Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Altesein/Weissy, Ace/Seven, and Gusion and Barbatos still leaves 3 more units. (It's 9 per dlc, right? Last one was Hi-Nu, Voltes V, Five sakura wars unit, and the chokijin?) I'm guessing the Flauros is one, but who would the other two be?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Endorph posted:

Altesein/Weissy, Ace/Seven, and Gusion and Barbatos still leaves 3 more units. I'm guessing the Flauros is one, but who would the other two be?

You forgot Armour-Ultraman. It's 2 left.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inferno-sama posted:

You forgot Armour-Ultraman. It's 2 left.
Oh, yeah. Flauros and Bael then, probably?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Didn't the datamine also have Getter Robo Devolution and Shinkalion? Are they doing more DLC after the two packs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/HD_Kirin/status/1452625044178309125

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Endorph posted:

Oh, yeah. Flauros and Bael then, probably?

Yes.

Willo567 posted:

Didn't the datamine also have Getter Robo Devolution and Shinkalion? Are they doing more DLC after the two packs?

Datamine listed more OGs as well, so probably.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
That or the datamine was full of poo poo anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

There's three possibilities.

1) More DLC down the road.
2) Those two had work done on them but fell through.
3) A random text document posted on the internet was not actually the dead sea scrolls.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kinda sad that IBO is relegated to DLC instead of getting top billing in a game of its own, but that could always happen further down the line.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So are these dlc nerds going to just pop in, say hi, be available units and then never do or say anything ever again, or what

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yup, Yuko Mizutani is still in there.

(Even after five years, it still hurts a bit. ;.; )

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Kinda sad that IBO is relegated to DLC instead of getting top billing in a game of its own, but that could always happen further down the line.
If anything, this is a massive boost to its chances. Mobages are one thing but with this they already have four of the most intensive animations done in a style that could easily be reused. Like, with Flauros, Bael, Lupus Rex, and Gusion Rebake already animated, what else would you need for an IBO inclusion? If you started at the start of S2, all you'd need is a bunch of grunt/enemy suits that could get away with 2 or 3 attacks, and the regular Lupus. Maybe the Kimaris Vidar if you wanna make GaliGali playable.

As much as I love Lafter I don't think the Hekija would need two pages of attacks, you know?

Supremezero posted:

So are these dlc nerds going to just pop in, say hi, be available units and then never do or say anything ever again, or what
Given the structure of the game lets you recruit people in a variety of orders anyway, I imagine they'll have dialogue depending on when you pick them up. If you're already writing a bunch of flags for if you get Gridman before Victory Gundam or Majestic Prince before L-Gaim, it's not a ton of extra work to write in a conditional for if Mika is there too. Of course, I doubt they'll have much impact on the plot or setting, unlike the 'real' characters, but I doubt they'll literally say nothing the whole game.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 25, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Bloody Pom posted:

i would much rather have gundam ibo be in the base game (even if the only did season 2) and gundam nt be dlc instead because i loving hate looking at zoltan

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Bloody Pom posted:

I assume they'll probably do it for real the next time they do a trilogy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m assuming since the DLCs are each adding stages that any story stuff for the new series will be relegated to those and then they might get some special dialogue in combat for the big bosses outside of that, maybe.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
drat, that EVA-1 is looking clean.

Edit: gently caress me they're actually doing a Soul of Chogokin for Getter Robo Go. Genuinely did not think I'd see the day.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 25, 2021

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

There's three possibilities.

1) More DLC down the road.
2) Those two had work done on them but fell through.
3) A random text document posted on the internet was not actually the dead sea scrolls.

I'd say more DLC is almost assured - remember that despite being a normal Banpresto-developed SRW, this is also modern Bandai Namco and "piles and piles of DLC" is just kind of what they do as a publisher now.

