women being nice to each other op.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like it's basically opposite, if your ER is there then why not increase overall team damage? especially in cases where he's going to vape his burst

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Thunder Sheep posted:

Still wishing I rolled on Eula :sweatdrop:

She's great because sometimes you just want to whack something over the head with a big old sword and get huge numbers doing it. And then have her explode and annihilate everything near her.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Endorph posted:

no. it is two women being nice to each other op.

I dunno. I’d agree normally, but her intro video was Eula doing a provocative dance, and inviting Amber to join her. It spawned a zillion Eulamber memes and comments.

While that tweet isn’t overt thing, it continues the thought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that is two women being friends. how is that queerbaiting.

even if the intent is to have lesbian subtext 'lesbian subtext' is not queerbaiting in itself, despite what twitter would have you believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
In other mihoyo games the lesbians are text, not subtext. They just like the gay relationships OP