Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Androies posted:

Yungchomsky has too many fits that are inside jokes for fashion nerds.

it's the braided leather belt that did it for me, that was half his instagram posts in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Listened to Brat Camp (ep 100) yesterday and now I'm researching arson and trying to figure out how to get to Utah

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

emo-ignorance posted:

Listened to Brat Camp (ep 100) yesterday and now I'm researching arson and trying to figure out how to get to Utah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Bv6P3TJMU

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Has anyone said critical Brace theory yet?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sounds like something that pervert coindexter would say

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Good news is my girlfriend sent me this pic saying "us tomorrow night" so don't feel like poo poo, have what they have.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What do they have anyway? Are they making the smooches, or... just pals.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
they're friends from high school

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What do they have anyway? Are they making the smooches, or... just pals.

very glad I'm not the kind of person that posts like this

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Androies posted:

Good news is my girlfriend sent me this pic saying "us tomorrow night" so don't feel like poo poo, have what they have.

drat I didn't know Liz was 5'11"

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

late on this but to me the biggest thing that makes me believe something was going on with Mandalay is that it was the biggest shooting ever by a white conservative dude during a media climate that loves fixating on shootings yet absolutely every media outlet had basically memory holed it within like, a week.

I honestly could buy the crazy boomer goes out with a bang narrative if it weren't for that. but the fact that everybody was like uh paddock who Mandalay what almost immediately is a huge loving tell

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i say swears online posted:

momjeans have been "in" for like four years now and i will never understand why, unless everybody is just fat

brace is dressed way better than chomsky tbh

its that. it gives girls without definition the illusion of curves and an artificial waistline. you move the belly fat to the thigh area

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the jeans are good. topic locked.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Gone Fashing posted:

the jeans are good. topic locked.

I didn't say it was a bad thing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The two of you are... good friends?
But I thought we would be... good friends.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mandrel posted:

late on this but to me the biggest thing that makes me believe something was going on with Mandalay is that it was the biggest shooting ever by a white conservative dude during a media climate that loves fixating on shootings yet absolutely every media outlet had basically memory holed it within like, a week.

I honestly could buy the crazy boomer goes out with a bang narrative if it weren't for that. but the fact that everybody was like uh paddock who Mandalay what almost immediately is a huge loving tell

I brought up Sutherland Springs which was one of the worst mass shootings (it's top 10 in terms of body count I'm pretty sure) happened a month later and someone responded they'd totally forgot that happened.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I never said the mom jeans were bad, I just think it’s funny that my mom picked me up from grade school wearing that same outfit literally hundreds of times

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Androies posted:

Yungchomsky has too many fits that are inside jokes for fashion nerds.

thats why he owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

elastic is all over men's denim now too and it's so weird. maybe it's an op like mandalay

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i say swears online posted:

elastic is all over men's denim now too and it's so weird. maybe it's an op like mandalay

a small ammount of elastic in the waistband is a loving godsend

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

a small ammount of elastic in the waistband is a loving godsend
~3% elastic weave, bby

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mandrel posted:

people that did speak up have tended to die rather abrubtly, similar to the way Ferguson activists mysteriously ended up in burned cars

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s funny how Mandalay also lays bare the total and complete failure of the NSA and The Patriot Act to achieve anything. If you guys couldn’t stop this from happening, then you probably can’t stop anything that they aren’t directly false-flagging themselves

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Patriot Act couldn't do anything by design because if you're a violent right winger then you are by default a Good Guy With A Gun, and so your outbursts will be tacitly endorsed by a large section of the ruling class, and it will remain that way until the very moment a legally purchased bullet from your legally owned gun enters the spine of some poor sucker attending a Jason Aldean concert.

Until then it is off-limits to do anything that may possibly restrict your Freedoms. Same reason why the FBI didn't do anything before the January 6 riots.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
At the bare minimum there absolutely was a coverup of Mandalay by MGM; you can just check out the absolutely sinister Ellen segment for confirmation on that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sometimes I think the complete failure to reform gun laws following sandy hook took the wind out of both the anti gun and pro gun sails. Everyone kinda realised the status quo was not going to change, at least federally.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Utilizing lax or nonexistent gun enforcement to traffic weapons is a key funding source for several three letter agencies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Seams posted:

Sometimes I think the complete failure to reform gun laws following sandy hook took the wind out of both the anti gun and pro gun sails. Everyone kinda realised the status quo was not going to change, at least federally.