Power-armor Ultraman being confirmed honestly gives a lot of weight to the leaks that are floating around out there, because that's a seriously hot take of a series to predict out of the blue with no information.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
drat, I might actually get the ATX + IBO dlc.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

IBO being big enough that they can make it part of the DLC and know that'll sell passes feels like proof that it will get to be a big player in SRW 31 - it's had its debut in DD, now they're putting it into the 30th anniversary game in a way that doesn't demand much but does let you throw Mika and friends at Zeon and Zanscare with flashy animations, and the obvious next point from there is that it would probably just be in the next couple of games as a recent big show. As a big fan of G-Reco, I kind of wish it could have had the treatment IBO's getting, because X was great for including almost every character you could want but in other respects (like the regular G-Arcane existing at all) it was kind of lacking, and in a world where they'd already animated the G-Self Perfect Pack and G-Arcane Full Dress I could see there being the money for a little more unit work.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Adding the regular G-Arcane would mean acknowledging that it can transform, and that's never going to happen :v:

Same thing happened with Cross Rays' DLC, they added the Full Dress but not the base unit.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It would make sense that they went through the trouble of coming up with the mission selection system for a game intended to have lots of post-release DLC. You can pop in the new DLC, play the new content, and come back to the game in a few more months when Rebuild 4 and Getter Arc gets in or whatever.

On one hand, getting more and weirder series into the game down the line is cool. On the other hand, I don't know if I have it in me to play this game 3+ times just to have the new guys around all game so... Yeah, that system is a small blessing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jinn Gehennam will never find out that his name lived on.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Give me at least one base convo with Quattro and McGillis and that justifies his inclusion immediately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i will gladly pay 10 us dollars for this dlc so long as they add dialogue for mika failing to remember the name of literally every major antagonist from all the other featured series.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i will pay 10 dollars to see mika kill zoltan

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The thought of the IBO Gundams taking on late-UC enemies is hilarious, the poor bastards usually have nothing but beam weapons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

The thought of the IBO Gundams taking on late-UC enemies is hilarious, the poor bastards usually have nothing but beam weapons.
finally, the ideal enemy for the giant wheels with rocket launchers strapped to them

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Welp, that's it for the stream.

See you all on the other side in two days.

Kale
May 14, 2010

At work so cant watch. Was Sumire and her mecha one of the Sakura Taisen things added cause so far I've only seen 3 of them in the first DLC trailer?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Kale posted:

At work so cant watch. Was Sumire and her mecha one of the Sakura Taisen things added cause so far I've only seen 3 of them in the first DLC trailer?

It's Ogami and iirc the guy from 5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, the other two are Ogami and Taiga.

It's actually the same group of characters that was in the Granblue collab, though Taiga was only a call-in for Gemini, so it's likely Sega wants those five specifically whenever there's a Sakura Wars collab. Though Taiga missed Project X Zone.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Inferno-sama posted:

It's Ogami and iirc the guy from 5.

I was always told she and her VA were like the most popular character basically or one of them, but maybe this is more of a 90s thing. :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

IBO being DLC is so disappointing. But I guess we couldn't have that in the main game, it'd take space we need for Zeta and Char's Counterattack for the 30th time.

ULTRAMAN being in is one hell of a surprise. I'm okay with it being DLC because I'd like it to debut alongside its spiritual predecessor, Linebarrels of Iron (manga, obviously) simply because both would work extremely well together. Or hell, let Super Sentai out of gacha hell, get a Kamen Rider in, Toku SRW!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

IBO being DLC is so disappointing. But I guess we couldn't have that in the main game, it'd take space we need for Zeta and Char's Counterattack for the 30th time.

I'm pretty sure they're post plot and that the Gundam plot in 30 is NT and Victory

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, as an aside, it's really encouraging to see so many people excited for 30 even without the obvious choices for a foreign released SRW game

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1452623428901552134?s=20

Also I’ve seen mention that Terada said Ryukohoh and Koryuoh are one unit that is counted as two, but take that with a grain of salt

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Also, as an aside, it's really encouraging to see so many people excited for 30 even without the obvious choices for a foreign released SRW game

And I mean, Japanese twitter is going absolutely nuts for both the DLC and the third PV in general. SRW30 is likely going to be Big.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So if there’s a chance I may actually buy the DLC, should I just stick with the Steam version over getting a physical Switch version? Didn’t know how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to get the DLC on Switch if I only have a US account

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

And I mean, Japanese twitter is going absolutely nuts for both the DLC and the third PV in general. SRW30 is likely going to be Big.

That’s good to hear. It sounds like the developers really have tried to go all out with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

MechaX posted:

So if there’s a chance I may actually buy the DLC, should I just stick with the Steam version over getting a physical Switch version? Didn’t know how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to get the DLC on Switch if I only have a US account

It will be vastly easier to get the DLC with the Steam version, yes