Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Metroid Dread, final clear time 6:19:42. Incredible game, one of the best in the series imo and maybe my GOTY

yeah its unreal how much it lived up to expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

you interact with a book and it plays a grainy 128x128 pixel quicktime movie of jonathan blow crying while watching soulja boy mercilessly mock braid

lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Castlevania

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

super metroid. 5:57 clear time, 70% items.

this is my favorite metroid game. i hadn’t played it in over a decade so i’d forgotten a whole lot. this is a good trick so maybe i’ll leave super metroid fallow until about 2035 so i can play it with fresh eyes again. i quit samus returns halfway through and good riddance. just such a dull game. i’d never get to dread at that rate.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i sort of want to try the actual VR for the latest Myst remake, it just feels like the only way i can have a new experience with that game at this point. not gonna buy VR just for that though.

Nostradingus posted:

Actraiser Renaissance.

The original is one of my favorite SNES games and this is a lousy imitation of it. There's very little freedom to experiment. If you try to do anything out of the intended order, you get a "milord, thou mustn't sequence break" message. I hate to complain but this remake kind of stinks. Music is still cool though.

this sucks, i was going to try this later in the year. i guess i can't complain because it's not like i ever expected a remake of Actraiser of all games, so i'm just back where i was.

i have 12 NES games to get through before this one and have never played it before. i think most of them will go quickly but one of them is gradius.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i have 12 NES games to get through before this one and have never played it before. i think most of them will go quickly but one of them is gradius.

It was a good time altogether but the last couple levels kicked my rear end pretty bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

have never played it before.

:wtc:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

soon to be remedied. most of what i have before i get to it is sports games, which i've found go pretty quickly.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
metro exodus: the back half of the game changes the pacing from open world areas to explore to a really linear progression and its pretty boring. the all rtx lighting was pretty and the dlss 2.0 tech is a huge step up from the base game but i was waiting for it to be over the last few hours. i give it a solid "meh"

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
Dragon WARRIOR 4

much easier with alena on your team, unlike my last playthrough witch was probally hero nara mara and ragnar which wasnt a great team at all!!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Always pick alena

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)
14. Suikoden
15. Donpachi (Japan, 1-ALL, dead at 2-2) - video
16. Super Metroid (Control Freak hack, 4:00, 60%, saved the animals)
17. Doom (E1, E2 on UV, E3 on HMP, no mid-level saving, pistol start on death)
18. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
19. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
20. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
22. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)
23. Super Mario Odyssey
24. Sonic Colors Ultimate
25. WarioWare: Get it Together!

its fun. ill probably do some of the gacha stuff. the single player variety pack games seem kind of boring

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

26. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
32. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (All Trophies)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

metroid dread. wonderful, wonderful game. if its not my goty i'll be because smt5 beat it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

metroid dread. wonderful, wonderful game. if its not my goty i'll be because smt5 beat it

Yeah SMTV is the only thing I can see topping it for me too. Seriously amazed that we got a surprise Metroid game announced this year, released only four months later and it turned out to be incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah SMTV is the only thing I can see topping it for me too. Seriously amazed that we got a surprise Metroid game announced this year, released only four months later and it turned out to be incredible

seriously, i cant believe that six months ago metroid dread was ancient vaporware. nintendo ftw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mega man x3 - buster only

I don't like any of the subweapons in this game, i dislike how they made most of them do nothing if the enemy wasn't vulnerable to them. mega man x is still the best

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

33. Commando
eh. this felt a little more repetitive than some of the other games that came before it. it may just be that this isn't my kind of thing, though. if i'm doing this, i prefer an actual rails shooter so that i don't have to hold forward the whole game. i will say that it was just about the right length (there are 16 stages, and it's divided like Mario, so the last stage is 4-4), and that the boss fights just being an onslaught where you have to stay on one screen is cool.

Ghost and Goblins is hard. i hate that little demon!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gotcha bitch
       \

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
nes gng is a horrible port

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

gotcha bitch
       \

i wanna chain probate him for his crimes in level 6. ugh!!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

mbt posted:

mega man x3 - buster only

I don't like any of the subweapons in this game, i dislike how they made most of them do nothing if the enemy wasn't vulnerable to them. mega man x is still the best
Crush Crawfish's weapon used basically like a shotgun ftw, Triad Thunder can also clean house (but it's almost boring how good it is). Generally agree tho

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh my god they did "sorry mario our princess is in another castle" but for the whole game lmao. the arcade cabinets for these must have taken a lot of abuse.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

oh my god they did "sorry mario our princess is in another castle" but for the whole game lmao. the arcade cabinets for these must have taken a lot of abuse.

.... you didnt know?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

33. Commando
eh. this felt a little more repetitive than some of the other games that came before it. it may just be that this isn't my kind of thing, though. if i'm doing this, i prefer an actual rails shooter so that i don't have to hold forward the whole game. i will say that it was just about the right length (there are 16 stages, and it's divided like Mario, so the last stage is 4-4), and that the boss fights just being an onslaught where you have to stay on one screen is cool.

Ghost and Goblins is hard. i hate that little demon!!!!

gently caress you

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

nes gng is a horrible port

its not that bad honestly, for its time

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

its not that bad honestly, for its time

theres no excuse for it to run at 12fps or whatever

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
plus they screwed up the arremer's ai so he's way more annoying

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the snes version has the best music. im poo poo at all the games and keep dying.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

the snes version has the best music. im poo poo at all the games and keep dying.

this is true of the ghosts n goblins series, as well.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

b_d posted:

it may have good music but its probably my least favorite

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
super ghouls is too slow and long. ghouls/daimakaimura arcade is the best iteration in the series i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Genesis GnG is a really good port for the time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super GnG is cool but taking out four directional firing sucks

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah I like the genesis one a lot

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

.... you didnt know?

no, i was so mad, lol.

34.Ghosts and Goblins
i didn't love this. the game stutters even more than Commando, which had way more happening on the screen. plus every time i tried to jump forward, it felt like the dude crouched and then jumped without moving. i'm hoping it's not my controller, but it hasn't bothered me on any other games (working on Gradius now, and it seems fine). i think mostly that myco is right and it's a bad port - the big demons were easier than the little ones, which feels like it probably wasn't true in the arcade version. making you play the whole game over again to get the "real" ending stinks, though.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah its really good. that port was yuji naka's first game for sega

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if i manage to play through the rest of dread within two months i'll have beaten one (1) game in 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

if i manage to play through the rest of dread within two months i'll have beaten one (1) game in 2021.

at least it will have been a good game.