Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/bambooney/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I'm betting the sex scene to be absolutely tame. The camera zoomed in on them just huddled against each other under the covers, exhaling slowly and looking more like they're trying to get into a better cuddle position. No crazy superhero sex or loving in the sky.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Who is in the sex scene, Jolie or Hayek or both?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I'm betting the sex scene to be absolutely tame. The camera zoomed in on them just huddled against each other under the covers, exhaling slowly and looking more like they're trying to get into a better cuddle position. No crazy superhero sex or loving in the sky.

they do the sitcom thing where the woman has an extra sheet completely separate from the ones adorning the bed wrapped tightly around her upper body

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i read it's an unsimulated sex scene inspired by in the realm of the senses and it ends with kingo getting his dick cut off!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kingo only pawn in game of life

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The Zimm man hasn't done a good track since Flight from Man of Steel. the dune soundtrack is blah

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

https://twitter.com/MattDonnelly/status/1450347738646802432?s=20

not sure i like the idea of a G rated sex scene for a number of reasons

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
describing a gay kiss scene as a sex scene, which i think is what they're referring to, is kinda lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just remembered the sex scene in The Boys and laughed thinking about Kingo plowing like that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i hope they make KINGO finger gun hands like the HULK or THING hands that were popular when I was in middle and high school. I just can't get enough Kingo!!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Years ago, I listened pretty often to a music review show on the local NPR with album ratings that were basically buy, pirate, or skip.

With new music now going to streaming, I'm not sure that still works for music, but it still works for movies.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Peanut President posted:

please the proper term is Dune-Clone

lol holy poo poo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Judakel posted:

The Zimm man hasn't done a good track since Flight from Man of Steel. the dune soundtrack is blah

I watched Man of Steel in full for the first time last night

absolutely rocked socks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

How does Dunc compare to the Westwood RTS games

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

gradenko_2000 posted:

absolutely rocked socks

:stare:

Serf
May 5, 2011

gurney halleck being played by josh brolin was a bad idea. halleck should be played by some thumb-looking ugly fucker. also brolin way oversells some of his lines for some reason. on the other hand rebecca ferguson takes the thankless role of lady jessica and actually turns it into something interesting to watch

and there was a criminal lack of worm. like if you saw the trailer you saw the most worm there is in the movie, which is lame

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Trabisnikof posted:

https://twitter.com/MattDonnelly/status/1450347738646802432?s=20

not sure i like the idea of a G rated sex scene for a number of reasons

they cast two of the sultriest screen legends of this generation (hayek, jolie) and are trying to pretend that a closeup of a face is Sexy

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's comparable to Tim Curry's Red Alert arc.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
No House Ordos, 0/10

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Judakel posted:

yeah I’m kind of surprised how much love it’s getting, it certainly wasn’t bad but it didn’t add anything either

gradenko_2000 posted:

absolutely rocked socks

yeah I really like it, does a good job of posing the question “what if the world doesn’t deserve Superman”

also Faora-Ul mommy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Emperor was such an awesome RTS. I wish it got remastered but I know it's in a licensing hell.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
disagree

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I have a projector that clicks onto my cell phone so I watched Dune on my wall which was pretty cool.

I think they nailed the aesthetics overall but I miss the greasy Lynch Harkonnens. The audio book series still beats the new movie by a lot but I enjoyed it (the audio books are really, really good). The movie ending abruptly threw me off bc I'd be shocked if they complete the series

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

also, I never made the Caladan/Caledonia connection and was surprised when bagpipes started playing durrrrrrrrr

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

I have a projector that clicks onto my cell phone so I watched Dune on my wall which was pretty cool.

I think they nailed the aesthetics overall but I miss the greasy Lynch Harkonnens. The audio book series still beats the new movie by a lot but I enjoyed it (the audio books are really, really good). The movie ending abruptly threw me off bc I'd be shocked if they complete the series

i'd been predicting that the movie would bomb at the box office for a while, but it does look like i'm wrong because it made $40 million this weekend, which is the best of villenueve's career. he somehow got to make dune after br2049 barely broke even so who knows they might hand him more money for some inexplicable reason

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Serf posted:

i'd been predicting that the movie would bomb at the box office for a while, but it does look like i'm wrong because it made $40 million this weekend, which is the best of villenueve's career. he somehow got to make dune after br2049 barely broke even so who knows they might hand him more money for some inexplicable reason

supposedly they also told him that if enough people streamed it on HBO Max then they would make a sequel even if the box office returns weren't high enough, which tbf is probably them just bullshitting him to maintain a relationship but gives hope to people like me who enjoyed the movie on HBO and would like to see part two

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

the exact same post but "wow! now we get rachel weisz and florence pugh in kojima fetish gear, and they fight an army of drone women in catsuits?"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

It might be a positive that Warner Bros made the movie. They steamed ahead on Watchmen even though they didn't own the film rights to it and have a long track record of pleasing stars/directors even if some of their films aren't big draws

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

add in the general, insane drama of 'book twitter' (did anyone hear about the attack helicopter fiasco? that was fun and reflected well on a lot of the trad pub personalities involved!) and i really have to wonder why anyone--including myself--wades into this morass. but i mean, what're you going to do? self-publish and place your art before the whims of bezos? it's all hosed lol lmao

i did not and would love to learn more

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm living through 2020 again. :smithicide:
https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1452701552653832204?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Dunc 2 will be made.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pinkrocktopus/status/1452692194863820802?t=M58wjJACSd1qAIGFAMSnEA&s=19

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

every time i read DUNC i repeat it twice, out loud like :doink:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lmao boy is she in for a disappointment

gradenko_2000 posted:

absolutely rocked socks

I agree, it's pretty good op, it just got bad pr because of manchildren complaining Superman killed a fascist

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the Bene Gesserit Order is CANCELLED, spill the tea sis. tell her about the Honored Matres next.

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat its almost like the dune universe is nightmarish or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i haven't read the books or anything but they explicitly talk in the movie about how they've been pairing strong lines for *generations* in order to bring about the mahdi like come on now what more do you need?