Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I ordered the t-shirt to wear ironically.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i (Alec Baldwin) am going to make BBC the dp on the set of my (Alec Baldwin) new western movie, "Alec Baldwin's Rust by Alec Baldwin" where I will be the armorer, producer, AD, and lead actor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm directing a new film for all my friends in this thread

Майская ночь, или Утопленница

Hope you like and not miss comedic point!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

punishedkissinger posted:

i think guns and stunts should be allowed and should be tightly overseen by qualified union labor under strict regulation.
but perhaps all these regulations mean movie sets have become too safe and have allowed snowflake millennials to take a lackadaisical approach to safety!

maybe instead studios should come equipped with multiple fully loaded and poorly maintained firearms to keep people on their toes!

have you thought about that!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

perhaps if we shot all actors and production crew with tiny bullets when they're young they would be more resistant to bullets as adults

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

i (Alec Baldwin) am going to make a movie where BBC gets dp’d by the armorer, producer, AD, and lead actor

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Alec Baldwin, grey haired and tired eyed, finally breaks. Tears roll down his cheeks as his last emotional barrier falls and like a dam breaking his whole world comes crashing down. He is done with screenplays, the movie industry, people. After everything that has happened, what is left for him?

He looks across the field he is sitting in, sky perpetually red from the fires that burn all around him. He has lost track of time and does not recall the last time he ate, let alone slept. In the distance a crumbling city decays, its inhabitants dead. Each and every single one of them, by his hand and his hand alone.

The flies came and thus did maggots. No matter how many of those he killed, it was not the same. It was too easy. No deception or sleight of hand was needed to shoot those things. His Wile E. Coyote style antics provoked no mirth when played against emotionless insects. He watched them breed and eat and fight over the corpses, a new world starting in place of the old one.

It was time to admit that his acting career... was finally over.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

what would you be comfortable with happening in movies since you've stated repeatedly that you don't want guns on set OR stunts to be occurring?

from page one

Icochet posted:

Just say bang with your mouth you idiots

No one needs to die on the altar of loving entertainment.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Songbearer posted:

Alec Baldwin, grey haired and tired eyed, finally breaks. Tears roll down his cheeks as his last emotional barrier falls and like a dam breaking his whole world comes crashing down. He is done with screenplays, the movie industry, people. After everything that has happened, what is left for him?

He looks across the field he is sitting in, sky perpetually red from the fires that burn all around him. He has lost track of time and does not recall the last time he ate, let alone slept. In the distance a crumbling city decays, its inhabitants dead. Each and every single one of them, by his hand and his hand alone.

The flies came and thus did maggots. No matter how many of those he killed, it was not the same. It was too easy. No deception or sleight of hand was needed to shoot those things. His Wile E. Coyote style antics provoked no mirth when played against emotionless insects. He watched them breed and eat and fight over the corpses, a new world starting in place of the old one.

It was time to admit that his acting career... was finally over.

:golfclap:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41v5DkE2vBw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sure okay posted:

wrong, you'll die for my pleasure, serf, and you'll like it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

logging into the forums to get super intense about alec baldwin

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

wrong, you'll die for my pleasure, serf, and you'll like it

Die for me, entertainer! And make it snappy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just watched the Cursed Films documentaries and not a single person went to jail for killing two children who were illegally working on the set of the Twilight Zone movie :thumbsup:

bigduck
Oct 8, 2021

by Pragmatica
Bieber is the real culprit here. I never trusted that little poo poo.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Be careful, Ryan. Things next to the camera don't respond well to bullets.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I just watched the Cursed Films documentaries and not a single person went to jail for killing two children who were illegally working on the set of the Twilight Zone movie :thumbsup:

cold helicopter!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Landis was one of the many celebrities who signed the 2009 petition to release film director Roman Polanski, during his arrest in Switzerland in relation to his 1977 charge for drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl.[27][28]

Lmao the guy just revels in bring a piece of poo poo

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

just gonna keep using this gun that constantly misfires because I, a chuddy person that makes gun their personality, knows best

It's not a misfire kinda thing, it's that rapidly drawing guns from holsters can easily lead to your finger or part of the holster pulling the trigger. Especially for old style guns without a trigger guard. It's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot/leg.

Hell of a thing that they kept doing it after the first ND - I can't tell from the wording but it may be suggesting that was also a live round fired on set?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Were they killed, or did they travel to a dimension where TIME and SPACE are but SUGGESTIONS?!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

shooting ppl with guns is hosed up imo

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

cold helicopter!

lol

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
She was comin straight for him!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know, it would not be incorrect to say this movie had some hot takes.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Hot takes and cold guns

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Personally I'm surprised that The Onion hasn't chimed in yet. There was a time that they would have had a headline out within the first 24 hours.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Warbadger posted:

It's not a misfire kinda thing, it's that rapidly drawing guns from holsters can easily lead to your finger or part of the holster pulling the trigger. Especially for old style guns without a trigger guard. It's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot/leg.

