Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

The blue stuff in the toilet is to discourage diluting your cocaine piss with water

Fake piss passes tests.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yup, it's just a 2000 flushes tab in the toilet tank causing that blue color.

I mean when I did it it was something the lady specifically poured into the bowl before I went in, I saw her do it. I do buy that it's just to keep you from using the water though, that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Shame Boy posted:

Pretty sure they'd be fine with legalizing child labor regardless of anything else buddy

In a historic show of compromise and bipartisanship congress has agreed children can work on the conditions that they not be paid and work is compulsory.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
how much fuckin money is wasted on subjecting employees to weird and demeaning drug tests

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casey Finnigan posted:

how much fuckin money is wasted on subjecting employees to weird and demeaning drug tests

Ask Florida, where they implemented drug testing for welfare.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/florida-didnt-save-money-by-drug-testing-welfare-recipients-data-shows/1225721/

And the person applying for welfare has to pay for the test.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Oct 25, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Phigs posted:

The things drug users will do to keep taking drugs makes me question the plan of making drug use difficult enough to make people stop. I mean, when your policies create a grey market for piss you have to wonder if maybe those policies are misguided.
if I freebase some meth it’s gone from my body in a couple days, but spend a weekend getting heavily wrecked on weed and it’s there for weeks. drug testing, like personality testing, is unfortunately a thing American workers have accepted because there isn’t a way to reject it.

by comparison, I worked tech support for the bbc in England for years and had access to almost everything and making people take a drug test was never even a fleeting thought

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

it's not wasted money for management if it disciplines and humiliates the worker

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
joke's on management i love storing a small bottle of fake piss in my boxers and it makes me feel confident and good

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

joke's on management i love storing a small bottle of fake piss in my boxers and it makes me feel confident and good

I piss everywhere, contaminating every surface with my red hot piss, thereby invalidating every other sample.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casey Finnigan posted:

I use a large bottle and I feel even more confident and good

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Just want to point out as someone outside of USA how :stonk: the drug testing thing is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

Just want to point out as someone outside of USA how :stonk: the drug testing thing is.

Listen, drugs are bad but also one of our largest economic sectors and also most TV ads but only certain ones

FREEDOM

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

skewetoo posted:

wait until you find out about the at home drug test kits they sell to parents to use on their children!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

duz posted:

wait until you find out about the at home drug test kits they sell to parents to use on their children!

Lol don't gently caress with me. I guess the concept of patient privacy doesn't exist lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

skewetoo posted:

Lol don't gently caress with me. I guess the concept of patient privacy doesn't exist lol

Well if you have money, certainly it does.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

It does, as a concept

Your employment is voluntary though, so it can be contingent on a report from a for-profit testing center

You also have to pay for your own criminal background check in a lot of places

And of course there is no medical privacy for minors from their own parents who would legally have to consent to medical things for them (there are some exceptions to this in certain states, like birth control)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

skewetoo posted:

It definitely does, but children aren't people and don't have rights.

You should definitely not read about the unlicensed torture camps parents pay tens of thousands of dollars to to have their teenage children kidnapped in the middle of the night and taken to for years that are 100% legal.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
For more information about conversation camps, watch the documentary"but I'm a cheerleader"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

skewetoo posted:

If you're not from this country you have absolutely no loving idea how insane it is from top to bottom

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

skewetoo posted:

i was talking with a coworker about how drug tests can really only pick up pot usage and a third coworker brought up that she was drug testing her two teenage children so she really only cared about pot usage

tokin opposition posted:

For more information about conversation camps, watch the documentary"but I'm a cheerleader"

everyone should watch it anyways

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah I drug test my children

and they get in serious trouble if it comes up clean

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

pretty sure the post office just sends these directly to the secret service lol

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

yeah I drug test my children

and they get in serious trouble if it comes up clean

username idea: drugshitter

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

duz posted:

i was talking with a coworker about how drug tests can really only pick up pot usage and a third coworker brought up that she was drug testing her two teenage children so she really only cared about pot usage

