Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Based on passer rating under pressure and completion percentage above expected Lamar Jackson was the 4th best QB under pressure in 2019. 3rd best in 2020.

He was for sure feeling the constant pressure he got from the Bengals but so would basically anyone without a run game or effective quick passing game to make the pass rush pay.

I dont think hes bad under pressure per se in fact hes great on the run. Im talking specifically when passing from the pocket under pressure at all he seems very rattled by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Belichick vs Rookie QBs is a hell of a thing

Also the special teams were… not good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

I dont think hes bad under pressure per se in fact hes great on the run. Im talking specifically when passing from the pocket under pressure at all he seems very rattled by it

Yeah. And what I'm saying is that by the stats and my lying eyes he is significantly less rattled by pressure than most QBs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Also the special teams were… not good.

We don't talk about those

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. And what I'm saying is that by the stats and my lying eyes he is significantly less rattled by pressure than most QBs.

When hes able to run around this is true. But not when in the pocket

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What team would even take Darnold's $18.5m cap hit next year? He's not going anywhere unless they outright release him and eat it.

e: It's more palatable if you release him post-June and spread the dead money over 2 years I guess.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 25, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Wentz and Darnold moves just baffled the hell out of me in the offseason, really just don't understand either of those moves.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Everyone thinks they can make chicken salad out of chicken poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

When hes able to run around this is true. But not when in the pocket

There is no pocket. Villanueva gives up immediate pressure then Lamar maneuvers around that and the pocket collapses in on him from another direction. When there is a pocket Lamar navigates it exceedingly well.

If you're complaining about his accuracy broadly, regardless of pressure, you'll get no argument from me. Lamar's accuracy has gotten much better but still needs to improve.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

The Wentz and Darnold moves just baffled the hell out of me in the offseason, really just don't understand either of those moves.

I mean Wentz has been fine and people thought the Colts were a competent team. Turns out they weren’t but still

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i think wentz is just a mega doo doo brain. just dumber 'an dog poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wentz threw arguably the worst interception I've ever seen last night.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1452441629021847557

He had a few others that also just clanged off 49ers last night. Dude looked like.... well like 2021 Jimmy G last night.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

He had a few others that also just clanged off 49ers last night. Dude looked like.... well like 2021 Jimmy G last night.

he tried to throw like 4 more and they were all basically just as bad lol. luckily the 49ers DBs can't catch for poo poo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is the only Wentz stat that matters

https://twitter.com/WentzSnaps/status/1452598149441282051?t=V8fYnNHINZlJsQoXXRpZeA&s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
A significantly, significantly worse Bengals team handled the Titans pretty easily last year. I don't think they've gotten much better. I don't know why the Bengals did so well against the Titans last year but I don't have a reason to think they wouldn't again and I'm not worried about them.

I would definitely say bills are the scariest AFC team. I would put the Bengals just after.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kalli posted:

Back in the Brandon Weeden "Era" for the Browns he did this multiple times. Desperate underhanded throws out of sacks that just went right to a defender with no receiver in sight.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1452717175257513988?s=20

Rams saved 2.1m trading Young and got 3.1m back last week restructuring Rob Havenstein.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The Bills have a loving ridiculously soft remaining schedule. The only team left with a winning record(ATM) is the Bucs, a game which the Bills are fated to lose in heartbreaking or embarrassing fashion(possibly both!).
Of course, they've managed to gently caress themselves on tiebreakers vis-a-vis the Titans, and they have thus had ludicrously good injury luck for 1 1/3 seasons straight. Like, if Tre White were get hurt, our lackluster corner depth would be on display.

They also play the saints on Thanksgiving in nola. The bills should be favored but that's still a thursday night game that I wouldn't say is a gimme.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Back in the Brandon Weeden "Era" for the Browns he did this multiple times. Desperate underhanded throws out of sacks that just went right to a defender with no receiver in sight.

Mahomes did something similar against the Ravens this year

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

If he had actually *thrown* it instead of this weird fling he probably gets the touchdown.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1452717175257513988?s=20

Rams saved 2.1m trading Young and got 3.1m back last week restructuring Rob Havenstein.

He looked pretty good at first but he's been on the wrong end of some bad plays recently. I was watching him against the Lions and he'd have a few bad to mediocre plays before one good one, he's just a little spacy he's never exactly where it seems he should be

Which I guess is evidenced by the fact that all they got for him was turning a 7th rounder into a 6th rounder

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in you and i there's a new land. bengals in flight

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

He looked pretty good at first but he's been on the wrong end of some bad plays recently. I was watching him against the Lions and he'd have a few bad to mediocre plays before one good one, he's just a little spacy he's never exactly where it seems he should be

Which I guess is evidenced by the fact that all they got for him was turning a 7th rounder into a 6th rounder

He's been a better coverage linebacker, but he's horrid against the run. They can probably replace him with a few guys on the roster for all they actually use ILBs on defense.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/OmahaProd/status/1452713276719214599?t=AfdgtaYCuXPmmfeUWwCKFA&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Eli better have both rings on.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm dog sitting and the family has ESPN 2, May dial into that to see if it's worth the hype.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

That's a fun lineup. Gonna try to watch it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Instead of people just talking about Tom Brady the Mannings can talk TO him. Brilliant!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Eifert Posting posted:

A significantly, significantly worse Bengals team handled the Titans pretty easily last year. I don't think they've gotten much better. I don't know why the Bengals did so well against the Titans last year but I don't have a reason to think they wouldn't again and I'm not worried about them.

I would definitely say bills are the scariest AFC team. I would put the Bengals just after.

Our pass rush was absolutely awful last year and has improved a fair bit. This was our main defensive issue. I think it would end up as a shootout this year but the bengals match up well against us

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually very interested to watch the Mannings talk to Brady in the fairly laid back manner they usually do with guests. I've only seen Brady interviewed in that very sterile feeling post game or press conference way.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I hope they just poo poo all over the quarterbacks tonight.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

What the gently caress have we done to suffer with another Seahawks primetime game.

e: oh wait, the manningcast is back? nevermind

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Considering some of these games they haven't flexed they absolutely need to flex Bengals Chargers. Any game can turn out to be lesser than expected, but Herbie Vs Joe is going to be an event 99 times out of a hundred I feel like.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Not great!

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1452726932643188736?t=rTTKlcvvyGJUw0FV6fs9VA&s=19

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Instead of people just talking about Tom Brady the Mannings can talk TO him. Brilliant!

I mean, hasn't at least one player who went on each Manningcast ended up getting injured significantly, Russ included? Just interesting to note.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Tua actually had a pick almost exactly like this one against the Falcons this week too. Stepped up, was being tackled, tried to pitch it forward to a guy but it didn't even get close to him and went directly to a Falcons defender

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Gotta learn to control that cortisol response

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm pretty sure that means he's out Thursday for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Current playoff standings that I looked at because hell yeah Bengals #1

NFC:
1 Cardinals 7-0
2 Buccaneers 6-1
3 Packers 6-1
4 Cowboys 5-1
-----
5 Rams 6-1
6 Saints 3-2
7 Vikings 3-3 (conference tiebreaker over Falcons)
-----
8 Falcons 3-3
9 Bears 3-4
10 Panthers 3-4
11 Seahawks 2-4
12 49ers 2-4
13 Football Team 2-5
14 Eagles 2-5
15 Giants 2-5
16 Lions 0-7

AFC:
1 Bengals 5-2