Hell of a thing that they kept doing it after the first ND - I can't tell from the wording but it may be suggesting that was also a live round fired on set?

I'm gonna go ahead and believe the people on set who said the gun kept loving misfiring instead of someone that wants Alec Baldwin pilloried, thanks

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I hear the last scene they shot was the most impactful scenes the crew had ever been a part of.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

MrQwerty posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and believe the people on set who said the gun kept loving misfiring instead of someone that wants Alec Baldwin pilloried, thanks

What reports have you seen of the gun going off by itself? The only incident I've seen detailed is when the stunt double was handling it and set it off. They were told it was a cold gun as well and likely did not take care to not interact with the trigger.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

That's not how guns work. First off, misfiring generally means a gun fails to fire - which is the most common failure state with guns. Mechanical failure actually firing a bullet, however, is pretty drat rare because it requires striking the back end of a cartridge really hard right on the bit that sets it off - and the only thing in a position to do that is the firing mechanism which is imparted with force (initially, at least) by pulling the trigger of the gun. That sort of failure requires something like a free floating firing pin combined with a sharp impact to slam it home, a double action mechanism capable of storing energy (think cocking a trigger) that is so poorly designed that it releases its stored energy when shaken/bumped/whatever (Taurus!), or an automatic mechanism where it starts firing normally but fails to STOP firing until it runs out of ammo (the firing of the gun is providing the force needed to work the mechanism and fire the next round). In 99.99% of cases where "the gun just went off" somebody accidentally pulled or snagged the trigger, then regretted it.

With a single action revolver like they're describing, though, you have a pretty simple trigger mechanism that pulls a hammer back then releases it to strike the back of a cartridge really hard. You can't cock the hammer or otherwise store energy in the firing mechanism - every shot requires pulling the trigger or the hammer. The hammer itself is also the same part striking the cartridge so no need to worry about a firing pin bumping around in there. Firing the gun does not work this firing mechanism in any way, so it can't go full auto. Thus no hammer pulling back = no bang.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 26, 2021

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I think Johnny Depp did it. Does he have an alibi?

Don't be dumb. This was being filmed an hour away from Albuquerque. Obviously it was Walter White. The cops were getting too close Jesse and Walter snuck onto the set and put real bullets into the cold guns to create a distraction.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If I was an actor I would do all kinds of crimes, all the time, and then act all innocent

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 26, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

James Woods posted:

Personally I'm surprised that The Onion hasn't chimed in yet. There was a time that they would have had a headline out within the first 24 hours.

"No way to prevent this" says only production where this keeps happening

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Bronze Fonz posted:

‘Rust’ producers wrap set for shooting investigation, calling it a ‘pause’

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-24/rust-producers-shut-down-production-during-investigation

Producers of Alec Baldwin’s “Rust” have announced that they are going to “pause” the film production as law enforcement investigates the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

“As we go through this crisis, we have made the decision to wrap the set at least until the investigations are complete,” the producers said in an email to crew members Sunday night.

“Although our hearts are broken, and it is hard to see beyond the horizon, this is, at the moment, a pause rather than an end. The spirit that brought us all to this special place remains,” the producers said.

Production already had been halted on the set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe since Thursday afternoon, when Baldwin, an actor and producer of the film, accidentally shot Hutchins with a prop gun while rehearsing a shoot-out scene in a wooden church. The production was on the 12th day of a 21-day film shoot.

We paused mining while we were looking for Tommy's legs down the shaft, but don't worry, the spirit that brings us all to this special place remains. In the mean time, although our hearts are broken, we are expecting you to pull double duty since coal won't mine itself. -Some rear end in a top hat

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Until your post, I didn't even know this was a thing. I've just watched the trailer, and now know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the day. Thanks for the heads up :)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Is there a single unambiguous word to describe a complete, unspent cartridge or round? So including the primer, gunpowder, and bullet, all nicely encased in, well, the casing?

(I would also be ok with a combination of two words. Anything short of a full sentence or description really.)

edit: and is it known yet if it was this that was shot? or if it was more a Brandon Lee type of thing where something was left in the barrel?

uXs fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 26, 2021

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The woman who died had a 9 year old son :(

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

sure okay posted:

from page one

idk those hollywood folks make a lot of money, i think they can afford the risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and believe the people on set who said the gun kept loving misfiring

Warbadger posted:

That's not how guns work.

I for one am stunned, STUNNED, that this poster has no loving idea what they've been blathering on about the entire time.