This is sociopathic lol

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

You also have to pay for your own criminal background check in a lot of places

An installation of mine was part of an art exhibit about surveillance and systems of control a while back in the USA, and without any sense of irony they told me I had to submit a criminal background check lmao
I told them we don't do that here and luckily they dropped it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ekuNNN posted:

An installation of mine was part of an art exhibit about surveillance and systems of control a while back in the USA, and without any sense of irony they told me I had to submit a criminal background check lmao

Who is they, the owners of the venue?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

childrens' privacy from their parents is virtually unrecognized in the US. even several single party dem states like illinois or massachusetts require that a minor seeking an abortion have one or both of their parents approve of it

minors don't have rights because the right of a parent to raise their children however they want iirc has been declared by the supreme court under its claimed supreme lawmaking authority as constitutionally protected and therefore restrictions on it are subject to scrict scrutiny

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 21:47 on Oct 25, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ekuNNN posted:

Why though, just to exhibit there?

Oh another one's background check popped for putting bombs in their art and blowing up galleries. You'd be surprised how often that happens

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/leigh_fall/status/1452314614595833859

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Oh another one's background check popped for putting bombs in their art and blowing up galleries. You'd be surprised how often that happens

they should be honored banksy wanted to exhibit his stuff in their show.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who is they, the owners of the venue?
Yeah, the organisation running the gallery

The Bloop posted:

yeah. I guess probably because the gallery was linked to a university and maybe everyone who does work for a university has to get a background check in the us?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you're not from this country you have absolutely no loving idea how insane it is from top to bottom
and if you are from this country it's just "normal"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

raise the rent duh

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
oh wow work piss jeans what the HECK

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I'd guess it's an insurance thing, like insurance won't cover the exhibit unless you have taken reasonable steps to ensure one of the exhibitors isn't secretly a cat burglar who's gonna steal all the art or whatever.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

Yeah, the organisation running the gallery

yeah. I guess probably because the gallery was linked to a university and maybe everyone who does work for a university has to get a background check in the us?

Everyone who works for anything ever has to get a background check. Hell you have to get a background check to even rent an apartment. It's one of the fun invisible ways we cut off all possible opportunities from minorities, since guess who coincidentally tends to get arrested the most.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Shame Boy posted:

Everyone who works for anything ever has to get a background check. Hell you have to get a background check to even rent an apartment. It's one of the fun invisible ways we cut off all possible opportunities from minorities.

always be projecting to china

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Palladium posted:

always be projecting to china

Lol yeah when the social credit score panic came out I was like “that just sounds like a credit score and a criminal arrest check”

That’s the fun thing, although I think they’re limited to convictions in some places, a lot of places they look at the arrest record regardless of how it all resolved

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

But yeah in this particular case I bet it's insurance because that's the level of "giving a gently caress" I'd expect for insurance compliance. "We need to background check you." "No." "Well we tried."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol yeah when the social credit score panic came out I was like “that just sounds like a credit score and a criminal arrest check”

That’s the fun thing, although I think they’re limited to convictions in some places, a lot of places they look at the arrest record regardless of how it all resolved

I remember reading that if you score high enough on the social credit score you get free/discounted healthcare services so actually ours is worse.

And yeah, when I got my last apartment the lady was like "if you've ever even been arrested, even if you were found not guilty or the charges were dropped, don't even bother because we're going to reject your application."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

30.5 Days posted:

Neither. There are enough laborers to fill all jobs, and they are actively applying for jobs. But they are mostly all competing for the best jobs available. Once those are filled, they will compete for the next-best jobs available, and so forth. The small business tyrants trying to get by paying minimum wage will eventually have their jobs filled, if they can survive that long. Could be a year or even more.

hi i'm from the c-spam misogyny thread can you give me an analogy with chads and staceys?