Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

No the traditional piledriver was used for years after that.

Austin/Owen was 1997, and IIRC, the piledriver was banned for everyone except a specific few, in either 2000 or 2001. Kane was using the chokeslam as his finisher most of the time, and Undertaker was using the Last Ride more often than not.

I'm pretty sure Justin Credible had to change his finisher, although I can't remember what it became for the life of me, and I'm fairly certain Rhyno didn't do his piledriver at all during his WWE tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Did Jerry Lynn do the cradle piledriver when he showed up in WWF? It wasn't his finisher in that one SmackDown game he appeared in, he had a tornado DDT or something.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

MotU posted:

wrestling has never made any money ever.

this is the ultimate and most forbidden truth of pro wrestling

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

I just saw that one too. Such obvious troll bait

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

This opened up a can of worms, as you can imagine.

if they aren't nazis or never harbored those beliefs then they should have no trouble publicly addressing the issue and explaining the situation themselves.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
My "I'm not a Nazi shirt" is raising a lot of questions in regards to my previous "I am a Nazi shirt".

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if they aren't nazis or never harbored those beliefs then they should have no trouble publicly addressing the issue and explaining the situation themselves.

Google is not providing me with a primary source on this, just other people saying the same thing, so take it with a grain of salt, but the story out there: they were portraying biker characters, to go all in with it they looked up the kind of tattoos bikers get and got some. When it was pointed out that they're also nazi symbols, they were shocked and got them covered up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they tried to explain this to Paul Heyman.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

El Generico posted:

Google is not providing me with a primary source on this, just other people saying the same thing, so take it with a grain of salt, but the story out there: they were portraying biker characters, to go all in with it they looked up the kind of tattoos bikers get and got some. When it was pointed out that they're also nazi symbols, they were shocked and got them covered up.

The only tattoo artists that will do nazi ink are hardcore lifer nazis. You can't go into some random parlor and pick them off the wall, you have to actively seek them out, typically by knowing a nazi who has also had their ink done there. Also doesn't explain poo poo like this

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The only tattoo artists that will do nazi ink are hardcore lifer nazis. You can't go into some random parlor and pick them off the wall, you have to actively seek them out, typically by knowing a nazi who has also had their ink done there. Also doesn't explain poo poo like this

also a bit of a sticky wicket there is they had the literal nazi tattoos before they had biker gimmicks

if the harris brothers arent nazis anymore, well, good obviously, but yeah they at least were nazis lol

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
It's a shame the tattoo story is bullshit because it's Office Space "we're looking up money laundering in the dictionary" levels of absurd.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

if the harris brothers arent nazis anymore, well, good obviously, but yeah they at least were nazis lol

I still wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt tbh

reminded of one Aldo Raine w/r/t taking off the uniform but still being a Nazi

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Isn't there a picture out there of Undertaker wearing an SS shirt, too?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here it is

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/thisisnasty/status/1452305130649374720?s=2

What a weird guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You will see this tweet and think "this is a joke tweet what is it doing in here?" and then you will check their profile, see their header and the JobberNationTV RTs.

https://twitter.com/dummyboyshi/status/1452648102469541888

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hes using this as proof

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1452073604536020992?t=BWxRgh6YLPSWQvg4JzEDkA&s=19

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gee I wonder why he'd post this lol

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1452637050428030985?s=20

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

basically all the replies to this (and its not like there are many to begin with) are people posting that picture of the entire McMahon family meeting Trump in the white house.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrBling posted:

basically all the replies to this (and its not like there are many to begin with) are people posting that picture of the entire McMahon family meeting Trump in the white house.

This reply to one of the quote tweets is a racist HHH segment I have no memory of.

https://twitter.com/ageofthefever/status/1452659021266268161

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Remember when D-X all came out in blackface to mock the Nation of Domination?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Pro-Trump Super PAC" is Vince's new gimmick idea for trying to rehire Neville.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

sticklefifer posted:

"Pro-Trump Super PAC" is Vince's new gimmick idea for trying to rehire Neville.

Adrian Neville was a better name too but WWE's still has that obsession of removing names so they're only one word. I'm legit shocked Sasha Banks isn't just Sasha yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Not sure why a press release about Summerslam didn't mention the demo, very weird.
https://twitter.com/DaveInTheQC/status/1452686230647345154

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I don't want to read his garbage but how did he get 81% out of an 8 man field? is he counting people as half-POC, or based on number of matches not amount of the field, or some other drivel?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Procrastinator posted:

I don't want to read his garbage but how did he get 81% out of an 8 man field? is he counting people as half-POC, or based on number of matches not amount of the field, or some other drivel?

Yes he is literally doing race science on people like Eddie Kingston to determine how white they are. This is not a joke.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
does Konuwa still go on podcasts with Matt Morgan

edit: lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2021/04/10/former-wwe-star-matt-morgan-on-in-ring-return-at-seminole-showdown-wrestlemania-37/

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 25, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

And of course

https://twitter.com/pipebombzz/status/1368793954196525056

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://cultaholic.com/posts/eric-bischoff-tony-khan-is-manipulating-data-to-make-aew-seem-competitive-with-wwe

Can Eric Bischoff count as a bad fan take

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Well he's not a wrestler or works in the wrestling business anymore as far as I know. So yes.

Also: Wow. What an idiot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Well he's not a wrestler or works in the wrestling business anymore as far as I know. So yes.

Also: Wow. What an idiot.

He is a frequent character on AEW television.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
He's appeared a few times, but he's certainly not "frequent" I don't think.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

He's appeared a few times, but he's certainly not "frequent" I don't think.

He's been on Dynamite multiple times and just did two appearances on Rhodes to the Top.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
According to Wikipedia he's been on Dynamite four times. Given that they recently had their 100th episode this would mean that he has appeared on approximately 4% of episodes. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine if this counts as frequent or not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

According to Wikipedia he's been on Dynamite four times. Given that they recently had their 100th episode this would mean that he has appeared on approximately 4% of episodes. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine if this counts as frequent or not.

It does!

Also this guy tagged like 30 accounts in the replies to a tweet of mine (over the course of like 10 tweets to make it weirder) and then gave a very Kurtz like reply when he was asked about it.

https://twitter.com/omegatron_07/status/1452709280717565954

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cerebral Bore posted:

if you would consider, say, jerry's uncle leo a frequent seinfeld character then eric counts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

if you would consider, say, jerry's uncle leo a frequent seinfeld character then eric counts

Uncle Leo!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

my favorite all PoC wrestling promotion Squid Games

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

my favorite all PoC wrestling promotion Squid Games

The tweet is even dumber because the whole game in that show is run by white English-speaking billionaires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

The tweet is even dumber because the whole game in that show is run by white English-speaking billionaires.

That's his favorite promotion!!!