Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

GD_American posted:

I think all the Saints fans in here are basically on autopilot just from inertia. I started cheering for Kamara and a few other individual players, but I hope the franchise gets continuously embarrassed.

And Watson's case is so, so much worse

The way the Niners and the league did Kaep led me to significantly disengage from football. I haven’t paid for an nfl product since and I keep up a lot less closely. Bringing in deshaun (obviously not happening) would lead me to switch teams or just quit watching the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If the fins trade for Watson and send Tua packing, I will be a fan of whatever team Tua is traded to.

Isn't the rumor that he's going to Washington though?

Imagine having to be a fan of a team owned by Dan Snyder

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
That was the rumor that everyone who wasn't that Texans beat guy stomped out. What he proposed was sensible if they weren't trading for a rapist.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Please get Watson off my team.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I am sorry, Texans, Dolphins, and Panthers fans, collectively.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kirios posted:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lobster shirt posted:

it's because he is a sexual predator and likes to prey on unwilling women

Yeah I guess that's the only explanation. That's very depressing. I guess I assumed that in most cases sexual criminals were mainly driven by anger and frustration at not getting laid rather than some sadistic need to take power over another person.

Stupid as gently caress to think that, honestly, now that I'm pondering it

fsif posted:

Yeah but Watson only has 33% of your nipples.

eyyy, you gotta take your victories where you can find them am I right? lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Most people aren't going to abandon their team, or perhaps even get upset, if they trade for Watson. And given the unsavory nature of many of the players and people running teams it's pretty understandable. I'm not going to throw any stones at Panthers or Dolphins fans for continuing to root for their teams even if they have Watson. But I will make a lot of tasteless jokes about it.

For some reason I feel like the NFL will somehow put a stop to any deal this year because they don't want to have to deal with a Deshaun Watson who is actually going to play.

Out of sight, out of mind, that's where the NFL wants him right now. Somewhere where they don't have to deal with him. At least that's the way I see it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kirios posted:

[extremely Billy Ocean voice]

Get off of my team
And get behind bars

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kirios posted:

Please keep Watson off my team.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

[extremely Billy Ocean voice]

Get off of my team
And get behind bars

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Play posted:

For some reason I feel like the NFL will somehow put a stop to any deal this year because they don't want to have to deal with a Deshaun Watson who is actually going to play.

Out of sight, out of mind, that's where the NFL wants him right now. Somewhere where they don't have to deal with him. At least that's the way I see it

I guess they could do it behind the scenes but if they don't explicitly do something like put him on the exempt list, but block a deal, that would be a real problem for them with the union I'd guess

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I suspect any deal the panthers would make would be accompanied by an off the record guarantee that the nfl is not going to act.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Play posted:

I guess I assumed that in most cases sexual criminals were mainly driven by anger and frustration at not getting laid rather than some sadistic need to take power over another person.

Stupid as gently caress to think that, honestly, now that I'm pondering it

Yes goons and highly successful celebrity athletes have vastly different motivations for sexual deviancy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

I suspect any deal the panthers would make would be accompanied by an off the record guarantee that the nfl is not going to act.

That's what makes me wonder about all this. What on earth kind of risk guarantee could be written into that trade regarding his possible suspension, indictment, or conviction?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Called COVID the China virus

https://twitter.com/BallySports/status/1453092691185651720?s=20

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

LOL at the the pearl clutching of that title. Has Silver been paying attention to what has been going on outside the sports world the last 4 years?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
SHOW US HIS loving EMAILS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

LOL at the the pearl clutching of that title. Has Silver been paying attention to what has been going on outside the sports world the last 4 years?

You mean the rise in anti Asian racism?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

this is just gonna make them more popular in texas

also jfc im sorry to dolphins and panthers fans, this poo poo is all despicable. part of the reason i checked out on the nfl for awhile was bc the bucs had loving Jameis at QB and i hated having to see that piece of poo poo trot out there every sunday

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

That's what makes me wonder about all this. What on earth kind of risk guarantee could be written into that trade regarding his possible suspension, indictment, or conviction?

Tepper is worth 8 billion and at least part of Richardson being forced to sell was tepper wanting to buy.

The cynical side of me thinks this is going to be settled out of court. Tepper might believe he can buy enough of a pr blitz to convinced 51% that WELL ACTUALLY

Even more likely if he can stare the Texans down as the deadline approaches.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

CharlestheHammer posted:

You mean the rise in anti Asian racism?

That in particular, but it's kinda dealer's choice on what flavor of racism you want to spout.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
More backing that all media talk is coming from the Texans.

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1453041884645974017?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

More backing that all media talk is coming from the Texans.

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1453041884645974017?s=20

Joe person reported it and he has the kind of relationship with the panthers where he wouldn’t unless he was told to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/1453141397557727238

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So "you can trade for him now but it's at your own risk" basically, but he won't get suspended until at least charges are filed

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hey it’s only been checks notes 7 months. This stuff takes time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1453139734419673101?s=21

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Functionally that means a trade has not been agreed and is just play-acting from both sides right now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Gooddell just said he’s not suspending him based on the current status of his investigation. My bet is there are some heavy settlement negotiations going on right now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1453144771468353541

So part 2 of Barry's prior tweet is done

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Right. I didn't express this well in the last post but what Goodell has basically just acknowledged, since my understanding is that depositions for the civil suit won't even take place til February, is that unless something changes dramatically if you trade for Watson today you'll have him for the rest of the year, and anything after that is a risk you are choosing to take on.

But you can rest assured the NFL won't stop you from running him out there until after the Super Bowl.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Full disclosure, I have a $20 bet with blarzgh that watson will be traded before the deadline so I have a rooting interest in him getting shipped out.

I’m glad the NFL confirmed he’s not playing because he’s sitting out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would they need to confirm that

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The exact loving reason to have an unaccountable, capricious Commissioner's Exempt List is to avoid the titanic PR poo poo storm that allowing Watson to play would bring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fsif posted:

The exact loving reason to have an unaccountable, capricious Commissioner's Exempt List is to avoid the titanic PR poo poo storm that allowing Watson to play would bring.

Gooddell has said he doesn’t have enough to put him on the exempt list. He could be playing right now but refuses to play for the Texans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pride ourselves on doing nothing

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1453147163471581186

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gooddell has said he doesn’t have enough to put him on the exempt list. He could be playing right now but refuses to play for the Texans.

He has full and untethered discretion on who gets placed on the list. His hands aren't tied.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

What there are no rules for who goes on the list.

He can put anyone he wants on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The point is Goodell can put whomever he wants on the list for whatever reason he wants, real or trumped up.