Yeah Sandy Hook was the end of gun control in this country. Thought maybe it'd be our Dunblane but I was naïve and people love their lethal toys more than they love children.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's a sign that America is completely unable to enact any positive political change that in the months after Sandy Hook there was an entire social movement around scraeming at the families of the shooting victims just on the off-chance that their children's death could end up having repercussions on gun owner's ownership of their toys. And so in the immediate aftermath of Manderlay Bay, while the victims were literally sitting in hospital waiting rooms for emergency treatment, they were also being harassed and screamed at by other Responsible Gun Owners.

You'd think they'd constantly bring up the existence of the Sutherland Springs church shooting because it was the One instance where a Good Guy with a Gun reduced the number if casualties, but because the liberal media basically stopped covering it, so too did the Responsible Gun Owners.

As for the case of the Christchurch Mosque shooting, you can't really pretend it didn't happen, so instead they've embraced and celebrated it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sandy Hook was a landmark moment but I personally felt the real hell was the Parkland shooting because you had the actual victims of school shooting violence on a national stage being like “please, we are dying, I just watched my friends head explode while sitting in the cafeteria eating my lunch, please I’m begging you help” and the whole country was like “well what do these kids really know anyway, huh?”

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

new ep was kinda profound

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it's pretty interesting especially this part

Functional "Tourette-like" symptoms can be regarded as the "modern" form of the well-known motor variant of MSI. Moreover, they can be viewed as the 21th century expression of a culture-bound stress reaction of our post-modern society emphasizing the uniqueness of individuals and valuing their alleged exceptionality, thus promoting attention-seeking behaviours and aggravating the permanent identity crisis of modern man.

the whole ep is a good explanation why I stopped using social media. they're mistaken if they think the world is going to "run out of server space" as they put it though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yeah but also the intersection between content creators and benjamin/brecht

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmm i didn't know walter benjamin was pronounced like that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hmm i didn't know walter benjamin was pronounced like that

bazinga!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s funny how Mandalay also lays bare the total and complete failure of the NSA and The Patriot Act to achieve anything. If you guys couldn’t stop this from happening, then you probably can’t stop anything that they aren’t directly false-flagging themselves
what failure? the NSA and Patriot Act didn’t do poo poo about buying guns. right-wing nationalists only wanted to spy on the brown “other,” not things they like. the Patriot Act and NSA are working as intended.

Danger posted:

At the bare minimum there absolutely was a coverup of Mandalay by MGM; you can just check out the absolutely sinister Ellen segment for confirmation on that.
oh yeah. MGM put the fear of god into that guy in an NDA/settlement. they wanted to make sure they didn’t get sued out of existence by the ~500 people who got shot by the guy who was able to walk an entire National Guard Armory in through the front door of their hotel. paddock still did all the shooting tho

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 25, 2021

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Phobophilia posted:

The Patriot Act couldn't do anything by design because if you're a violent right winger then you are by default a Good Guy With A Gun, and so your outbursts will be tacitly endorsed by a large section of the ruling class, and it will remain that way until the very moment a legally purchased bullet from your legally owned gun enters the spine of some poor sucker attending a Jason Aldean concert.

Until then it is off-limits to do anything that may possibly restrict your Freedoms. Same reason why the FBI didn't do anything before the January 6 riots.
yeah this is what i said but smarter

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
The constant struggle of Facebook to try and make it seem like it gives a poo poo about mental health while also trying its best to get people to scroll as much as possible will always kill me. I'm sure it's all silo'ed like you have a few sunny floors in some building dedicated to the people who talk about how much of a difference facebook is making with all of its apps and how they can be used to make the world a better place in a healthy manner and then in the basement is just a room jam-packed with people asking how to make Instagram appeal to 4-year-olds.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

new ep was kinda profound

Trueanon: it’s disturbing to me how even the seemingly subversive work we attempt it undermined by the inescapable medium that reduces ourselves to an act of production. With our selves as commodities.

RGD: so are Brace and Liz a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Danger posted:

Trueanon: it’s disturbing to me how even the seemingly subversive work we attempt it undermined by the inescapable medium that reduces ourselves to an act of production. With our selves as commodities.

RGD: so are Brace and Liz a thing?

Please don't forget the discussion of denim